Thoughtful Thursday 8/10/2017

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Aug 10, 2017.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

My goodness, we are zipping through August, aren't we? Off to volunteer at the gift shop this morning. Better leave my checkbook at home since the fall stuff is starting to appear. So.much.temptation!

Have a great day!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! A warm 24C today with sun. Did gym, but thinking of going up the hill to shop tomorrow at noon instead of gym in the morning? hm......

Well seems our group of friends all agree to just a supper instead of a weekend rental for September :( too bad I look forward to it all year long. ah well... will give me more time to plan for Christmas!

Saw 2 falling stars yesterday.

Have a great day

4. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

School was fine today- a warm, sunny day... I feel that winter is on its way out! YAY!
    Kids moods (and mine) were much improved by the warmth in the sun today.
    Merlin and Kelso are loving their "Jobs" as reading dogs. Merlin is so filled with importance that he struts through the hallway almost with an air that HE is in charge. He knows his way around the school now- he walks past my office- looks at me as if to say... "Im busy!" Kids reading is really becoming more fluent! Kelso is such a sweet girl that she is happy to listen to reading all day without moving!

Just a quiet night at home tonight- Merlin and Kelso are sprawled with Luke who is half asleep. Not sure who is using who as a pillow!

Have a great day all

5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Hello!

It looks like it will be a beautiful weather day here. It will be in the high 70s, so pleasant. Not

Just wanted to say hello to you all!

Have a terrific day wherever you may land!

~peace~

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Off today! Got up and I put cinnamon rolls (from can) in oven. Ryan left as they were getting done so he didn't take any. I put 3 on the plate for the trash guy and took Allen some out and told him to taste them since they expired a couple weeks ago. They were fine but decided not to give any to the trash guy. Got some odd trash stuff picked up and moved out.

Did really nothing last night!!! Such a WASTE! Came home was tired, ate, sat and watched Property Brothers and slept in chair.

Not sure what today will bring. So much cleaning needs done inside and outside.

Not sure if Jaymee and Teigan will come today or not. Don't know if we will go get fish or not until week-end.

Watching a mom and twin deer across the road. Have been seeing a lot of them lately again.

Have a GREAT day!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DS was in the bathroom already this morning and said he had diarrhea. The problem with this is that after the stuff in South Carolina, I have to be doubtful of whether it's real or if he's pulling the same stuff again. He seems to be enjoying school and making a lot of friends. BUT....the doubt is always in the back of my mind if he's going to start freaking out again and we're going to have issues. Once he exited the bathroom I made him go get in the shower and he will go to school today. He has to learn that the world doesn't stop just because we may not feel 100% at all times. I, quite often, function below that level. I, too, am having stomach issues this morning but I can't go crawl back in bed and say screw the day. So, we'll see what kind of fight i'm in for when he comes back downstairs. I think he'll be fine once he gets to school. Really wish that gastro referral would have gone through in SC though way back when for him. I may have to make him an appointment here and talk to the new doctor about it and his frequent gastro issues.

After I take the kids to school this morning i'll come back here and wait for the unaccompanied baggage to be delivered. Once it comes i'll be free to do whatever. I want to go to Home Depot and look at paint colors. I googled the ones we are allowed to use. If anyone is curious they are Sherwin Williams colors: SW 6162, SW 6225, SW 6679, SW 6113. They aren't bad and I think we may use some of them in the downstairs. But I think we'll still let the kids pick their own colors for their rooms. We are allowed to paint one wall in each room, an accent wall.

There was something on the calendar for DS's school this evening called New Parent Night, but nothing has come home about it. So i'll look on the website and see if it says anything.

Enjoy your day!

8. luludou

Went out with 3cws for lunch, was the 58th bday of my office neighbor :)

9. MrsSoup

So...it's the same issues as in South Carolina. Please pray for me y'all. My nerves are shot. I don't have any weight left to lose, i'll wither away to nothing. I don't want to deal with this again. I made him an appointment for 9:40 and i'm not leaving without a gastro referral and a psych referral. He called me upstairs and he was in his doorway crying. He said that every morning he wakes up and his stomach feels like a black hole. He said he really likes his school and has made friends and he's been trying but he just doesn't know what's wrong. He said he couldn't feel his legs. So I got on the phone and made him an appointment. I told him he's going to school afterwards, he's not getting a free day off. He cannot sit at home and miss school. He has to get over his fear or whatever it is and he can't miss school until he gets into therapy, the school, and I, will not allow that. So he's going to have to figure out how to deal with it. I don't know why it came to a head this morning when he's been fine for three days. I'm going to have to go talk to the school counselor and let them know what's going on and see what services they can offer or what we can do.

10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! In GA visiting friends for a few days before we head to the eclipse rally. Looks like it just stopped raining and the sun is trying to come out but wouldn't put rain entirely out of the forecast - seems that way for much of the east coast.

We got a new dog from the local humane society. This is Buffy's (the vampire slayer) first day so she has finally settled down for a nap. She's been in and out a lot and seems to need go learn how to go up and down stairs. She's 9 mo to 1 year old and looks to me like a cross between a dauschund and a corgi. Seems to really like people and other dogs.

Tomorrow we have a girls day planned - lunch and shopping -while the boys play with their Coleman lanterns.

Jess - sorry that DS is having trouble again - hope it is all figured out soon
    Tanya - I can just imagine Merlin and Kelso at "work"
    Lana - glad you're off
    Lucie - sorry your plans were shortened
    Pamela - when does Sophia come home?
    Lisa - hope the day went well.

Hello to all!

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

just wanted to say hello and have agood evening. going to see lee brice in concert in about a hour

12. MrsSoup

Hi again!

So, DS had bloodwork done to test for celiac, diabetes and i'm not sure what else, maybe thyroid as well. He also has to do stool samples. He was given some stomach meds to take as needed. He goes back for a follow up in 3 weeks. He was given a gastro referral and has an appointment with the in-house psychologist on the 21st, not soon enough. If he continues to be as bad as he was this morning i'll be calling back and asking for an anti-anxiety med to help him until his appointment. I tried to drive him to school after and he begged and pleaded to have today to collect himself. I told him why it wasn't a good idea and we fought over it. He wasn't going to get out of the car at school and I made it very clear that if he doesn't go to school tomorrow he will lose my trust. It's been a very stressful, tear-filled morning. I think I will be making a run to the Class Six later.

The neighbor needs me to get her younger two again, hopefully this will be the last time. I will have to bring them home and then drive back to get the older two from the Middle School. She is going tomorrow to buy bus passes for them. So I shouldn't have to take them to school anymore either, hopefully because she should have her van back soon. So tired of being a taxi!

DH is back from getting the truck inspected and our unaccompanied baggage was delivered.

Debbie- Aloha to Buffy!

Later!

13. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Active Member

Jess, so sorry to hear of your son's anxiety over school. I've been experiencing it with my grandson over going to the sitter. It's been a little better this week but a couple weeks ago he would just cry on our way there. I had to bribe him with the promise of a new toy.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jess, a hard situation for you. Stick to your guns as hard as it is because you cannot go back to what it was. DS will have to deal with this (with the help of meds and counseling) and get on with it. None of us have the luxury of just crawling in a hole and not facing what scares us. If it is school now, it may be work later or what ever and DS will never get to experience life.
    You need to look after yourself so that you have the strength to help DS through this. Hang tough.

15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Jessica please keep DS encouraged with the facts you are listening to him and that you will help him find answers. Validating him will help him. Does he have any of the symptoms when he is with his dad? Stay patient these situations take time. Prayers and ((hugs)) for you and DS.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  16. sweetpumkinpye

A gorgeous day here and a definite hint of spring in the air. DD and are are off to Bunnings (Home Depot) for some plants to fill the outdoor pots.
    A backyard clean up is due.
    Another DrillDance coach will be over this afternoon as we need to book accommodation for a 2 day coaching workshop in Sydney for September. Too far for us to travel up and back so will need a hotel for the night.
    Hope that you are all having a great day,

Debbie, welcome to Buffy.....she is stunning.

17. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Jess - big hugs for you.
    Debbie - Buffy sounds like a wonderful addition to your family.

18. sweetpumkinpye

Got home frm the hardware and have been outside tidying things. Am wearing teeshirt and although it is a little breezy it is very pleasant. Will stop for lunch now and get back to it this afternoon.
    I told DD not to get too into the mood because Winter is still here and will come back to bite.

19. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

If you have not seen any problems like this under other stressful situation. It may not be such a major problem. I think you are a strong and wonderful mom.

The doctor asking for stool sample is brilliant. Now to see if DS produces any. This is one of the things we use to ask army soldiers to do when they came to ER saying they couldn't go to work. It was amazing how many seemed to recover so quickly. Not saying DS doesn't have a problem. I believe you said one time your mom had Celiac. Celiac can have many symptoms and stress is one of them. It also could be that he is having panic attack from the previous difficult time he had in SC.

You will be able to handle this.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Miss JoDee likes this.
  20. luludou

Jess - you got quick appointments! My ds is still waiting for them :( He is starting to have anxiety too caused by too long time with his side hurting.