Thoughtful Thursday, June 13, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Jun 13, 2019.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, beautiful MHH Friends!

2. missjane

Hello, everyone.

Another cool morning here. I wish our humidity were this low all the time!

I seem to have aches and pains this morning. I did stretches/exercises for my back before going to bed last night, so likely that it's from that. I meant to take a muscle relaxer before I went to bed, but got busy and didn't.

DDs and I are going shopping today. DD22 will look for swimming suits and I will look for swimming suit tops. Have plenty of bottoms. Not sure what DD26 wants to look for. We'll pick her up from her house. I'm sure we'll see what's on the sale racks - we always do. I need to do a couple loads of laundry before we leave, load the dishwasher, and do general straightening up. Bed surely does feel good this morning, though!

I think we decided the only way to flip the budget is to take money from savings at the end of this month to cover the bills that will come out twice. At least we have extra income to put it back in after my retirement check comes in July. It will delay paying off one bill, but that's okay if it puts us on track for the new bill paying schedule. That's about as deep as my thoughts go today!

Katrina, rest the remainder of this week if you can. Good job on the baking yesterday. You'll have to share the coconut pie recipe. Do you freeze it?

I hope you all have a great day!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Jane and All!

Jane hope you all have fun shopping.

Everybody liked the cake yesterday. I think the recipe is a keeper. Out of one of the Pioneer Woman cookbooks. I followed her blog way back in the day when she only did that and wasn't known at all.

Last night Allen, Teigan and I ran to Mt. Vernon. Got Aunt Imogene 2 pairs of pants if whe will like then is another thing. They are petite but I will still have to cut off several inches if kept. I am like 5'4 or 5'3 and she barely comes to my shoulders. ( My family shrinks) Gpt a few things at Wal-Mart and it was $145. I was thinking like 90 to 100! We ate at Ryans Steakhouse. Good but not worth 37! Teigan ate an ice cream cone there.

Got home and she was excited Ryan was here. Went out and did a few fireworks Ryan had gotten her and she got some pops at Wal-Mart. Was outside till almost 9:45 and she didn't go out till about 10:15. It is 8:27 and she is out yet.

Allen went to get some gas for the grill.

Jaymee stopped by and got some shoes for work. Hoping she will take some stuff this afternoon.

Will do turkey roast for supper.

Katrina the coconut pie sounds good. Feel better!

Lisa, is out of school!

Have a GREAT day!

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Our weather has been super nice too. To cool to swim but no humidity. High 70's and low 80s. Had alittle rain yesterday. Would love summer like this.

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

It's my Friday today as I am off tomorrow for the closet delivery. As long as UPS comes in the morning, I am hopeful that we can get both closets installed. The alarm rep came last night and went over the specifics. It's wireless and has an app and sounds way too technical for me but they do the installation and will show us how to set up and use everything. I long for the less technical days. I know it's all so incredibly fast and convenient but it's so complicated.

Hope work is steady so 4:00pm rolls around quickly. I will post photos when everything is in place.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Goof morning.

Laundry day today. I need to gather the rest of it and get going soon. I have dressed and eaten.

It is chilly this a.m. We will have rain and gusty winds today. More like April weather. Instead of mid June. I have headache hangover this a.m. I was so nauseated last night. Not as bad this morning. First migraine in a while. I hate them. Jessica, I always feel for you when you get one. Not for whimps!

I will take my iPad and a book with me. And I will finally get to see my Rocky. That sweet bundle of fur! I doubt that Samuel will be there. As long as I can have Rocky, I am ok.

I am just yammering here, so I think I will stop before I make someone scream! . Hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe and be blessed. TTYL

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon all!

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks. Came back and it was like winter turned into mid-summer while we were gone. So hot! So many mosquitoes!

Time to catch up on my reading and see what everyone has been up to.

Can you believe there are only 195 days until Christmas?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Hello!

It's the first day of summer vacay! Yay! It's cool...only 58* and rainy. :eek: Pam....I agree, not June weather at all. I didn't sleep well last night, usually don't when H has to leave for work at 2 am. Tossed and turned all night, waking every hour and dreaming weirdly. Woke up to 6 texts from my bff about workplace union drama. :rolleyes: Her daughter now works in our district and now our school, so that adds some mama drama to it all too.
    I worked on the menu and grocery list for the next 2 weeks. Replaced my meds with the new ones that arrived. Put some things laying about away. The usual stuff. I have to get into making lunch daily mode again....one thing I miss in the summer is someone having lunch ready for me! lol Thank goodness for our cafeteria ladies!

Tonight is J's work banquet. I was going to wear a sleeveless maxi dress, but am not sure I'll be warm enough. May have to change up my outfit.

FS...195 days will fly by!
    Jane...happy shopping!
    Lana...sounds like Teigan had a lovely night!
    Hi Pamela....sounds like things are coming together.

Have a good day! ~peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DD and I walked down the road this morning to watch the Division Run go by. DH ran over and gave high fives. We saw the helicopters fly over our heads numerous times while we were waiting, pretty cool. I just did the bills and checkbook as it is payday and now i'm getting ready to head out. I have my annual V.A. appointment this morning and then am going to get my hair done, toned and trimmed today. I think i'll go 5 weeks this time instead of 4 but will have to look at the calendar and see if that falls when my mom is here so may have to go right before she comes instead. We'll see.

This afternoon no plans except school work and DS's laundry pile. Have to get that sucker done. I asked DD to wash the blankets while i'm gone so at least that part is done. Hopefully she follows through. I need to get the trash put out before I leave so I best get moving.

Jane- I'm glad you are figuring out your budget and have the savings to be able to help! Swim suit shopping, fun stuff.
    Lana- I love her chocolate sheet cake and so do all the kids! I make it whenever we have a potluck to go to.
    Pamela- Can't wait to see photos!!
    Pam- Sorry about your migraine, they are definitely not fun!
    FS- Nice to see you!
    Lisa- Lunch is my least favorite meal. I never know what to eat and nothing ever sounds good. The kids just want to eat cereal and poptarts every day. Ugh! Just take a sweater to wear if you get cold.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Afternoon all MHHer.

LC1 has worked the last three days. Today she is on a roll. She vacuum, wet mopped and steam cleaned the floors in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room. Now she is getting lunch for herself and DD. The floors shine.

Dh went to do stepmom's banking and then she was to report to ER since she isn't any better. She is having testing done now. Dh thinks they will admit her since she is worse than the last time he took her to ER. He keeps bugging her about her funeral affairs. I told him to leave her alone. If she wants to share the information she will without him bugging her. She's a very private person. She really doesn't have to share if she doesn't want to. She rents an apartment and does not have a fortune so the government isn't going to run in the minute she dies. Dad had a will and it was not even read when he died because there really wasn't anything to take care of. She has no children either.

I watered some of my potted plants this morning and filled the water fountain. I think we need to get a new solar panel for the fountain. It isn't staying on all day. We've had it several years and I keep it fairly clean. I did order some shoe cleaners since Dh is bringing in grass when he cuts the lawn.

Wishing all a good day.

11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Having a respite from the heavy rain we had this morning. Not sure when the next batch is coming through. And in the 50's too.

Spoke with my friend last night and we put together a spring camping trip in SC and TN that should be fun. I presented it to DH at breakfast and it was a go. Something to look forward to. Also said that we should go our Hawaii trip in later February or early March as the hotel (Hale Koa) on Oahu does not seem to be booked yet.

Now I'm not doing anything - going to a Mets gae later if the weather holds out.

Diedra - hope stepmom is OK
    FS - nice that you came home to summer weather
    Lisa - enjoying that first day of vacation!
    Pam - enjoying Rocky
    Pamela - hope you get a lot done this weekend
    Lana - bet Teigan had fun staying out late with grandma and grandpa

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. busy day at work. went to the christmas tree shop got acouple july 4th decorations. came home washed a load of clothes . sun is shining . have great evening

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all,
    Up early as I had the maintenance man come to fix DS wardrobe door that keeps coming off the tracks. Hopefully that is fixed now. Still waiting to hear back about the dishwasher that has not been working properly since March.:rolleyes:
    DS has taken my car to work to get the faulty airbag replaced. Will be glad when that is done.
    Will spend the rest of the day tidying the house and getting a few things done so that I am ahead of the game for the weekend. Need to pull the sewing machine out and do some repairs so might get to that.

I have some mince in the fridge that needs using so tonight's dinner will be meat loaf.
    Will find the coconut pie recipe and post it here for all who are interested.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! Started the day with a walk in Old Quebec, don't have anything to monitor my steps-distance but I think I did do my 4 km. Saw some stray cats around the hospital and security guard says there are always quite a few around... someone is feeding them as I saw some food and water near a gate opening.
    I was attacked by a blackbird in the park! It kept squawking and swooping down over my head really close, glad I was almost out of there when it saw me.
    Lunch was with cw's, nice and good.
    Afternoon did not go as well.. had scheduled a meeting... and forgot to go!!! I arrived with 5 minutes to spare, feel bad about it but on the other hand they had to speak to each other and I only assisted.
    DS is gone to buy a new car, dh is not happy.. they do need a car but dh says they don't look around enough (new to them... a few years old the car). Anyhow the dog is here, they are coming to pick him up in a few. dh is at guitar lessons.
    think I'll turn in early, feeling blah tonight.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Buzzing along here trying to get things done to free up my weekends. It seems no matter how hard I work through the week there is still a lot to do on Sundays so am trying to change that.
    I have written the coconut pie recipe for those who might be interested. we had it with coffee last night when the kids were here and it is delicious.

Easy Coconut Pie.

3/4 cup sugar
    1/8 tsp salt
    3 cups whole milk
    3 large eggs, beaten
    1-1/2 cups shredded coconut
    1 tab butter
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla
    9 inch pie shell, baked.

1) In a medium saucepan combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the milk and heat until thick and bubbly. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes.
    2) Remove from the heat, gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the beaten eggs, return all to the saucepan and cook until nearly boiling. Reduce heat and cook for a further 2 minutes (do not boil). Stir in a cup of the coconut, the vanilla and the butter until melted.
    3) Pour into pie shell, sprinkle with coconut and chill for several hours before serving.

Lana, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  16. missjane

Hi, everyone!

We got off on a slow start this morning and didn't make it to pick up DD26 until about 10:45. Consequently, DD22 and I got home at almost 8:00 tonight. We picked up supper on the way home. She got one swimsuit top. We'll look for bottoms later and maybe another top, too. I bought one swimming suit top and ordered another. Got a few bargains...6 tops, one pair of shoes, some earrings for DD22; a pair of shoes, kimono style top (like everyone is wearing here), a necklace and bracelet for me; several pair of earrings, a necklace, a hoodie, 3 shirts for DSIL for DD26. It seems like DD26 got a couple more things, but I can't remember what. It was a good day together.

I think we're staying home tomorrow. We had talked about working at Crowville tomorrow, but I think Mama needs a break from that. Two of the great-granddaughters spent the night at her house last night, along with DN#1 & 2, and my DSis from Texas! A house full of girls!

Lana, I was thinking today how things are so expensive when a family ahead of us was checking out...seems you have almost nothing and the bill is outrageous.
    FS, maybe you and the girls can spend some time outside since the weather is warm. Hope you can avoid the mosquitoes.
    Lucie, I bet the bird had a nest nearby. Hope the "new" car doesn't put DS's budget over the edge. Some lessons are hard learned.
    Pam, hope you're feeling better. If you have a blood pressure machine, maybe you should check it...dizziness a couple weeks ago, headache now....I worry about you.
    Katrina, hope you got a lot done today so you will have a weekend to do less. Thanks for the pie recipe. Sounds good!
    Diedra, it sounds like LC1 has been a huge help. Hope things go well for stepmom. How old is she? (I think you've told us, but I don't remember.)
    Debbie, those are great trips it sounds like you have planned. I hope DH and I get to travel after he retires.
    Faye, it must be great to be where there's a Christmas shop!
    Lisa, I agree with the lunch being difficult to get used to. Just about the time you get into a good summer routine, it's time to go back. M's last four years will fly by!
    Jess, it sounds like a busy day for you. How long will your mom get to stay?

Like Lisa, I didn't sleep well last night. I had forgotten that I can't exercise at night, because I can't go to sleep for several hours afterwards, so I was still awake at almost 2:00 and back up at 5:45. Did okay all day today, but now, I'm nodding off.

So....hoping you're all having a good night and rest well....better than I did last night! Night, friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

MissJane, Stepmom is 89. She was admitted. Because she was complaining of pain in her tummy area and going up her throat the Dr was afraid of some type of mass (thinking cancer at her age). Turned out to be stepmom has been extremely constipated. Now why she didn’t tell the doctor she was having problems I do not understand. Did she really not know nothing wasn’t coming out for weeks! Stepmom has had this problem before so maybe just tell the doctor instead of keeping it a secret. Certainly explains why she has been feeling terrible. Hopefully they can get her going tonight or tomorrow. I have a friend who waited until she was so constipated she was throwing it up. She almost died and ended up with 8 inches of her intestines removed. Something so easily fix with a little pill if you’ve not had a BM in two days. Please if you have a problem take care of it right away. One of DD housemates died from a ruptured colon because no one paid attention to her BMs. Sorry for the ranting.

18. missjane

I've known of many elderly people that this is a problem for. Maybe they don't really think about how long it's been since they've had a BM??? Are they a generation that there are still some topics that are taboo, even with the doctor??? Or is it a memory thing??? They can't remember whether they have or haven't or how long it's been??? When I was teaching and conversation led to telling things to your doctor, I always told them to TELL THE DOCTOR EVERYTHING, even little small insignificant-seeming things, because that often leads the doctor in one direction or the other in trying to diagnose people. One symptom you don't tell them may be the clue they need to figure out what's wrong. They aren't magicians or mind readers. I've known a lot of children that have the same problem because parents don't pay attention to their BMs, either. Miralax, Dulcolax, mineral oil, suppositories, Metamucil!!! Something!!! I agree to the rant! It's a pet peeve of mine, too!

And sometimes, the doctor/nurse may be the problem. I had an external yeast infection because after a procedure, I had to wear pads for a long time. I told the nurse it hurt to touch my pubic hair (sorry - TMI, lol), like the feeling you get when you've turned your hair around at the roots when you put a ponytail on top of your head. She said...I can't write that down!!! I said...give me the pen (she didn't), I can! When I went to check out at the desk, I immediately asked for my records and told them I would no longer be needing their services. I was misdiagnosed, by the way, and went to a new doctor a few days later who did diagnose me correctly.

I'm glad they found out what's wrong and it wasn't a mass or cancer. Maybe you (or someone) should call and ask the question of whether or not she's "gone" that day? You've got so much on your plate with DD every day, I know it's hard to think about that, too.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.