Thriving Thursday, 2-20-2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHHers!

2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

This will be short. I fell asleep before I put the iPad on charge.

Hoping to do stuff around here. I was so tired yesterday that I slept off and on all day. My back started hurting a lot around 7 p.m., and I was done for. John invited me over, but I did not stay long. I needed to go to bed.

Samuel was in pain last night, but took some meds and went back to bed. Poor guy. He will be out of school for a few days. I think I will make chicken and noodles for the family this weekend.

It is gonna be a cold one today. I will stay in and warm. You all stay safe and be blessed

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

The cheesecake went over good at the branch.

We have 2 sheep in the laundry room. We have 18 lambs now. I think one to go yet.

I made an appointment yesterday for taxes. Allen will go next week Thursday. Normally we drop and it takes him awhile to do so wanted to see where we are so made an appt..

Suppose I better move along and see what I am going to wear. Not much to choose from.

Pam, prayers for Samuel. Chicken and noodles sound good.

I should get off early today, shall see.

Have a great day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! I coughed part of the night (but still had more sleep than the night before). so I am home today and probably tomorrow.
    I will not be doing anything as I need a real rest (no deep-spring cleaning today). I do have a few phone calls to make and some paperwork, but it'll be a slow day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy and warm here - looking forward to cooler weather tomorrow.

Was up with Buffy so she has been walked and fed. Trying to take care of some caravan business. Maybe a trip to the mall this afternoon.

I just asked Alexa to play one of my playlists and I'm suddenly hearing Christmas music - how lovely!

Lucie - you do need the rest - you do so much
    Pamela - hope the office situation works itself out
    Katrina - you are dealing with a difficult situation with DH, DFIL and the hospital but whatever you decide to do is the right thing!
    Lana - the cheesecake recipe looks lovely
    Pam - I'm sure Samuel will enjoy the chicken and noodles

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

DGD & I have been enjoying taking Thursday as a Sabbath for us. A day to relax, refresh, rest, read, nap, try not to worry about anything.

Pam I pray Samuel recovers quickly.
    Lana that's a lot of pretty baby lambs.
    Lucie I pray you get all the rest you need.

Have a good day all.

My internet is acting up this is like the 3rd time I've tried to post this

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

@halimer
    We were posting at the same time. Hope you get the weather you want soon..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I am getting a new ID card this morning since mine expires soon. DH and I will go up together since it's on Schofield. I also need to stop by the front desk of the clinic and pick up a new note for DS. The school part isn't so important anymore but the work part is. He needs to get it to his work, he'll be lucky if he keeps his job honestly. Once we get back, i'll head to school. I'm hoping to be there by 10, that will give me 3 hours anyway, although the kids have PE at 12:30 so...

I have a hair appointment at 5 this evening. I should have made it for 3 but wasn't sure I could make it by then after picking up Eli from school at 2. DS's new school should be calling this morning to finalize his course load and then i'm sure we'll have to pay the bill. Once all that is done then I can withdraw him from his current school and he can get started.

Pam- Sometimes we need that down time.
    Lana- That is a lot of lambs! What will you do with them all?
    Lucie- Glad you are taking a slow day to try and get better!
    Debbie- What a nice surprise to hear Christmas music! Enjoy!
    Tricia- One Thursday you should pamper yourselves with face masks or something too. :)

Enjoy your day!

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

did not do much this morning. trying to access a website so I can canel the govt exams on Sunday. Waiting for an answer now. had trouble with all the FB, google accounts and passwords... so that's all I did.
    Had some chicken soup and a chicken croissant for lunch. still coughing

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Unfortunately, the only thing thriving around here is the churning in my stomach! Ugh, must have eaten something that didn't agree with me and there was no way I was getting on the bus feeling that grim. So it's home today, a little reading, a little Netflix, and a whole lot of water and crackers.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Sorry you're feeling ill Pamela! I hope it passes soon.
    Lucie- I hope you get everything figured out. How are you feeling today aside from the coughing?

I renewed my military ID this morning, picked up the doctor's note for DS (she forgot to mark "work" so i'll do that I guess) and grabbed coffee on the way back. Dropped DH off at the house and went straight to school. I made it by 10 and stayed until 1. I took a group of 5 for math and we had a great time. Everyone completed their worksheet and some even asked me questions. I had lunch with the teachers, it's become a daily thing now and I really enjoy it (I think they do too). I chatted with my host teacher about the students before I left and about small group. She likes that they are warming up to me and i'm having success with them. They really are super sweet kids.

I spoke to the woman regarding DS's school and am just waiting on the paperwork now and then he'll be good to go. I'll leave shortly to go pick up Eli from school and then come home and do some work before I have to leave to go to my hair appointment. I marinated chicken last night for chicken shawarma.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Off about 3:45. Had to wait for help on some computer issues with us closing the day so was alittle later.

Going to shower now and then make spaghetti.

Want to do dishes and work on table.

Called about the ambulance bill at lunch and she left me a voice mail saying she was pretty sure she got it worked out. She told me she would call medicare. Allen has both parts A and B and B is what covers it but medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield denied it. A is hospital. Hope she knows what she is talking about and that is fixed. Will see in about month or so if another bill comes. Got the first one this past Saturday and she said one went out yesterday too,but shouldn't be another.

Was sunny today and about 30 out. To be about 17 tonight.

Pam, hope you are feeling better.

Our house is quite the sound. Parakeets chirping in front room and lambs baaing in laundry room. It is bottle time and Allen ran to town for a minute.

Some lambs especially if boys will be sold when they get about 50 to 60 pounds along with any mothers not producing milk. Also some older ewes will go. Normal is to have twins for sheep so if they start getting singles that are small they get moved out. Not sure if he is on the hunt for a new ram or not.

I better move along!

Ordering strawberries from a friends grandson that will come from Florida and be delivered in March. $28 for a flat or $16 for a half. Told her I would take a flat. She knows I am not crazy about strawberries but for a grandson. If good will do the freezer strawberry jam and have it out of the way. I love strawberries in desserts and the like but not really fresh just to eat.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,
    What a morning I have had.
    DH came home from the hospital last night and showered, we went to dinner and he went back this morning. Another 3 hour trip there so I was worried that he would be tired. DH father is clicking along (as DH says) so still not sure how long to go.
    DrillDance event this weekend I have called off as I have 3 girls who are unwell, 1 who is jetlagged after coming back from the U.S yesterday. Better to call it off than to travel with a team who are not well. We have another event in 2 weeks so hopefully are all OK by then.
    The car payment finally hit the bank so I can now go shopping but DH is not here so will have to delay that until he is home. I would not like to go car shopping by myself and am not in a rush so am happy to wait for DH. Maybe we can go mid week if he is home.

CW rang to check how things are going so spent a bit of time on the phone with her, and am just finishing my morning's work now.
    It is a glorious day here, not hot at all and it makes me in the mood to start getting prepared for the long Winter ahead. Will start that big prep in the next few weeks.
    Sending hugs and good thoughts to those that are in need.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We loved this recipe.

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I worked until 5 today to recover some of the time I lost by being off Monday. I'll probably do it every Tuesday and Thursday of this pay period, plus go in a little early each day, too. They don't mind if we do that as long as we don't go over our 80 hours per pay period.

DH was off work today due to schools being closed because of roads being flooded just as I suspected they would be. I wouldn't be surprised if they're closed tomorrow, too.

Lucie, I'm sorry you're still sick. I hope taking it easy a few days gets you feeling better soon.
    Pam, a day of sleeping off and on was probably good for you.
    Lana, getting our taxes together is on my weekend list. I'm afraid to see what ours may be, because I have no idea how having a second job will affect our tax bracket. I'm having taxes held out at a higher rate than I'm required, so I hope all is good. Glad you called about the bill. Call several times if you have to.
    Jess, you've had a busy day taking care of all that's going on in your life. I hope DS gets to keep his job.
    Debbie, I was somewhere last week and Christmas music was playing. I was surprised! It's no fun to have to get up early for the animals. Our male cat usually wants out around 1-2 in the morning.
    Tricia, it's aggravating to have internet issues.
    Pamela, hope your tummy issues resolve.
    Katrina, I love those days between the seasons when the temperatures are just right and the air begins to smell like fall. It does give an extra boost of energy. I hope DH can maintain his energy. He'll "deflate" when it's all over.

Hope you all have a good night. Night, everyone.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We worked on little things today. Dh cut some trim and I put it over the wallpaper in the shelves to hold it on. I didn’t want to glue down the paper in case we change our mind. While he was shopping DD and I decided to take the doors off the bottom of the fireplace shelves. Now I need some more trim cut. Tomorrow I might put more wallpaper in the built in hutch on the other side of the room.

I hung an old picture my grandparents had in their house. It’s a winter scene in Alaska. My grandfather worked there during the depression. Then I helped Dh hang some string curtains in the hallway opening. DD sometimes walks down the hall not fully dressed so I thought some beaded string curtains might be nice if we happened to have guests. I received the black out window film for DDs room so I might try to put that up tomorrow.

I fixed shrimp nachos for dinner. They were ok. Tomorrow I’ll fix leftover beef roast sandwiches from Yesterday’s leftovers.

MrsSoup likes this.