Thurday October 31th - Halloween

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 31, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween!

imagesAICZGJJ6.jpg

MrsSoup likes this.
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I'm disguised as Indiana Jones for work - easy-peasy!
    Just went and paid my gym subscripton for next year. Evalution of physical condition will be next Friday at 6:00 am.
    Spanish at noon. Meetings all afternoon.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween!

Today is my sons 35th birthday.

It is COLD and rainy. About 31 and only to get to 41.

I am off and wanted to take Teigan to school but feeling kinda yucky so thought I would stay away from kids. Allen went to Radom this a.m. because she wanted to leave from her house. The kindergarten thru 5th can dress up and are to wear their costumes to school. She will go to the skilled care and see Aunt Imogene and residents tonight dressed up. Trick or Treat has been changed until tomorrow here.

I have some errands to do but gees....COLD and head ear throat alittle whatever. Have to take mom for eye surgery this afternoon.

I will go mail the 12 Days of Christmas swap items here shortly and get Christmas stamps. Aren't really to pretty the ones a co-worker showed me. Have the cards ready to mail to the Veterans Hospital. Then have some odd and end things to do. Go to a couple banks and have to get license sticker and a new battery for my car. Wouldn't start after work last night so co-worker took me to Dollar General and Allen came over. We ate and then charged it. Got a few more stocking items for Teigan and some meds.

I better move along here!

Diedra, you sure got alot done yesterday with your traveling. How far are you from Mayo?

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween!!!!!

It's is raining here....it's supposed to pour during the peak trick-or-treat hours. I'm not sure how long the kids will last, but I'm hoping they want to go for a while.

I remember as a kid always being frustrated because I had to put my snowsuit over my costume and there frequently being snow on the ground. It's supposed to be warm enough to not even need a coat tonight.

Because of the hurricane and an overall poor growing system all the pumpkins we could find are half-rotten inside. I'm trying to carve them this morning and they're all slushy and falling apart. It all adds to the creepiness I guess. Poor DD6 wanted a pretty princess, and hers is the most rotten so it looks more like a princess zombie!

DD6 cried her eyes out when I told her she couldn't wear her costume. She tried to convince me her princess dress was just her normal clothing. lol

Lana - I didn't know places delayed trick-or-treating. I almost wish they'd do it here with the weather we have on the way.
    luludou- big fan of Indiana Jones - did you know they're making another movie with Harrison Ford?

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I had an interesting and almost scary start to my Halloween morning. I came downstairs as I always do and let the dogs out and was getting ready to make my coffee. I was standing in the kitchen and heard a knock on the door. Mind you, it is just after 5 a.m. I stood there and listened, not quite registering in my coffee starved brain what it was or where it came from and it happened again, just a bit louder. Completely freaked me out. I went to the door and looked through the peep hole but couldn't see much. I pulled out my phone and looked at the camera and saw a man standing there. I was NOT answering the door, alone downstairs, to a man at 5 in the morning. I tried to peek out the window to get a better look but the darn decorations were in the way. I gave it a minute and went to the other side of the window and slowly moved the blind and looked but couldn't tell much except he had moved to the sidewalk near our attached neighbors house and was standing there. I ran upstairs and told DH. I went out back with the dogs because they were barking and saw another man walking down the street and heard a radio cue and then I thought...hmmm, I wonder if it is the MP's. Sure enough it was. I let them in and went back upstairs and DH said he could see a pistol on the guys hip in the camera video. I decided to open the door and go out and there were several standing on the corner and one was talking to our neighbor. No idea what happened or what was going on but I asked if they knocked on my door and apologized for not answering, told them they scared me. haha They said it was perfectly okay and they apologized too. Whew, about gave me a heart attack. Definitely gave me an adrenaline rush first thing this morning. Now i'm wondering what the heck is going on.

I'm going to go get more candy this morning because I think we're going to run out if I don't. No other plans today though. Eli gets out early starting today all through next week for conferences. His conference is on Monday. I need to decide what else we're having for dinner tonight besides Little Bugs (mini pigs in blankets).

Lucie- Love the costume idea!
    Lana- I hope you start feeling better soon! Happy Birthday to Ryan!
    FS- We had many Halloweens that we had to wear our winter coats as well growing up. No snow though. Hope the rain holds off during trick or treat. We may be dealing with the same thing.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Mrs Soup - That is a scary start to your morning! I wouldn't have answered the door either! I've had someone knock on the door in the middle of the night and not answered, then worried that it might have been the police or some government official telling me to evacuate for some reason. Maybe they'll fill you in on what's happening in your neighbourhood.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Happy Halloween!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

Just saw my neighbor as I was coming in from taking Eli to school so I asked him. He said that they were looking for someone that doesn't live here. Maybe they used to live here and moved? Not sure. Weird for sure! And to be looking for them at 5 a.m.? Guess most people are home at that time.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! I'm at Hunting Island SC near Beaufort and it's hot and humid and sunny. Supposed to turn more fall like tomorrow and that will be appreciated.

All the planned activities for today have been cancelled due to the mosquitos and the winds. DH is doing laundry with my friend and since he is beginning to get on my nerves a bit I thought I'd stay home. I walked Buffy on the beach and now I am catching up with my dear MHH friends.

As far as Halloween goes I have on my Halloween leggings but don;t think there will be any trick or treating tonight. Dinner is chicken and stuffing in the crockpot. Tomorrow we will probably go into Beaufort. It seems like a lovely old antebellum town.

Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying their Halloween!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

I went to the lab this morning for bloodwork, and then I took dh to lunch at Marie Callenders. Came home to this...
    20191031_135351.jpg DD all decked out for tonight.

Happy Halloween!

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Halloween!

It's rainy and windy here, so they changed trick or treat in most areas to Saturday or Sunday. The little ones can't seem to wrap their heads around it being Halloween because it's not trick or treat day. It was a long day for sure. I'm so tired tonight...my usual story. lol

I worked, then went to get a hair cut. I scheduled my next appointment and will get highlights on that visit. Then it's home for the evening. We'll make mummy pizzas and probably graveyard puddings for dessert. I'll probably do the grocery list and the menu planning while watching my shows tonight. I did the student treats last night, so I don't have to work on that.

Hope you have a lovely evening!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Up and showered, taking the dogs to the groomer today. DD BF has just dropped off their dog so I will take the 3 of them over. The groomer used to come to us and now he had set p a salon at his home which is about 25 minutes form us. He will have the dogs for 3 hours so Mum and I will go to the big mall over there and have a look and then pick up the dogs. If I find this too inconvenient I may have to look for a mobile groomer again.

After home from that I need to get changed for afternoon tea with my former co workers. We are going to one of the best hotels in Canberra and afternoon tea is costing $70 I am hopeful that it is worth that amount of money. DD and BF will be back tonight to pick up dog so I think we will have pizza for dinner, an easy day for me.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am doing a happy dance as I have cleared my project list. DH and DS son still have a small list put up closet doors in a bedroom,DH has some of his art work to deal with and DS has a closet to clean out. DS will probable
    wait until his renters lease is up as he is hoping to purchase a house.

DS, Ddil, and DGDs have made it to OH on Sunday to be greeted by 12 members from the church with their sleeves rolled up and ready to help with the settling in. Ddil is almost unpacked. Her mom is going out on the 18th of Nov. to see what she can do to help tweak the settling in.

It's been snowing all day. I don't mind as I have no need to be out and about in the snow.
    I have made a menu for next week. DH and I will go shopping tomorrow.

Trust all are having good day. I will be watching a new Christmas movie tonight on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. (only Hallmark Channel I get).

Time for some dinner and snuggling in, Good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening!

I have watched all but one post season game. So, it is about 2 a.m. When I get to sleep. Last night, I again fell asleep in my chair, but did not sleep well. And then, I wound up sleeping about 7:30-11:00. I am still tired. And it is 6:30! Sheesh!

Got a few things done today. Worked in the kitchen, put dinner in the crockpot. Tidied up the living room. Still have laundry to put away. Will try to do that this evening.

Guess what we got this afternoon? No? Ok, I will tell you. WHITE CRAP FLURRIES, Ugh. Hate it. It is so stinkin cold out there, not to mention the wind! Dang, Bertha! It is cold!

So proud of the Washington Nationals! They played a good game. I think one announcer said it was the first time a series has been won by the road teams! It was awesome! Now what do I do with no baseball to watch? I will be lost!

I am so sick of Nancy Pelosi and her crap that I could hurl my dinner at her right now! She is a thorn in my side. I think she is evil. And that is ALL I will say!

I am getting a lousy headache which is probably due to the weather. Ugh! I am done with fall decor stuff. I put everything away. I will put it all away after Thanksgiving.

On that happy note, I will bid you adieu (sp?) for now. Praying for the people in California. And any in the path of bad weather. Our trick or treat has been changed to tomorrow. When we moved to Muncie over 30 years ago, we did not know anyone in our neighborhood. But the mall was handing out candy, so I took Stephen out there. He was 11, and did not want to go any more after that. Trick or treating is not allowed in the apartments. I used to fix something up for Samuel and then for my friend Julie's DGD. But do not do that either. I miss Sam coming to the office with his mama to show everyone his costume. He was so darned cute! Oh, and one more thing: Stephen and Melanie got to see Brysen last night! They took him to trunk or treat at their church. He seemed to have a good time with Gammy and PopPop. He is so cute!

And now, I say to you to stay safe and be blessed!

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Mayo is about a 100 mile one way.
    I came down with a cold so they moved my surgery ahead two weeks.
    It was cold out for Halloween. We lasted outside for 2 1/2 hours. I gave DD a shower while Dh handed out the last of the candy. We will make more candy next year, dress warmer and decorate a lot more.
    Sleep well

luludou and Lana like this.
  16. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am home showered and in pjs.

Left house about 8:45 and returned after 7. Did come home about 2 with mom in car and Allen and I unpacked the morning stuff and then I left with mom. We were in and out in about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Once they took her back for the procedure it took about 10 minutes if that. She came out and said I can see. She had fiberitics (completely wrong spelling) taken off both eyes. Doctor told her no wonder you couldn't see it was thick. Then she wanted to run to Menards and Wal-Mart and she took me out for supper to Bob Evans.

Allen got several clothes this a.m. and then tonight I got him 4 jeans but he told me the wrong size. I didn't think he was right but wasn't going to argue-----for once and I should of!!!! LOL! Picked up a few Christmas things both times.

Post Office didn't have Christmas stamps but she thought she would tomorrow.

Think I will go work on an ornament now.

We went to get my sticker for the car and they said it was already purchased. So cost me $20 for a sticker. We don't think we got the card in the mail to renew. Ryan got one and he gave us money 1 day to get his so not unless it was ours and not his. Will check his paper when he is home or in a.m.. So as of now I am $80 ahead but think it will catch up with me. We had Allens in August, and Ryans and mine in Oct. but I know it said Ryans truck.

Had flurries but nothing sticking. Very cold wind all day tho.

Got lots of done but NOTHING at home. Didn't get a battery-----car started right away this a.m. and all day so will see.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

Evening!

It's just been an all around weird day. DS got called out to his car where the VP was waiting. Apparently they set off his car alarm. There was a cop out there too but not for him. They were searching another kids car. Crazy! People kept cutting me off left and right when I was driving (more than usual). I picked up two more bags of candy at Sam's Club and a few other things and then came home to those texts from DS. After that worry, I headed to Starbucks and then the Commissary. I was in and out pretty quickly. Came home and relaxed for a while, watched some ghost shows and had a sandwich. Picked Eli up from school and then went and had a beer with my friend and her husband. I came home and emptied the dishwasher and found a ping-pong like ball inside. o_O Not a clue where that came from. I run the dishwasher quite frequently and it's never been there and now all of a sudden, on Halloween, it appears? Weird!!

We are going to have a snack dinner and then get ready to head out trick or treating. It has been raining on parts of the island but we've been lucky so far and no rain in our area. Hope it stays that way until we are done and then it can pour. LOL

Goodnight friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

What a day! Long meeting with my fellow Admins this morning ran longer because of all of the questions but I'm sure it was helpful to those who don't usually ask questions. I was going to eat lunch and whiz through the timekeeping but didn't manage to get either one done as someone appeared at my desk with a travel problem that took the whole time I had set aside. I had to go at noon to the Executive Director's office (my old job, from two years ago) to fill in as his Admin was taking the afternoon off. I thought it would be just answer the phone and log in any correspondence but no, there were three priority documents that had to be reviewed (found one mistake and had to have an electronic copy sent up after the correction) and then three travelers appeared at my desk - all had emergent travel for tomorrow that had to be reviewed. Whew, 4:00pm has never come so quickly!! I have to admit, I had a teensy longing to be back in my old job, not that I don't love my current one but my old boss was amazing and it was nice to be back in his office again.

Came home and had a whole two trick or treaters - the two little boys from down the street. They were going to an event at church at 5:30pm but their mom said she would bring them by - so cute, Spiderman and Iron Man. So polite, took one piece of candy each from my bowl and then I told them to take more so they each took another one. Said thank you and wished me a Happy Halloween. Adorable. That was it. So here I am watching a cooking show on Netflix and eating mini Kit Kats from the Halloween stash!

Got my Christmas cards today - oh my goodness, yes, I did pay more than I've ever paid for cards but they are stunning. They could be my Merry Christmas to me and I would be perfectly happy. Lovely quality paper, envelopes all addressed back and front, and a lovely muted design. Matching stamps too. Happy, happy, happy.

Lana - What cards do you mail to the Veterans Hospital?
    Jess - Pretty scary - FS, I would hope if it was a government official regarding an evacuation they would drive down the middle of the street with a bullhorn!
    Katrina - $70 is about what we paid when we went for tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria and it was worth every penny. I hope yours is too!
    Hope you all had a great day!

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Phew, I have been running all day and am finally home.
    Dogs went well at the groomers although Harry got very frightened, maybe he thought it was the vet. They all look very cute.
    Did some power shopping, got chocolate advent calendars, a book for DH, a cooler that DH was looking at a few weeks back. Got DS an air mattress and foot pump for camping. i got a few boxes of chocolates in case people pop in over Christmas and I got a few holiday activity books that I will put away for stocking fillers for next year, one for mum and one for me.

Came home, got changed and went for afternoon tea. I was very nice and the company as always was lovely. Our next get together will be January 10th.
    I am home now and waiting for the kids to bring pizza dinner over and then that is it for the first day of November.
    Guess what.........Christmas is next month:)

Ahorsesoul likes this.