Thursday 4/2/2020 Chat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's a sunny day! Woo hoo! It's 36* now, but supposed to reach 50*.

The house is quiet. M is doing her online class. J is working in the den and H is working at the dairy. My plan today is to menu plan, make a grocery list, clean out two cabinets in the kitchen, and of course make lunch and dinner. I'm thinking chicken salad for lunch and kielbasa bake for dinner.

Hope you are well...mentally and physically. These are hard times. I'm thankful that I can share my days with you all.
    Peace and blessings....

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and 70's today. Enjoying the much cooler weather.

Lisa - great minds think alike - I was thinking of kielbasa for dinner too!

DH got some work done on the truck and we are now waiting for a plumber to come and look at a potential leak from our upstairs bathroom. It looks like the start of the same kind of leak that caused our ceiling to fall down and our basement to flood three years ago.

Had also planned to finish my Passover shopping today. I found some new recipes and even made a list of what I need. This should keep us for about a week or so and I can space out the cooking.

Hope that everyone has a safe day!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lisa, Debbie, and all to come.

I think this pandemic is starting to really get to me on many levels. I am gonna try for a walk today, even if it is just around the building. I am gonna lose what is left of my mind soon. Pray for me. Right now, I don't think God needs another nutcase in heaven.

I admire all of you for being so active! I wish Samuel were little again and could come over to do crafts. I wish I were younger again and would just do something, anything! Kick me in the but, won't you? But not the stinker, Lucie. She would really get a large charge out off that.

I slept pretty well last night only waking once, briefly. Then I slept until almost ten! It was great!

Please pray for my neighbor. She works at Burger King, and her hours were cut to only six hours per WEEK! Naturally, she needs to be able to survive during this difficult time. So she will see about unemployment. She just turned 60 in January, so not eligible for Medicare or Social Security, etc. She does get food stamps, so that helps a little bit.

I know a few of you make masks for the medical field. What materials do you use? I think I can figure out how to make them. Suggestions? I think my pastor could use some. He only has 50% use of his lungs. He had cancer several years ago, and his lungs were compromised. He is staying in, but if he had to go out, he could gave his own.

Yesterday, I got dressed to go to my appointment. Got all the way up there to the clinic. Checked in. ONLY to find out that my counselor had a note for me to stay home and she would call me and do a session on the phone. ( And my old phone number was still in there. Apparently, when I called and changed it, it did not work!) One of the first things she said to me was, "You are not to come into this building! We had a person confirmed with the virus!". We will do our sessions via the phone. She is so sweet . She always gives me a hug when I leave, so yesterday I got a virtual hug.

Guess I should something to eat and get dressed. I really want a jelly donut. Been craving one forever. Don't know if the pastry shop is open or not. Walmart has some pretty good ones. Oh, right: I am broke. So much for jelly donuts.

Stephen has taken a medical leave of absence. He has adrenal something disease. So, his immune system is compromised. Poor kid. So he will be home for 2-4 weeks.

I gotta get going. Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed.

luludou and teachermomof2 like this.
  5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning, thought I'd check in early today instead of being one of the stragglers at the end of the thread. Hang in there, Pam, we're all going stir-crazy, this is such a stressful situation. I've been reading and listening to a lot of information and I think the biggest factor is fear. The fear of not knowing who has the virus since you can't see it, the fear of touching something that could carry the virus, the fear for jobs, the economy, life as we knew it. We all have to be strong and now that this will end. We need to do all we can to stop the spread.

My sister-in-law has been laid off with her medical insurance premiums only paid until June. She is the sole source of income for her family - two teenage boys and a disabled husband who requires constant trips to the hospital for a variety of treatments. She's very proud and so darn stubborn as is a trait in my husband's family. She respects me as the "older" sister so I gave her a good talking to yesterday - swallow your pride, I told her, I know that you know you can work and you will work again but for now, file for unemployment and find out what social service agencies can help you, you have to feed your family. Contact your bank and any other financial institutions to find out their policies during this time (I seem to get daily emails about how they are here to help right now). I hope that she takes my suggestions but I can't stop thinking about her situation and so many other who are in the same position.

Ok, let me get off that Dismal Dan soapbox - another day of teleworking ahead of me, then it's back to the password book. Can I hear a "Yay!" as I'm up to letter M!

Chin up, Pam, it will be jelly donuts all around when this is over!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I apologize in advance for my negativity in this post.
    I had a rough afternoon mentally yesterday and am still just angry...so angry about the situation I can do nothing about. It seems ridiculous really with everything going on and I am grateful that I am alive and healthy enough to be angry about such things. I think everything just hit me at once and my first reaction was pure, white hot anger. I'm still trying to process it all and not put it in the wrong place. Some of it was buried from when we moved down here and this just brought it back to the surface. They are moving DH back up to Schofield for work, even though we should be leaving island this summer. His one SGM refuses to acknowledge this and keeps saying that we're going to be here another year even though the stabilization has already been cancelled. He tried to move him before and his Chief put a stop to it. The SGM and Chief fought all afternoon yesterday about this, so the SGM went to the next level SGM and he said move him without knowing any of the pertinent information about why the Chief didn't want DH moved. :rolleyes: There were other reasons he wanted him to stay where he is other than it would be screwing the other unit when we potentially leave in a few months. According to his Branch his Deros has been changed to June 30th. This SGM keeps saying oh it hasn't been changed and blah blah blah. :mad: I'll stop talking about it now. We haven't even lived down here a year and that whole situation is another part of what makes me so angry.

Back to regular programming.....Typical homeschool morning and then who knows what this afternoon. DH will be figuring out what the heck to do about this new job and when he is to report and how. Our artwork on the sidewalk got washed away last night in a nice rain that came through around dinnertime. I might make vegetable soup today. My stomach has been wish-washy the past couple days and I woke up with a headache this morning. I think it's the collagen I bought that's part of the problem with my stomach. It's Protein and I didn't realize that when I ordered it, I usually just get regular. And of course, I bought the big container. It's expensive so i'm going to have to use it up and hope that my stomach adjusts. I think i'll try a meditation today. I'm waiting for an agent in chat on Shipt so I can cancel before my free trial runs out next week. I don't want to be charged the $100 membership fee. I was going to email but it said they are about 10 days behind and I don't have that much time.

Lisa- Enjoy your sunny day! Not so great mentally here, or physically the past couple days, but this too shall pass.
    Debbie- Oh my, I hope you caught it in time and it's not too bad. Good luck finding what you need.
    Pam- Same friend...same! Glad Stephen is staying home, wish they would have been able to contact you about your appointment before you went there.
    Pamela- So sorry for your SIL. I hope she listens to you and can find some resources to help.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. PamelaG

Isn't that just the life of a MilSpouse? Drives me bananas at times. Hope you and DH can make it work out for the best. You won't have to move, will you? Does it just mean a long commute for him? Sorry you're going through this...makes me think back to when they told Vic that if I didn't get medical clearance to go to Okinawa, they would just change his orders to unaccompanied. Never any mention of finding him another billet so we could stay together.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  8. frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman Active Member

Good afternoon/evening peeps...Hope everyone is having a good day so far....First day we havnt managed to go out for our daily walk to get exercise as the weather was brutal here....snow showers on and off with gale force winds brrrr....Done a bit of baking with the gals and watched movies...we all just have to batten down the hatches and hopefully soon we all can get back to normal lives...please stay safe and healthy peeps.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. Pam Spaur

Just announced a little bit ago that all Indiana K-12 schools will be closed for the remainder of the year. Pray for the parental units. I would have loved to have my kids home all the time, but I know not all units feel that way. But I sure did.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Pam Spaur

Frostythesnowman, it is great hearing from you again. I have wondered about you. Blame Pam for not keeping in touch. Hope all is well with you and your family!

frostythesnowman likes this.
  11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. It's sunny and windy, and I'm freezing again.

My ds in another state called last night. The restaurant his wife manages has been open for to-go orders - everyone except management was let go, and managers had to get all the meals out. She finally said, Enough. Ds didn't say, but I'm pretty sure she quit. She is 40 and pregnant, and she intends to be a stay-at-home mom after the baby is born. I have no idea how they will make it on ds's pay.

Dd took dgd to her orthopedic appt for her back this morning. She has to stay in her back brace for another 8 weeks. 2 weeks with no activity, and then gradually add activities that she can do with the brace on, and the last 2 weeks she can take off the brace for limited amounts of time.

Dsil told me that Joann is having a huge sale, 60-70% off everything, with free curbside pickup. I had planned to scale back on Christmas this year, but I'll have to take a look. I wish they have the things I need for my CIJ ornaments.

I need to get a blanket so I can warm up. After lunch I'll work on some ccs. Have a good day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

I am off today and it is nice out! About 65. Teigan stayed over last night and this a.m. we went to see the bluebird eggs, and played on the swingset. This a.m. earlier we played dolls in her room. Ate dinner and then Allen was going to go to Radom to mow so Teigan and I went around the big block on the kubota and she went home with him. She might come back and stay she didn't know. I have the windows opened now. The parakeets flew around this a.m. and were back in their cage when I came in.

While Teigan was on the computer in my room I was going thru some of our clothes. I have them on hangers and ready to hang. I need to go put dishes into dishwasher. Wish I had something to hang on the line but laundy is all done.

Allen found 2 containers of wipes (disinfectant wipes) at Dollar General the other day by pure luck.

Bank has the lobby closed until April 30th now.

Jess, prayers for all you are going thru.

Debbie, Pam and Pam, terrible about all the job situations.

Schools here are out until end of April. End of school yr. was schuduled for May 19th.

Somebody was saying that Wal-mart was limiting it to 50 people inside, only 1 person from a car inside and no kids. Not sure if it is local or not.

Pam, sewgoodgoods.org has a pattern for a mask. I am hoping to sew some but will see.

They called from skilled care and said that nothing can be brought in from the outside anymore. We were taking her mail, some depends, candies and such but no more until all is lifted. A nursing home about 1/2 away has some cases of it. My co-workers daughter works there. The co-worker is a really good friend of mine and works at another branch..

I better move along.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Hi again!

We found out this morning, after my post, that we are being forced to stay in Hawaii another year. The paperwork was approved and sent up, the dates had been changed and stabilization removed and someone, somewhere went behind all of that, lied and took it all away. We don't know how, who or why. To say we are heartbroken is an understatement. I immediately burst into tears when we found out this morning and just cried and cried. I had to tell DD and Eli on our walk and we talked about it and then found some positives (or tried to). I called my friend and cried to her and we, too, found some positives. DS was up and asked me to tell him the story and he was upset and angry. He has yet to find a positive but we're working on it. DH is indeed moving jobs back up to Schofield. We will not move house back up there, it's not worth it. We could put in for another move over I think, but it's such a hassle and so much work that I don't want to do that. The high school down here is much better for DD. *sigh*

The kids and I just did an experiment for science. We are making crystals and they should be done in 24 hours. We'll see tomorrow if they grew. I have a headache, woke up with one this morning and I took Ibuprofen but it has gotten worse with my crying today. I need to call my dad and let him know of this big change and i'll call my mom later and talk to her. DH wants to go on a motorcycle ride and we may pick up lunch, not sure.

Back later!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all M

LC1 started back to work this morning. Dh and I worked outside this morning. I finished planting all the cactus and he trimmed a batch of bushes. Once I was done I started trimming a low growing evergreen that is in the front of the house. It was matted with leaves and had thick moss growing on top of it. Some of the branches underneath were getting black and slimy. I pulled and cut about half of it. Then i fluffed it like we do for our Christmas trees. It looks good from the road but if you walk up to it you can see a lot of bare spots. I think it will fill in over the next year.

A lot of yard work done. Tomorrow im taking a break so my back can calm down.

15. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Jessica, so sorry you and your family have to go through all this nonsense. I am very disappointed to hear too because I went through all that garbage back in the 80’s with my first husband who was in the Air Force. So sad that things haven’t improved after all this time. The job is hard enough without all the other garbage.

it’s been a bit of a testy day here. Yet again the shingles on the attached garage are loose. My husband who is 68 was on the roof again. We have a 30 year warranty and home owners insurance. When I asked why he hasn’t called about either or, I got growled at. He doesn’t need to be on that roof. I don’t know what to say to him. sorry for the rant. He was a good boy and “made” dinner. He ordered chicken dinners. I guess I’ll keep him.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  16. Pam Spaur

Oh, Jess, I am so sorry. I know this was heartbreaking for you all. That is not fair. Do you have any idea who screwed it all up? Mel, fire up the MHH bus! We're going to Hawaii!

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    It is cold and grey here this morning, how quickly the weather has changed. I will put on a jumper on in a minute.
    I have heard that all the restrictions that are in place here will last 90 days which takes us to the 30th of June. They will then re assess and see if they need to extend. Looks like even though we are having new cases the rate of new cases has slowed which is very positive. Most people I know are doing the right thing and it is helping.
    I am deep cleaning another room today in the hopes of getting my home cozy and comfortable before the long days of Winter hit. Will program the heating over the weekend in case we get a cold snap but the "rule" in Australia is you do not put on the heating until ANZAC day which is April 25th.

I will hopefully pull out some Easter decor this weekend.

18. PamelaG

The MHH bus, I LOVE it! I can just see as all singing "Here we come to save the day"!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

HI all,
    Not a lot new here. I'm getting on to read but our internet seems to kick me off a lot so often I can't always post anything in response. But I'm still here........lurking, lol.

Mrs.Soup - That's terrible. So many people are getting their plans spolt with everything going on. They can't do postings in the midst of all of this. Did the virus have anything to do with your husband being moved?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!
    Jess - ((hugs)) to you.
    Pam - everyone is going crazy, we're joigning you in the 'crazy' section ;)

tele-work today. DH finally had a few answers for mil, she is finally part of the 'system' and things should be easier from now on.
    DH did groceries today... funny he keeps having to go out (work, mil) but never wanted to do groceries... too dangerous. Told him to pick up stuff so we don't have to go back for 2-3 weeks.

Watching a Christmas movie tonight - Christmas in Evergreen : Tidings of Joy. DH is watching an old hockey game when we had 2 teams in our province (Nordiques were sold and are now the Colorado Avalanches)

Back was hurting this morning, put on some voltaren and a back belt, much better tonight.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.