Thursday 4/2/2020 Chat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Evening all. Another day working from home. I didn't cry today so that's good. Tonight is rough. DH has some things that put him at high risk and 2 kids that work in retail so he is often anxious and I tend to feed off others emotions. Youngest is out of school for the year. After spring break was supposed to be over 4/13 he will have official work to do.
    Sounds like if we can pull it off a MHH zoom call could be fun

Jess- I'm sorry about the news and the move. I can image its frustrating.

Pam- sorry you are also having a tough time. I can imagine those in isolation alone.

Diedra_ rest your back
    Katrina-glad it sounds like most are listening there they are not here
    Lisa- I need to meal plan. I had just started a job the fed me and now I have to have all my meals at home.

Ladies have a good night. Thinking of all of you.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Saw on the news that Australia has recorded it's 25th death, an older man, I think off a cruise ship.

Busily cleaning the study, want to get it all done in case DH is ordered to work from home and I cannot get in here to clean.
    I have music on and am getting a fair bit done. Would like to wash all the dogs blankets but it has been raining, might put them through the dryer. Also need to fix the dogs mattress, stuffing is coming out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Jess - so sorry to hear your news - the military can be VERY frustrating!
    Katrina - 90 days is a long time - I hope everything is well by then
    Diedra - nice to have LC1 back
    Pam - hang on in there - we're all hugging you
    Shannon - sorry you have to meal plan again;)

I got my Passover shopping done. Almost everything I wanted was available except for eggs. It is so strange to shop and not find something as simple as eggs.
    We live in strange times.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

Thank you all for the support. I was able to give my dad the news without crying and then my mom later so I guess i'm making progress. DH and I took the bike up to Haleiwa and grabbed take out and sat by the beach and ate and then came home. Then I sat on the porch and talked to my dad. I read my book for a while waiting for my mom to call me back and it was beautiful outside. Chatted with her for a bit and now my eyes feel tired and heavy from crying this morning. I could easily take a nap.

FS- Nope, nothing to do with all of this mess, just someone deciding to be an a$$.

I emailed my placement coordinator and let her know that we will be staying on island so they can work on getting me a placement for the fall cohort if possible. Now I just need to pass the two tests in a month, guess I should start studying again.

Thinking of you all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman Active Member

Hello Pam...My family are all fine thanks for asking Pam...Hope you and your family are doing well and coping with the challenges we face right now...I just celebrated my 50th a few days ago but with the corona virus we had to cancel the party celebrations...please stay safe and healthy my friend...keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

A Zoom call? That would be awesome. I've never used Zoom, is it easy to navigate?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Another day - same ol' same ol' here. I have a miserable headache from the kids screeching and flashing lights all day. They made an obstacle course. They were having such fun I didn't want to make them stop. Didn't help that I forgot to have coffee this morning - I always end up with a headache if I miss my coffee.

Our grocery stores are packed constantly so I'm only doing online orders. Problem is I can get lasagna noodles, sauce, and no cheese in my order. Or I could get flour and no yeast, so it's really hard to plan meals! We've been eatting a lot of chili. I cook dried beans. The canned beans are always sold out. I don't know why, but people seem to be leaving the dried ones alone for the time being. Lentils as well are acting in place of ground beef in everything I'm cooking. I've discovered even DH will eat lentil loaf as long as it is sopped in gravy. :) Groceries are increasing in price as well here and fresh produce is just about impossible to get in my orders.

Mrs. Soup - I'm sorry this is happening to you and your family.
    PamelaG - Zoom is pretty easy to use. DD9 has to use it for school and DD6 has to use it for extracurricular classes and they were able to figure it out.

PamelaG likes this.