Thursday, August 15, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Aug 15, 2019 at 5:11 AM.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Jane and All!

Allen went to get gas and a bag of chips for my lunch.

I will start out at Nashville and then have to be in Irvington at 1 for training. Linda will go this a.m. for the training. She is on vacation next week so will be me........ Other co-worker doesn't do new accounts.

Lots of trash to get out this a.m. so better go so I can'help with it.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning. slept well. did not go to gym but walked outside around Workplace for half an hour.
    No idea what this day will bring.
    Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone!

DH goes back to work today. Students will return on Monday. Today is DD26 and DSIL's 4th wedding anniversary. Just work for me today. I'm thankful for the return to a routine.

I'm slowly getting a few of the last things put away from vacation. I lost a debit card somewhere along the way. I need to go by the bank during my lunch break and get another one. I've searched everywhere and can't find it. Too many swaps while traveling, I suppose. I've checked luggage, my purse, a coin purse and back pack I used, my car...can't find it anywhere. I don't see any unfamiliar charges on my account, though, so that's good.

The cruise wasn't really what I expected. I enjoyed being with our children, but I didn't really enjoy the cruise. I guess I'm just not a cruise person. I felt like it was constantly back and forth to the room or to one thing or the other. It reminded me of the week of church camp process. Some of the shows were good. The food was okay to me, but not over the top like everyone had bragged about it being. I didn't feel safe in Nassau. I think if we had gone at another time of the year, it would have been better, because it was HOT!!! Also, trying to coordinate a schedule for 9 people, including two children, was a bit challenging. I would have much rather been at a beach house for a week! We got to Jacksonville Wednesday and went to the beach that evening. That was enjoyable. DD26 and DSIL flew in around midnight. We left the hotel the next morning at 9 to get to the terminal. Instead of being able to pull up and unload, you had to park in the parking lot and bring your luggage with you. Check-in took about 30 minutes. Our rooms were ready by 1:30. We unpacked and went for lunch. DSGs swam/played on the slide and I watched. We went to the piano bar that night and looked around in some of the shops. Friday, we took a taxi from the port in Freeport to the beach and spent most of the afternnon there. Then, we went to the shops. When we got back to the boat, we all took showers, changed, and went to dinner. We went to some shows that night. Most of them were pretty talented. Saturday, we walked into Nassau. Most of the things we did that day were historical things. DS, DDIL, DD26, and DSIL all bought souvenirs. I think DH bought a shirt. I didn't buy anything. We swam and played on the slides that afternoon. I sat on the lido deck for about two hours just enjoying the calmness of the ocean. Some more shows that night. Sunday was a day at sea. We slept late, looked in some of the shops, and went to some shows. We packed before we went to bed. Monday morning, we were back in port. Disembarkation was a nightmare. It took us almost 2 hours to go through customs and get out luggage. DDIL said it's never been that way anywhere else that they've gone on a cruise from and that she will never sail out of Jacksonville again! We drove all the way home and got home around midnight Monday night. I'll be saving my money for a trip to a beach house next year! lol

DD26's A/C has gone out at their house, and we're having a heat wave. Usually DD22 stays at their house during the week, because it's closer to where she works, but she's staying here this week. She has to leave by about 6:30 to get to work at 8:00. She's not a morning person! The A/C should be repaired by the beginning of next week.

Lana, hope the training isn't boring. Always changes being made, isn't it?
    Lucie, if it weren't so hot during the day, I would take a walk around our building at lunch. It's so hot, even in the morning here, that I would be sweat covered by the time I finished.

Hope you all have a great day!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Lori K

Lori K Member

MissJane, perhaps check with DH to see if he picked it up by mistake and put it in his wallet. Happened to me once; DH saw it on the desk in the hotel and grabbed it, thinking it was his. When he checked, he had both cards in his backpack.

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends!

Today is Brysen's first birthday! It is hard to believe he is one! Where did the time go? He is so funny and has such a sweet giggle! One of my favorite sounds is the sweet laughter of little ones.

Don't know what I will do today. Finish up what I didn't do yesterday, I guess. Maybe I should pack since I will leave about ten tomorrow to go to Jay's. Need to check with my friend, Elaine, to see if she is free tomorrow afternoon. Then we can visit for a while. I need to laugh with her. We have such a good time together.

When I first woke up this a.m., I thought it was Saturday. Don't ask me why!

Jane, I am so sorry that your cruise was bummer. I would much rather go to the beach, too.
    Lucie, good for you for walking.
    Lana, have a wonderful day.
    And may everyone else have a great Thursday! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, Lori. We were posting at the same time. Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Lori K

Lori K Member

You, too, Pam!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. It's not as hot today as it has been Thank God. School starts back here today. While I have no kids of my own in the school system I feel led to pray for the schools around here through this school year. I've also prayed for school systems and all who attend/work in them, around our world. School isn't the safe place it once was.

I need to get the laundry in the dryer before it's gets warmer. I pray everyone has a great day.

Jane I glad you got to spend time with family even though the cruise wasn't what you expected.
    Pam Happy Birthday to your grandson
    Hi Lucie & Lori and all who follow..

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

I took both dogs to the vets. One of the vets walked by when we were in the waiting room. He took us back to a room. Boots was just a nervous wreck with all the other dogs coming and going. Eva was not so bad but she wanted to play with them all so was barking. So being behind a closed door was nicer. Then Eva decided she needed a potty break but when I opened the door our vet was coming in. Both animals are good. Eva is in a growth spurt so needs her food amount increased. Out the door we went. Put Boots in the car and Eva to the grass between the parking lot and a busy highway. Eva had to go so badly the cars and trucks didn't bother her at all. Put Eva in the car and picked up her deposit. Pulled into our driveway and the mail lady was telling me she had packages for us. Dogs got to wait in the car for a little longer. Then both dogs bee lined for the garage door and out the back door to use the dog yard.

Now the only one not resting is Dh who is getting ready to go golfing. Then the house will be quiet for awhile.

Nothing else on the schedule for today.

Do something nice for someone else in your family today.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH starts a motorcycle class today through Sunday so he'll be working. I have to take Perry to the vet this morning. Just a routine exam and I want to get him started on the heartworm prevention. Hopefully they are more on time than they were last time because I don't want to sit there for hours. I will come home and work on schoolwork, finish up week 2. Today is the last day of school this week for the kids, tomorrow is statehood day for Hawaii. Our friends are doing a cookout of some sort tomorrow and inviting people from their street, us and someone from their son's soccer team. I need to figure out a side to take. Not sure what time but it sounded like late afternoon maybe.

Nothing on the schedule for tonight. DH went to bed with a headache last night so i'm hoping for no issues with going to school today. He really can't afford to be missing school this year with the classes he has. He is talking about wanting to go into the military but I don't see how he possibly could unless he does a lot of growing up this year and next.

Lana- Hope your training goes well!
    Lucie- Glad you slept well.
    Jane- Happy Birthday to DD and Happy Anniversary to DSIL! I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the cruise that much. We went out of a different port both times and didn't have any problems disembarking like that. A week at a beach house sounds like fun too! Nassau is definitely a different place. We kept good hold of our purses there in town.
    Lori- Good tip!
    Pam- Happy Birthday to Brysen! Safe travels!
    Hi Tricia!
    Diedra- Such good pups you have!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Which cruise line?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. PamelaG

Hello everyone,

Super slow here today so I'm on here before lunch time. Got home last night and planned to unload the dishwasher but the dishes didn't look as sparkling as I would like so I ran them on a one hour wash, no detergent, just vinegar as a rinse aid and they came out great. Need to remember to add vinegar each time. Season 2 of Knightfall is on Netflix but since it's been a while since I watched Season 1, I'm starting from the beginning again.

Sophia called to say LUSH bath bombs arrived intact as I was afraid she'd end up with a powdery mess! She's going to track in her planner how long the shampoo bar lasts. Vic called this morning for a two minute chat since I was getting into the shower. He hasn't been able to FaceTime at our regular time because he has a class so we'll catch up this weekend. We need to talk about Sophia's car situation. Her car is ok for running around town - it's our old 2004 Hyundai sedan - but she's going to be driving 30 minutes each way every day for her student teaching on the freeway and I'm a bit concerned as the weather gets colder and the evenings darker. The thought of her having car failure is really worrying when I am a couple of hours away. I was thinking about getting her a more reliable car for Christmas but wasn't crazy about another car payment since our two are paid off. Do we buy a new one or look for a used one? I don't have any experience with the reliability of used cars and Vic won't be here. We don't have any car-savvy friends either. I know a car is a pretty sizeable gift but she's not going to be in a position to have car payments until she has a full-time job and some consistent income. Then I thought maybe I would just give her my car, the 2015 SUV, and take hers since I really don't go out that much (once a week to the grocery store is about my usage right now and maybe a trip to the mall every so often). Vic and I can look at buying a new car for us when he gets back. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Hope it picks up or it's going to be a LOOOOOONG afternoon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. luludou

Afternoon !
    Went out for a quick walk at noon and stopped by 2 stores… got myself a pair of pants and a shirt. Both were on sale but not sure I needed it :rolleyes:
    Sis reserved the place for Thanksgiving, we will be celebrating my parent's 55th anniversary.

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  15. MrsSoup

As predicted, DS attempted to not go to school this morning. He said he didn't feel good and was in the bathroom a lot. I told him he didn't have a choice and there was no school tomorrow. Off he went. He didn't put up too much of a fight. :rolleyes: He told me the other day he really wants to focus on school this year because these last two years really matter, he can't do that if he's not there. I made a deal with him that if he got no zeroes all year long then we would do something big for him at the end of the year. Not sure what that will be, but he has to accomplish his end of the bargain first. That will be a feat in and of itself.

I've done some Facebook and Instagram posting for the Spouses Club and ran the dishwasher. I need to poop scoop so that bag can go into the trash since it's trash day. My stomach is weird this morning, almost nervous if that makes sense but i'm not sure why. I just ate breakfast and it's not sitting well. Hate days like this wondering why my intuition is firing. It will make itself known eventually.

Pamela- We are at a crossroads with DS and his car too. It has a pretty significant oil leak and he just keeps having to buy oil and add it all the time. DH bought a seal hoping to fix it but realized it would require removing the entire transmission, which would require removing the engine to reach it. A big job, larger than we have the capacity to handle in our driveway, and would take about a week of work. The car was $500 and to pay the dealership to do it would probably be at least $1500. He needs a new car but his job is scheduling him 1-2 days a week right now, which is ridiculous. He is applying for new jobs but nothing yet. We might have to just try to sell his vehicle for what he paid for it and front him the money to pay us back so he has something more reliable for the next two years on island. Kids and cars!

16. PamelaG

No kidding! Newborns should come with a certificate for a car when they get a license as well as lifetime health and dental insurance!

Lana, MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  17. luludou

Pamela, At 1st we had started by giving them my car (and I had bought a more recent one). Then, we bought our children each a car (not new but not old either - 3-4 years) when they went to college - I did not want them not to be safe. DH still looks at their cars when they come over but now they each have more recent cars that they bought on their own.

PamelaG likes this.
  18. MrsSoup

Back from the vet. Perry is negative for heartworm and is now on prevention. He has lost 15 pounds though so they wanted to do old man bloodwork to make sure that everything is okay and there isn't an underlying issue that is causing the weight loss. Should hear back on the labs tomorrow. I am thinking it's the new food we switched him to at the recommendation of the other vet's office because that's when he really started losing. We may have to switch him back to something higher in calorie or add in treats daily to try to get him to gain some weight.

My friend called and invited me to a girls movie night this evening down on her street. I was invited once before and went and then was never invited again although her daughter told me they were still having them. :rolleyes: Oh well. I'll go tonight and see how it goes.

19. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

my friend and i went to see the kitchen movie. not to bad. raining cats and dogs when i came out . clear now. tired will go to bed early tonite

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Up early to head to Melbourne for the DrillDance conference. 8 hour drive for us today, a free night for us tonight and then the Conference Saturday and Sunday.