Thursday August 23rd 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Aug 23, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World! :D:D

2. luludou

Slept well last night. DH seems to have had a great time at the bbq cooking class. So now I can officially say it's his job :p

Will go to the gym in a few minutes. Have an interview from 1:30 to 3:00. Last one that I have scheduled. Lent my parking space to ds's girlfriend but I need it tomorrow so need to recuperate the pass after work tonight. Forgot to put the ham in the crockpot, so we'll be having spaghetti:rolleyes:

Have a great day

teachermomof2 likes this.
  3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie and all who follow!

Heading to work for day 2. We have a staff meeting this morning and training this afternoon. Long day of sitting and listening. Then tonight is meet the teacher night. I'm not sure that I'm ready for this night....put out a treat for the kiddos and will just chat with families. I'm not doing laying out paperwork tonight. I didn't get a better response when I did that or just sent it home the first day.

Please say a little prayer for H. He's struggling at college this week....a bit homesick, I think.

Lucie....I agree....bbq is now dh's job!!

Have a beautiful day!

4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Morning, everyone.

Yesterday was our first day with students. Semi-small classes this year, but we'll see after the finish adding new students and changing mistakes in schedules. There are major renovations happening at school, so some areas are off-limits for students, so it's creating some real traffic jams in the halls.

We're heading to Orange Beach today. DD25's BFF and like a daughter to us is getting married Saturday. She asked me to do the reception, so I'm doing some of it, but her DGM is paying for the food. Her DGM is making some stuff, too. We'll be coming home Sunday. DD25 and her DH will be coming in tomorrow night after he gets off from work. Monday will be like the first day with students again since I'm having to be out the second and third day of school. :confused: No time to establish rules and routines before I had to be off.

Lisa, prayers for H. We had those sit and listen meetings Monday and Tuesday.
    Lucie, have a good day at work today. My DS is the master of the grill in our family.

Hope Jessica is safe and has plenty of supplies.

I better go. We've been busy, busy, so I have to finish getting things together for our trip.

Have a great day, everyone.

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everybody!

Off today and it is to be about 81. But running to Mt. Vernon this a.m. and get hair trimmed this afternoon and a wax. Have a load in the washer and need to go do some dishes by hand.

Haven't any tea in a couple days and I think I need some. Was at different branches and try not to drink much so don't have to run to bathroom every 45 minutes. Times I have to even when I don't drink.

Allen BBQs here. I have only once or twice.

Lucie, I have been wanting spaghetti!

Lisa, prayers for Hunter. And tonight!

Jane, hope you get to enjoy the wedding some too.

Have a GREAT day!

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Off to volunteer at the gift shop this morning. Got my haircut yesterday and then stopped at the commissary. Came home, had some lunch, and then worked upstairs in the craft room for a while - it's getting there. Then I attacked the curio cabinets and purged a bunch of trinkets. Talked to the bank and they said we should expect to see our mortgage pre-approval letter within 72 hours but it was in our email inbox about an hour later. Yippee, approval for more than we expected, not that we'll look for a house with a price tag that high, but it's nice to have options. Sent an email to our realtor to give her a heads-up with our trip dates in September. It's getting real!

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Wishing Jess good luck with riding out the Hurricane.

Taking DD for a pedicure this afternoon. She is now taking a bath so downstairs to help if she falls.

Dh re-stained the back deck yesterday. Poor Twillow was upset all day because we couldn't let him outside. Boots was excited about it since he could only go out into the front yard. Usually anytime we'd take him to the front was playtime so he thought we were going to play with him lots. I ended up making him walk with me and leave his toys alone since she would forget what she was supposed to do outside. lol

I'm off to Hudson for something. I need a reminder from Dh.. No LC's today so he's keeping an eye on DD while I"m gone. I'd go out to lunch but I have to be back to take DD to the beauty shop.

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and warm again in New Paltz.

We had a NY bagel breakfast this morning that everyone seemed to enjoy. Many folk outside of NY are not familiar with bagels, especially good ones. We had lox and whitefish salad, cream cheese, butter and jam for the less adventurous.

Today is a boat ride on the Hudson.

Received word that a friend was just diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. Never smoked or hung out with anyone who did. A fluke they said. Good thoughts for Barb appreciated.

Diedra - poor DH
    Lisa - hope H feels better soon
    Pamela - great work on all your packing and inventory
    Lucie - knock their socks off at the interview
    Jane - enjoy the wedding
    Hi Lana

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We have started seeing the first rain bands this morning but nothing major yet. We are as ready as we're going to be, although I forgot to buy cereal. haha DD wants to run to the library today so we may do that. I had someone message me last night about a skill saw, drill, flashlight set we have for sale (been for sale since the yard sale). She is supposed to come get it after 11. We'll see if she actually does. I'm leaving everything plugged in today just in case. They are saying that it will be a category 1 by the time it gets up to us and we'll just get tropical storm winds, but it's slow moving so the rain will stick around and cause much more flooding than it would have if it were fast moving. The Big Island has already seen over a foot of rain overnight.

I need to jump in the shower and then start on schoolwork I suppose. Later this evening once everyone takes a final shower, we'll clean the kids bathtub and fill it with water. DH filled up an empty tote last night and left it outside. We can use it to flush toilets and such.

Lucie- Good luck with your interview! DH BBQ's here, i've only done it once a long time ago when we had a gas grill.
    Lisa- Thinking about H. Good luck tonight.
    Jane- Have a great time this weekend!
    Lana- Enjoy your day off!
    Pamela- Congratulations on the pre-approval letter! Getting everything in order and ready to go!
    Diedra- A pedicure sounds amazing! Wearing slippers all the time (flip-flops) really takes a toll on your feet and mine are starting to crack open again so I can't go get a pedicure. :(
    Debbie- Enjoy your boat ride. Sending good thoughts Barbs way.

Enjoy your day!

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Laundry all done but need to fold. Dishes all put away. Teigan liked Cracker Barrel and I enjoyed looking around. Love their stuff but don't often go. Loved a turkey dress for Teigan but she wasn't completely sold on it so......... Some pretty Christmas out.

Went to Wal-Mart and Allen and Teigan got stuff. I love buying her clothes so was searching the clearance.

Home took her to school and have picked up some.

Going to beauty shop now and then need to do bills and work in my room.

Seems Teigans nose was runny this a.m.. When taking her into school a girl came in and her mom said first time here this week she had been sick. Teigan said a few of her friends were out sick already.

Debbie sorry to hear about Barb. Prayers.

Jess, hope it passes quickly.

Hope Vanessa enjoys her pedi.

Pam it is getting exciting.

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon beautiful day out. my grandson and i stayed out a long time. have agood night

12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

When we lived in Saipan, we had a giant round plastic trashcan that we put in the shower and filled with water at the first sign of a typhoon. I can live without electricity, but I cannot live without being able to flush the toilet!

13. luludou

Evening! Interview was not very good in my opinion (will know at beginning of next week) and I don't think I would want the job - looks like you are on your own when you get it. It's something completly new to me ( a new computer system) and doesn't seem like much training, no days off, and maybe have to drive to a few different cents in the province.... nope not for me so that's settled. Yesterday one CW gave me knew cases to take care of and another gave me some today too... so now I have more diversified work, which is a good thing.

dh is gone to have a haircut before supper... he decided he preferred meat pie tonight (frozen) instead of spaghetti.

Tomorrow not sure what I'll do... don't have my parking pass (passed it to dil) and I have to take the car in because we meet designer at ceramic store after work early (they close at 5:00). so tomorrow night is really busy with meeting the designer and choosing everything so we can proceed with bathroom remodel. Have to look up the address of the ceramic store and find how to get there + have to go see security guard at work and say I forgot my pass to get in. Humm... maybe I could take the day off, leave early and do some errands in town before meeting dh? will see

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Soldiers were released at noon so DH is home. DD is already bored to tears because no one is outside and it's not raining yet. LOL Maybe i'll go for a walk with her shortly. I had a horrible headache, lots of pressure, earlier but I took an 800mg Ibuprofen and a Sudafed and it seems to be gone for now. The PX and Commissary will be closing at 5 p.m. until at least Saturday, weather depending. The gates on post will be closing to incoming traffic at 4 p.m. and not letting anyone on. Not sure what the people that work off post are supposed to do because this wasn't put out until this afternoon so i'm sure they will be freaking out.

I better take DD for a walk before she loses her ever loving mind. Then back to homework for me.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Not sure what I have planned for the day. DD would like some help making a costume for a party that she is going to.
    I have a house inspection that I am trying to change for the 7th September. The agent says they can let themselves in but I don't like that idea. Will try and change it for the week before or the following week which means I will have to change my haircut appointment.:rolleyes:

Better hop in the shower and get the day moving.

16. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

Jess so glad to hear from you. You’ve been on my heart today.
    Ya’ll I am soooo tired but so excited! I have been a part of a extreme challenge with my new jewelry business (switched companies and have done NOTHING with it). I have done Facebook Live parties twice a day all week! I am pooped. 2 more to go tomorrow then done with that. I have had a blast and learned so much.
    Off to bed. I am sleeping good these days! Getting the infection in my gums cleared up has helped the way I feel so much! Stay safe everyone!

17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Cathymac, I am so pleased to see you posting again. I always enjoy reading about your day.
    Spent the day with DD. Helped make her strawberry costume for her party and just spent some time with her.
    DH and her BF met us there after work and we had a quick meal of pizza together.