Thursday August 9th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Aug 9, 2018 at 5:57 AM.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hey, Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

To be another hot humid day!

Last night Allen brought Teigan over to Nashville and then mom and him went on to Aviston for the drawing and Teigan and I ate at Mc Donalds and then came home and stopped by the school. She played on 3 toys that she had always been not to excited about trying and then she didn't want to leave. Was there about 1 1/2 hours. So maybe next week when school starts she will play on them now.

Upon getting home she had to show me the obstacle course she built and did. Wants to add more to it today.

Diedra, glad Vanessa went to work.

Jane, somebody has to stay for the dogs! That is always us.

I read the others but was earlier and don't remember---sorry.

I better get moving.

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, friends. I am doing without wifi for awhile. Right now am at DD's. Getting to see my Rocky boy. I love this dog.

I took Samuel to lunch on Monday and he got two school supply thingies. Then I had to take him home by 3, because he had soccer practice. He started school yesterday. A big old sophomore. I love this boy. This Sunday, my other DGS is coming up to take me to lunch! I have wonderful dgc.

I unpacked my last box on Sunday night. However, my living room looks like an explosion went off in it! How did I accumulate so much in 19 years. Sigh. I will be glad to get some out when DGS comes. My sofa is covered with stuff for him to take home. No sewing lately, and I need to get curtains made for the baby's room. He will be here any day now.

Not much other stuff is happening in my life. Except that I can't get my neuro stimulator done yet. My EKG showed that I have a low heart rate and my kidney functionals were high. Now I have to see a cardiologist. Prayers would be much appreciated.

luludou and teachermomof2 like this.
  4. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Good Morning.
    Our schools started here yesterday. The first time I ever was able to go see the grandchildren go to school and take their picture. Then the 3 daughter-in-laws and I went to have breakfast. This is a tradition for them. Was glad I got to be a part of it yesterday. Hard to believe the three little ones are now in 2nd grade. So now I have 3 in 2nd, a 3rd grade, 6th grade, Freshman and Senior in High School, and a Junior in College. My grandchildren are growing up.

It seems so quiet now that I know school has begun and I am not teaching. I know that it is not different than during the summer, but the house seems different. A mental thing because I am not at work I am sure.

I have a county meeting tomorrow. I made all my reservations yesterday for the CWC Meeting in Dubuque, Iowa. It won't be until September.

Need to get my fair projects finished. I will be gone to Iowa during our fair time this year. This saddens me but nothing I can do about it.

You guys that are getting rain could sure send it my way. We are so dry. It sprinkled here for about 5 minutes yesterday. We have a chance of rain this weekend though. With any luck we will get some.

Pam - unpacking takes so much time. Hoping all goes well for you to get your stimulator. My son is sure happy with his. Took some adjustments but seems to be working great.

Deidre - so glad that Vanessa is working. Does she enjoy it?

Lisa - sorry you are feeling yucky your last 2 weeks off. Maybe you will get some good days before the busy year begins again.

Have a great day. I need to get busy working on my extension work. We have decided to take a cruise in Oct of 2019 and I am trying to get quotes and deadlines and charter bus quotes. It is hard when you are not sure exactly how many are planning to go and some won't commit without knowing a price. We are a large group but I know that many will not go. I do need to get some info in our newsletter though.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Prayers for you Pam!

Lana...you just made me hungry for McD's! ;)

Not much going on here today. I vac'd again....Karla just sheds too much. Then I stitched up a braided rug from the kitchen. It was coming apart on two seams. Cleaned out the fridge and dumped the leftovers that hadn't been eaten and put all the containers in the dishwasher. Just odds and ends today. Next will be the menu and grocery list, then finishing up my donors choose project for school. I hope to get some seating options for my students other than the standard desk chairs.

Hope you have a lovely day! ttyl!
    ~peace and blessings~

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Rain possible today from the hurricane passing by. The girls are going to ride their bikes and chance it. It's not raining up here and who knows if it will. Rain often gets hung up in the mountains on the east side of the island. We may get some during the day but not sure if we'll get the downpours and long lasting rain they are talking about. Hopefully it won't be raining when school lets out for them and they can ride their bikes home just fine. Just in case, they both have their bus coupons (or receipt for DD), so they can leave their bikes and hop on the bus. I'll go pick up their bikes later if it comes down to that.

I have schoolwork to do this morning and then my Ortho appointment this afternoon for my knee through the VA. Most likely won't hear anything new and this will be the last time I go in for my knee for a very long time unless something major happens. I will tell them about what happened on our walk that day and the new pain that i'm experiencing since then, but it probably won't matter. Even if they ordered a new MRI it would take a while to get it done and they will most likely go off of my old one. I think i'm just stuck with a bum knee forever.

Eli has not gotten up with his alarm for the second day in a row so he's now getting an earlier bedtime and an earlier wake up. He had an allergic reaction last night to a cat at his den leaders house. He hasn't had a reaction like that since we lived in NY. We went to pick him up and his eyes were super swollen and red and itchy. They didn't bother to call us, one said they just thought he was tired. Really? His old leader from last year said...well it's not listed on his sheet. Nope it's not because it's only happened one time and I had no idea that these people had a cat. Apparently he sat in the cats favorite chair. He didn't even see or touch the cat. We brought him home after stopping at the PX to get Benadryl and gave him a dose, made him strip down in the laundry room and then go shower. He's fine this morning. It will be on his "sheet" from now on. :rolleyes:

I have to go pack his lunch!

Enjoy your day!

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! gym and then humdrum at work. Nothing special.
    Pam sending you warm thoughts.

Later

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hot and humid again. errands with my grandson today. tacos tonite enjoy your day

9. housewife2

when i went to the library yesterday i got on this site it came right on . no signing it on a new pc is that normal.? i thought you may have to sign in if it wasnt your regular one that you use

10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Did you log out when you left?

11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good evening,

Yikes, it's 6:00pm and I'm just getting on here. Volunteer shift at the gift shop this morning - deadly dull, only one customer - and then home for a sandwich and to continue tackling the stack of manuals. I'm into the second binder now (of two) so I hope to have it done tonight. FaceTime with Sophia, then FaceTime with Vic, and he's hoping to get on the red eye and be home tomorrow instead of Saturday. He managed to get on a Washington trip on September which means his airfare and hotel will be paid, I just need to coordinate my flight time with his. I'm mostly like on a different airline - I have frequent flyer miles on one the government doesn't usually use so we just have to plan accordingly so we arrive at the airport about the same time. More planning, oh my goodness, my stress level is through the ceiling right now.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Well I did talk to boss... we were the only two left at 4:15, so I adressed some 'work' problems I was having.. didn't tell him how I was mad that he isn't putting down his foot, but... so now he know's how I think things should work but he told me how HE wanted them to work. It's for me to decide if it's what I want or not... on the other hand the way he wants I don't have to stress.... not bother or working hard.

I didn't tell him I had applied elsewhere but I know he knows because my team boss told him - they don't actually care because they have to reduce the work force.

did groceries on the way home.

12C tonight.. yahoo! finally a nice cool evening.

Night

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Friday here and a bonus day really. I want to start cleaning out our photo trunk. I figure if I start it today I will have tomorrow to finish it. It is a job that I have been putting off for a while now.
    Friday night dinner is always something really quick like tomato soup or toasted sandwiches so I don't have to bother about that tonight.

Lucie, 12C on a Summer's night sounds perfect, great sleeping weather.
    Pamela, hope that the planning goes smoothly,
    Jess, sorry that Eli had a reaction I guess it shows to be wise to add everything to the sheet.
    Lisa, I love odds and ends day, you often get so much done.

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

You can always park outside your nearest Library. Ours offers wifi that will work if parked outside on the street. Some require a library card. Call and check. Or stop by a coffee shop.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Photo trunk cleaned. Glad that job is done.
    Still cold here, a foggy day and the sun is trying hard to peek through. One of those days that will not warm up.

16. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

My Ortho appointment went about like I thought it would. I sat in the exam room for over 45 minutes waiting to be seen. The medic that took me back asked if I was there for a follow up and I said no, not really. I was here before under Tricare and now i'm here under the VA. He said so you're here for a second opinion. I said I guess you could say that. My doctor didn't agree with the Ortho doctor. He said, interesting. Then left. The doctor and a student finally come in and he basically says that he doesn't really see anything different than what the last doctor did (he had already written me off without even examining me). He did do a courtesy look at my x-rays and MRI. Then he briefly examined my knee but didn't bother to compare it to the "good" one. And told me the same thing, there was nothing they could do for me surgically. Okay great, i'm not a surgery seeker, but there has to be something they can do, like try the shots again or PT or something. He recommended nothing, said I had great knees and sent me on my way. Waste of time. I will not go back ever unless I really mess something up and can't physically walk. DONE!

I got module 3 done today and am ready to start on module 4 so should have no problem finishing it and possibly starting module 5 by Tuesday. I had a talk with DD about her "friends" and how they are treating my friends daughter and told her that she should stand up for her and tell them to back off. Friend and I cleared the air today and talked about everything and she talked to her daughter as well. I have to take DS to the doctor tomorrow morning so he'll miss period 1. He's having man problems that need to be looked at. He talked to DH about it last night and it's been going on for a few days now. He'll go to school afterwards.

Pam- Sorry to read that your procedure has to wait, but better safe than sorry I guess.

Hi to all!

17. housewife2