Thursday Chat 9.6.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning friends!

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

oops I started a thread too. Lisa can you erase one of them?

3. teachermomof2

It's another warm start to a hot day ahead...sigh.

Heading to school, then home to do some chores and work from home. It's more comfortable to do paperwork here, although I'd rather get my work done at school, by the end of the day, it's too hot...85* inside yesterday and high humidity makes it unbearable for me.

Jane...glad you missed the storm. Hope the student recovers okay.
    Waving hello to you all!

Hope you have a cool day!

4. teachermomof2

Don't have admin rights on this forum....sorry!

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa, Lucie and those coming!

Looking cloudy and I think they say rain has been moved off to later.

Last night went to Mt. Vernon but got very few groceries. Didn't get to Aldis. I really needed to go there.

Trash is set out today and few more sacks from going thru some stuff is there! :)

Hoping to work some tonight in here. Havent the last 2 nights but if I go shopping or if Allen goes will have stuff to put away.

Have a GREAT day!

Lisa, hoping you get your work done at school---but ----

Jane that is scary about the girl!

I will get off between 3:30 and 4 unless something comes up. Tomorrow I am at a different branch.

6. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Good morning all!!!

Cooler and rainy today! I am SO tired! UGH! Last night was a bunch of running again with more on deck tonight!

Went to pharmacy, Kohls, Aldi and Meijer - plus a stop at gas station. Home to put away groceries, put karate uniform in dryer, unloaded dishwasher and washed up all the dishes that couldn't go in the dishwasher. Then it was time for BED!

Tonight I will either take DS to karate class or go to parent night at the school - have to wait for karate place to open to call and ask if we can do our class on Sat AM instead of tonight.

And THEN we have a big upgrade at work that I have to remote in for at 9PM - scheduled to go until 2AM! :( And I still have to get up to take DS to school as usual the next day. Hoping I'll be able to come home after and steal a bit more sleep before going into work but not sure yet.

I need something stronger than coffee!!!!

7. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Good morning!! Sounds like everyone is busy today.

Looks like I will be busy as well... figured I better log in and say "Hi" before I loose track of time.
    Got several loads of laundry and bathrooms to clean today. I dislike cleaning bathrooms!! :(

I need to get online and post my bread recipe on the blog and Facebook.

Kiddo had a short school week with the holiday on Monday and yesterday was practicing testing day for Freshman through Juniors. Since he was home, we sat down and looked at colleges and wrote down applications due dates and financial due dates. It is getting really real... my kid is going off to college next year. Where has time gone??

Will try to get on here later in the day and see how everyone is doing.

8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

It is cooler today, thanks be to God. I am at DD's to do laundry. On my way home I need to go to Target for my scrips. Been out of pain meds for two days, and I am feeling it. Have tons to do when I get home, please God. I just hurt so much. I need to snap beans to put in the crockpot tomorrow. Hmm, wonder if I have salad dressing. Then I need to stop by Walmart on my way home. Aldi's didn't have a few things yesterday.

It is only to get to 84 today. And in the 70s by the weekend. I do not care if it rains. I am exhausted with the heat.

Hope you all are having a great day! Stay safe! Lisa, the cooler temps will be heading your way soon!

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm going to Stroller Warriors this morning for the first time. They start off with a run and then do either stretching or a small workout after that. This morning it's stretching. We will run 20 minutes out and 20 minutes back. I'm not a runner so I will jog slowly and probably walk some. I'm not trying to push too hard and hurt myself. After that I will come home and shower and work on my homework.

This evening is the Super Sign Up for the Spouses' Club that got cancelled due to the hurricane that didn't hit us so I will be there for a few hours helping and will finally get these newsletters out of my house. I need to get some cash to pay my membership. I didn't get the meat separated yesterday so that is priority today before it starts going bad in the refrigerator. We ended up ordering pizza last night.

Enjoy your day!

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon t ball practice this evening for my grandson. hes real excited bought 3 halloween plates to use for snacks. got a christmas vacation magnet from work today. we have some cute shirts out charlie brown elf and christmas vacaction

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all. It is 92-96* locally and feeling it.

Got a pedicure this morning and then DH set up Buffy's pool so she could have a swim. She does enjoy the water - then she zooms around the yard and rolls in the grass. It is great fun to watch her. We decided that DS was not that cute when he played in his pool;)

Went to the neurologist who said I have moderately severe carpal tunnel in both hands. He gave me a prescription for a hand brace and to call him in 2 weeks. The body is just falling apart!

DH and I worked on cleaning up the basement but it was hotter down there than I thought it would be. Some has been done, some hasn't but we have 2 more days. Did toss old carpeting and stuff. Then I went to get some more stuff out the camper and it was REALLY hot there. By the time I was done I was ready to throw up so I'm sitting in the AC now.

Jody - retirement is wonderful! Enjoy it!
    Pam and AJ - glad the cooler weather has come through
    Lucie - bosses - humpf!
    HW2 - love to see the halloween stuff
    Carrie - the bread looks delicious
    Katrina - the age discrimination stuff was sad. I wonder that the ladies didn't stay in - or come back - just to show what they could do. Over 30 OLD! Good grief!
    Jess - hope you get a great sign up session tonight

Hi to all

12. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Good afternoon everyone!!

I got everything important done. I will iron tonight... have a few shirts and pants that got wrinkled.

Mrs. Soup- hope you have a nice exercise time.
    Housewife 2- hope you have fun at the T-ball game
    Halimer--sorry you body is falling apart. I completely understand. Thanks for your feedback on the bread. It lasted 24 hours in my house.
    Pam-- hoping you get those cooler temps.

I appear to have jammed my right pointer finger. I can't get it in the right spot. It pops in and then pops out again. Silly. I am hiding from all the laundry that needs to be folded and put away. :confused: Nothing better to do so I guess I better go get that done so I can rest without guilt.

housewife2 likes this.
  13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

From experience with three children going to college...let me lend this advice. As soon as he decides, send in his housing request. The earliest ones get the best housing.

14. missjane

Just stopping in to say, "Hi." DGS#1 has a football game tonight in an "away" town, so I need to be leaving soon. I need to stop by the pharmacy and pick up a prescription. I'm debating picking up something to eat on the way...I'm starving.

See you all later tonight.

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!
    Well.... what can I say... another day of work to forget. this morning I was upset when a cw told me that I was not imagining things with boss. then at 11:20 he met me and told me they were offering me a job in another section. I will be meeting with them tomorrow.... says I have a CHOICE... yeah right! pfffff so I started emptying my desk today and bringing things back home as other place there is less space. Since they are saying it's an OFFER and that they WANT me I will ask for my 4-day week... we'll see if they really want me. So that's my day really upset about how things are coming down. did not go out with team for lunch.
    will go to bed early, lacking energy now.

16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

LC1 had someone hit her car on Tuesday. Probably totaled it. She was checked out in ER.

She came to work today but got very dizzy and shaky. I drove her to Urgent Care. They sent her home after some blood work and a head CT. She is to rest for a few days but told her nothing was wrong.

Dh went golfing this afternoon and then this evening is at the golf banquet. DD wasn't in the mood to go out for dinner so we ate leftovers at home.

Tomorrow will bring another day. lol

Have a good sleep.

17. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

So sorry Lucie.

18. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

While I can't even pretend to even understand your situation Lucie, sometimes when things are not done in a professional manner and ticks us off we need to hold on to the hope that the new circumstances will have better than expected results. Prayers that this will all turn out to be the case. Hang on. ((hugs))

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    luludou likes this.
  19. missjane

Lucie, so sorry things are happening this way. I want to think like Jody and say that maybe this will be a better situation.

DGS plays on the 7th grade team, and they were defeated. The 8th grade team won, though. It was after 9:00 before I got home. Ran through and picked up something to eat afterwards...ate it in bed after I got home. I never do that.

All classes have tests tomorrow, except one. It's activity day, so clubs will be having meetings, plus we have a pep rally. Should be a wild day. Each class is 5 minutes shorter to allow time for the pep rally.

We finally got a little rain shower tonight before we got home from the game. I hope we get more.

I'm off to bed...almost 11:00 here. Rest well, everyone.

20. teachermomof2

So sorry Lucie....hope things work out pleasing to you!