Thursday December 19 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Dec 19, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends. A cold one here today… feel of -27C this Morning.
    cold-clip-art-boy-cold-weather-vector-illustration-32170654.jpg

I know Katrina is the opposite, they are getting record hot températures in Australia.

jampss likes this.
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Regular work day here and Spanish at noon. We delivered another gift for friends last night and have to do one tonight too. Might pick up a few things at the grocery store too.

Have a great day

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

We get to way jeans again today so makes a full week!

Program was cute last night. I didn't really get much done last night afterwards, just dishes into the dishwasher and ran it and a couple loads of clothes.

Teigan will stay tonight so we will probably go to Centralia eat at Taco Bell (her choice), hopefully get groceries and finish up just a couple things I need and look at Christmas lights. Might not get it all done so she won't tired tired for her last day of school. But I really don't want to go to stores this week-end unless tomorrow night. Will see.

I have all my crafts completed for gift giving. Now to clean and food. Have had several mention they have missed my cookies. I told them still planning on them but will be after the fact.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Morning from chilly Florida. It's nice having DD27 home for two weeks. She's working a little at her old job a few days here and there! They loved her and didn't want her to move. She's also doing two pet sitting jobs for old clients that she's watched their pets for years at Christmas.

DS16 has OCD therapy this afternoon. Last week, he was late and missed out on half of the session. I charged him half my co-pay! Make poor choices ... consequences.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning!

Just a quick post now. I have a counseling appt. in an hour. Took my shower, but need to dry hair and get dressed. I want to go out early to make sure my car will start. Good old Sadie! Such a sweet girl. Talking about the car, you know. After the shower, I bundled up in my thick robe and got under my electric blanket! Now, I don't want to get up! Lol

After appt, I will take some Christmas ornaments to MJ. She doesn't have many, she said. I am pretty sure I gave her some last year. Oh, well.

I gotta get up and get going. Have a great day. Stay warm. It is only about 10* this a.m. Yuck! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have the dermatologist this morning to check on my precancer spots on my face. The one bigger one on my cheek is mostly gone now after the 3rd freezing, but there is still one small spot on top that keeps coming back. I picked it off a few days ago and it hasn't come back yet but it will. I'll let him know. He will probably want to refreeze it. I think the other two spots are fine. Should be a quick appointment. I need to text my friend and see if she's still up for coffee, we had talked about it last week. I also need to go get my blood work while i'm up there. We're supposed to drop my car off at 12:30 to the dealership for the ceramic coating today so depending on how long all of this takes, I might just meet DH there. He will find things to do this morning.

I need to take Eli Christmas shopping after school today so need to think about what to get for everyone. He has no ideas I don't think.

Hi Lucie!
    Lana- You sound like you are on top of it! I'm thinking my food gifts might happen for New Year's. Haha If at all this year. We'll see.
    jampss- That sounds like a great consequence! Glad DD is home!
    Pam- Haha Big mistake Pam, never go back to the warm blankets after a shower.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are taking care of that. I waited too long.

In 2010, I had a spot of basal cell carcinoma near the bridge of my nose and the doctor did a Curettage. Then about three years later, it started to come back. I stupidly put off getting it checked and two more years I finally did Dec 2016. I had Mohs and it ran deep and I could have had it go to my optic nerve! Then January 2017, I had skin graft surgery. Then I had radiation over the summer. :confused:

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

Yikes! I finally started getting checked earlier this year. I had a blue nevus in my hairline in South Carolina that was removed and then they had to do it again to ensure clean margins. I found out later that they can't tell with those whether they are cancerous or not, so who knows. I'm surprised I didn't have more spots with my fair skin and history of sun damage. I will be vigilant now for sure since i've had two new spots crop up since the first one.

Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! In the teens today! Coldest weather we've had in a long time.

DH had to go to the VA this morning so I took Buffy to day care for her Christmas party, brought them a cake and then brought one to my periodontist's office. Bought some confectioner's sugar to replace what I borrowed from our neighbor last night and got some more dog toys at Marshall's.

Got home and made applesauce and more latkes because we had promised them to the people
    in the wing store.

Since I'm feeling "vigorous" who knows what else will get done today!

jampss - glad you're all getting checked! I go every year even though I have naturally dark skin.
    Lana - glad you can be comfortable in jeans
    Lucie - that is cold!
    Pam - stay warm on your travels

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    Another record hot December day here, will be about 43 (109.4) degrees later. We will have heat for the next few days and then it will cool. Christmas Day should be 33 (91)
    Just about to go and pick up Grand dog and then home. Will meet DH for lunch date at 12.30 and then pick Mum up at 5.30 for Drill team dinner. A day spent in the car.
    Thick smoke is still in the air and a lot of people are suffering with headaches, burning eyes etc. Not sure how much longer it will be around for.

Keep warm all xoxo

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Had a good visit with my counselor. She suggested that I pick one task per day, and do it. Take all day if necessary. I am going to suggest this to DS#1, as well

Then I called MJ and asked if she felt like getting out. She hasn't been out all week, she said. So I go pick her up and she tells me she can't go, because her son and gs decided she should not go out, but son was coming to take her out. I was so mad I about blew a gasket. Livid is an understatement. I said, "Well, I will just stay here and wait for them." DS was coming over. I guess she went in the house and called DS. He relented. They were afraid I would not be able to to get her up if she fell. Well, as cold as it was, I would have removed my nice warm coat to put around her while I called 911. I helped her down the stairs and to the car. Held the door for her. And away we went. As far as I am concerned, those two poor excuses for human beings can kiss my big white fanny! I would never put MJ in harm's way, and they should know that by now. We went to lunch and got baked spaghetti. Took some of it home. We were stuffed. Not as good as it used to be, tho. I really wanted some chili, but that is tomorrow! Anyway, we had a good time. That is what mattered to me...that she enjoyed herself. Pray for me, because I am gonna go off on those two soon!

My friend, Joan, who I requested prayer for? She fell and broke her hip. That poor woman! Please continue to pray for her.

I was gonna go to Aldi's after lunch, but I was too tired. I may go in the a.m. Need to see what I must have. I will need potatoes, milk, eggs, and who knows what else!

It is COLD! Brrrr. Supposed to start warming up tomorrow. By Christmas, close to 50! Yahoo! This cold, tho, makes my head hurt, so I think I should go rake something before it gets worse! Have a great evening. Stay warm and safe, and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

My youngest brother will be having heart surgery again tomorrow. They are going in through the groin and looking scar tissue that maybe causing breathe problems and extreme energy loss. The surgery was done 13 months ago and he felt good until June. He is at the University of Michigan hospital which is a teaching hospital. All my siblings will be there except me (makes me sad). This is not the brother that had open heart surgery in February. He did not regain any new heart function. He is at 35% and is forced to go on disability. I covet your prayers for Todd.

luludou, jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

Jody, will be thinking healing thoughts for Todd.
    I have just pulled out all the crockery, platters and glass ware that we will be using tomorrow night for our early Christmas Eve. DH tells me that he will be doing a quick trip to the farm (6 hours return) to water the trees so that they might survive the heat. DS says he is going to visit a friend (5 hours return) to wish him a Merry Christmas.. I am a little miffed as I have had this day planned for many months. It means that if the boys get home in time for guests (4pm) they will be tired after their long day and will not be good company. OH well what can I do

Going to head off to the big mall now and meet DH for lunch that was held over from Wednesday. If the mall is not too busy I will have a quick look around to see if there are any bargains to be had.

14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Absolutely gorgeous day here - it's in the 50's.

I did some shopping last night, but I pooped out before I made it to Michael's. That was first on today's agenda. It was delightful. Hardly anyone was shopping, I had a nice coupon, and all the Christmas stuff is discounted. I bought something for me from dh - he didn't even know I wanted it (haha)- used my coupon, 60% off. I've been looking at sock looms for years, and l took the opportunity today to get one - I don't like knitting but I enjoy looming, so I'll see how it goes. Bought supplies for my CIJ ornaments (discounted) and 2 bags of old-fashioned Christmas candy (one was the raspberry filled candies that I haven't seen for years) (also discounted).

I stopped at Taco Bell on the way home and bought lunch for all of us (the kids have half days at school). DD supervised the kids decorating cookies. I'm feeling tired and unmotivated. Just listening to Christmas music. Don't wanna get off this couch.

Have a nice evening.

luludou, jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Oh those Raspberry hard candies are the only hard Christmas candy I liked. Haven't thought about those for years. Thanks for the memory.

Must have done something this morning. I started to back up my old computer that is downstairs and I did clean the shower down there too. It has needed cleaning since we moved in. It was pretty stained. The hired cleaners did clean it but well enough for me. lol I have a professional type cleaner (two stages) that took almost all of the stains out. It's called R.O. G. Tub and Tile Cleaner, It is very good and you tub and sink will shine. Even very old ones.

For lunch DD and I went to Table65. She had pineapple pizza (gluten free) and I had steak with a double serving of chimichurri sauce. Then we both had flourless chocolate cake. We had leftovers of the dinner (not the cake) so we had that for dinner. Dh had chicken. Dh had gone to lunch with his golf buddies.

I helped DD with a shower this afternoon. Talked to LC22 about what time they will be here tomorrow to buy DH car, And chatted on the phone with a MHHer! What a wonderful way to tie up my day.

MrsSoup likes this.
  16. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Wow. That’s hot weather! I missed why there’s smoke?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

Evening!

I have been gone all day! I went to the dermatologist and he refroze, for the third time now I think, the one spot on my cheek that is being stubborn. Then I went to the clinic and had my bloodwork done. Afterwards I picked up my friend and we went to Haleiwa and had "Christmas in a Cup" which is a ginger tonic with mulled cider. It was very good. We chatted and then I took her home and ran to Walmart before meeting DH nearby for lunch. Then we dropped the car off at the dealership and came home just in time for me to change shoes, use the restroom and head out to get Eli. As soon as I picked Eli up from school we headed to Target to do some shopping. We grabbed Starbucks first and then started our looking. We picked up presents for DS and DD from Eli and one for DD's friend from her. I also picked up a few stocking stuffers for DH but still have more to get. I will also still need to get something for DH from Eli.

I came home and looked up my referrals online and called to schedule my MRI's. That took a while and was quite the runaround but I was finally able to get them scheduled. Pain management called me the other day so that is scheduled as well. Now i'm just waiting for Neurology to call and for the results of my bloodwork. I need to run upstairs and wrap DS's gift from Eli because we're going to do his Christmas tonight since he's leaving on Saturday for Missouri for the holiday. The elf will deliver his pj's from Mrs. Claus and his Santa gift tomorrow morning.

Katrina- Do you think wearing face masks would help any with all the smoke?
    Diedra- Inquiring minds want to know who you chatted with?!? :)
    Jody- Thinking of Todd!
    Pam- You're a good friend to MJ!
    Debbie- You can come be 'vigorous' at my house. haha

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

Jampss, there are over 100 bushfires burning in my state, the closest is about 70 kilometres away. The afternoon winds are bringing the smoke into our city..

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

I have seen people wearing face masks. The advice is that you need a certain type of mask with a filter to provide any real protection, ordinary face masks will not filter the smoke particles. We are OK as were are primarily inside, I think people who work outside could probably benefit.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Raspberry filled candy??? I wonder if I can talk my husband into stopping at michaels. They wouldn’t by chance have the hard cream colored black walnut filled ones too??? We always had both of them for Christmas at grandmas. I miss those days.
    We had a good time last night with our friends. My husband’s buddy sobbed when he opened his quilt. But less than an hour later he had forgotten he had got it. So sad.
    Tomorrow is date day for us. I had Starbucks gift cards for the guy and gal that always do our couples mani/ pedi but I’ve misplaced them. I think I may have wrapped them both for my son. I can’t find them anywhere. Hopefully we will have time to stop before our appointment. If not I guess it can wait till January.
    I have never thought to be checked for skin cancer. That runs on both sides of my family too. I’m to see my GP in February for a complete physical. Well, except for the “girly parts” as my doctor puts it, since I see someone else for that. I suppose I should mention that to her. It can’t hurt to be screened.
    Jody, prayers for your brother and the staff caring for him.
    Night all.

jampss, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.