Thursday December 5th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning All!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

After being on last night I actually went to bed! So nothing done. Teigan called about 8:15 and I got to tell her that I beat her to bed! Feel pretty good until I go into other part of the house and see what I should of been doing.

Lisa, be careful with if you have school.

Jessica, that is terrible about the shooter.

Jody, prayers for all. Was so much easier when our parents were the worriers! LOL!

Jane, not to be nosey but the loan for 3.?? is it like a personal loan or mortage?

Today is 2 of us at work.

I am off tomorrow and then 3 day weekend. BUT there are several craft shows all spread out 2 parties, thinking I will do my cookies/candies this week-end and then so much else going on. Have to shop for supplies and also clean to be able to do them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I better go get trash together from fridge and move on something!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

Our weather is such a roller coaster right now....from 50s to almost 80s over the next week. One night, we need all the blankets and cover. The next night, we might have to have the air on. In the mornings, we need a coat. By afternoon, we need short sleeves. Crazy!

Paperwork to be taken care of today at work, because the software billing system was down. I'll have to call Dallas today and see if they got that fixed. Then, intake reports on new patients....makes the day go faster when I have work to do, so I'm okay with all that.

Lana, it's a conventional home mortgage loan. We have really good credit scores and low debt to income ratio. I don't know if that's why our interest rate is so good or if the rates happen to be really low right now? Either way, I'm thankful for the good rate! Good for you for going to bed so early. I think if we sometimes give our bodies the extra rest we need, it helps us be more productive.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Loaded 206 ebooks on the used ereader that I will give niece for Christmas (teenage littérature).

Regular work day, spanish at noon.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Dishwasher is going, hand washed others and they will drain. Kitchen towels in washer now to get ready!

Get a trim and wax tonight at 6.

Jane that is a low mortgage rate! Good for you!

2nd gun season for deer is today thru Sunday. Allen didn't go out. I wish he could of--only thing he does like he use to. But with the coughing he said no use to--deer would bolt right out.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Today is math praxis day and i'm a ball of nerves. I thought I had gotten rid of the migraine but I feel it hanging around this morning. My coworker said yesterday that it's probably stress related, I do think that is absolutely part of it and I need to get to the chiropractor. I will breathe a sigh of relief once this test is over for sure. It will be a huge weight off my shoulders (if I pass, WHEN I pass). If you are so inclined please send me good thoughts/prayers this morning for this test. I need everything I can get. I studied last night with DH beside me on the couch helping me as needed but I still didn't get through everything I wanted to refresh myself on. I feel more confident in fractions, rations and proportions but there are a few other things i'm still not confident in that I remember vaguely I should probably have studied that I studied last time. It is completely multiple choice so that helps for process of elimination but if you don't know how to solve the problem and it looks like a foreign language then it's kind of hard to even do that. I need a score of 150 or higher if you want to be specific in your thoughts and prayers.

After this test, I will either be crying or elated. I will most likely grab coffee and head home. I'm still not sure how long I have for the actual test but the paper says 120 minutes. I haven't worked on my regular class at all this week yet so I should do that this afternoon after I get Eli from school. The South tree lighting is this evening so i'll get dinner made so we can eat before we go. It's on Shafter.

Diedra- Target has up to 50% off Lego sets right now if you have one close by. Glad Eva is so well trained. Makes me want to send Tank.
    Jody- I hope your mom goes to the doctor today and gets that hip looked at.
    Lana- Oh man, I haven't even thought about when i'm going to do all my cookies and such. Yikes! I better get to planning once I get my next schedule.
    Jane- That is a great rate! Did I say how excited I am for you? LOL
    Lucie- That's awesome Lucie! I know my DD would love that.

Enjoy your day!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello!

At DD's doing laundry. Still cannot have Rocky in. How rude! Broke my heart to tell him he could not come be with his Nana! I still got to exchange lovins with my fur baby. He was so happy to see me. It has been 3 weeks!

It is a beautiful day here in east central Indiana. The sun is shining so brilliantly. I get to watch Netflix. God's in His heaven and all is right in my world!

Since I brought my iPad, I will work on my cards again. Such a very busy week. I need to find a nativity set before Saturday. I might stop at Walmart on my way home if I am not too tired.

Jess, praying, praying, praying for you. I believe you will do just fine! Math was always one of my worst subjects! But I have faith in you.
    Jane, great news about your interest rate.
    Lana, I do not know how you do so much! Bless your heart.
    Jody, sending prayers for your mom.
    Lucie, is there anything you cannot do with computers? I admire you so much.

I should get busy! I need to text DD and tell her how much I like the new lampshades! Have a wonderful day! Stay safe and be blessed!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  8. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Jess, Sending prayers for you!!!!

9. MrsSoup

Thank you! I passed with a 170!! The test seemed like it had easier questions this time around, I almost wondered if they gave me the wrong test last time because it sure didn't seem like elementary math. o_O That's how different the questions were between the two tests. I'm not complaining because I was well above passing this time. And a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I stopped and got coffee on the way home. I'm going to relax for a bit now and let my brain rest. haha

Ahorsesoul, GrammaDeb and luludou like this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Friday here and normally the day that I get a lot done. DH is still home but has just got the message that his work Christmas lunch is on today. I hope that he goes.
    DD texted me last night and invited me to some handmade markets tonight. She and BF are going and wants me to invite mum too. Should be a nice night. Cannot stay too late as we have pre comp DrillDance training tomorrow from 8-11 am and I don't want to be too tired. The first comp of the year is Sunday so a busy weekend.

Need to wash hair, do washing and folding and just catch up on things today so that I am ready for next week.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

Jess!!!! Well done girl, that is a great result.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

WTG Jess! congrats :)
    Pam - oh my and here I am thinking I am soooooo not computer savy! it is easy or I wouldn't do it.
    Lisa, I do have a few books in English but for teenagers I only have the HPotter series. If you want those I can send them by FB in private.

Hurried home as dh thought his hairdressing appointment was tonight... nope next Thursday.

Not feeling too great this afternoon, tummy aches.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Off work today but checked in with my boss yesterday evening because we have people at Pearl Harbor - they are all safe, thank goodness. Praying for the victims and their families and really everyone there because I'm sure there are people who are very shaken by the whole situation.

A slew of errands this morning - dropped all my cards at the post office and had to buy big envelopes for my sister and sister-in-law as all the nephews cards with gift cards are in there too. Next stop, Party City for tongs and tiny forks (all the food is finger food but there may be someone who wants to eat their lemon tart with a fork), then Michaels for tissue paper and gift bags for the thank you gifts, then to the Boy Scouts store to drop off my bag of gifts for the veteran I adopted at the veterans' home. Safeway next, then the gourmet grocery, then headed to Whole Foods which is about 45 minutes from where I was. Picked up everything and headed home. Unloaded, got a call from the cleaning lady who wanted to know if she could come a little early so I raced around putting things away so the surfaces were clean for her. Now I'm in the office while she is working, starving because I haven't eaten anything yet! A cup of tea and a sandwich are coming up the minute she leaves.

I'll be bringing out the rest of the decor this evening and taking a long, hard look at all of it. I have a feeling half of it will go into the Goodwill box. I'm just not feeling a lot of stuff anymore. The house looks beautiful with the trees and the mantle and honestly, I could leave it at that.

Hope you're all having a good day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Pamela, what a busy day for you. I do love reading about your busy days. I think I too will be doing a major cull of decor after Christmas.

Have done a load of washing and put cleaner through the machine, it looks and smells better.
    Just general cleaning up and then DH is off to his office lunch. I will sit and do the folding while watching a Christmas movie on Netflix.

Not sure what will be for dinner, DH will have had a big lunch, I will possibly eat out which just leaves DS. If he wants to he can grab Subway.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Jess! Way to go!

16. MrsSoup

Evening!

Thanks Jane!

I took Eli for a haircut after school. Then he did homework and I just piddled around. We went to McDonalds for dinner because Eli's school had McTeacher night. Then we headed to the tree lighting on Fort Shafter. We were standing in line for hot chocolate and Chad got bit by a centipede on his pinky toe. Me and DD were also wearing flip-flops so we were freaked out after that and I kept lifting up my feet. The grass was mowed but still pretty squishy so you sink into it. I was taking no chances. We watched the tree get lit up and then Santa came and we left. None of my kids wanted to see Santa. Home now and DH just turned The Grinch on. I'm going to take a bath shortly and then set some stuff out for tomorrow night to pack. I should try my dress on and make sure everything is good, not that there is anything I can do about it now.

Goodnight friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

Just home from the handmade markets. It was a nice night. I got a wooden duck toy that I will put away for a future grand baby. I also got a beautiful wooden Christmas tree that doubles as a puzzle. It was a little expensive but very nice. Got some lovely decorated sugar cookies and an ornament for newest granddog.

got word that the competition for Sunday has been cancelled due to the bushfire threat. I am sad to not be going but glad that the governing body has put members safety first.
    Will still train tomorrow morning but now means a day at home Sunday.

Night all.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  18. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Mom has arthritis and inflammation in her hip. She was directed to take Tylenol which her kidney doctor told her not to take.
    My sister and I are both in the dog house. She called my brother and told him I was mean to her. Ah well what can she expect when she calls and tells tells us how sick she has been and won’t take care of herself. She was very cool towards me when we spoke and told my sister she won’t call us anymore when she is sick....most likely she is overtired and and needs sleep. Will let it ride for a few days and call her again. She called her ride to the ER at 6:30 because she decided it was time to go. Her ride was suppose to come at 9:00. Anyhoo, this too will pass.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

Jody, we do what we think is right when it comes to caring for our elders. Hope that your mum is feeling better soon.