Thursday Eats 8.9.18

Discussion in 'Kitchen Chatter' started by teachermomof2, Aug 9, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

What's cooking today?

We will be having cheeseburgers. I haven't decided on grilled or oven burgers....probably grilled. We'll have fries on the side and baked beans.

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Need to go buy hamburger buns, but probably chicken burgers. Otherwise, it'll be spaghetti

teachermomof2 likes this.
  3. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

I am having chicken and dressing. It was leftovers that I had in the freezer!

4. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Active Member

BBQ pork, mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas and peach pie for my husband and I had a bowl of cream of wheat and a small piece of pie.

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I make roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots. First I cooked the roast in the Instant pot, took out the meat to make the gravy and put it all in a covered bowl. Cleaned the IP and cooked the carrots for 3 minutes. It was great even if the temps outside were in the high 80s. I love the IP.

6. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

We had pork chops, sweet potatoes (yams), wild rice, and armadillo eggs (jalapenos stuffed with mixture of cream cheese, bacon bits, and cheese wrapped in bacon).

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

We had burgers, hotdogs and macaroni and cheese (spiral noodles).

8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I have to check out the Instant Pot. I had pasta with the last of the roasted garlic pasta sauce, added half a can of mushrooms, sprinkle some cheese on top, and baked until the top was crispy. Delicious, definitely a semi-homemade meal.