Thursday, February 21, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Off to work and should get off early but will have to run stuff to another branch first.

Haven't been to see Jaymees flooring yet. I think as of yesterday 3 and half rooms done. Not sure on that.

Been busy but seems like going nowhere!!!!

Have a GREAT day MHH Family!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

MM- I definitely would have gone to the chiropractor as well with those issues! Usually by the time my appointment rolls around i'm in desperate need of some adjusting. LOL
    Lana- Hope the flooring looks great, sure it does!

Yesterday my left arm hurt all afternoon from the shoulder all the way down to my wrist. I was a bit worried about it but had no other symptoms. I kept trying to think if I had done anything to it and couldn't think of a thing. It hit me early this morning when I slept through DH's alarm and him getting up. Night before last DD and I were messing around in the hallway upstairs before bed and she thought she was stronger than me...she wasn't. That must have been when my arm got strained. Makes me feel better knowing that I did actually do something and it wasn't a sign of a heart attack coming. I was ready to head to the doctor today. I couldn't sleep on that side last night without waking up and having to roll over. Hopefully it will feel better today. My hips are sore from PT yesterday.

I have the Commissary focus group this morning and will grab a few things while i'm there. Then I have to pick up our girl scout cookies at 1. Aside from that, I need to call my friend since I didn't do it yesterday and continue schoolwork. I would like to finish this last unit to be caught up from last week and then start on this week's work.

Enjoy your day!

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

It is almost noon, so good after morning.

At DD's doing laundry, and I got to love on my boy, Rocky. I have missed him so much. I know he loves me. He says it with eyes. Such a sweetie!

First load is finished washing. Guess I could put it in the dryer. That makes sense. The next wash load has my fleece sheets in it. When everything is dried and folded, I will go home.

The sun is shining! Most of the snow has melted, and more rain and snow is predicted. I wish February would make up its stupid mind. That being said, what in the world will March be like? Sigh

Hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed.

5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

My DS(27) is so loving and willing to share that he shared his cold with me. DH just brought me some cough meds so hopefully that will help. I get dizzy sometimes so am moving slowly today. Ah, well, this will pass eventually. I would like to be healthy when I go to take care of my brother and my mom can't be around anyone with a cold.

Today I am going to try to finish cleaning the kitchen. Getting unnecessary things put away and make it look presentable. I have been wiping down cupboards and if I can zoom in my focus I will straighten the cupboard and drawers. If not it can be done later. I will see how I feel. I would like to have things what in order before I leave for MI as I anticipate I will be there a month.

I found out from DD that DS(27) is going to Germany for work mid March so I will have to see if he could help us with some of the work that needs to be done. He is a good kid but has quite the social life so we don't see much of him. We'll see.

Jessica, study.
    Lana, I am always wondering what I accomplish but find it is more than I think I did.
    Pam, I have a set of fleece sheet and I get nothing but lint all over our bed clothes and room. What a mess. I don't use them., They are Cuddle Duds from Kohls. I just don't know what to do with them
    Have a nice day friends.

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and hot outside. I was glad to come in. Spoke to a neighbor who had recently taken a trip to Antarctica. I bet she was dreaming of it today. I sounds like a wonderful place to visit.

Buffy is at doggie day care and I spent most of the morning decluttering and straightening and reorganizing stuff. Still don't know if my guests are coming tomorrow but will assume that they will and get ready. Nothing much else to do today except pick up some meds. Might do some baking tonight one way or another.

Jess - I'm like you trying to figure out where my aches and pains come from
    Pam - I love my fleece sheets and would sleep with them all year round if I could. Sorry you have so much trouble with them Jody

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    A post is opening up with a nice boss… but the job seems to be boring. One of my friends has it and she says it's not Worth it. I will be thinking.
    Thinking of retirement options too.

Had spanish at noon too.

Later

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    DH and I are celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary today, WOW where did that time go?
    I am off for a hair cut and colour today. It was put off from a fortnight ago so well overdue. I normally am at the salon for 4 hours so today I will take a book as part of the 19 in 19 challenge that Ginger has started.
    When I get home I will finish stewing plums and make a passionfruit slice as the one I made the other day is all gone.
    DB will be coming over to take all the donations to the charity bin and get them out of my spare room. there is 7-8 bags to go. Still not finished decluttering but want this stuff gone.
    Need to get organised for 2 day training camp for Saturday and Sunday.

luludou likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. We got our snow last evening and all night - all that for a whopping couple inches of snow. We were convinced we would have a snow day, but nope. Just wet roads, and it was school as usual. Actually, the kiddoes had a field trip today - something for good grades or behavior - so they did NOT want to miss school. They went to watch the local ice hockey team practice.

I did my grocery shopping yesterday afternoon - didn't want to deal with crazy Las Vegas drivers today who don't know how to drive on wet and/or snowy roads. It's nice to just sit back and not have to go out. I am so lazy.

Have a good day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I have spent the day in front of my computer or with paperwork in my hands. But taxes for filed. Hope I did them correctly. If not they will tell me. lol

DD has been mostly ok today. Had a few melt downs but went on with life. At one time she was looking out the door at the neighbors (the ones she thinks are her HS boy friend and his parents). We went on red alert for awhile in case she decided to make a run for it. Hope that has gone for today.

My back is telling me I've been on the computer way to long for an old person.

Dinner will be sushi if Dh gets the correct kind. He went into the Twin Cities to pick up a belt he had some work done on. The sushi place is across the street so I sent him with a list. Also asked for sliced corn beef, swiss cheese and jarred pickled red cabbage (much better than sauerkraut) for Ruben's tomorrow. DD wanted Culver's but that can wait until this weekend.

Wishing everyone good wishes.

11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I have a sore throat and am not feeling so well. I don't think I'm going to revival services tonight. I have a little fever and am hoping it doesn't get worse. DH had supper started when I came in from work, and I was glad. I had to go by the lock box to get birth certificates, divorce papers, and marriage licenses for applying for our passport cards for our cruise. I need to fill out my retirement papers and get them submitted. Just twelve weeks left after tomorrow.

We went on lock down at school again this morning for two hours. This time for the drug dogs to come in. One student was arrested for having marijuana in her car. Our sheriff looked very tired today.

It has rained most of the day today...not always heavy, but rain. I've been watching the weather. I'm not sure whether or not DH and I will be able to make the drive to see DD21 during spring break. He won't fly....:(

Lana, it's aggravating when you know you've been busy, but it seems nothing to show for it.
    Jessica, it's always good to figure out our aches and pains are from something we've done, not some major health issue.
    Pam, it's no fun doing laundry. We have flannel sheets. I'm not sure how I'd feel about fleece ones.
    Jody, hope you're better soon. It's nice to have someone who can do repairs for you...will save you loads of money.
    Debbie, hope your guests get to come. Even if they don't, knowing they might always makes us go the extra mile in cleaning.
    Katrina, I hope training camp goes well.
    Diedra, bless you for getting paper work done...one of my least favorite tasks.

Hope you all have a restful night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I talked to my friend on the phone for a looong time this morning. Then I went to my Commissary focus group and it ran over. DH had called 3 times by the time I got out and texted me to call him when I got his message. I thought something must be wrong so I called immediately. He just wanted to know if I wanted to have lunch at the DFAC (dining facility). :rolleyes: I had to grab a few things at the Commissary and then I headed over to his office. We walked across and down the street and had lunch and then I came home and unloaded the few things, grabbed DD's water bottle and headed to the school. Got DD her water bottle, told her she couldn't ride her bike home (had a flat this morning, aired it up and went flat again) and then headed to the girl scout leaders house to pick up cookies. They didn't give me back the order form so I pulled our cookies out but i'm not sure if all the rest of the cookies are for one person or if someone else ordered too. I don't remember else ordering but I could be wrong.

Now i'm at home relaxing for a short bit before Eli gets home and I have to run back and pick up DD and her bike. Once I get back from that I will begin working on schoolwork. I didn't expect today to be so busy and go, go, go.

Pam- Be safe driving home!
    Jody- Hope the cold is short lived.
    Debbie- Hope your guests are still able to come.
    Lucie- Just because it's boring to her doesn't mean it would be to you. The opinions of others are not always ours.
    Katrina- Happy Anniversary! Hope the hair turns out fantastic!
    Deb- Such a let down in the amount. LOL
    Diedra- We need to get our taxes filed as well and hoping we can do it online. With DH working the motorcycle job we're not sure exactly what will need to be done, but hoping we can figure it out.
    Jane- I hope your illness is short lived as well!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. luludou

Evening! Easy supper of grilled cheese sandwiches, I'm glad dh has at least one quick meal he likes ;)

DH is gone to his guitar lessons and I'm doing a puzzle and watching tv. Just a relaxing night in.

We had 4 inches of snow this morning and roads were slippery AGAIN. Shuld be nice tomorrow and Saturday then a snowstorm 8-10 inches on Sunday, but it can change until then.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Back from the hairdressers, got a good chunk of my book read.
    DB has come and taken the decluttered items to the charity shop and I am glad that is done. What he took today was just from the kitchen, my bedroom and laundry. I hope to get a few more bags out the door once I get to the other rooms. I really am not sure where it all comes from.
    Have made another passionfruit slice and I need to thicken up the plums that I stewed yesterday, there is too much liquid.

DH surprised me this morning with a pair of amethyst earrings that are heart shaped. Did you know that 33 year anniversary is amethyst? I didn't but DH did some research and found that out. He really is very sweet,

Better keep going,

MrsSoup and luludou like this.
  15. luludou

ah Katrina, that is a really nice and thoughtful gift! Happy anniversary to you two