Thursday Janurary 10 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jan 10, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World!

2. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning Lucie! Hope all is well with you.

I am can't get moving this morning. I have lots of little projects and I haven't started a one. I am going to give myself a few minutes grace to be on here and then I need to get productive. :rolleyes:

I posted a recipe up on my blog--- it is gluten free. It is so yummy.

I need to clean bathrooms and do dishes today. That about covers things. I didn't get any knitting done yesterday.... need to set aside time for that today.

The sun is successfully coming out today. Yesterday it tried but just too much cloud cover. Hoping it warms up a bit... the house needs airing out again... even for a few minutes.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay warm.

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I will do yoga this morning, it is a shorter video I think, because i'm still behind a day even if I do 2 videos today. So, once I get the kids to school i'll come home and do the yoga and then get ready to take Perry and drop him off for his bath and nail trim. I'm also watching my friend's youngest while she goes to a dental appointment so she'll have to go with me to pick up Perry. My friend had asked her neighbor but her daughter has been sick with high fevers and they can't figure it out so she didn't want to send her over there since she also has young children, just in case. DS's vehicle gets towed to the dealership this morning to be put on their machine for a diagnosis. Then DH will have to make a decision on what to do based on how much they tell him it will be. I'm assuming since he's having it towed he's prepared for them to unlock the security system so it can be drivable again.

I have nothing else planned the rest of the day except more schoolwork and hopefully starting on my knitting.

Enjoy your day!

4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Two kids still sick, but the youngest is up and running. It's funny, a two-year-old is way more trouble on her own than with the rest of them because it's me having to keep an eye on her every move and having to entertain her.

Did some baking. Not much else new. It seems like we got all of our snow in November this year. It's been bitterly cold, but no snow. Not much fun for the kids as they can't really get outside for some winter fun.

luludou - I've used the Lush henna with not-so-great results. I have dark brown hair. I never saw any difference in my hair other than greasiness that took weeks to go away (presumably because they add cocoa-butter) and some neon orange colour over where I'd had highlights. I know people who use it and love it though, so it might have to do with hair type. I used Colora in chestnut. The pure henna, not their herbal hair dye. It's much cheaper....$8.49 for a box I think. All it has is the henna powder and some indigo. It doesn't have to be grated or anything....just add water and apply. It didn't leave my hair greasy and gave a nice red cast over my dark brown hair.....and made all my white hair coppery. Blends them in nicely. Even the remnants of my highlights went to a nice chestnut colour. I'm very happy with it. It was much easier to remove too....presumably because there is no added oil. Also found the smell more tolerable than the Lush stuff. When I used that I always had a migraine before it was time to wash it out and felt nauseated....but that could be a personal reaction to any number or oils or spices they add.

luludou likes this.
  5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    It is quiet here this morning, enjoying having the time to sit with my coffee and chatting to you all.
    A nice day planned. I am going to my mum's and we will do our first planning day of the year. We will talk about what we liked/didn't like from Christmas, what we might like to do for crafts, baking etc. I will have lunch there.
    Tonight DD and BF are coming over for dinner. We will have a simple dinner of pizza and just catch up. I have not seen them yet this year. They are looking for a flat to share so it will be interesting to hear how the search is going.
    Will need to keep an eye out for any texts from new CW who is doing the morning shift by herself today, older CW will go in in the afternoon.

Best go, have a great day.

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info FS! will look into the Colora henna

Slept so-so last night. No gym as I am still out of Energy and have some coughing fits. VERY busy day here and seems next Week will top it off, will have to see if I have to come in Monday.

Waiting for dh to come and get me. Soup and grilled cheese presumably tonight.

Should be getting cold starting tomorrow morning.

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, Friends!

I have an urgent prayer request. My sister in law is dying. Please pray for her and my brother. They have no children, and he is by himself having to plan things. My heart hurts for him. I had never heard him cry before until today. A lot is going on, and I have offered to go to Memphis if and when he needs me. We are not super close, but I do love Bill and Karen. I hate that he has no close family down there.

Mary Poppins Returns was good. I can't remember if I told you that or not. What a week this has been! Yesterday, I did laundry after my counseling appointment. I didn't get home till almost seven last evening. Have not put it away yet. Went to lunch with Norm. Then we went to Aldi's and I took him to the bank. I have bought more groceries in the last few weeks than in the last several months combined. It is reassuring to have plenty of food in the fridge and cabinets and I bought more today. I don't want to go shopping at all. Even if I need something! Lol

N and I both had baked spaghetti and salad. It was SO good! I brought half of it home, but I am still full. Guess I can have it for lunch tomorrow.

We are expecting a snowstorm this weekend. But, this IS Indiana, and stay for five minutes: it will change! But I think we will get a few inches! We have hardly had any this season. Which is fine with me. I don't care if we get any!

One of my favorite Bette Davis movies is on TCM. NOW, VOYAGER. so, I will finish watching it. It is wonderful. She was a great actress! I have written a book, so will close for now. Stay safe and be blessed!

8. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I took Perry for his bath and nail trim this morning and he came back spunkier and happy. DS's truck got towed to the dealership and DH just heard back. The immobilizer needs replaced ($600), plus whatever it was for them to diagnosis it and the $110 to tow it there. :eek: We bought the darn thing for $500. Oh well, still cheaper than most vehicles if it runs again. They said the immobilizer broke and wouldn't even recognize the key, so has to be replaced to work. They have the parts on hand so should be repaired today.

I babysat my friend's daughter for a few hours and now it's almost time for the kids to be home. Oh well, nothing done for me today at the house but I enjoyed my day anyway. I don't feel so hot right now, hoping it passes.

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

It's cold and the snow has arrived. It's been snowing for the last 2 days, but was 56 on Tuesday. Crazy weather. Looks like another front moves in on Saturday. January weather has arrived.

I'm sitting in my chair with the fireplace going and enjoying the quiet. J is at poker. M is in bed. Karla is sleeping at my feet. Today was another challenging day at work. I just don't even know what to say about it all. One more day this week, then 92 days to go.

I worked on my menu and grocery list for the next two weeks tonight. I got my new 3 Tier tray decorated with greens and snowmen for the month lt night. We had dance Sunday and Monday after school. I've done some laundry. The usual house things, too.

Has anyone watched Tidy Up on Netflix? I already use many of her storage tips, but it's a good show if you want to get organized.

I guess I'll head to bed and catch the new episode of SWAT.

Have a good night! Keep warm my Mideast and eastern friends!

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon all,
    Back from mum's later than I thought because a huge storm came through and I hate storms so I waited for it to pass.
    Did a bit of shopping and went back to mum's and did some planning. We know roughly what we will have fro Christmas dinner ( much the same as last year).
    Nice to have some idea of where we are heading so that if we see things in our travels we know what to get.
    Dinner tonight will be easy, I am ordering pizza. Have a few hours before the kids come over so will do some tidying up.
    Sweet dreams.

11. MrsSoup

Evening!

DS's vehicle is fixed and running to the tune of $515 plus the towing. Cheaper than I thought it was going to be honestly, but still a hit. Now he can experience how much gas is going to cost him. We had dinner at BWW and now we're back and getting ready for bed. I'm beat and skipping yoga once again (3rd time) because various parts of my body are hurting, i'm assuming from my fall on the stairs yesterday. I'm actually thinking about just skipping day 7 and doing day 8 this evening. My mom said it was great to do before bed, very relaxing, so maybe i'll do that while DH is out in the garage working out. Then i'll only still be 2 days behind. Hmm.

Goodnight friends!

teachermomof2 likes this.