thursday july-11-2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Jul 11, 2019.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. looks like its going to be a pretty day. enjoy

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I'm headed to work this morning to try and work through this glitch with the neurologist's assistant. Hopefully, tomorrow, I won't be going in. DH and I are going after I get off to get food for VBS at Sam's. Trying to beat the rain that may be coming. I'm supposed to be in charge of the kitchen next week for VBS, but with the ball tournament starting on Monday, the other ladies will step in and take care of it. We have it at night, so we feed them "real" food, not just cookies and Koolaid. It's simple stuff, so not a big problem, though.

If any of you are watching the weather channel and are interested, the town where DGS's ball tournament is being held is Morgan City. Occasionally, you'll see it on the map they're showing. It's right near the coast of Louisiana west of New Orleans. It looks as if it may go more east of us now, which is good, because the worst of the storm is always on the east side.

Lisa, I see where y'all are getting a lot of rain. Do y'all still have hay that's being (or needing to be) cut?
    Faye, glad you're having pleasant weather. We're baking!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Off today.

Have the banks towels in washer now and then have some extra loads of stuff to do that I have found in my room.

Got up before 6 and we got some trash together from outside to put out for trash guys. Lots more to get out but got several sacks. Allen went to get Jaymees trash.

We got rain about 6 last night. About 7/10ths I think. Needed it.

The doe with twins keeps snorting at us. Thinks she owns it all!

We went riding looking for deer and the way we always go we came thru the wooded area and a car was on fire in the guys driveway. Met 2 fire trucks and sheriff after we went by. Teigan thought it was neat but kept worrying about fire and if the house was on fire. She wanted to go see her mom but they talked and she was fine. She kept saying asking if she would smell it first.

Guess I better move along and get more done.

Have a GREAT day!

Humidity is to be down today so will see. Yesterday was TERRIBLE!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

Early start to today for me! J had to leave earlier than usual, so I was up with him at 6. He'll work late too. Our niece is spending the day with us, so her daddy dropped her off on his way to work this morning at 8:30. Karla doesn't quite know what to do with herself with a little one in the house....dn is 2. I am hoping to go to the inside play center today in between the rain drops. I thought it would be good to get her out of the house for a bit. She and M are coloring now.

I'm planning steak sandwiches for dinner, since we will all be eating at different times. I'll put some steak and au jus in the crock pot. H worked overnight and isn't home yet, and M has dance camp this evening. Who knows when J will be home. The state is in town to survey some work they've done for the dirt and gravel road project.

Still fighting this cold. I put some tea tree and peppermint in the diffuser and it seems to be helping.

Jane....no hay yet. Second cut should be in about 2-3 weeks I'm guessing. Depends on the rain.
    Hi Lana! I'd love lower humidity!

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Another quiet evening - my back is fine now but I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to take it slow this weekend as well, emptying totes in the garage and carrying things in bit by bit rather than carrying a whole heavy tote into the house. Ran out to pick up Chinese food with a bonus of having leftovers for lunch today.

Answered the door to the pest control man last night - the sales guy - he was in the neighborhood prepping for the crew coming through today and trying to pick up any houses not on their list. I had thought about checking out pest control so his timing was perfect. Signed up for the quarterly package - they handle moles as well so that's good. I'm not sure my sensor stake in the backyard was very effective.

Sophia called to say her car registration tags expired in February - how did that happen? I think the renewal must have been lost in the mail, definitely need to mark the dates for all three cars, since they are all different, in my planner. I was able to go online to pay the registration, without penalty, and have the tags ready for her to pick up at her local motor vehicle office this morning.

Friday Eve today and the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Premiere to look forward to this weekend. My list was modest - 12 this year - so I hope I don't get tempted to add any more! The last piece of office furniture is also scheduled to be delivered this weekend - a combo lateral file/bookcase - so I will have them take it right into the new office and I can start moving files and books into it from the old office.

Faye, Jane, Lana - Have a great day - stay cool, or warm, or dry!
    Lisa - What kind of steak do you use in the CrockPot? Do you add an au jus envelope and water or broth?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. housewife2

went and got my haircut eyebrows waxed . going to see the shaft movie at 1 with a friend. not expecting to much from the movie but always fun with my friend. one more day then i have to go back to work on sat.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! balmy here but thunderstorms are expected this afternoon.
    Jane - glad you guys are safe. Was looking at the flooding in your area. One of the Young guys sitting near me is from New Orleans, haven't talked much to him as they are here for just a little while and are Always in meetings.

Will read a little.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Afternoon all,

167 days to go.

It was wonderfully cool last night...temps are climbing again.

Doing some sorting again. Dragging out all the old boardgames and activity sets and seeing which ones the kids want to keep. Making lots of nice open space on my shelves.

Hope everyone has a great day....weekend is almost here!

Pam - So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope they remove this quickly and all your margins come back clean so you never have to deal with it again.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH got up early to go hike Koko Head this morning for sunrise. Apparently he got there and the gate to the parking area was closed so he couldn't do it. He went and parked on the coast instead and watched the sunrise. DD has her run test and then another test today, so we'll be at the Army hospital most of the day. Eli stayed the night at our friend's house after soccer practice last night. She'll probably send him home around lunch time so he won't be here by himself all day. I have my Nook loaded up, probably should be charging it right now. Oops.

Soccer practice was good last night. We stayed afterwards and let the kids kick the ball around some more. The schedules were posted overnight on Facebook so I put them in my phone calendar this morning. Games start on the 20th. I confused the leagues (Eli's age) when I was looking at schedules this morning and thought they had scheduled our team for one game the entire season and had posted a comment and wrote to our group text about it. The coach responded that the schedule would be handed out next week. Guess I looked like an idiot. My friend sent me a photo of the correct league schedule so I went back and deleted my comment on Facebook and commented back on the group text that I had looked at the wrong schedule and hadn't had enough coffee yet. Oh well, mistakes happen I guess. :oops: That'll teach me to say anything.

Hi Faye!
    Jane- Good luck on the glitch! Hoping the storm goes more east!
    Lana- Enjoy your day off! Funny about the doe. Wow on the fire! That's crazy!
    Lisa- Have fun with the niece! Glad the oils are helping, I hope it passes soon.
    Pamela- Glad your back is feeling better. Perfect timing for the pest control guy. I was curious about the recipe as well.
    Lucie- Enjoy reading in your thunderstorms, perfect reading weather!
    FS- I need to clean out our game closet again as well.

Enjoy your day!

10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Nice now but "weather" supposed to come in later today.

Up early as the cleaning lady was coming. Buffy to daycare, breakfast at Panera then shopping at Orvis ( for DH - does he really need another jacket if he won't give anything away?), Container Store and Trader Joe's. Got some of their frozen dinners to have on hand when we camp.

Now just catching up on the usual stuff and have to do some printing.

Jane - hope all goes well with the job/neurologist
    Lana - take some time for you on your day off
    Lisa - hope the cold is feeling better
    Pamela - how many more boxes do you have to go?
    Lucie - I think we will be getting the same storms
    Faye - enjoy the movie and your time with your friend
    FS - thanks for providing the count-down
    Jess - DH loved the idea of cinnabon for a birthday dinner. DD rocks!

11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Teigan about 10 said text my mom I am ready to go home. So Jaymee had just gotten home from getting her license updated so I took her home, I cooked dinner while sis was putting stuff away that Teigan took home. Took toys home.
    Got ready to leave and my car wouldn't start. Left my key on alittle. So Allen came and jumped it. Allen mowed 2 fields down that were to wet to do before.

Greg (Teigans other gpa) was taking her to the fair for kids day today. We had talked of doing it last week when we saw it but I thought it would be nice for him since we see her more. I came home and doing more laundry and dishwasher is going.

Allen is mowing here and will weed eat ditch.

Going to go pick up more now.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. housewife2

movie was good samuel jackson is a good actor

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Our new rule is - a piece of clothing comes in, one must go out. The closets are not going to hold much more!

There were 191 boxes over the two shipments - all are unloaded, boxes broken down and given away or taken to the recycling center. Some of the boxes contained totes and they are just sitting in the garage waiting to be unpacked. I'm thinking about half of the stuff in the totes will end up going to the Goodwill - we brought so much stuff from Virginia that should have been decluttered before we left. I'm looking for a home for all my craft supplies - fabric, yarn, felt, buttons, pom-poms, pipe cleaners, that kind of thing. I have to face facts - I'm just not going to use it. I have about ten years of scrapbooking to catch up on so I have all the paper, stickers, die cuts, and memorabilia for that. I'm going to go with a simple approach and just get the pages done with minimal decoration and then continue on with Project Life as it is much easier. I loved the Creative Memories type of traditional scrapbooking but I just don't have time anymore. We.just.have.too.much.stuff :eek:. The smaller house is forcing me into a minimalist mindset and it's time.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Howdy! It's a scorcher! 102 degrees.

I took dh to the VA for bloodwork. I drove around and around, looking for a parking space. Nothing. I went to the front of the building to drop off dh in his wheelchair so I could look some more, and a valet ran up to park the car for me. That was wonderful. Dh did his blood draw and we went to his endocrinologist's office to make an appointment, and we were back in the car exactly 1 hour from the time we left home.

We stopped for lunch and then went grocery shopping. The dgkids carried in groceries, and I put everything away. It's nice to have that chore done. I think I'll grab a quick nap before dinner.

Pam, I'm adding my prayers for you too.

Have a nice evening.

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

so no thunderstorms yet but no 28C with humidity either, in fact it is cool, I just put on pants (had capris on).
    dh is off to guitar lesson and I'm here babysitting the dog. supper and dishes are done. work & gym clothes for tomorrow are out.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    It is grey and very windy here, we are under an Arctic freeze warning!! Sounds dramatic.
    House work for me today and then for dinner tonight we are all going to a local restaurant for dinner for DS 31st birthday. His birthday is on Monday but it was easier to get everyone together tonight.
    New meds are making me sleepy so hope that I get used to them soon or work is going to be hard, boss will not like it if I am napping at the desk.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

DD's appointments went well. She didn't have an attack while on the treadmill but did have an episode of sorts afterward while doing part of the breathing test. She was in between and she started clearing her throat and I was looking at her funny because I thought it was weird. The nurse noticed too. She was checking her readings and noticed that her readings had dipped, her lungs were tightening and her oxygen had dropped. The throat clearing was a sign/symptom of that. She said that most of her older kids (patients) don't notice those types of symptoms. Everything else was uneventful and she did great. We went and grabbed lunch after the first appointment and then went back up to wait for the second. She took us back about half an hour early for the second appointment and she did fine with those tests too. The doctor came to see us and said that she does have exercise induced asthma and vocal cord dysfunction or something like that. She's to take the albuterol inhaler before exercise and then as needed during. She has a referral for speech for the vocal cord thing and we go back in 3 months, for hopefully the last time.

Debbie- Haha, glad we could share the idea!
    Lana- I bet Teigan had a great time at the fair.
    Pamela- I think we all realize that when we PCS repeatedly. I'm going to try my best to purge before we move again next time, but we'll see how that goes.
    Deb- I love that our Army hospital has a valet. The VA doesn't but the Army hospital is right next door and it's just a walk down the hill to get to the VA, so anyone can use it. Glad that yours does! Is it free?
    Katrina- That does sound dramatic!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Jess, valet is free & no tipping. Super nice guys. Everyone inside are volunteers - I hope the valets get paid.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I got the big flower bed at the front of the house done this morning. I had downloaded a book on my phone and listened to it while working, and made the task not so tiresome.
    After I finished I went to Kohls for a new pair of jeans the cost was more than I was willing to pay even with my 20% off coupon....oh rats I just remembered I have a $10 coupon hmmmm. will have to make another trip tomorrow. I stop at Joann too I need embroidery floss for some Christmas samplers I found yesterday while cleaning. It will give me something to do in the evenings.

I also stop and visited a former co-worker at my former summer job stay awhile visiting with 2 former bosses too.
    I am happy to say I am glad I am not working there anymore. The heat gets so bad and I do not recover easily from the heat. Glad I was able to visit and glad I don't have to deal with staff drama.

Sounds like all are keeping busy. Have a good night.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  20. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I have showered and thinking of going to bed. It is only 8:46 and I could do stuff yet but haven't slept the best for a few nights.

While in the shower I realized that out of our wedding party we are the only 2 married yet. Granted the 2 junior groomsmen have never married. They are in late 40's or early 50's now and say no. Don't know if they ever dated. Anyhoo, we had 4 big girls, 2 junior girls and flower girl. The 2 ushers were also divorced. 1 usher and a groomsman have passed. Ringbearer my cousin has passed away too and he was divorced. I know that this isn't interesting and have no ideal why that came to me.

Good Night!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Ahorsesoul likes this.