Thursday July 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am off today and I have a 7 a.m. appointment for a wax and cut. Need to go to the bank here in town for Aunt Imogene. Also need to do some laundry, clean in kitchen and we have corn to do.

Teigan and I were swimming and Greg (Jaymees ex FIL) came and brought us 2 large butcher boxes stuffed with sweet corn. So will do that up.

Should run to Mt. Vernon and get 2 debit cards repinned, take a few things back and pick up a few groceries. See that is my day gone then! LOL!

I saw in the paper where Nashville (town I work in) is starting a quilting guild. Had their first meeting in June. It is next Tuesday night and I think I might go. I have been interested in joining one but several are in afternoon and one is Saturday mornings but I could only go to maybe 5 a yr. with me working every other Sat.. There is one in another town about 45 to 50 minutes away that is in the evenings but can't promise I could make starting time so kinda excited for this one. The lady heading it up recently moved to the area from northern IL and was in one with about 300 people so hoping she makes a go of this and it is interesting. I called and talked with her and she has big plans so ...... Sorry to bore you with me jabbing about this.

I better go get fish fed and move along!

Have a GREAT day!

luludou likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Lana - I love all crafts so I like hearing about your quilting guild.

Seems I forgot to post yesterday. Just work, lunch with friends in the park and Nothing else. My brother & his girlfriend will probably come to town on Saturday - they want to go out for supper and then go to the music festival.

I have an appointment with a designer on Monday for the bathroom remodel. also 10:00 massage therapist, hip pain just isn't going away

Have a great day!

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. have a few errands to run today . vac and dust a little . not sure what else today. enjoy your day

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Off to my volunteer shift at the gift shop. Waiting to hear from Vic - he's hoping to change his flight from tomorrow to today.

Lana - What will you do with all that corn?

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Nothing on the schedule for today. LC1 was to walk the dog but her feet are really sore and it looks like rain.

Criminal Lady shocked me yesterday. As DD and I walked pasted her drive she smiled and said hello. I probably had a shocked look on my face. She’s been here over a year and never said a peep to me.

I need to try out some wood stain that Dh picked up for me. I need to get some trim up on the sliding door. And I need to mail the shadow box. I did have it standing up on the table. Now it’s laying down with two pieces of packing on top. Can I call that progress?

Plan something exciting for the weekend.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I just logged in to our account and realized that we were charged for my brothers Amazon Prime membership! :eek: When I ordered DD's screen protector and phone case with his account on my phone (I usually use my laptop) it must have made my debit card and email the primary somehow, so when payment came due yesterday, it charged my card instead of his. I had gotten an email but I thought it was spam. I texted him and i'm sure he'll send me the money. I did login and change it back to his card, but he'll have to go in and make sure it's the card he wants and fix the email stuff. Ugh! I don't use it often because I don't order much and i'll definitely never use my phone again to order anything.

I have no plans today so not sure what we'll get into. I do have a call from my new enrollment counselor today. They did receive my newest transcript so i'm curious as to what the timeline might be for me starting. I'm thinking probably not by August 1st but we'll see. The concert in the park last night was good and DD ran into a friend she hasn't seen all summer and she ended up staying the night here.

I better get ready to head out on my walk!

Enjoy your day!

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. DD loves all the humidity we have due to the rain, but sticky is not my favorite feel. More rain in today's forecast - unfortunately when we get rain the streets flood. We have whole communities of homeless folks living in the storm drain system - not good.

I met with my diabetic doc yesterday - what a joy. I hurried home to scoop up DH to get him to his doctor appt at the VA. She really beat him up over his weight and weight-caused medical issues. So...no more peanut M&Ms & Oreos, more veggies, and hopefully some weight loss...for both of us.

DD & I went to Michael's after gymnastics last night. We both needed yarn for current projects. At checkout I had a bit of a senior moment. I leaned over the counter and quietly told the salesgirl, "The last time I was here the girl told me to tell you I am..uh...um...old." For the life of me I could not remember "senior discount." We all had a good laugh, and she told me I don't look old because I'm not wrinkled. I puffed out my cheeks and said I keep the wrinkles filled in. While DD was checking out I picked up a magazine from the rack and magazines slid out and all over the floor. DD & dgd picked up the magazines, and DD shook her finger at me and sternly said, "Don't touch anything!" I pouted, she hugged, and we laughed and laughed.

So today I'm being a bit lazy - in fact I'm still in my pj's at 11:30. Guess I should get busy. Have a great day.

9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Well, it is afternoon and moving along.

This a.m. got hair cut and a wax. Made a appt. 2 weeks out for a color and wax, went to bank, Aunt Ims house, cemetery to put something on Allens parents grave and put a couple books into the book drop at library. Got home Teigan wanted to go on a Kubota ride so Allen,her and I went. Saw turkeys, minnows in the creek and trees that beavers cut down. Did dishes, dishwasher dinner, dishes again and made tea and koolaid. I am getting ready to sort laundry.

Allen is doing corn. This bunch we will put up on the cob. Allens friend has corn and said we can have all we want so will definitely do alot of freezer corn cut off the cob. The last 2 or 3 years our garden has been crap! We use to grow the stuff and give it away.

Better move along.

10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Pleasant day here and supposedly tomorrow - hopefully tomorrow we will start working on cleaning the camper out

Went for my check up today - took blood, urine, an ekg and sent me on my way with a prescription for a mammogram and a referral to call my neurologist about my hands.

Then DH and I went to the dermatologist and got some skin tags removed. Later is a Mets game. Did some copying and hole-punching in my down time.

Lana - DH and I both love corn. Wish we could help you eat it all.
    Deb - I often just say I'm old - something about senior citizen rubs me the wrong way
    Pamela - hope Vic gets the early flight
    Diedra - maybe Criminal Lady isn't so bad
    Jane - hope you're trying to take it easy despite having to do all the extra baking
    Jess - what will your next courses be?
    Lucie - missed you yesterday
    Hello HW2

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon (almost)!

My OCD neighbor put pallets out this morning with their trash so I grabbed them for my friend. I went and delivered them and then got the call from my temporary enrollment counselor. He is hoping to have my new evaluation by next week so we can do my intake interview so I can get started by August 1st. We'll see. We'll talk again on Monday and see. If for some reason my evaluation gets completed by tomorrow then he'll call me then.

My stinkin headache is back. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I haven't been drinking as much coffee since I started walking in the morning. Tomorrow we're going even earlier than we have been because I can't eat or drink after 7 due to my procedure and i'm usually starving when we get back. I definitely want to have time to eat before my cutoff time.

I'm going to take the kids bowling this afternoon. I signed them up for the Kids Bowl Free program so they get two free games each every day. We haven't been all summer. My friend grounded her daughter otherwise they would go with us.

Debbie- I'm not sure what classes specifically i'll have first but i'll be starting my Masters in Education program that will certify me to teach. It's geared for people that have a Bachelors in something other than teaching so it incorporates student teaching into the program.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

GrammaDeb - that senior moment had me laughing :)

Gym, out at noon to buy some fitted sheets (1 in cotton and 1 flannel) for my bed, some facecloths for mom's Christmas stocking and got my free lunch at the restaurant near where I work (have enough leftover for tomorrow's lunch).
    DH is gone to his guitar lessons. I have yet to decide if tomorrow is gym or yoga. I have gained some weight with the new pills for my tummy.

'Night

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is sunny here but the thermometer still reads -3. It should warm up to be a nice day.
    Got to pick up DD and take Harry to the vet for vaccinations, then DD may come back here for a few hours.
    My iphone is not letting calls in or out, just messages. I will ask DD to take a look, if she can't fix it it will have to go to the shop for them to look at. The primary function of a phone is to be able to speak on it.:rolleyes:
    I am waiting for a parcel for DS birthday. I ordered it on Sunday and it is meant to be delivered to the local supermarket. Hopefully it is here today so that I can wrap it for DS birthday which is Sunday.
    Better hit the shower.

14. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Evening!

I forgot to post this a.m. Went out to DD's mainly for Rocky. He misses his humans. I wanted to straighten her purses and shoes. I kid you not! She probably has 50 pairs of shoes, 25 purses and 15 wallets! Who needs all this! Sheesh! Plus, in cleaning out the purses, I found $15, 2 pairs of sunglasses, various reading glasses, and assorted sundries. Holy moly! I straightened the shoes that were on the floor. She has 4 or 5 pair of camel colored sandals. Can we all say spoiled?

I loved on Rocky and he ate it up! I love that dog so much. And he loves his nana, too.

Lordy, my back started to hurt like crazy! On a scale of 1-10, it was almost a 12! I took some pain pills and am lying down. There are things I want to make for the baby. I still need to make receiving blankets by Tuesday. I also want to finish a tote bag that I started several years ago. I need to line it and make handles for it. I thought Linds could use it for a spare diaper bag. Plus, I can put everything in it for Baby Brysen. She needs crib sheets and a nursing cover. I would like to get all this done by the time she comes. I am excited to see her.

I have written a book. I hope you all have a great evening and sleep well tonight. Blessings!

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

I made two trips to the vet today. One to drop off Boots poo which is getting icky again and one to pick up medication for her. Some lady had just walked her two dogs into the vets. One of them poo-ed several times on the way from her car to the front door. She didn't even tell the ladies at the desk. I thought they were rocks and almost kicked them. One of the ladies went right out to pick it up when I told the front desk. ICK.

On one trip DD rode with me. We stopped at a restaurant on the way home to see if they had flourless chocolate chili cake. Came home with three pieces. We had them after our dinner of Chicken Caesar Salad.

After I had gotten home from the last trip to the vet as I put my purse down on the table the shed people called. I had to go back out to drive past the vets to the shed people. We should have a shed in 3 to 4 weeks. It will be 12 x 8 feet which I'm hoping will hold all the extra items in the garage during the winter months. Unless Dh buys more junk. lol

While we had dinner a huge storm hit. Very high winds with rain. It was blowing our birdbath away so I ran out to get it. I was soaked when I came in. We had over 3 inches of rain in a very short time. More rain on the way tonight. After dinner we were looking for Twillow. He had gotten caught outside during the storm. He was soaked to the bone from hiding under the back porch. Our cities Fun Fest was to open tonight but had to cancel because of the storm. Lighting hit a pole by the schools and part of the town was without power for a few hours. Not us even if we were only a few blocks from where the lighting hit. All is well right now.

Wishing all a good friday.

16. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Evening ladies!

It's late, but I wanted to stop in and say hello! Pretty quiet day here....trying to still recover. Jane, you are so right about my insides not healed completely. J said the same thing. I am in stretchy pants or a dress most days. Anything else just is irritating. I did get the menu plan and grocery list done, made dinner, but did nothing major. The guys went to Bil's to tear off his roof. They'll be tied up all weekend doing that. We went to my parents' tonight to celebrate my dad's birthday. He is 69 today.

Finally got the schedule for Ms competition. We will only need to be away 2 nights and probably could just get away with one night. I have to call the hotel tomorrow and cancel a night of our reservation.

Lana....you are so lucky to have corn. Our local corn is far from ready....the cold and rain has put a lot behind.

Waving hello to you all...peace and blessings....