Thursday June 7th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jun 7, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH friends!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello,

I went and set the 2 cans out for trash day, fed the fish, watered the plants and changed hummingbird water. Have more water making and put the dishes away.

Feels humid out already.

Hope my energy is still up when I get home!!!!

Have a GREAT day!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Volunteer shift at the gift shop this morning. Vic changed his flight and is coming in today but since I'll be at the shop, he'll catch a ride home with one of his co-workers and then head into the office. My back is killing me, think I lifted a few too many boxes in the last few days, I should know better. I hope I don't have to do too much bending or reaching at the shop. Turned on the AC so the house is cool when I get home.

4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy and cool today - warmer tomorrow.

Had a usual delightful lunch with friend/former cw but was disappointed that there was really nothing at the farmer's market.

Trying to get to Target to get new bath rugs but DH needs the car first and he is so darn slow.....I really prefer to get out and back early but it doesn't look like it will happen today. Most other things are starting to get into order. Maybe/almost time for knitting....

Jody - hoping that DD makes the best decision with your input....
    Lana - you have unflagging energy!
    Pamela - glad everything is working out for the move

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept in a little this morning, looking forward to tomorrow when I don't have anywhere to be and hoping that I am able to physically sleep in. I had to take my migraine meds yesterday and take a nap before work. I have a slight headache this morning so hoping it doesn't develop any further later on. I am making my kids stay home today. Eli has been a bit bratty being with the other family so much and I think he needs a break and some separation. DD has made plans to clean her room. She wants to empty it and then bring everything back in. She plans to use DS's room for that, although his room hasn't been cleaned yet and I won't be home this morning to work on it. I'm going on a Lions Coffee tour with the Commissary.

I'm seriously debating quitting this job. I miss having my evenings and with Chad working during the day, by the time he gets home we barely have time to eat dinner and then i'm off to work. We are just passing each other. I don't think I can sustain this job for the long haul. I'm going to wait until I get my paycheck and then I guess i'll make a decision. I'm starting to not even like it anymore, I find myself getting frustrated and just trying to hurry to be done these days because i'm so exhausted. :(

I better finish my coffee, eat and get ready.

Enjoy your day!

6. luludou

Afternoon... we are Under siege with the G-7 summit! I will not be coming in to work tomorrow but for now we are not closed. lots of govt offices are closed though.
    had spanish at noon.

'Later

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all . subway again for lunch but its good. stoppedat the grocery store on the way home from work. 3 weeks from today ill be in new york . have agood evening

PamelaG likes this.
  8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

How exciting! How does the song go, "New York, New York, what a wonderful town!"

housewife2 likes this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Got to Target and they have renovated the entire store and moved everything. And they did not have a purple bath rug. Disturbed and discombobulated! Had to settle for black and grey but did get some towels on sale.

Also went to Home Goods and got new sheets and, of course, a new dog toy for Buffy with 6 squeakers! She was rolling all over in the grass with it. Finally went to the giant Asian supermarket. I think we will have Ma Po Tofu tonight along with a beef stir fry and some dumplings.

HW2 - let me know if you'd like to meet up in NY. It is a wonderful town
    Jess - definitely quit the job!

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

The Lion Coffee tour this morning was great! I learned quite a bit about the company and got to sample several different coffees. We were given a small sample bag to take home at the end of the tour. The tour guide suggested trying the Nitro Cold Brew so I did but it's not sitting well in my stomach. My headache is worse so I may try to rest a bit. My friend asked if her kids could come over this evening while they go to their Hail and Farewell, so they'll be over around 4. I have to go to work so DH will be watching them after that.

DD cleaned part of DS's room and put on a fresh air blend in his diffuser to try to make it smell better. I need to call his dad because he texted me this morning asking about his grades.

11. luludou

evening! glad to be home for the weekend. doing some laundry and watching HP #3 with dd. dh is off to his guitar lesson. seems ds' girlfriend found a used washer, dryer and fridge. dh needs to go pick them up. I need to do my to-do list for tomorrow.

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Friday here and I m so glad. It has been a long week.
    Was going ti start deep cleaning the loungeroom today but CW has called and is having trouble witht he banling so I will go over to work and then come home. Hopefully won't take too long.
    A long weekend here so I am hoping to get a few things done.

Back soon,

13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening.

This has been one of te worst weeks of my life. Nothing has gone right. My finances are in the toilet and getting worse! Got my new checks today and the address is wrong! I have told them 1600 times-or so it seems-that it is 2401 N Walnut, 4NC. Now is that hard? The check place put 4 C. I am going to the bank again tomorrow and raise a big stink. They were supposed to send me something and did not. Grrr.

It seems that my DDIL has a drinking problem. She was drinking at night when Steve was sleeping. It started when they were separated. She has been physically and verbally and emotionally violent! Stephen told me that he will not allow alcohol in his house. If she chooses to drink, he will leave her. His dad was an alcoholic, and S just will not tolerate it.

I waited half an hour in the Verizon store today to be waited on. Only one person was working. Then I was informed that he couldn't help me with my situation. I had forgotten that they only take cash. I was not happy. Took me FOREVER tonite to get things done on my phone! Same with my cable. Grrr.

To top it all off, I lost a ring my sis gave me. It was a pinky ring, and said Jesus on it. I have had it for over 15 years. Don't know where I lost it, either. I give up.

Sorry ro be so long and boring! I needed to vent. Thanks for being here for me. Hope you all have a good night and a good day tomorrow!

14. luludou

((((hugs)))) Pam

15. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Thank you, Lucie!