Thursday May 21st 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 21, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World

1.jpg

jampss, Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  2. luludou

Should be a nice balmy day here at 23C. Had a good night's sleep (only woke twice).

At noon I have to go to MIL's (next street) as someone said they'd pick up the desk we have for sale there. Hope the keys work! Usually dh is the one taking care of this but he will be at work.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day Lucie & all who follow. I was up for awhile in the middle of the night. Then slept a couple more hours & woke up from disturbing dreams. Going to be a long day. At least it's Thursday and we have nothing plan except attending an online Bible study Zoom meeting. Temps are to be in the 70's.

Lucie be careful making the desk exchange. Love the bridge pic.

Stay safe.. Take care.. Enjoy your day.

jampss, Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

Lucie, thank you for the beautiful pictures you've been posting each day. Glad the desk if being picked up.
    Tricia, enjoy the Zoom Bible study.

DH finally felt like it was safe enough for him to sleep in the bed with me last night and not risk hurting my arm if he bumped it. He sleeps like a dead person...wish I could sleep that way, but I was awake my usual 2+ hours during the night last night...hope I didn't disturb him with my tossing and turning.

I have some finishing touches on the pantry shelves today, but I need to go to the office for a little while to make some phone calls. I could do it here, but want to get paid for my time of doing things related to work. Plus, yesterday was payday, and I want to pick up my check. With me not working a lot, my balance is getting low in the account my car payment and the house note is coming out of. We can cover it from another account, but would rather not have to.

I re-worked our budget this morning. Gas has gone down. Groceries have gone up. We're paying utilities on two houses right now....that will continue, because we'll keep the utilities on at both, even after we move out. Eventually, Mama will move into our old house and she will pick them up. My sister from Texas is moving into Mama's house and will start paying the ones at that house. Some other bills have also gone up or down...mostly down...thank you, Lord. I'm thankful every day for His blessings. DH's paycheck went into the bank today...surprised me. Normal payday is the 25th for him, which is a holiday, but I wasn't expecting it until tonight after midnight. I need to menu plan and see what needs to go on the grocery list. Sort of a day of regrouping going on today.

I better get my day started...by getting dressed. Have been in the bed with the laptop working on the budget, so still in my gown.

Hope you all have a great day!

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie, Tricia, Jane and all who follow!

It's Thursday. That means google meet day for me. John is working from home and he is in the dining area, so I thought I should come to the den and eat my breakfast and do my morning routine so as not to disturb his skype meeting. Not much else planned for today other than school work and the usual chores. The weather is the usual for May 2020...cloudy and below normal temps. It's so strange hearing the heat kick on this late in May.

Have a blessed day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and 60's today. Nice day!

Looked to the future yesterday and made reservations for August for two campgrounds upstate. One at the campground we belong to in Lake George about an hour above Albany and one in Rhinebeck with some of our Airstream friends. We're hoping to get DDIL interested in renting a cabin at the Lake George campground for a long weekend despite her preference for 5 star hotels;) DS grew up at this campground - we've been going since '94 and I think it could be a fun few days if it works out.

So I did not do a whole day of decluttering but did get some in. Emptied a large box of things I had been saving as possible gifts. Most went to the charity bag but some will be gifted in the future. At least they will not be out of sight out of mind.

For today - more of the same. Thursday is leftovers for dinner so that is easy.

Lucie - nice that it's getting warmer - take some time to sit in the sun
    Lisa - I figure the weather is keeping up with the rest of the world - weird! But I do remember grilling on Memorial Day wearing a down jacket one year.
    Tricia - Zoom is such a blessing these days!
    Jane - budgeting is hard in these times - I dread going to the grocery
    Jess - hope the migraines are over and stay away
    Diedra - how nice to be adding a deck to the new house

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. It's beautiful today, to be in the upper 70's/low 80's and breezy. I was up early and opened the windows. There are a couple birds singing their little hearts out...so happy.

I met with my endocrinologist yesterday, in her office. Things went as I thought they would - weight, blood pressure, and she went over bloodwork results. Everything was good. I don't know why we couldn't do it over the phone. Today I have to see my primary doc, in his office - and we will go through the same routine, except he will complain about everything.

Dh collapsed 6 times last night while getting ready for bed. Fortunately he was sitting on the bed and just slowly fell over and crumpled against the wall. Didn't lose consciousness or anything - just weak muscles. I don't know what to do about it - his doctor said to take him to the ER if he falls. Technically, he didn't fall. Sooo...after taking months to get the bedroom set up the way that I want it, I have to tear it all apart to make room for the inevitable EMT's to come get him. Perhaps a hospital bed? I don't even know how to deal with this stage of life.

On that sorry note, I have had a bowl of Cap'n Crunch (I should get a sugar rush any minute) and it's time for a shower. I hope to get some sewing and crocheting done before I run out of steam.

Have a nice day!

jampss, Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Another migraine hit yesterday afternoon/evening. I held out to finish the movie and then went up and took my meds and came back downstairs and laid on the couch. Everyone fended for themselves for dinner and I didn't even eat. I went up to bed early after drinking some tea that DD made me and taking a nap on the couch. I slept okay. I feel okay this morning but if I move the wrong way I can feel it spike up. I think i'll call the Neuro office this morning and ask some questions and see if this isn't a reaction to the botox. Maybe i'm allergic or having botox poisoning or something, my body just doesn't like it maybe? I don't know. I just know that i've never had a migraine last this long in my life and the only thing different is that I got the botox for my migraines. I have a very sore spot on the back of my head at one of the injection sites and it's been a week and a half since I had them. I don't think that's normal. My jaw is also sore off and on and during the night last night my achilles were aching, weird I know but I haven't been walking except around the house. I can't help but think it's connected somehow. I want to start with the neuro and if they say it's not the botox then i'll go to the PCM. I'm so tired of feeling like crap every single day, I think i'm depressed. And I have never really been depressed in my life. But all I do is lay or sit on the couch right now. I can't do anything because of pain. :(

No plans for today except trying to get some work done on my task before another migraine hits. Today is Eli's last day of Webex meetings. The official last day of school is next Thursday but they won't be doing anything until then when we drive through and pick up his things. It's cloudy again today and I wish it would just pour. I think i'll sit on the porch with my coffee for a bit and enjoy the breeze while I can. I'll need to get dinner prepped this morning as well because I won't be able to later.

Diedra- What recipe do you use for frozen hot chocolate?
    Lucie- Be careful, don't overexert yourself.
    Tricia- Rest today and catch a nap later.
    Jane- I wish I could sleep like my DH too. I need to make a budget. I keep track of all of our bills in a spreadsheet and what they have been in the past (years worth) so I know what to expect and can see how they have changed. I have a check register and keep track of our account so I know where we sit and I do all of our finances. If something were to happen to me i'm sure DH could figure it out but it would take a while. But I don't budget how much we can spend on groceries or this and that. We don't live paycheck to paycheck, but with retirement coming one of the items that we have to create is a budget. It's terrifying to me to be honest. I know I can do it and I can be pretty frugal when I need to be, but DH is of another mindset, so retirement is going to be interesting.
    Lisa- I hope you have students today to break up the time.
    Debbie- I hope the kids join you for camping! Surely DDIL can be persuaded for one long weekend. Staying in a cabin is better than a tent. haha
    Deb- I'm sorry you have to deal with this, especially right now. A hospital bed sounds like the most ideal situation maybe, although not the most comfortable. But I suppose you could get a topper for it to make it better.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. luludou

Afternoon!
    The desk is gone! wishing the rest of the stuff I posted would get some calls. Not a busy tele-working day. Had not ordered online since confinement... so this morning I ordered stuff on Walmart and Amazon.

Sat outside 10 minutes after lunch. It is hot out... so I finally took off my jeans and put on shorts.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. be glad when weekend comes to see some sunshine. made spaghetti for dinner. had 2 grandkids this morning. baby is 8 mths today growing like a weed. want to watch a good movie tonite, have agood night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Crazy noisy day around here today but teleworking goes on. Fortunately, I don't have to talk to anyone, just respond via email. The siding guys are hammering on the side of the house, the furnace guys are hammering in the laundry room, I hope the lawn guys come tomorrow instead of today or the mowing and weed-wacking will bring us to a crescendo. To top it all off, it's the coldest day for about a week and I am freezing in the house. I have a long-sleeved shirt, and a cardigan, and my fleece robe on top of that. Brrrrr.

I was hoping they would be done at a reasonable hour so I could get my license plates and run to the store but it's unlikely. The furnace guys still have to go under the house to fix a couple of piping issues and there's still a lot of siding to go up outside. I'll just have to run those errands tomorrow.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

I did some research and found that all of my symptoms are actually side effects of Botox. It can cause cold and flu like symptoms, headaches, etc. One site said from days 7-10 and another from days 10-14 are the days that some will see maximum side effects and after that they will dissipate and be gone. I sure hope so! I am on day 10 now.

I spoke to my friend for a while on the phone. They put in an offer on a house in Missouri, the sellers countered and they countered back this morning and are just waiting now to hear back. It was good to talk to her. DH is outside working on the nightstands and i'm going to start work on my task and try to get something accomplished.

Pamela- Stay warm! Hope you can get out to run your errands.
    Faye- The new Maleficent is a good one if you haven't seen it yet.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Friday here, I have not much on except going to DSIL house for her to do our taxes and I have the kids coming over for pizza this evening. It will be good to catch up with them.
    Mum just told me that she heard on the news that 25 Target stores are going to be closing. I hope that ours is not affected. Our big mall has Target, Kmart a bigger higher end department store and we are about to get TK MAXX. Our Kmart is useless and we don't often buy from the high end store so the shopping options are becoming limited. I think there is a real push for shopping online but I have had nothing but problems in every online order I have placed over the last few weeks. I think I will always be an in store, browse the aisles sort of shopper.

I think I will grab another cup of tea and get the day started.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. GrammaDeb

I'm actually having a good day! After dh "fell" so many times last night, I called dbil and told him I cannot be dsis's caregiver after her transplant - unless things change I need to stay home and take care of dh. Dbil was probably lying, but he said it was okay and they would deal with it. I know my sister is not okay with it. Now I just feel guilty for saying no, instead of being angry for being guilted to say yes.

And my doctor visit went well. My blood pressure was down from yesterday, probably because of my discussion with dbil. The doc was happy with me for losing 8# since my last visit with him. I learned a very important lesson to deal with him - distraction. I told him I don't know how they can wear the mask all the time because I can't breathe. And he went on and on about the virus and how to deal with it. He actually had some very good advice, and it kept him off my case.

Now I'm home, and I can enjoy my book and chocolate! Have a nice evening.

teachermomof2, halimer and Ahorsesoul like this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

No need to feel guilty that you are needed to take care of your husband. He comes first.

Second. No need to be angry about being guilted into saying yes in the first place. Take this time to decide how to handle the next time someone attempts to guilt you into something. The answer will be no but can be said in a polite way. So practice what you will say. Example: "Oh, I will have to check with my doctor to see if that will fit into my medical care plan. If I can, I will get back with you." My standard answer is "I take care of my disabled daughter and my husband is getting older so my plate if full. As I'm getting older too I find I can't do as much as I use to do."

My other standard answer to someone who is trying to get me to do something that is their job. "Sure I'll do that but then I won't have time to do (some really icky job I know the other person will not do) so you will need to do that job for me."

Good job with the doctor! And you got good information from him.

Nice job on the weight loss.

missjane, jampss and GrammaDeb like this.
  16. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I don't want to jinx it, but no migraine so far! I really hope that is the end of this cycle of pain that i've been on. I have been working on schoolwork and only have a few more sections of my class. I also watched most of the video for my task and pulled up an old lesson plan I wrote for another class to use for one of the tasks for this class (we are allowed to do that). I will need to tweak it so it will fit for this class but I think it will fit the bill and will save me some time. I'm going to kick DD off the Switch so I can have a turn. ;) Then I will start assembling dinner so I don't have to do it later, just in case. It's almost 3 p.m. here and i'll make DD help me. We're having a snack type dinner with pizza rollups, lil' pigs in blankets, chips and veggies and dip and crackers and cheese. Something for everyone.

Katrina- TJ Maxx is a great store! I hope your Target doesn't close. Have fun tonight with the kids.
    Deb- Good for you for saying no. You have enough on your plate and she will be fine. Glad your appointment went well and congrats on the weight loss!
    Diedra- I like all your responses!

GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  17. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Deb - so sorry that you are going through all of this with DH. Just remember that whatever you do, is the the right thing to do.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  18. GrammaDeb

Thank you for your advice. I knew you would have experience.

19. GrammaDeb

My day was going so well...and now here I sit with DH in the ER. Darn it! He fell again, and this time dsil & I couldn't get him up. It took 2 EMT'S and 4 firemen to muscle him out of the bedroom and onto some sort of chair and then outside and onto the gurney. Lovely. Dgd was quite impressed with the firemen..."They are so TALL!"

teachermomof2, Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  20. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Nope, fell asleep on the couch at 6pm! Slept for two hours and I'm still yawning so I'm calling it a night.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.