Thursday May 23rd 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 23, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends!

2. luludou

Did not do gym but I did take a 30 min walk before work, it was cold! All my computer backups are done (or supposed to be).
    Have a few more things to do and that will be done for awhile. Doing that this Morning.

Have a great day

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Lucie and All!

Stormed early a.m. but havent' been out to feed fish yet so don't know how much.

Hoping to work in front room but just Teigan and I so might get side tracked. LOL!

Tonight is a nieces graduation from grade school so my older sister Kim and I will go.

Last night thru bathroom window I heard a kitten meowing.

Somebody wants breakfast so better move along.

Have a GREAT everybody!!!!

4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It's cloudy and a little chilly. Expecting Lana's storms later!

Our AC was prepped for the summer and I moved some boxes into the basement. However, once I do one thing that has to be done I find another and tend to get sidetracked.

DH made an appointment for tomorrow to get his C-pap machine. Now I just have to hope he uses it!

Would like to make several stops today but will be happy if we just get to the commissary. That's the way it is sometimes.

Lana - sounds like Jaymee's place is almost ready!
    Lisa - hope you get no damage from the storms
    Lucie - glad that the backups are all taken care of - you've inspired me to go through my on line photos
    Jess - hope DS's other bloodwork turns out OK
    Katrina - great that you came in under budget
    Jane - I'm wondering what your big gift is too!

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

There were lots of tornadoes in Missouri last night. I texted my mom from Eli's practice to make sure they were okay. I think my stepdad is out of town for work so it was just her at home. She said they were getting storms and she thought there were some tornadoes spotted around the area but not directly by her. I'm sure it was a long night. She emailed this morning and said one had touched down near my brother in Jefferson City. My stepdad talked to him late last night. We always monitor the weather and the radar when storms are to come through of that magnitude, it's just what you do in the Midwest if your smart. haha Anyway, I just texted with my brother and he said it hit about a quarter mile from their house but they are okay and their house only took light damage. Jefferson City is decimated though.

I don't have anything on my schedule today until DS's PT appointment this afternoon. I have to go to fill out paperwork. I am going to do some review first thing this morning and then take my preassessment and get it out of the way. Then i'm going to workout since i've been slacking. I do need to get to the Commissary after I get a list together.

Lucie- A walk sounds nice!
    Lana- Are you guys supposed to get any of those bad storms that went through Missouri?
    Debbie- I need to get your motivation to get things done. I have been slacking lately.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. luludou

Had Spanish at noon - been awhile since we had lunch altogether.

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon.

Jennifer and I are going to go see POMS this afternoon. I am cold right now. Put on jeans and a sweatshirt because it is FREEZING in here.

I hope you are all sitting down. Last night, I put all of my clean laundry away AND put clean sheets on my bed! Do you think that is why Mother Nature is not so nice? I do miss my Rocky today, and my little love, Brysen. Steve and Mel each put on a new picture of him on FB. How I love that little boy, as well as my fur boy.

My tailbone is hurting again, so I guess I should get up and move around. Praying for everyone's safety. My DSIL has still not been able to get in the fields yet. I am concerned that the crops won't be very good this year. Which is not a good thing for any farmer. Or consumer, because that will drive up the cost of food. But it is all in the Lord's hands!

Jane, congratulations to you! I am beyond thrilled for you!
    Lucie, way to go on walking this morning.
    Lana, enjoy time with Tiegan and also the graduation.
    Debbie, I, too, need your motivation today.
    Jess, good to know that your Missouri family is ok.

Now, everyone stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

its a nice day out enjoy it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Afternoon all MHHers

DD for a pedicure this morning. I had a manicure while I waited. Then we stopped at the Bakery for donuts (gluten free) and then went to a small park for a quick walk. By then DD was ready for a nap. She just got up from her nap and is having lunch. Nothing else on the schedule. It looks like it might rain later.

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

DS got one about 2 1/2 months ago and he had to use it 30 consecutive nights for at least 4 hours straight for the insurance to pay for it. It had some sort of digital monitor built in that monitors hours of use.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. missjane

Hello, sweet friends.

Today was teacher work day and my last official work day. My big gift IS a picnic table! I also got two Armetale pewter platters in the pattern that I like! My CW gave me a beautiful apron that she made. And, the club I co-sponsor gave me a $50 gift card to Lowe's! I got lots of hugs, too. It was a little bit sad walking out of my classroom for the last time.

I helped my sister move the last of her things our of her classroom at her school and handed off my keys to her. Tomorrow, she's going to take some boxes up there. I told her to call me if she needs help. I really hope she enjoys the new job. Saturday, we'll be going to the state park campground where we have a cabin rented Saturday and Sunday night. Always a nice little get away at the end of school.

It's 90+ here today. Way too hot for the end of May. I am going to have to water my little garden tomorrow and spray it. The potatoes are ready to be dug. I better start early because it's too hot to be in the sun for very long.

Lucie, it's been a while since you did Spanish. I plan to start walking in the mornings or afternoons. Time to start taking care of myself.
    Pam, hope you enjoy the movie!
    Faye, hope you had some time outside. We jumped from mild, pleasant to hot and humid!
    Debbie, I know how you feel about losing track of what you're doing. I'm bad about doing that. Was is CEO that said take a basket from room to room and if there's something there that goes somewhere, just put it in the basket or make a pile?
    Lana, do you want a kitten? Hope you and Teigan accomplished a lot today.
    Diedra, a manicure and pedicure sounds nice.
    Jess, I hate coaches like that. It's unusual, but not unheard of, for a boy's iron to be low.

Gotta run...DSG#1 has a ballgame in about thirty minutes.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

The C-pap monitoring system is great. It is a requirement for medicare to pay for the equipment. I guess they can ask for reimbursement costs. I think some other insurances do the same. I know I wouldn't keep the thing on. DD is the same way. It might work Dh. I do not think he's as light a sleeper as I am. I can't stand things on my face.

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Took DD to the doctor this morning because her left leg has been hurting her the past 2 days. The doctor looked her over, made her do a bunch of things and said she was fine. DD can't pinpoint where her pain is so the doctor said to just watch it and hopefully it will localize or go away.

DH just reserved me a Can Am Spyder for 24 hours for Sunday/Monday! I'm excited to be able to try one out to see how I like it. I've been studying all morning and am almost through all the slides. I'm still hoping to get my preassessment done today.

The Commander called me earlier and he is planning on getting a cake and doing something for DH on his 20 year military anniversary next month. He wants it to be a surprise so I can't say anything but he wants the kids and I to come for it.

I better get busy studying again!

Jane- Very nice presents for your retirement! I wish we could all be there to celebrate with you!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is cool here this morning but should warm up nicely.
    I am going to have a busy day doing nothing. I need to sit at DD and BF house waiting for the plumber to look at the dishwasher, then I am meeting friends for lunch. So a lot of sitting around for me today. While at DD I will start to organise my new recipe book. I want to tidy it up and put in some sections. Bee n meaning to do it for a while, may as well start today.

Jane, a bittersweet day for you, amazing gifts to remember your career.
    Jess, nice that they want to acknowledge DH 20 years of service.

15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again! Got some rain earlier but it is clear now - might get more with the storms later.

Got to the commissary, also the Container store to make a return and Trader Joe's. Not bad - some more to do tomorrow. Bought extra food in case DS and DDIL decide to come out.

DH spoke to his friend who recently got a c-pap so he will go confidently to his appointment tomorrow.

Jane - I love Armetale. For years we ate off Armetale pewter plates.
    Jess - how great to have a celebration for Chad
    Pam - you got a lot done today

16. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

Just wanted to say hello! It's starting to thunderstorm here now, after nothing all day. Praying it goes through without damage.

So glad tomorrow is Friday!

~peace~

17. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Howdy

Jane - Happy Retirement!!

Today was my last work day for the week, I have tomorrow off. I am really enjoying my new job, the people I work with are wonderful and I love working closer with the patients. The weather is supposed to be fairly nice this weekend, so I am hoping to spend as much time as I can outside. I have a lot of work to get done out there.

Good night.

18. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Very quick check-in tonight. Busy doing, laundry, packing, planning for being gone for a week. My neighbor is checking the mail and keeping an eye on the house. Home from work tomorrow to put the last things in my bag and then it's off to the airport shuttle. I hope I will be able to sleep on the plane.

Hope I can post while I'm there - Internet is spotty at best but I'll try.

Have a great Memorial Day holiday weekend and Happy May Rudolph Day on Saturday!

19. missjane

That would have really been nice!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. missjane

Thanks, Mel!

Ahorsesoul likes this.