Thursday May 3rd 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 3, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning Friends! 7C here right now with rain... and I thought I would be able to take a small walk this morning around the office building.... pffff!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie and all who follow!

It's very warm here this morning....should get into the 80s. It's windy and storms are to roll in today. I'm hoping they hold off until after school. We need to go outside and play. I'm sure that I will have extra kids today....one teacher has an appointment and another dropped a lawn tractor on his toes and is going to have that checked today. My special is cancelled for talent show try-outs for the next 4 days. :rolleyes: I'm not sure why that is okay. Then she will cancel again for the talent show rehearsals and the day of the show. The principal doesn't have an issue with that for some reason....smh. So.....happy Thursday.

Hope you have a blessed day!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have the breakfast casserole in the oven for DH's work potluck. We made it together last night. He cooked the sausage and bacon and I assembled the rest. :) The big news around the islands is the potential eruption of Kilauea on the Big Island as there has been a lot of seismic activity there as of late. They have closed a good portion of the park and are preparing the residents for the possibility of evacuation to another part of the island. We are supposed to go there the 1st of June so I hope whatever is going to happen, happens before then.

I have the first Zoom call in one of my groups in about half an hour for the new program but I have to take the kids to school so will try to listen before we leave and then will watch the recording later and my Commissary Focus Group is later this morning. The parts for DH's bike should be here today or tomorrow, hoping for today. Nothing else on the agenda for today. I need to get cube steaks in the crockpot for dinner tonight so I don't have to worry about that and then just make sides this evening.

Hi Lucie and Lisa!

Enjoy your day!

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hello to all. work was very slow this morning i was glad to be over with my shift. its 86 suppose to go to 91 but we have anice breeze. stopped bt the cghistmas tree shop and got a tablecloth paper plates and napkins all design with flip flops on them. like to use for cookouts. im getting a new umbrella for the deck next week

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

It's over...it's over...it's over...done...survived it...got the T-shirt! After a couple of potential snafus that were quickly resolved, we had a great turnout at the charity event and the organization representatives were very grateful for the awards. We are very grateful for all they do for our military community. And now...back to life at a less-hectic pace!

If you shot up prayers, good wishes, crossed your fingers, or just gave me a quick thought, I truly appreciate it. I had the help, physical and other, of an amazing group of people to make this event a success and I count you all in that group. Love my MHH family.

Lolwlias and luludou like this.
  6. MrsSoup

Yay Pamela! So glad the event is over and went off without a hitch! Congratulations on a job well done!

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It's a beautiful sunshiney day, after 2 days of gray rainy weather.

The lady I sit with had a hip replaced on Monday. She was home on Tuesday, and I visited this morning. Her DH will work tomorrow so I will sit with her for a few hours. Poor thing - she ripped off her bandage and asked her DH why he put staples in her leg. She is much more relaxed at home.

DD and I went for mani/pedis and I got a haircut - I would love to say I feel pretty. But mostly I just feel tired.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and hot today. It did hit 90* yesterday and it aiming for that again! No spring, just summer.

Today I'm off to BJ's for the rest of my shopping. I should be back fairly early and can work on some more putting away and and such. DH went to the dentist yesterday but his tooth still hurts so he will be going again

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Woke up to heavy rain. It is lovely as we have not had rain for a long time.
    Busy day, off to work early to speak to the Estate agent about a few issues that boss and I are having. Then work and then this afternoon we are interviewing 2 for the position. Hopefully one of them will be what we are looking for. After work I will be meeting a group of friends for dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. Home and straight to be I would think.

Pamela, glad that the event is over and was a success.

Please take care today and for all who are feeling unwell I hope recovery is soon,
    Much love.

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

pamela congrats glad its done

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Our town is on America Inside Out on National Geographic, Johnstown, Pa. Its available On Demand. One of my former students, a great kid, Tyler is featured, as well as my current superintendent. The neighborhood I grew up in is also shown, (the drug user). It made me pretty sad. This is the town I teach in, and live just outside of.....it may give you an idea of the area. My dad was employed by the steel mill mentioned, as were my uncles, and grandfather before them.

12. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I listened to the recording of the first Zoom call this morning and then watched a recorded show and went to my Commissary Focus group. I got a job lead as a vendor stocker. I talked to DH about it and will be emailing the lady shortly. I can make my own hours, but have to go in to stock during the Commissary's closed hours. I don't get paid by the hour, but by the amount of product that I stock. It is a 7 day a week job. I'm hoping that DS can pick up a line of his own when he turns 16 and then we can go in together to work. I plan on going in as soon as the store closes to get started and get my stocking done. Once I get comfortable with the job, I can pick up more lines and make more money.

I'm home now until time to get DD. Eli has Spanish after school so we'll have to wait for him for a change. The veggie soup I tried today wasn't very good so I should find something else for lunch. I tried Campbell's Old Fashioned yesterday and it was fine, today I tried Annie's Organic and didn't care for it much so only had a few bites. No potatoes and not much flavor.

I have two more containers of water to drink and i'll be at 64 oz. I got my first two down pretty quickly this morning and then slowed down a lot because of my meeting.

13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!

Yay PamelaG for a job well done!
    Katrina enjoy the Chinese food
    Jess - congrats on the job! :)
    Lisa - you do such a great job at school, wish you had the admini support.
    GrammaDeb - get some rest
    Halimer - summer in NY? nice! we are very much in the spring part of the year... rain, cold, windy, wish it was just a little warmer (not too much!)

No gym this morning, lunch was Spanish. very very busy once again. oh and our secretary was back today but she left early saying she wasn't feeling well.... will have been ANOTHER very short week for her. Not sure she shows up tomorrow, but 3 of us have to pick up the slack (and the backlog) and we are getting pretty tired of it all. I was trying to clear out the outbox she takes care of ... 1300 emails!! now down to 300, will do more tomorrow. trying to file or delete unnecessary... then will be the cleanup of the outlook filing system... it looks like a real mess! Finished at 5:15, so glad ham potatoes & carrots were in the crockpot.
    Just finished the dishes. dh is gone to his guitar lesson.
    Hoping to sleep better tonight... was awake at 2:30 for the day :( yuck! with night sweats and sore stomach all morning.

ah well, long weekend ahead :) 4 days for me :)

'Night

14. MrsSoup

Lucie- I don't have the job yet, but thank you!

I emailed the woman about the job so just waiting to hear back about how to officially apply or get started. I took a catnap this afternoon before leaving to pick up the kids. I just got so tired. I need to go shopping for veggies and figure out what my meals are going to look like from here on out. I need/want to make up some chicken salad. I bought some rolls for it and they are going to go bad unless I put them in the freezer.

After getting Eli from Spanish, the car wouldn't start so I had to have DH come jump it. He tested the battery when we got home and it was putting out enough voltage so he doesn't want to go buy a new one. I better not get stranded at Tripler tomorrow when we're there for DS's ultrasound. :rolleyes: I suppose I should get started on the sides for dinner. I made cube steaks in the crockpot so am thinking mashed potatoes and some type of veg.

Later!

teachermomof2 likes this.