Thursday Nov 8 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 8, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH friends!

2. luludou

It is so dark in the Morning now. Think I'm having menopause symptoms again (had them for a month and a half last winter)…. awake by 2:15, headaches, tired, and lots of hot flashes. yuck!

No gym today for me so I'll browse the net for online gifts.

Jess - teenage years … so NOT easy.

Have a great day

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I think I'm finally adjusting to the time change. Too many life events going on earlier to let my body adjust, and just trudged through them all to get to this point.

DS and Dniece got home around 3:30 Monday morning, and I did take the day off to drive my Mama, who was still awake then they got to her house at 3:30, which means it was even after that before she went to bed, to work. She's 83 and it's over an hour drive to where she was working that day. I was concerned she would fall asleep driving.

DH and I worked at the voting polls Tuesday, so another long day. We had to be there at 5:30, so we were up at 4:30 and the polls close at 8:00, but then the machines have to be closed and everything tabulated and delivered to the clerk of court's office.

It has turned cold here. A high of only 58 today with rain. Our football team is in the play-offs. It's supposed to be 35 that night! Yikes! We'll dismiss at noon tomorrow because it's almost a 4 hour drive to the school we're playing against.

I have Halloween packed and need to take it to the storage shed. I haven't put out any Christmas. I always wait until after Thanksgiving to put it out. I love decorating for fall and want to enjoy it a while.

Lucie, have you tried any of the herbal supplements for the hot flashes? It's aggravating! Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you all have a great day!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Another goodbye today, off to brunch with a friend. I've pretty much been confined to the house with inventory and packing so I'm really looking forward to seeing her. Christmas room/overflow pantry room done, moving on to the craft room upstairs today. Vic and one of his co-workers drove from San Diego to Los Angeles yesterday for part two of their inspection. They stopped at some tourist sites in Hollywood and Beverly Hills, Vic was like a kid in a candy store with all the sights and I'm sure his phone is loaded with photos.

Jess - I feel your pain. Children are a blessing but raise your hand if you would gladly have given one or more of your teenagers up for adoption at one point or another! Remember these trying moments, they are good to reference when your adult children complain about THEIR teenagers :rolleyes:.

5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Pamela and Jess.... Sigh, I am dealing with a stubborn teenager. He seems to know everything. There were a few afternoons I sat on the back porch and cried. One day "I" even threatened to run away. My kid likes to say things to "attempt" to shock me. I would say though 80% of the time, he makes me proud. I have 2 more years of the "teen trials". He is very much like he was when he was two and three years old-- "I do it myself".

My teen now wants coffee in the morning before school. It is better than him spending his hard earned money buying expensive coffee at coffee shops or grocery stores. Guess when hubby gets back into town they will have to go coffee shopping and get all the fancy flavorings and creamers. Hubby just like plain ole' coffee.

Yesterday was frustrating. My sewing machine broke. I just about cried. Something to do with the motor or belt. It is a 1950s' sewing machine (cast iron). I am praying and hoping and praying that we can find the necessary parts without breaking the bank. I love my old machine... I would not give it up for a new fangled plastic one. I am in the middle of making Christmas gifts. I am kinda freaking out. I wanted to have everything done early this year. Maybe sewing right up to Christmas Eve. :(

It is brrr out. I went out to feed the birds in my pj's and bathroom. About froze.

Well... my dog is pestering me for some food. Guess I better say.... see ya later.

Oh yea... I posted a yummy recipe up on my blog (I made it yesterday for supper... so good).

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good Morning all! Sunny and chilly today. Trying my hand at 2 handed typing - not really ready for it yet....

Hand is doing ok and took the pain pills to sleep. I'm sure it will be better over the next day or so...

Yes, teenagers are something. I remember impassioned arguments with DS when he decided he was not going to college. But, we live thorough it all!

Hugs to everyone!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept well, must have been all the anger and stress. LOL I slept through DH calling me. He called DD and she came into my bedroom to check on me. I had literally just fallen asleep so I had her tell him to call me. He did and we spoke for a few minutes and then I went right back to sleep. I have decided to take Eli back to the doctor this morning. He's still coughing up a storm and his nose is really runny again. I don't feel like it's safe to be giving him this cough medicine and liquid Sudafed every day for two weeks. And he shouldn't still be coughing like this almost a month later. Time to try something else. He'll go to school and then i'll pick him up for his appointment. His choice.

I was going to go to Stroller Warriors but I won't be able to now. I may go for a short run after I get the kids off to school. I did floors last night and want to tackle something else today, maybe the kitchen. I'm tired of the house looking like crap because the kids don't do their chores, so i'll just do it and they won't get their allowance. Simple enough. Over it! DH will be home at some point today from the field.

Lucie- Sorry about your symptoms!
    Jane- Glad they mafe it in!
    Pamela- Enjoy brunch today! Oh yes, the stories I will tell to my grandchildren!
    Carrie- Yes! I have 2 more years as well. The problem is that I want mine to do it himself and he's too darn lazy. He NEEDS to do it himself and just won't. I did leave yesterday, couldn't take it anymore. haha
    Debbie- Take it easy with that hand! The impassioned arguments are what are killing me right now. Because i'm 100% wrong and he's always right, of course. ARGH! Teens!

I knew you all would understand!

Enjoy your day!

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We are cold and windy today. I'm not ready to close windows yet, so...brrr.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday with my diabetic doc. I don't normally see a doctor unless I'm dying, so it irritates me to have to go every 3 months, but it's the only way I can get my meds refilled. My new insurance company is telling me I need to see a primary care doc, so that's even more visits that I have a bad attitude about.

My 5 kids were all teens at the same time - thought I would lose my mind. (One day a friend knocked on the door, holding a jar of marbles. She said, "I heard you lost your marbles...I found them." Made me laugh.) Now my kids are my best friends. We fostered teens for many years...what was I thinking???

Thinking of you all. Have a great day.

luludou and MrsSoup like this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Up early for my weekly Drs appointment. Lost weight again this week after not losing any last week, that was pleasing. It is hard work following the plan I am on and if I hadn't lost this week I was tempted to give up. Dr would like me to lose another 8 kgs (17 pound) by the end of the year. I am not sure that that is possible with Christmas coming soon.

Waiting for the aircon tradesman who forgot to come last week. He says he will be here between 10-12 today. Interesting to see if he remembers today.
    Better get moving and start some chores.

luludou likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Doctor put Eli on antibiotics and an inhaler (albuterol). She also put in a referral for ENT (guess she never put it in before) for his nosebleeds and another referral to Neurology (for the headaches) since the last one got denied. She also put in a referral for Optometry (headaches) to rule out a problem with his eyesight being the cause of his headaches. I was able to make that appointment for tomorrow afternoon so i'll have to pick him up a little early from school. We grabbed his meds from the pharmacy and then went to the PX and got lunch. We came home and I gave him his first doses. He started on his homework and said that his legs felt weak and his heart was beating fast. A while later he had developed a headache as well, all side effects from the albuterol. Hopefully they'll go away as he gets used to it. He seems fine now.

My chest has been crappy feeling again today so i've been on the couch since we got home. I finished my book and am now watching Manifest from Monday. DH just walked in and went upstairs to shower, assuming he's home for the rest of the day but we'll see. I did some homework this morning but need to finish up this last unit so I can start studying and do the preassessment.

Deb- That's too funny about the marbles!
    Katrina- Hope he shows up this time! Congrats on the weight loss.

11. luludou

Welll.... my weird angry cw... came in today saying it would be a rough day but that at least seeing me there makes here day and puts a smile on her face! say what??! I'm just trying to stay neutral and not be too friendly because I don't want to be associated with her. she left again before the regular time but I heard they are building a case against her. She is reaping what she sowed.

a few errands after work. got Christmas card and bday card for MIL. Got candies for sil's gift. Will fill these up with $$ and that's 2 more gifts completed. Found the yarn to finish my shawl :)
    Saw lots of Christmas, was so nice!

'Night

12. MrsSoup

Picked up Christmas stamps today!!

13. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, hope that Eli feels better soon. Christmas stamps means that things are getting close.
    Tradesman turned up and finished the job. He was a nice young man and apologised about missing last week.
    I am deep cleaning the loungeroom, cleaning the couch with alcohol, smells fresh. Still have a few more things to do before stopping for the night.
    Must hang all the throws out to air.
    Not sure what is for dinner, DH wants a fritatta so I can perhaps make that.

luludou likes this.
  14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Attended a Medicare seminar this evening and just emailed pertinent information to them. They have program that they run the info through and can recommend the top 3 plans that will work for us. I can tell you that this is not an easy thing to do and we have to do it every year! We don't pay anything the insurance company pays them the fee is the same for any company chosen.
    Tomorrow morning we leave for St Paul to get things ready for the wedding. We have a groom's dinner at 7:00 at a Russian restaurant.

Excited to see DD as a bride. She is so sweet and kindhearted. Just pray all goes well and if not, we can laugh our way through any issues.
    We will be heading to SD after the wedding for a few days.

Take care everyone. I will miss you.

luludou likes this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Dress warm MissJoDee. It’s very cold up in the Twin Cities. We have new snow on the ground from tonight.

16. MrsSoup

Jody- Have a safe trip and i'm sending good thoughts that all goes well!

17. sweetpumkinpye

Jody- sending you the very best wishes for a great event.

18. luludou

Jody - enjoy the wedding :) Have fun!