Thursday November 21st 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 21, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning Christmas friends!
    0515-0912-0901-3944_friends_holding_hands_at_christmas.jpg

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Today is work, Spanish at noon, then back to work. Have to pick up ds's dog tonight as they have Something after work. dh has guitar lessons. I have to figure out what to wear tomorrow since afterwork we are going bowling followed by supper and music with the girls. I guess the easiest is bite the bullet and pay for parking here so I can have my car to leave when I want.
    Did gym because tomorrow probably have too much to think of .

Have a good day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

To be in 60s today with rain and raining now. I heard rain when I woke up in the early a.m..

Jess, the dress looks awesome!

Last night after work Allen and I ran to Mt. Vernon. He went to Express Care. Was there 16 days ago with a cough and it isn't gone yet so I wanted him checked again. They did X-rays and said his chest was clear. Gave him stronger meds. Upper resp. is really going around and seems to stay 2 or 3 months. I have been coughing before Allen. My throat hurts today. We got a few things at Wal-Mart and I returned a few things to Kohls (and got more). Didn't hit a couple store I wanted too.

My time off will be cleaning, decorating and crafting.

Happy Birthday to the kids Pam.

Guess I will go shower and then will head to see Aunt Imogene, get Christmas stamps go by a bank there for her. Hoping the gift shop will have some of the bazaar items in there from Tuesday. Allen did get me a couple ornaments. Since they moved it from Friday of deer season I never get there now.

Have a GREAT day everybody! It is pouring now. Ryan will tend to the cows in the rain.......... Life at dairy farm job.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Everybody!

I am going to take it a little bit at a time today. Things are beginning to get busy for me now. It is always something. I am gonna run out of money and time if I don't watch things more closely. I still don't have all my shopping done, either.

Jessica, what a gorgeous dress. You will be the belle of the ball!

There is so much to do that I don't know where to begin. I think getting dressed would be a great place to start. It is cloudy out there, and we are to have rain. Yuck. Typical November weather for Indiana. I remember one November back in the 80s when it rained every. single. day. Talk about depressing!

Have a lovely day, Family. Stay safe and be blessed. TTYL!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I ended up taking some Nyquil last night before bed. My nose was all stuffed up and it's been making my mouth and face hurt. It definitely helped me sleep! It's still stuffed up this morning, my mouth/face doesn't hurt at the moment but i'm sure that will come back. If that continues i'll try to get in for an appointment, but as Lana said it's going around and i'm really not feeling awful since it hasn't fully developed for me, just the stuffiness and slight coughing.

I have a completely 100% free schedule today!! I am going to stay home I think and work on some decorating and schoolwork. I may have to run out and pick up garland and Command hooks at some point. I really need to go empty my car at a Thrift Shop as well. I want to run Alice upstairs too. I do need to get to the Commissary in addition to the rest. Looks like maybe I won't be just staying at home afterall. :rolleyes: Tomorrow I will take my dress somewhere to be hemmed, today i'll research somewhere to take it.

Lucie- Tomorrow evening sounds like a fun time! Could you bring clothes to change into if necessary?
    Lana- Thank you! Glad it hasn't developed into something more serious for Allen given his history.
    Pam- Thank you! Just take it one step at a time, you don't have to do a lot for people and if you have to cut back, don't stress it. No one will mind i'm sure. Things happen!

Enjoy your day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny today and a little warmer than yesterday, Rain tomorrow - ugh.

Buffy is at a Thanksgiving party today and will probably come out looking like a turkey. Also confirmed her reservation for next week when we go up to Syracuse for Thanksgiving.

My evening project has been printing out a years worth of photos that I will scrap when we get to FL in January. During the day I really must start straightening up. DH and I need to do a bit of shopping today but that should be it.

Jess - it's amazing how the free days disintegrate into chore days
    Lucie - sounds like a lovely evening out
    Pam - Jess sent good advice - take it slow
    Lana - hope your vacation is off to a good start!

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I rented a storage locker right behind my apartment building. I used to have one in there. I don't have to pay until Dec. 1. Now I can get some of the crap, I mean, totes out of here. Need more totes, tho. Not going to use cardboard boxes. I learned my lesson the last time I had one. Lost tons of my sister's books. Not happy.

It is very windy out today. We were having wind gusts up to 30 mph! I walked over to the office, and just had on my sweatshirt and jeans. I wasn't quite frozen when I got home! I spilled the beans about the people in my old apartment. There is a big dog up there. I would say about 50 or 60 lbs. it was a couple at one time, but have not seen the young man for a while.

I could use a nap right now. My car was not worked on last night, because one if the guys had to work over. So they will try for this afternoon! Hope they can do it all. So had best not take a nap.

Hope you are still having a great day!

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Friday here and I am off to work to cover for a CW whose mother has had surgery. Hopefully a quick day. I will meed DD in the mall after work and we will get nails done. While I am there I will pick up some tea towels that might be useful for Christmas gifts for next year. May as well pick them up now so that I can work
    on them. Not sure if DD and I will grab dinner.
    Tomorrow DH and DS need to go the DH fathers house. He is getting an electric bed delivered next week and they have to clear out the front room so that the bed will fit. There is so much clutter and furniture in there I do not know what they are going to do with it. DSIL said they might have to toss it and tell their father it is in storage. :rolleyes: I am sure that he will not be happy that his "treasures" are missing but he wants this bed and has told them to clear space so that is what they will do.

Smokey outside from all the bush fires around us, the sky looks eerie.

Best head off, have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

No schoolwork done today so far. I made a meal plan while watching DVRed episodes of shows and then my grocery list. I headed out to Target to pick up pre-lit garland and Command hooks. I also found a Minecraft and a Harry Potter 15 days of Socks for Eli and DD. Then I headed to the Commissary and got the shopping done. Now i'm home with everything put away and am eating lunch. I'm getting a bit of a headache, but I must get some work done whether it's schoolwork or Christmas decorating, something needs to happen around here!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again!

Got what we needed at PX and Costco with a stop at a new Italian grocery that opened a few blocks away. Had dinner at Panera and picked up Buffy. Tonight I will try and finish up printing the photos and maybe knit. Most other things seem to be up to date.

Tomorrow will go to Orvis (for DH),k Container store and maybe Home Goods and Target. DS and DDIL may come out over the weekend so perhaps that will be impetus for DH to clean up.

Jess - good shopping trip
    Katrina - wow! planning for 2020 already!
    Pam - just try not to fill up the storage unit with too much "stuff"

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone!

Busy days at work. I still like what I'm doing at work, but I swear Dr. R is like trying to work for a jack rabbit. He sets his mind on one thing and the next day, he's mind is off in another direction, and what you did the day before is all for nothing. If we ever get all this running smoothly, it will be a miracle! I have an assistant who is wonderful...absolutely wonderful. She was a classmate of DD26's.

We had a pounding for a girl at work yesterday. Another one is getting married in December, so I'm sure we'll do something for her, too. I need to find out if we give an office gift to Dr. R. I'm sure we do, because that's how we did his BD.

My mom's car has been in the shop this week, so I've been picking her up in the mornings. She's been using my car to go to work. DH's trunk needs to go in the shop, and next week would be a good time, but I doubt he'll do it. I'm sure they'll be closed Thursday and Friday. It's his call, though...so....

Three day work week next week...yay!!

DD22 is sick. She's went to Affinity care last night and is running fever today. I hope she comes tomorrow and gets shots.

Jess, nice dress! A day off is never really a day off, is it?
    Diedra, I hope everything with your check-up goes well. DH will definitely have a greater appreciation for your culinary skills after all of this.
    Pam, be sure you really want those things you're putting into storage. That's an added expense each month.
    Katrina, I'm so sorry DH and his family are having to go through that with his dad. We have the same situation with my mom about stuff. I just don't know where she gets it all from...or why?
    Debbie, was Buffy a good turkey? ;)
    Lana, I hope DH is careful and takes care of himself.
    Lucie, I agree with Jess...could you take clothes and change? Sounds like a fun night planned. I would want my car, too.

Rest well, everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Got home about 12:15. Got taco salads at a place in Nashville who always has them on Thursday. Got my stamps here at Ashley while getting Aunt Imogenes mail, ran to Dollar General for Depends and a card for her great great great nieces bday for her and while there I brought $59.00 worth of stuff. They had 135 ft of wrapping paper that is usually $3.00 on sale for $1 so got 7 rolls of paper, then 7 packs of name tags, and 7 rolls of tape and their set of 8 gift bags that are $5 were on sale for $1.00 so got 2 and we took it straight to BCMW for a donation. They run short on it at times during the holidays at times. Also got myself some things. Ornament kits for the kids to do on Thanksgiving Day. I DID NOT NEED ANY PAPER BUT...... From there went to the bank for Aunt Im and to see her. Afterwards to a grocery store and finally home.

Allen dyed a shirt and working on it for Teigans Indian costume for Tuesday. A white turned to dark so this other one we brought last night was a rusty peach and it works good dyed.

Teigan is here and we played and played dolls after school. She is coughing too.

I better go work on more putting more beads on.

This I am adding on to.

Allen took over beading.....thats okay with me.

Christmas tree has 337 ornaments. Have several more homemade but...........

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Totally forgot to stop in - busy day at work, busy at home and now it's bed time! Ugh, the time goes so quickly. Never mind, it's Fri-YAY tomorrow and then the weekend. I'm off to a big craft fair, my favorite one on Saturday, just going to wander around a little and soak up all the amazing talent that will be on display. I need a tree skirt for the second tree, I hope the lady who does all the fabric items will be there and I have instructions from Sophia to look for one with dogs on it. Certainly don't need any ornaments, but who knows what will be there!

Night night, hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Miss Jane, it is so frustrating and annoying and sad. He thinks everything is worth money, all his things are very rare or can be fixed and sold. He has something like 8 coffee machines in his house that someone gave him as "payment"for work that he did. None of them work and even if they did DH father only drinks tea. When we asked if we could throw them out he was very upset and told us no.
    We will just do enough to keep him safe while he is alive and we will tackle the rest later.

missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We helped pack up someone’s basement for a move. The husband traveled several times a week. He collected every tiny soap, shampoo and conditioner. I suggested to empty the shampoo all into a large bottle to use for cleaning the bathtub. Oh no, he wanted them all left as is even if they didn’t use them. We filled a very large box with all the tiny bottles probably now stored in the new house. They had 8 brand new coffee pots in their boxes. Was unbelievable at all the stuff and none of it was going to be used ever.

missjane likes this.