Thursday November 29 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 29, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World! :)

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Was awake by 3:30 but at least I'm not feeling tired right now. No gym this Morning - a day of rest.

Yesterday, ex-boss and team capitain asked me if I could help them out on some things. Sure I do have some time when I'm less busy. they'll come back to me so we'll see.

Have my flu vaccine this Morning at 8:30 and Spanish at lunch, that's my day!

Have a great day

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Lucie and All

I think I am going to get ready and cut some burp tags and wash cloths out. Off today.

Would like to bring in some more items to decorate the inside since only the tree is up.

Like the norm not enough hours in the day!

Got a color, trim and wax last night so that is done until after first of year. Well, will get waxed again maybe twice/

Have a Great day!

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!!

I am having a productive day. Dishwasher is loaded, pillows are fluffed and Kiddo is off to school.

I also got my recipe up on my blog and linked on social media. I am still figuring out twitter..

I get to clean bathrooms today. Lucky me.

Not much else planned except maybe some knitting or embroidering. I am so close to being done with the baby blanket.

Stay warm everyone.

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Everyone is sleeping here so all is quiet. Dog and cat are feed and happy. I’m drinking my breakfast shake looking out the window at the snow that came during the night. It’s very cold so I think I can just use the leaf blower to get it off the deck.

DD wants to make her friend another pillow. LC1 had her start one yesterday and DD finished after dinner. She was so proud.

I have to set up a time for a friend to come over for a photo shoot and to give her a Christmas gift. I’m getting her a passport. Her church often goes to Canada to visit its sister church but she hasn’t been able to go yet. Then I have one other gift to come up with and I’ll be done. DS ripped his coat the other day so we ordered him one. Dh found a great deal on one.

Dh received a thank you phone call and photos of his grandkids with the gifts they picked out. They were just beaming with delight. Some kind of hunting guns for them. They live on the East coast so we just send them money.

Christmas cards are all out. I hope I remembered to sigh them all. It’s easy for me to forget once I get on a roll putting them together. One of the downsides of life when you get older. lol

Yesterday Dh helped me move the desk we have his computer on in his bedroom. We put one side end against the wall instead of the long way. Now both of us can use the desk at the same time. My computer is right behind his so we can both sit at the desk facing each other.

DD is up so I’m off to help her with her bath. Enjoy your day.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

My top priority this morning is to move these empty totes and boxes out of here and to the garage. DH can deal with them from there. I will keep what still needs to go up in the house decoration-wise but the boxes can go. I'm tired of them sitting here clogging up the backdoor entrance and taking up space waiting to go out. I'm half tempted to bring the ladder in and hang garland and then do the lights on the front of the house, but DH is better at doing it so the cords all line up to get to the outlet nicely and such. I need to get some command hooks to hang a couple wreaths on the porch and maybe one on the laundry room door window.

I need to do the bills and checkbook this morning because we should have gotten paid. DD has a follow up doctor's appointment this afternoon for her cough but that is the only scheduled thing for me today. DS and DH are going to see Kevin Hart this evening. It was DS's birthday present. They'll probably leave early and grab dinner first. I hope they have a great time.

I need to make a to-do list for myself for the day otherwise i'll sit here and do nothing. Eli brought home some salt dough ornaments from Scouts last night that I need to bake today. I had some presents get delivered yesterday so I really need to sit down and look at my list and think about what else I need to get and think about stockings and the elves coming on Saturday.

I think I didn't come back on yesterday so I haven't mentioned that DD is most likely going to be recasted by the end of this week or early next week. The metatarsal bar they prescribed isn't helping at all so I called yesterday to let the doctor know. The nurse said she wouldn't see the doctor until today but would talk to her about what she wanted to do and call me back today. She was looking at the calendar for recasting DD because the doctor will be gone a little bit at the end of December and she will most likely want to do a complete do over on the casting, so 4 weeks. Anyway, if that's what the doctor wants to do then they will get her in ASAP to get it on. DD said she will get a black cast this time. :p

Lucie- I still need to get DD and Eli their flu shots now that they've stopped coughing.
    Lana- I agree, not enough hours! Enjoy your day off!
    Carrie- I, too, need to clean bathrooms. Heading to check out your blog.
    Diedra- Awesome job Vanessa! Does she use the sewing machine or hand sew the pillows?

Enjoy your day!

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

This was a no sew fleece cover. She can sew with a machine. A few years ago she found a sewing class she wanted to take. She did very well. Even the instructor was impressed. Luck for us no one else had signed up for the class so it was a good one on one class for DD.

MrsSoup likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

I've never seen a no sew fleece cover. I've seen the blankets, is it just like that but closed off and filled i'm assuming? That sounds neat!

I moved all the totes out to the garage as soon as I got back from taking DD to school, so that's done. I put Eli's ornaments in the oven to bake before I left to take DD this morning so i'm hoping two hours is sufficient but we'll see. I need to jump in the shower once the timer goes off and I check on them. I did the checkbook and bills already and need to send off an email. DH wants to meet for lunch here on post so before that i'll run to the Post Office and the PX for command hooks and i'll browse the decoration selection they have.

I feel like i've gotten some good things accomplished this morning. :)

Carrie- We call those cookies Peanut Blossoms! They are my husband's favorite! I like them a lot too, but mostly when they are warm from the oven. hehe

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and windy again -

Been out most of the morning - DH had to drop off some stuff and then we went to Fairway (an upscale kind of gourmet grocery) and Costco to finish up the shopping for the Saturday party. I have one or two things to still wrap and then just to get things organized and get the table set up.

Also got my Stitch Fix today and it looks like it might be five for five! They may have finally gotten my style.

Jess - sorry that DD will have to be in a cast again
    Lana - did you get to your sewing today
    Katrina - did everything get wrapped? The baked goods sound great!
    Diedra - Vanessa is one up on me - the sewing machine scares the wits out of me despite classes!
    Lucie - always more work to do - right?
    Carrie - would love to see a pic of the blanket

10. MrsSoup

Debbie- That's fantastic about the Stitch Fix! My next one is set to come right around Christmas. I'm thinking about doing the Kid's Stitch Fix as a present for DD for Christmas.

I finally finished watching The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix, what a great movie! Eli's ornaments are done (I hope). I baked them for 3 hours! I'm not really sure how to tell if they are done, so i'm calling it. I got my shower and am waiting for my hair to dry so I can style it. I had to use my T-gel shampoo because my scalp has been so super dry and flaky, it's embarrassing! I'm hoping it helped. I will probably need to use it a few times.

I think i'll make a list of the baked goods I want to make this year while i'm sitting here. I picked up a Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies magazine the other day and it had lots of good things in it and I want to add some of them this year.

11. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I was awake early today 5 am but stayed in bed until DS left for work 6:30. Left the house around 7:20 to drop off donation to school for bazaar. From there DH and I went out to breakfast, Walmart for gift for DS then Kohls for 4 more and I am officially done with Christmas shopping. Still have to wrap though.

Once home I pulled the stuff together to be taken to the garage. Then the Christmas boxes will be brought in. Decorating will commence.

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Up and had my breakfast.
    Off to mum's today to wrap her gifts for the family. Hopefully get it all done today. Will pick up DD after work today and she will spend the night here and get an early start tomorrow on decorating the tree before going to an optometrist appointment.
    While I am out today I will drop into the Camping store and pick up a step stool that DH saw and thought would be handy.
    Need to drop into the post office and pick up a parcel that was delivered yesterday but I was not here to sign for.

Better get moving,

13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 11 in Anderson. I left at 10. I waited for over an hour before I got to see him. He said my back looked beautiful! He did not spend three or four minutes with me. He shook my hand and wished me a Merry Christmas. Someone had catered lunch for the office, and he went to eat.

Since I was at the doctor so long, I missed Jennifer's surgery. She texted me and said her surgery had been pushed up to,11:30. I knew that I wouldn't make it. I texted DSIL and long story short: they did not take her till 1:30. He texted me that all went well. And that she was in recovery. That is all I know.

Didn't do anything else today. Tomorrow I want to really get started on sewing. That is most of my Christmas. Plus I want to start decorating for Christmas. I won't put the tree up till later. My ex had his birthday on Dec. 4th, so we always got our tree the weekend around his birthday. It was fun when the kids were young.

Well, I had better get something to eat, because I am starving. Hope you all have a pleasant evening. Ttyl!

14. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Jess - yes, I liked everything from Stitch Fix and it all fit!!! I think DD would love the gift!
    Pam - had the same thing with my doctor when he removed my stitches - an hour plus wait for 5 min
    Jody and Katrina - you both seem done!

Waiting for some packages and then more wrapping. I'm thinking of doing " something they want, something they need, something to wear, something read...." for the Christmas Santa gifts.

15. MrsSoup

Hi again!

I got my list done and it is rather large. I also made a list of who I would want to give food gifts to and it became large as well. Might have to pare both lists down or divide who I give what to. I'll ponder it. I'll need to start baking next weekend I think. I like to do food gifts early so people can enjoy them before they do their own baking and maybe put them in the mood of the season. I also want to do a tray for DH's office and that needs to get done early before people start going on leave. Nothing i'm making is overly difficult, the most time consuming are the gingerbread and sugar cookies.

Apparently DD is team babysitting this evening with a friend. Good for her because she gets to make some money. It's the same 3 year old she babysat a while back. I need to advertise her on the Wives page but i'm afraid people won't use her because she's 12 and doesn't have but a couple references.

I'm watching a Hallmark movie, Hope at Christmas, it's really good so far.

Pam- Sorry your appointment took so long for little doctor face time. I hate that. And sorry you missed Jennifer's surgery but glad it went well.
    Debbie- I just finished up DD's order and it should be delivered on December 24th! She will be so excited and feel so grown up. She always helps me decide with my boxes and the kids boxes come with so many more items. I'm excited for her! LOL

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

DD21 and I finally feel like eating real food today, and my headache has gone away, too. I realized, today, when I felt so much better that I was too sick to have gone to work yesterday. Thankfully, the students were quiet and well behaved yesterday, and glad to have me back. Evidently, I had a really bad sub. Even my classroom maid told me how awful the lady was. Sometimes, I wonder if the people the get can even read! I planted two window boxes and a stand alone pot when I came in from work with pansies and snap dragons.

I've been trying to catch up on laundry. I have a couple of loads left, but only one more may get done tonight, because I want to take a hot bath, and go to bed around 9:00 tonight. Still feeling a little lackluster...energy levels haven't picked up completely.

Well, DS just called and talked for an hour! So much for a 9:00 bedtime...or maybe so much for getting a few more things done tonight. The last laundry is in the washer, but I won't put them in the dryer until in the morning. DH is watching the football game between the Saints and Cowboys in the bedroom and yelling at the television. I think we'll change rooms soon! I'm watching Hallmark movies.

Was going to do personals, but really need to try for an earlier than usual bedtime and still need to bathe...sounds like everyone is along the way with Christmas preparations. I plan to do it Saturday. Some ferocious weather is forecast for tomorrow night and it should be raining Saturday, so a good day to work in the house.

Much love to you all.

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Oh, yes...received two Christmas cards today!!! I'm so happy!

18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Finished wrapping all of the presents at mum’s. I think she is done now. We will spend the next few weeks just tidying up loose ends. I am pleased that we have most things done and can relax and enjoy the season.
    I will decorate tomorrow and then tomorrow afternoon is my work picnic.
    I will speak to boss about how annoyed I am that new CW has decided to leave. It means more work for me over the next few weeks. I was hoping that things would settle down but maybe not.

Anyway DD is here so will sign off and speak tomorrow.
    Take care all.