Thursday October 10th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 10, 2019 at 4:39 AM.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends :)

images5A2584UB.jpg

Lana likes this.
  2. luludou

A cool 4C here this Morning. Had dh drop me off a little farther and walked - a good thing there was no Wind because it would've been cold! Forecast of 15C which is nice.
    Sleepless night - woke up many times to hot flashes. No gym this Morning.

Yesterday there were 2 physio-in-training here so I had a free consult. Talked about my knee, seems I'm just missing stability (yep my cw told me he already knew I was unstable :p ). Gave me a few exercises to do.

I brought my 2 hard-disks at work (goes faster than on home computer) to back up the ebooks I have (I am over 20,000 on my usb key - but most are in French).
    At noon going to lunch with cw's as one is taking a 3-month unpaid vacation to go to her condo in Florida. She will be back here in January only.

So now I've inherited the job of planning a bingo to help out with Entraide donations :rolleyes:

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

HI, Lucie and everyone to come!

I woke up a lot during the night. I would sleep a couple of hours and wake up. Went on all night long! I would love one long sleeping night!

A few errands this a.m. Groceries, mostly. Then, I am going to paint my metal screen I bought from my DD. N will help me move it if I need him to. Plus, he will hang it for me. That will mean a trip to Lowe's. That thing is heavy!

Going to be a nice day today. And then it turns colder! COLDER! And I can tell you right now that I don't like it one little bit! Give me the 70s!

And now, I need to head to the shower, and get started on my day! Hope you all have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Just gone 1am here and just getting home from hens night, It was meant to start at 9.30, bride got there at 10.00pm. Luckily her daughter was there as I was just about to leave to come home. Anyway it ended up being a nice night, Need to meet bride at 10am tomorrow for the rehearsal so it will be interesting as they were still going strong when I left.
    Bed for me now,
    Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I thought I just saw lightning out my backdoor when I was letting the dogs in and was about to get excited. However, I checked the radar and there wasn't anything near us, so must have been something else. I'm not sure what we'll get into today. I need to get classwork finished, almost there. Then figure out when i'm going to take my preassessment and schedule my objective assessment to be done with this class. I also need to pull out the suitcase and start packing. I need to run to Walmart and pick up little travel sized empty bottles to put my shampoo/conditioner in, I need to take mine because of my hair color.

I need to text my friend and see what they might want to do today. If the weather is going to be crap, supposed to rain, then the beach/pool is out and i'm not sure what else we could do.

Lucie- I love bingo, so much fun! A free consult is always nice to have.
    Pam- What color are you going to paint it?
    Katrina- That's a late night! I hope the bride is on time tomorrow!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Today is much cooler - to be 66 degrees and windy - things will heat back up tomorrow. I had the bedroom window open all night - 48 degrees when I woke up. Brrr.

I've never had a hangover, but I feel like I have one today. Didn't get much sleep, and boy, do I have a headache! Dh's cpap leaks air around his mask, and I sleep with earplugs because of the noise. After being awake for a very long time, I finally woke dh at 5:30 to tell him it was too noisy. Dsil told me it woke him at 4:30, and his bedroom is upstairs in this huge house. Here it is now, after 10:00 and dh is still sleeping like a baby. A quiet baby. I need to start the vacuum or something, next to him - a chainsaw maybe.

Dh & I will run errands today. Lunch & grocery shopping for sure, need to buy ink for the printer & envelopes for Christmas cards, the library would be nice. Dd & I will go for a manicure - we think it's time to just let the nails breathe and heal for a while - mine are really soft. I need a haircut, but that probably won't happen until next week.

I'm gonna go rattle dh's cage and make him get out of bed. Have a good day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. luludou

Lunch with cw's was nice - and we had a drink included so I got some wine… feeling it now! I Don't drink anymore because of my tummy so.. we'll see how I feel tomorrow. So it's a long weekend here - our Thanksgiving weekend, lots of people are taking tomorrow off to make it a 4-day weekend. I have a posture class tomorrow so I will come in but I cancelled an appointment on Tuesday .. in case I decided to take Tuesday off (we are leaving Saturday afternoon and back on Monday so I might need a day for 'ME').

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

I finished up my coursework, now just need to study some and take the preassessment so I can schedule the objective assessment. I need to hop in the shower so I am ready for whatever the day brings. Still need to text my friend but i'm just not sure what to suggest we do today. I really need to do run errands and get ready for my trip to be honest. But we need to do something with them before break is over and DH is off tomorrow so that day is out. :oops: Guess i'll shower and then text to see if she has any ideas. I'm not sure if we're bringing the younger boys or if it will just be us and the teens.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

This a.m. I ran to the flea market place but the owner and her mom are in Texas so a sister was there. Told her I would check back next week about putting the ornaments in there.

I made chocolate chip cookies and I wiped the globes up that I got last night.

Allen left to go put a big hairy brown spider from Dollar Tree into Jaymees bed. Got it last night and Teig P wanted to prank mommy with it!
    Will be time to get her from school before long.

Tonight at Radom the church is having early bird rummage sale. For $2 you can shop tonight. Don't know if Jaymee and I will go or not.

Still nice out but rain is to come and supposeably big cool down for the weekend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Hi all!

Just stopping by while I have a few minutes before heading out to pick up M from soccer. Today is J's annual fishing trip with his friends, so I'm on soccer duty. I'm so glad it's Friday eve. It's been a challenging week at school....as if it ever isn't! :p One of my colleagues has RA, so she left today before we even started. She was in so much pain....so we split her kids today, which causes everyone else to be wacky.

The week has been busy....hope all are well. Say a little prayer for my Karla....she hurt her leg while traipsing through the woods. She is limping a lot, but nothing is broken. I'm thinking she pulled something. Today is a bit better....if not better by tomorrow we will take her to the vet.

That's about it for now....take it easy!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Slept well and heard DH leave for the farm at 6am, I felt wide awake then and ready to take on the day. Went back to sleep and alarm went of at 7.30 and felt awful then lol
    Waiting to hear from friend, I am hoping that we are not too late today and I can come home and do a few things.

Had coffee, may need more.

12. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Evening all.
    It's been a long day.
    Yesterday DD6 was hit in the face by a little boy and told me the teacher did nothing. I wrote a note to draw her attention to what happened and DD6 told me she said she wasn't going to do anything since it happened yesterday. Today, he punched her in the eye. She didn't even tell me at first, but I could clearly see the shiner when I picked her up. Anyways, she said the boy didn't get in any trouble for it and when I asked her why, and she told me "boys are allowed to hit girls." DD8 agreed that in her class the boys never get in trouble no matter what they do, so they just do whatever they want. Obviously I was not impressed. We had a long talk about how it's not okay. Not really sure how to move forward with this. I'm worried next time DD6 will get really hurt or next time he hits her with a stick it will puncture her eye or something.
    DD6 who is normally the bubbliest happieset little kid told me she just feels mostly sad most the time now. We tried to take her out for a ride to cheer her up, and she just stared out the window looking so sad. Broke my heart.
    Sorry for the rant...just a frustrating day for everyone here.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. luludou

Katrina - I do that sometimes wake up wide awake too early, go back to sleep and feel blah when I awaken the 2nd time.
    FS - can't you talk to the principal about it if the teacher doesn't do anything? it's unacceptable.

DH is off to guitar lessons, doing one load of laundry, knitting a little (redoing what I undid yesterday). Decided too much work to prep the scavenger hunt bags so will take what it takes along and will get the kids to prep their bags :) will keep them busy and make them eager to start the hunt.

'Night

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Hello all MHHers

Still around, mostly just reading on MHH. Lots of busyness that really never looks like you have done anything. Today was a run to the bank for address changes to all our accounts and to order new checks. We are on our last book so it was a good time. I'm getting checks in a binder instead of a checkbook. Very seldom write a check. Of course I went up to a new teller who wasn't sure how to even order regular checks. Help came by but she didn't have access to ordering checks. I was sent over to someone else who of course was busy with someone making deposits to business accounts and their personal account. Finally we got it done. I just hope the lady didn't order the checks from my daughters account because she was looking at that account at one time for address changes. I'll keep my eyes on the accounts.

Then I headed over to run past our old house to make sure the doors were closed. It all looked good. Stopped by the hospital to buy Fall towels from the gift shop. Last I picked up meat for a few meals from the store. Came home cooked baby potatoes and steak for dinner. Have pork chops, two other steaks and a chuck roast in the freezer.

Shed guy came by to inspect where we want our already built shed. Said yes, they will be able to get it in the fence gate, under the huge tree (if we trim a few branches), go around a little garden of tall grass and then turn sideways into the spot between the shed that's there and the new fence. I can't wait to watch them. Dh is going to buy cement blocks to put the shed on and I told him just to get extra ones. Better too many than not enough.

LC1 and DD have made 58 gloves of candy for Halloween. This weekend DD and I will put some together so we can get them done for the big day. Only 200 or so more to make. Some of our friends were saying when they were little their parents drove them to this neighborhood on Halloween. lol I know when I was about 10 my aunt said they handed out over a thousand bars of candy. She always gave a full size Hersey bar. I'm sure kids came more than once to her house.

The dinning room is looking a little better today. I have about 5 more boxes to either move to storage or unpack and put away before it's clear of boxes. The living room is still a mess but since I do not have living room furniture it makes a nice staging area for boxes. I put empty boxes on FB but no one was moving. Dh found one of his golf friends who came by for 3 big boxes of folded up boxes and packing paper. I am keeping a wardrobe box of boxes to make a Gingerbread house over the stairwell to the basement. The stairwell is between the kitchen and dinning room so it'll look really nice between the rooms this Christmas.

Wishing all a good night/day/evening.

15. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DD and I ended up going to pick up our friend and her son and went to the beach to look for seaglass. We stopped at Walmart on the way so I could get the travel bottles I needed. We didn't find much glass today but the kids had fun and swam a little. It started to rain so we left and went to the coffee farm so I could pick up some pineapple flavored chocolate covered coffee beans to take to my mom. I got some regular for me to take on the plane to snack on. We dropped them off and came home. I just got out of the tub and am waiting to head to PT. I really don't want to go. DD got soap or something in her eye in the shower and is hurting. I put eye drops in to try to flush it out, but no luck. She said it didn't start until she was in the shower.

I need to do some studying this evening and take my preassessment so I can take my objective assessment tomorrow or early Saturday morning before I leave.

FS- That is not at all acceptable behavior for any child, boy or girl. I would physically go in and speak to the teacher or someone higher in authority as soon as possible. Don't let it sit. Hope DD is okay!
    Lisa- Hope Karla is okay!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Oh FrostyS, If I had younger school age kids now I would not have them in public schools.

17. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

FrostyShimmer - I would be demanding to speak to the teacher, the principal and the school board. I would be calling the police because that is assault and I would consider going to the local media. That behavior is disgusting and unacceptable.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

I am glad this week is over, it has been exhausting. I am really looking forward to my 4 day weekend, I am planning on getting a lot accomplished. K is working all weekend, so we are going to postpone our Thanksgiving dinner until next weekend when she gets some days off.

Good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

FS, I absolutely agree with with Jess and Mel. This does not need to be ignored, swept under the rug, and nothing done about it. I'm outside looking in and I'm sure you have a lot more time to get things done without the girls under foot, but I don't see how public school is at all healthy for their emotional states, and now it seems their physical well-being, either.
    Lisa, DD26's dog had a strained muscle in his shoulder. He had to stay inside and be out only to use the bathroom for a couple of months. He likes to run the fence to chase all the delivery trucks, school buses, and mail trucks! Maybe it won't take so long for Karla to recover.
    Mel, I hope you enjoy your 4 day weekend. DH is on fall break, and it certainly makes me jealous!
    Diedra, has it been hard finding the right place to put all your stuff? Those trailer movers can work miracles sometimes...it's certainly something to watch!
    Lucie, smart move on the scavenger hunt bags! Wow! It must be nice to afford to go on an unpaid three month vacation. I'm surprised her job won't be in jeopardy.
    Jess, how long will you be at your mom's? It's going to be a big change in climate! BRRR!
    Katrina, I'm like you and Lucie said. If I wake up too early and get on up, I'm good to go, but if I go back to sleep, it's like I'm walking in quick sand the rest of the day.
    GrammaDeb, sounds like time to go and get and adjustment on the CPAP or a whole new one. If it's leaking that badly, it's probably not doing much good for DH.
    Lana, you're going to be in big trouble with Jaymee!
    Pam, I started taking melatonin. I wasn't sure how it would work for me and I just take 1 mg, but it's made a big difference in how I'm sleeping. I still wake up sometimes, but it doesn't take me as long to go back to sleep. My nights of staying awake for 3 or 4 hours are very seldom now, and that used to happen at least 5 or 6 times a month. Have you considered trying it?

DGS#1 had his last junior high football game tonight. That's so sad to me. So hard to believe he's going to be in high school next year. It will free up our Thursday nights for football season to be over, though, so I suppose that's good.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow at some point and really cool off. I'm ready! It was 95 here today. How can that be???!!! I would really like to get some lettuce, onions, and mustard green seeds planted tomorrow after I get in from work. I think we're not going to the high school football game tomorrow. We'll have to be at the voting polls by 6:30AM, and I need to cook something to take to eat Saturday. I'm taking chili and an angel food cake.

Now, the doctor has decided I need to work on a publicity campaign. We'll see how that goes. He doesn't like advertising or spending money, but I told him today he's got to spend money to make money. I need to call my niece. She has a degree in marketing psychology...and she went back to school to be a school teacher. SMH!
    And is a really good one!

I better head off to bed. My routine is out of whack tonight, so my body isn't realizing it's bed time. I'll be tired in the morning...

Night, friends.

happy2bme likes this.
  20. MrsSoup

Evening!

Jane- Did you ever talk to the doctor about cutting out early on certain afternoons? I will be at my mom's from the 13th (Sunday) to the 20th (following Sunday), so a full week! I fly out of here on Saturday the 12th but fly overnight with two layovers so won't arrive there until the morning of the 13th. I will go to my dad's for at least a night while i'm there. My mom will be working. She wants me to come to her classroom one day too, so as long as she gets approval and the school says it's okay, then I will do that as well and observe. She is a special education teacher. While i'm not getting my degree for SPED, it would still be beneficial to see differentiation in action.

PT was okay. I told him how sore I was yesterday so we didn't stress anything out today but tested some things. He wants me to change how I walk and start walking with a wider stance. That produced less pain and put my tibia in a better position which put my ankle/foot in better position as well. My alignment is all messed up from my knee and my hips are weak. He also wants me to sleep with a pillow between my knees to help with everything and he added in another exercise as well. He told me to resume things when i'm not sore anymore and feel like my muscles can handle it.

My mom texted and asked me to go pick up some rum and rum coffee from the Rum tour place so i'll do that tomorrow. I got out the suitcase and started getting some toiletries together.

Goodnight friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.