Thursday October 24th 2109

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 24, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    20363.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    teachermomof2, Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  2. luludou

Slept pretty good. No gym this Morning, had to repaint the background for paint class and got rid of some pics on my iPhone at work this Morning before 7:30.

Last night we went to costco's for just a few things. was paying and packpack purse was open (a lady told me), so while I was closing that (means it was open since halfway in the store I had taken out my phone), I forget my card… good thing I remembered before leaving the parking lot… hate when those things happen!
    I bought some cheese and crackers (good expiry date) for the Holidays.

Suicide-prevention update from 8:30 to 12:00, Spanish from 12:00 to 13:00 and then kinesiotherapeute from 13:00 to 13:15... busy Morning.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lucie, and everyone to come.

Lucie, what a fabulous fall picture you opened today with! A spectacular view! And the colors are stunning. Wow!

I have a few things to do today. I wrote a to do list, so hope to accomplish most of it. Just depends on my back. It is going to be a pretty nice day, I think. Not as warm as yesterday or as sunny. But not frigid!

I stayed up to watch the baseball game last night! It was awesome. There was home run after home run! I was happy. Hoping the Nats win the World Series.

The thundering herd upstairs is HAMMERING, and it is not even 8:30 a.m. If I had the wherewithal, I would go up and punch him in the throat! What idiot does that? I wonder if he would like me to do that to him? Dooty head! Some people are so inconsiderate.

Lucie, you have a busy morning ahead! Hope all goes well!
    I really am thinking of making muffins this a.m. You know, because I am hungry and the kitchen is cleaned up. Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed! And, Lucie, BEHAVE!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all,

62 days until the big day!

Warm and sunny here after a stormy night where we lost our water.

Two kids sick in bed today. One not exactly healthy but well enough to go to school. I'm starting to rethink fall being my favourite season. I've barely even been able to leave the house since September began.

Guess it's another day of cleaning and playing nurse.

Hope everyone has a great day!

luludou - love the picture!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH got a phone call from a number from our same area code at 4:40 a.m. We have Missouri numbers on our cells. Normally they are those stupid robo calls, but this time it was a guy saying he had received a call from DH's number. DH told him it wasn't him and then went back and forth for a minute and then hung up. My stepdad told me that that's what the robo call things have started doing now, using real people's phone numbers for their calls and then when the person tries to call back they actually get the real person whose number it is and it causes all sorts of chaos and confusion. :mad: Happened to us this morning. Ridiculous! I wish someone would figure out a way to stop this craziness already.

I have nothing on my schedule today. I need to work on homework and get some decorations up because I haven't done that yet. I should run to Sam's Club for some snack items and candy for Halloween. I need to start really studying for the Math Praxis so I can get it taken next month. Next week I need to go get my fingerprints redone and sent back off. :rolleyes:

Lucie- Glad the lady told you, that could have been bad and that you remembered your card. Good idea to stock up now!
    Pam- Are there quiet hours in your apartment complex? Like from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. or something like that residents are to be quiet and considerate of others. If so, then I would either go up and politely ask him to be quiet until the designated time or report him to the office for the noise violation.
    FS- Wow, I can't believe it's that close! I just told my kids that I needed them to make lists because we may be going shopping next weekend to get a start since DH will be off. I'm sending good thoughts to your family and definitely thinking about you often.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. luludou

Last night we had no cable the whole evening and no phone (the phone works for 1 hour after the cable goes down).. didn't even notice it as I was watching dvrd programs :)

Suicide-prevention class was very interesting even though I'm still thinking of quitting that program . Spanish was very good at noon, had an extra spanish-speaking person with us and she was very good to teach us things.

Tonight dh has guitar lessons. Girls (cw's) want to organize a Christmas party… bowling with supper and music afterwards, Don't know if I'll go (I never do), but the thing is it's about half the small team (6 or 7 out of 12)… I Don't feel good about not inviting the others, I Don't have problems with any of them.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I ordered my new license plate on October 8th. It arrived today, and was due to be replaced no later than the 21st. Today is the 24th. What is wrong with this picture? Our state taxes at work. People give me a severe case of the butt. Anyway, I put it on and am good to go.

I got out my fall decorations this afternoon. Just trying to decide where to put everything! Each year I say no more new stuff! And I forget and get more! This year alone, I bought about 12 new things. Will I ever stop? Probably not.

It is a beautiful day here in east central Indiana. Cool enough for fall and beautiful enough, too. I cleaned out the front half of my car, but not a real thorough clean, but at least it does look better.

Does anyone here know how to make shrimp scampi? I began to thaw out some shrimp last night, and was wanting to try my hand at it tonight. Maybe I will just wing it. I often do that. Wing it, I mean.

Well, I need to finish putting out my decor, and then on to fixing supper. No baseball tonight. TTYL.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Hi again!

Eli is home from school today. He came down saying his stomach hurt. I told him to eat breakfast and see if that helped, he said it didn't. So here we are. He sure isn't acting very sick. I went through my decorations this morning and pulled out what I will use and found a few more things that my friend can use for his trunk or treat so texted him. Eli started putting some window clings on the front windows, they are on their last leg and i'll toss them after this year. I threw some items away and have a pile for the thrift store. I brought everything else that i'm using inside and made plans with my friend to come get the stuff they will use for the trunk or treat. Once I get that stuff back on Saturday i'll put it up around the house as well.

I went to Sam's Club and picked up needed items and 4 magazines. haha 3 came in a pack together and then I had to get PW's holiday one. I came home and put things away, vacuumed the upstairs, and decorated as much as I could right now without having to get the ladder out for the front porch. My friend and her 3 year old came by and picked up the decorations and now i'm back to the couch with a snack. Eli is watching Hotel Transylvania 3 on Netflix and i'm going to start working on some schoolwork. I need to mow the yard but i'll wait until after lunch I think.

I picked up a Chicken Parmesan dish at Sam's Club that is already made, just have to pop it in the oven for dinner tonight. It's DH's favorite and I never make it so thought this would be a nice treat and I don't have to cook or scrounge for something to feed everyone. Win!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Rudy Day here, 2 months until the big day. I am a mix of excitement and panic.
    Today I will try and finish a sign that I started before holidays.
    I have the quilt soaking in the laundry tub, I love the look of white in the bed but can't figure out how it gets so dirty.
    DH is just about to leave for the hardware shop to look for tomato seedlings for the garden. It is warm enough here now to get them out.

I better get moving, it is past 10 and I am still in my nighty.:eek:

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

Pam, we recently stayed in a hotel where the walls were so thin we could hear the man next door snoring and muffled voices of the people upstairs.
    Maybe he is not meaning to be inconsiderate, maybe the flooring in the upstairs unit is not sufficient enough.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. luludou

Yesterday I realized... duh... I need a stocking with stuffers for the baby, a 1st Christmas ornament... oh my so many more things to buy!

12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Evening!

Just stopping in to say hello! It's been a long day. School was okay. It is just non stop every day. I stayed late to make sure everything was ready for the sub tomorrow. I have to take M to the orthodontist and didn't have many options for appointment time. Then we'll run some errands and get some time to relax. I have laundry going now. J want home for dinner so M and I had grilled cheese and tater tots. Nothing else too exciting going on here.

I went to bed after 9 last night and was asleep before 9:30. It looks like tonight will be more of the same. I am so tired. I woke up at 3 am, then tossed and turned until getting up at 6. I hope to sleep in for a bit tomorrow.

Take care and have a good night!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

Lucie, how exciting.

teachermomof2, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello.

I took dh to lunch and then grocery shopping. Ugh. I shopped until I dropped. Got everything put away, and then I collapsed on the couch with a few Keebler elf cookies, a bottle of water, and a handful of acetaminophen. I don't know which hurts worse, my feet or my back.

We got boo-ed yesterday, so we need to pass it on. I bought Halloween buckets, tissue paper, candies, microwave popcorn, and movies. The kids will assemble everything tonight after gymnastics and then drop them at a couple friends' houses, knock and run.

I don't like what dsil is fixing for dinner, so I'll either heat a can of tomato soup or fix a bowl of cereal. Haven't decided yet.

Have a good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

Dr. C and I have decided that Dr. R doesn't know how to put together a business plan. He sees the end picture and how he wants everything to turn out, but puts the cart before the horse in a lot of decisions. He must have had a good mentor on how to start and run a doctor's office, but I'm not so sure about this business venture. It was a busy day at work. We have a new girl working who was a classmate of DD26, and she has worked wonders since she started last Monday. A very big asset! I hope she stays and Dr. R recognizes her value...and compensates her accordingly!

DH has hurt his knee somehow. He jogged with his students in PE yesterday...hmmm....maybe that's it? I put ice on it when I came in from work. We went and ate supper at a local restaurant. When we came home, he put the heating pad on it.

I am so glad tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!!! It's supposed to start raining in the morning and rain through Saturday. I should have grocery shopped when I got off work. Nothing I really know of we need, except a few things to finish out the menus through the weekend. I came home, though, so I could finish planting broccoli, green onions, and more mustard seeds before the rain.

Lucie, I wish we had a hundred like buttons so I could like your post about DGchild!!! Invite everyone! 12 isn't too big a number for a party, and some probably won't come.
    Lisa, I'm so glad you're taking the day off tomorrow. I know it's hard to be out, but I also know how refreshing it is to have a day off. I found the longer I taught, the more I realized it was better to take off a day here and there to maintain my sanity than it was to keep pushing myself! Hope you and M have an enjoyable day tomorrow.
    FS, bless your heart. If my children were going to be sick, I always wished they would all be sick at once and get it over with and be done with it! They once had the chicken pox consecutively one after the other for a month and a half! DD26 first, then DS, then DD22.
    Katrina...yummm...home grown tomatoes! You'll be loving those before long!
    Jess, magazines are one of my indulgences. They are so hard to resist this time of year. Hope you get time to enjoy them. I got a phone call like that one day. She swore I called her, but I didn't! So frustrating.
    Pam, maybe you'll get lucky and overhead neighbors will move. I agree with Katrina...most apartment complexes are built as cheaply as possible with no account for noise control.
    GrammaDeb, you're the second person who's mentioned soup in conversation today, and DH asked for some soon. Makes me want some. Cereal sounds good, too. If it were just me, I would probably eat it a lot, but DH would not like that too much! Don't know what's wrong with the man!

I'm off to bed soon. Rest well, everyone.

16. sweetpumkinpye

the afternoon is dragging on,
    I am annoyed at DH, he went to the hardware and I messaged him and left a voice mail asking him to bring home Mod Podge. I even took a photo of the bottle and sent it to him. So 3 messages to DH and he comes home without Mod Podge, I don't know why he bothers to take his phone.:rolleyes:

Will do some vacuuming and see if I can get rid of my mood.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

DS and family arrived here at 4:00 am. We got everyone tucked in and headed back to bed until about 8 am.
    They day went fast and was busy. DDil and I went to Ikea to get a couple of things that she needed for they dgds and I picked up a couple of things that were on my shopping list. Would have like to have gotten more but forced myself to say no and let go.
    DH made supper, oven roasted veggies with kielbasa. I had dgd(8) bake a gluten free cake mix for tomorrow.
    The dgds and I started a puzzle that we probably won't get it finished before they leave on Sunday morning but I can finish it. I enjoy doing puzzles. Once family is gone we will finish up in the laundry room and then I will get the kitchen reorganized and do some paint touch up and will be ready for baking and cooking for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    It is getting late and the munchkins will be up early. So need to prepare for bed.

Good Night and sleep tight.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Soup! I made French Onion soup tonight. It was excellent. Recipe included a can of coke so you know it was good.

LC1 traded days with LC22. LC22 will be here tomorrow and most of the weekend. We should be able to get some more unpacking done and maybe she will start painting the bedroom downstairs. She wants it a dove grey. Sounds like a trip to Home Depot for paint. I need some more white for the rest of the closets. I might pick up pink for DD’s.

Sleep well to all.