Thursday October 25th 2018 - Rudolph day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 25, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Happy Rudolph day! A cool 2C here this morning.

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

No gym for me so it's 6:00 and I'm sitting at my work desk. will go have some breakfast and read until 7:30.

Spanish at noon

Have a great day

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I got off early last night since I am off tomorrow and Sandy is off today so got to leave yesterday! LOVE getting home earlier.

Had spaghetti for supper. Jaymee and Teigan craved a pumpkin. I worked on a turkey potholder.

Will go get some muffins in the oven for trash guys. Cookies NEVER did happen! Even put butter out yesterday a.m. for last night but....

I think is to move in tonight.

Have a GREAT day!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning and Happy Rudolph Day!

Almost finished with the books inventory - one more shelf to go! Waiting for the maintenance man to program the thermostat. No errands today so I'll be working around the house. I've been watching the live broadcast from the island of Saipan after Supertyphoon Yutu - the southern end of the island looks to be destroyed, just heartbreaking. Fond memories of our time there 1991-1995 and still have many friends living there. Not all have marked themselves safe so I'll be watching for updates.

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all - sunny and pleasant today.

Went to the podiatrist today and I have plantar fasciatis as do many other people I know. I never had much of an arch but what I have is falling even more. Exercise was prescribed and if it gets worse it would be a cortisone shot. At least no more operations!

I plan to do some wrapping today and that will be Rudy day for me - that and knitting. I did buy more baking ingredients so maybe something will come of it. I've been finding wonderful chocolate cake recipes on Pinterest.

Lucie - hope it's a good day for you
    Pamela - hope your friends are safe
    Lana - DS's morning thing used to be that the grass was growing and that woke him up. Kids!

Lana likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DS made the most money yet on his shift last night. He was put on the Express lane, which you're not supposed to work until you've been there several months. Weird. Still didn't make a lot but... He said there were about 5 people that didn't tip at all. :rolleyes:

I have the dentist later this morning for my cleaning and directly after that i'll be going to the Commissary. I have my list mostly completed, will look around and see what needs to be added this morning before I leave. I need to start working on school work too. This afternoon I have a meeting at the Company with DH, the Commander, his wife, and the treasurers to hopefully set some kind of calendar and plan for the next year. We'll see what gets done in the time we have.

Hi Lucie!
    Lana- Muffins sound really good. Will have to check my ingredients.
    Pamela- I sure hope everyone is okay!
    Debbie- How long will you be on a knitting hiatus after the surgery?

Enjoy your day!

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Jess - the doc says I should be back to knitting almost immediately!

MrsSoup likes this.
  8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    An early doctors appointment today and then home to do some more cleaning. We have a pretty full weekend planned so it will be nice to get some things done today.

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

That's wonderful!

I got an excellent report at the dentist! I don't think i've ever received that great of a report. Afterward, I dropped DD's cupcakes off at the school and then went to the Commissary. I'm home now with everything unloaded and I just ate my Lunchable and am watching Chicago Med. Eli will be getting home in less than an hour. I have hamburger thawed out for dinner so i'm prepared for tonight. haha

I packed DS a lunch this morning: PB&J, a green apple and some honey wheat pretzels. He can pack his own for tomorrow since he doesn't work tonight and just has class. He'll have time when he gets home to pack it if he chooses or he can wait until the morning. He has plenty of time then as well. I showed him how quick it was this morning.

10. sweetpumkinpye

Back from the doctors. Got my nails done at the mall, a pretty orange colour. Great for Spring but also great for Halloween next week.

The doctor says the flu like symptoms are a result of cutting carbs, my body needs a bit more protein. The good news is I have dropped just over 5 kgs (11 pound) since last Wednesday. She says that the big weight loss won't last and I will plateau eventually but it is a good kick start. I am very pleased.
    Just having a quick drink and then will start some chores.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Ahorsesoul, luludou and GrammaDeb like this.
  11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello friends! I'm ba---ack! Very tired so I will be back tomorrow. Praise God! Lindsay came home this weekend. But I still don't know much. TTYL!!

luludou likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

Pam, great to hear that Lindsay is home. Hopefully for good. She has a lot of explaining to do.

13. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good evening. Today is dsil's Saturday, so he was up with dgkids for school. Yep, he got to experience dgs's shenanigans. Dgs got a good tongue-lashing - dsil goes on and on and on. Now he plans to buy timers and clocks for every room, to help dgs with time management.

DH & I went to lunch, the library, and finally to the Walmart pharmacy to get my meds and exchange a game I gave to dgs for his birthday. Walmart was severely under-staffed today - I waited in line for everything I did. I was too tired to fix dinner so stopped on the way home to buy a pizza.

Dsil & kiddoes are putting up Halloween decorations - he goes all out with the creepy stuff. He graciously consented to let me watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. Not my favorite Christmas movie - I'll have to watch Christmas Vacation when he's not here.

Have a good night.

14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. A busy day. After work, I transferred my clothes to DD25's closet so DN will have some room to hang her clothes if she wants to when she comes. DD25's clothes are all at her college house. We had a commissioner's school at 5:00 to get ready to work the elections November 6th. We ate supper at Sonic and went to a visitation for a former teacher of mine. That took over two hours. She died Sunday and was only 62. She was my 10th grade home economics teacher.

The next to the last football game is tomorrow night. After that, our Friday nights will be pretty quiet. Saturday morning, I have a shower at the church that I'm one of the hostesses for. Saturday night, I'm chaperoning a dance at school...I was asked in a weak moment and said yes.:confused:o_O

I've reached my maximum number of copies at work. I have a limit of 1000 copies. I teach 100 students per day, so if I run off a three page test, three times in one month, I've used 900 copies! That leaves 100 copies, so basically one activity per month that I can run off. :(

Lucie, how is Spanish going? Nice to have the opportunity to do that.
    Lana, it's always a good feeling to get off early...puts a little pep in your step!
    Jessica, glad things went well at the dentist. Maybe things will go better with the events this year. It sounds like you have some people who have a desire to make it work, and with your know-how, maybe you can guide them in the right direction.
    Pam, hopefully, if Lyndsey needs some help/counseling/intervention, her family will help her get it. Meth is one of the most addictive drugs and almost impossible to quit. Glad she's home. Did you get your stimulator implant?
    GrammaDeb, it's always a relief when others experience something first hand and get to see that you're not exaggerating the situation. We always liked Nightmare Before Christmas. I didn't think I liked it, but when I really sat down and watched it, it was okay.
    Katrina, carb withdrawal is tough!
    Debbie, oh, no! I've had plantar fasciatis several times. The first time, I was in my early 20s. I'm going to give you some pointers! lol First, if your stomach can take it, start taking an anti-inflammatory...advil or aleve. Take it on a regular regimen until your feet start improving, and then, as needed to help relieve the pain. Buy yourself some Birkenstock shoes and wear them as much as possible. If not those, some type of good arch support shoes...Clark's, good tennis shoes, but honestly, none have helped my feet more than Birkenstock. I've worn them for years...NEVER GO BAREFOOTED. Freeze a water bottle and roll it under your foot any time you're sitting down. When you first get out of bed or stand up, stand there a minute before you start walking. DO THE EXERCISES! And rest when you need to. It will make all the difference in the world. I'm really sorry to hear about this. I hope you can improve quickly.

Night, everyone. So glad tomorrow is Friday! Yay!

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I get flu like symptoms from eating very low carbs too. Good think I like meats. Nice job on the weight loss.

16. sweetpumkinpye

Thanks Dierdra, Hopefully can lose a bit more over the next few weeks.