Thursday October 4th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Allen is cutting some material and I will sew before work so can work on the items at lunch. I still have not received the thimbles I ordered on Aug. 19th and was to be here Oct. 1st. They say running late.

I should get to leave work after balancing. 3:30ish. On Vacation next week and normally we get to leave early the day before but another lady needs to leave early tomorrow so I will today.

Today they say in 70's. And 90s tomorrow. Will see.

Suppose I better dress and get some trash together.

Have a GREAT day!

First part of our real estate taxes are due tomorrow. :( :(

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Staying home today - still have a sore throat and feeling clogged up... and I don't think they'll even notice I'm not at my desk today ;) Got up at 5:00 and went back to bed.

Did a short 20-min yoga routine for the 'sick'
    chatted with dd on FB,
    I will be doing some housechores but slowly. Laundry too but I'll take it easy today - it's nice to have a sick day but not being TOO sick.
    later

4. luludou

oh nice! didn't know what the embedding did for the video :)

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! A summer day in October here on LI.

Did nothing last night except make dinner - hope today is slightly more productive. The commissary is a priority.

Jess - would like the Halloween fairy to come here after she's done with your place
    Lana - any plans for your vacation week?
    Lucie - take it easy! Even household chores can wait.

6. luludou

Basement has all (including kid's bedrooms) been dusted and vaccumed. Ds's bedding is now made up in winter. basement bathroom has been washed. Mopped basement bathroom floor and kitty-cat corner. Only thing left to do in basement is remake dd's bed (bedding in dryer right now).
    Chatted with mom half an hour on the phone.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I was up shortly before 2 a.m. with horrible stomach pain. I ended up in the bathroom on the pot and throwing up in the trashcan. No idea where that came from. I don't feel "sick" this morning but I don't feel 100% either. I don't really have anything going on today except I have to drive down to Pearl Harbor to meet two ladies to pick up two of my auction winnings. I'm meeting them at Boutiki, a super cute little store (I think run by one of the clubs). There prices are quite high so I won't buy much.

I need to do homework today because I didn't do any yesterday. DD has Clean Card day today and they are going to Waimea Valley. Clean Card day is for all the students with good grades. All of those who have grades below a C have to stay at school and watch a movie or something. My friends daughter doesn't get to go because she has a D in Math. I bet she tries harder next quarter. I need to get a run in today at some point, depending on how i'm feeling.

Lana- That's a long time for shipping!
    Lucie- Feel better! My mom likes Yoga with Adriene. I need to try her.
    Debbie- Are you feeling better today?

Enjoy your day!

8. luludou

I have dusted and vaccumed office-guest room and my bedroom. Got the sleeping couch open and bed made for my parents on Saturday. Redid dd's bed - basement is all set.
    Taking a break for lunch and watching New Amsterdam. will see what I feel up to this afternoon.

9. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Well, it is afternoon here. Went to town after dropping the girls off at school. Went to the library and then to get some groceries. Will go pick them up in a couple of hours and then get their chores done and go back to the school as this is the School Carnival night. Not getting much accomplished today.We had a small shower earlier. Suppose to rain all weekend.
    Lana - will this be a relaxing vacation or do you have lots of plans?
    Lucie - don't overdue it. You want to feel good while your company is there.
    Jess- hoping you are feeling better. Congrats to your daughter. Hope she enjoys her day.
    Debbie - enjoy your day whatever you do.

10. luludou

I took a one-hour nap, I think I did sleep a little but woke up all uggg... not good at sleeping during the day. finished vaccum on main floor. Washed bathroom (still have to do the bath). put up some fairy lights in the corner armoire, very pretty but they have already stopped working ... ugg! yep, from China, hope they go back on.
    Made a toilet-paper pumpkin too. Frozen tourtière is in the oven.

11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Crazy busy morning at the gift shop (Jess, I know Boutiki, it's Hawaii's equivalent of our gift shop!) - we made lots of money and it's going to charity so that it awesome. Decorations are beautiful, Christmas is here! Came home, made a sandwich and fell asleep in the chair. Three way conversation with Vic and Sophia trying to get their parking issues sorted out - really? I have to figure this out for them from 3000 miles away??? Sophia's car is fixed, rental will be returned tonight, insurance payment is pending in our checking account, Vic will be able to keep his plan to fly home tomorrow. Win, win, win, win.

If anyone has any large size photos they want printed (12x12, 8.5x11, 6x8, etc.), Persnickety Prints is having a sale October 6-7-8. Never ordered from them before but many of the Project Life/December Daily memory-keepers use them and love their work.

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Another cool start to the day. October is generally still fairly cool here so to be expected.
    I have a few things on my to do list for today. I need to tidy the gift closet no that the stocking fillers are out of there. I need to vacuum and if I feel up to it I will tidy my wardrobe and see what I might need to add to the planner for next year. I think I may need sweat pants and at least one hoodie. One of the one I have is so thin it hardly keeps me warm.
    This afternoon I will meet DD after work and go to the mall. I will get nails done while she gets a pedi. We will pop into Target to look at a t-shirt that I though BF might like and then we will have some dinner. A nice finish to the week.

Better get into the shower and get moving.
    Have a great day all.

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

One lady met me at Boutiki as planned to give me my auction item and the other asked if I could come to her house nearby instead. I invited my friend to come with me to the shop and she said yes, however she got the time wrong for the repairman to come look at her washer so he showed up. He ended up finishing in time but one thing after another happened and she was going to meet me down there. She wasn't there yet so I ran over to the lady's house and picked up my wreath and went back to Boutiki and went inside. My friend showed up a bit later. I purchased a pretty braided rug for the front door (inside the house) and a little jar of local honey for my mom. We had lunch at McDonalds and then went our separate ways.

I came home and swept because my friend said she was going to come over and do laundry (had to order parts for her washer) but I haven't heard from her. When DD gets home I need to run her to the library to return her books and renew one. They also need to fix her email address and pin number so she can renew online.

Lucie- What do you think about New Amsterdam so far?
    Debbie- Have fun at the carnival!
    Pamela- Do you guys have lots of Halloween in your shop or just a little? I thought Boutiki would have more but they only had a little bit. Glad the car is fixed!
    Faye- Thanks for sharing, beautiful name!
    Hi Katrina, have a great time getting your nails done!

14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

So today I did general house cleaning. I ran an errand but on the way I had to stop at our local garage and have them figure out why my low tire light was on in the car--a valve leak was fix and I was on my way. We have a newly built Aldi store open today so I went and checked that out. I was hoping they would have specials but I didn't find them. They did pass out coupons for $5 off groceries $35 or more. Store is nice arranged differently so will have to get use to it. They closed the other store.
    When I got home the landscapers were here working on my yard. (water company replaced water lines and drove machinery across my yard all summer). They were putting top soil on top of hard compacted ground when I return home. I asked them to stop until I talked to the water company. I don't know how they expect grass to take root past the top soil. Water company came out took pictures and assured me grass will grow. We will see, one of the landscapers told me it it was his yard he would his yard they way I wanted them to do mine.
    I have to files sitting next to me that needs my attention and I don;t want to give. I guess if I get start it will get done I am going to time myself and see how long it will take me. I will let you know.

Good Night.