Thursday September 12th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Sep 12, 2019 at 4:23 AM.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World! A nice Sunny, balmy day here today with a forecast of 19C.

2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lucie, will be 19 here tomorrow too. Lovely.

luludou likes this.
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Pouring down rain here at 55F/13C. It feels like 44F because of the rain storm we are having right now. I was out poop scooping. Then I was spreading Epson Salts on the yellow spots so I am soaked. The last two days we had over an inch of rain each day. Mushroom are growing in the backyard ditch.

Dh forgot to make our breakfast shakes last night so he did them this morning. Not the same. I like it to sit overnight because it seem to not be so dry.

Next on the schedule is a mover coming over for an estimate. Finally. Should have been moved out last week according to my time schedule. Or at least half moved out so we could have started showing our house for sale. At least we aren't in a hurry to sell our home but Dh doesn't realize people with children want to move now at the start of a new school year.

DD is up but seems a little tired. It could be the storm making her sleepy.

Do something to recharge yourself today.

4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and warm - mid 70's. Inappropriate for mid-September!!! Should be getting cooler weather over the next day or so.

Packing the camper. DH leaves EVERYTHING for the last minute! He is now mopping the floor. Clothes packing isn't even in sight! I should be used to it by now.

Katrina and Lucie - enjoy your lovely days!
    Diedra - I admire your calm - hope all goes well.

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Well, moving has been put off a week at least. The two banks are not talking together very well so money is not getting transferred. Will say it's not our bank having the problem. It's one in NC. With todays internet there is no excuse for this but doing long distance transactions seems weird to me. But that gives me more time so I'm taking it in stride. DD might not like waiting.

It's funny that just before the Bank called this morning we scheduled the movers (23rd) and the carpet cleaning (the 19th). I'm off to do some more packing. I think I'll also send Dh to the storage unit to count boxes since the moving company just did a phone estimate. They think it'll take 9 hours but I think less than 5hrs to move us.

Still pouring down rain here. Dh was wondering if this was caused by the hurricane.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DS's last day at his old school was yesterday. Pretty sure he didn't get his room finished up last night like he was supposed to and he works the rest of the week. Guess maybe i'll have to go in and he won't like that. I'll see how much he got done. We're going to register at the new school this morning. I'm not sure if they'll have him start today or not. The other two didn't start the day I registered them. If he doesn't then he has all day to work on his room.

I'm going to the beach with a friend after I finish with DS. We got cut short the other day because of Eli needing to be picked up from the nurse's office. I have been pretty lazy and just not in the mood to organize or decorate. I need to get over it and finish getting the house together. I have been so tired lately. I guess I better go get bills figured out and get the day started!

Jane- With the military since i'm on Prime where everything is covered pretty much, I have to be seen at the military facility, unless they don't have space and then they refer me out. I can request a second opinion but it will just be someone in the same clinic and they will consult with the same doctor that i've been seeing and they don't step on each other's toes. I was in that situation with my knee and even though I went through the VA, their doctors are in the same clinic as the Army doctors so I got the run around and was made to feel horrible for going through the VA after I had already been through the Army docs.
    Hi Lucie!
    Diedra- I hope they give you a good estimate and you can get the ball rolling! Does epsom salt work on yellow spots?
    Debbie- Oh my, do you leave today?

Enjoy your day!

7. luludou

Diedra, why epsom salt?
    We will be having the rain and winds over the weekend… no matter have tons to do Inside.

DS is picking me up tonight.

Ok so big boss just asked me to be a solicitor for Centraide… only time he needs me is when they Don't have anyone… pfff. …. I said yes :rolleyes:

Ok gotta go to Spanish dinner

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

The internet said it does. I'm running a test. lol

Epson salt will turn the grass a dark green. We mix it with our grass fertilizer. Will make plant leaves greener too.

MrsSoup and luludou like this.
  9. luludou

GrammaDeb, Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  10. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone!

Had a doc appt this a.m. I love my FNP. She is great. Good report. But my weight was up and so was my blood pressure from yesterday. Crazy scales! Crazy BP cuff!

I am really tired today, too, Jess. I don't want to get busy at all. But I must.

I stacked fabric yesterday, and filled a box. When the stack fell over, I was done. Literally. I did nothing else the rest of the night. I was worn out! Now, I gotta get going. But I don't want to. I would much rather be on a beach somewhere, eating ice cream, reading a book. Did I tell you guys that DD wrote a book? It is called Celebrating Brokenness. And has another one coming out at Christmas. I am very proud of her. She has always been good with words.

Ok, I really will get with the program. But I think I would like to eat something first. I will talk to you later. Have a good afternoon. Debbie, good luck with your packing extravaganza for camping. Diedra, hope things work out between the banks!

luludou and GrammaDeb like this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Pam, ordered the book. Thanks

12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Didn't get a chance to get back on Tuesday, then yesterday got away from me. Today I'm off work - all the excess furniture was just picked up by the charity shop truck so this weekend I can shift things around in the garage and maybe be able to put the car in there!

I'm off to run some errands shortly then pick up my friend and head to see the Downton Abbey movie this evening. I can't wait!

Vic received the list of duty stations available to him after Okinawa. Nothing in Washington, all the spots are filled and none will open up in the time frame he needs. I'm reeling from the list of what's left and the prospect of moving again. I just don't think I can talk about the whole situation right now. Prayers appreciated, it will work out, I know it, but how is the big unknown.

Have a great day everyone!

MrsSoup likes this.
  13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Remember a lot can change between now and then. You can do what ever it takes. You are very strong even if you do not want to be so.

PamelaG likes this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Dh is just like this. lol Hang in there and read a book if you are ready.

16. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good evening all!!

I am super late getting on here. I worked on the family newsletter again and almost have another scarf topping put together.

My thumb is killing me. It hurts like it did when I broke it many years ago. I did some research on the internet and suspect it is an inflamed tendon. I tried taping it and it throbbed all night. It hurts to hold a utensil, play my phone game and hold on to a glass I am having to do most things with my left hand. Writing is the worst... I was in tears trying to write an address on an envelope this morning. It doesn't appear to be broken again as I have full range of motion. Hubby has rubbed it, I have put heat on it and the heat does make it feel better but makes it swell if I leave it on for too long. I wonder if an old break can cause issues later in life (my only broken bone ever)??

Well, I better go.... my thumb is starting to throb super bad. Advil here I come.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

The fabric is separated. Not too much more to do. Hoo-rah! Maybe everything will be wound up by Sunday. I am hoping anyway. I won't be going to Jay's this weekend. I am kind of glad. He had the dates mixed up. It is the last Sunday of the month. I have the baby shower on Saturday afternoon. At Cracker Barrel yesterday, I got a pair of Christmas booties and a hat for 'First Christmas', as well as an ornament to put her picture in for First Christmas. IF, and it is a great BIG IF, I have time, I will make some burp cloths. I can always wait till she is born in December. I think I will go read in bed. My tail bone hurts. Guess what I will be reading? Celebrating Brokenness, by Jennifer Coffman. See y'all tomorrow! G'night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning,
    Friday here and I had plans for the weekend which have changed so I get a bonus day.
    DH has gone up to his fathers house to try and do some cleaning. With the surgery he has had he is meant to be in a relatively dust free environment, Being a hoarder his house is filthy, dust, cobwebs, mould, cages full of birds and their excrement. Not ideal. The fridge is full of rotting food and there is no room to negotiate the hallway to the bathroom. DH is going to do the best that he can but he knows that it is only a bandaid measure. FIL will be furious that things have been moved and that the birds (they are natives) have been set free. I told DH that FIL will just have to suck it up.

I am going to spend the day organising all the food areas of our house, fridge, freezers, pantry and the stock pile. If I get a chance I will try and tidy the gift closet, there is stuff everywhere in there,
    Tonight I am meeting DD in the mall so we can shop for a dress to wear to a team mates wedding in October. We might grab dinner while we are out.

Hope that you are all having a wonderful day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

Searched at our library, not available yet. Will keep an eye out though.

20. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I got DS enrolled at the new school this morning. It seems like a good school and the counselor seems nice. I think he will like it there. He seemed excited. I brought him home, took my pills and headed out to a friends house. We had some coffee and then headed to the beach. We found seaglass and saw 5 turtles. We grabbed lunch at a food truck and then went back to her house. I hopped in my car and came home. DS went with me to pick up Eli. I just showered because I was gross and DS is off to work. He took my car and I realized after he left that my wallet was in the console. :mad: I am officially stuck at the house the rest of the night now because I have no ID. Ugh! I forgot I had put it in there because I didn't take my purse like I usually do to pick up Eli. Stupid!

Pamela- Sorry about the duty stations. Sending good thoughts that all works out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.