Thursday September 27th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Sep 27, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH friends :)

2. luludou

A cold 5C here this morning. Power went out at 9:15 last night, don't know when it came back on I just got up to shut off the lights. Did not sleep well, had left a window open and smelled of skunk and can't sleep with that smell. aching everywhere this morning took a tylenol.
    No gym but decided to go see the Disney boat at port (1st time they come here), took a hour walk before work. Walked fast the 1st part as some Strange drugged person kept following me no matter which side of the street or which street I was on... he kept talking to himself very loudly.
    Took lots of pics, will post some on my FB tonight.

Have a great day

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Lucie and All!

Last night I got dishes done and that was it.

Jaymees friend found a kitten and we took it.---- a very pretty one named Josie--Boomer so far just watches it.

I think I will go sew some before work.

It was beautiful here yesterday. As always wish I was out in it. I work tomorrow and 5 days next week and then a week off.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Another long night manning the gift shop on the road table at a spouses' social event. This group were more social, less shopping. At the end of the night, we had to break everything down and pack it up. Thank goodness for Vic and my co-worker's husband who came along to carry things to the car and put the tables back in the shed. I was hot and very tired when I got home so I dove in the shower and then sat down to tell Vic the latest from the insurance company.

When I called the insurance company about Sophia's accident, they set up an appointment for her car to be inspected and arranged for a rental car. The collision shop sent in their estimate, which they told me could possibly run over the value of the car, but the next thing I knew, I received an email from the insurance saying they paid the collision shop and we just had to pay our deductible. Sophia called yesterday to see how long it would take to fix her car and they said they were still waiting for approval to fix it from the insurance. Turns out that the estimate was just that, a preliminary estimate based on looking at the damage. Once they pulled the car apart, they found more damage and the repair bill is now over the value of the car so it looks like the insurance may total it out. I'm waiting to hear from them today. Great, buying another car is just more thing we don't need right now. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Very little on the agenda today because I am exhausted and ache all over. Remind me to just say no to volunteering at a gift shop in the future. ;)

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning . got up put clothes in the washer cleaned up a little. going to mosiac restaurant with a friend for lunch then we will go to the christmas tree shop. its cloudy may rain but only in the 60s today. everyone have agreat day

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It was warm yesterday when we got home (80'S) and now is in the 60's. Sunny out and much better today.

We had a nice camping trip. The balloon rally group was small but fun. We had all our meals together and just hung out. Then we went up to Burlington VT to visit for two days with our friends from GA who have been touring the New England states. Had lunch on the pier, visited the Christmas shop (got two piggy ornaments), the yarn shop and the chocolate shop. Long trip home but we made it in one day -

Today I need to unpack the camper and again try to neaten up.

Pam - glad to hear that you are mostly pain free:)
    Pamela - hopefully you will find an good, inexpensive car for Sophia
    Lucie - hope DD will get some good meds and be feeling better soon
    Carrie - take time to fully heal before you resume your full schedule
    Diedre- hope DD is doing better
    Shannon - thanks for doing the Xmas card exchange - if I haven't said so previously
    Lana - Wow! a new kitten! Teigan must be thrilled
    Lucie - glad there was no problem with the drugged weirdo
    HW2 - wish there was a Christmas Tree shop near me

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

LC1 and DD are off to the dentist for a 6 month cleaning. Dh is wandering around. I think he wants to go to Menards for wood to build shelves in the shed but he really will not say that. He does this sometimes. Just throwing out hints but not saying what he really wants to say. Drive me nuts. I just say what I really want without just hinting around. lol

DD was cranky again this morning. Just plain mean to everyone. Yesterday she was great with DGS when we had our baseball game and dinner. She even helped clean up. Very nice.

I'm in the mood to work with my genealogy and the photos from my grandmother's album. The album is not labeled at all so mostly filled with strangers but I'm trying to label the ones I know. Then I'll send it off to my brother. I'm scanning photos to put into my family tree too.

LC1 just called DD was complaining of her a tooth hurting. Neither of us have heard her say a thing in the past 6 months about it. So they will just give her some RX toothpaste. lol She does use a sensitive toothpaste already but it'll make her happy.

I best go get Dh focused on a project before he does something weird.

Have a great day.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We had thunder during the night and heavy rain. I didn't sleep well and tossed and turned a lot. I'm waiting to see if Stroller Warriors is cancelled this morning, i'm secretly hoping so because I really don't feel like going but I haven't done any running this week so i'm really behind. There is a Change of Responsibility later this morning that I plan on going to, if DH ever lets me know where it is. I could always go out and run on the treadmill in the garage. Or stay home and bake DS's birthday cake. He's 16 today! I think we'll go out for dinner tonight, depends on when DH gets home I guess.

Lucie- That's scary about the person following you, but cool you got to see the Disney ship. Hope DD gets to feeling better.
    Lana- Aww a new kitty!
    Pamela- Sorry to hear about the car. Rest today!
    HW2- Have fun at lunch!
    Debbie- Sounds like a fun trip!
    Diedra- I hope DD's mood improves for the day and that your DH gets into a project or heads to Menards. I miss having a Menards.

Enjoy your day!

9. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Afternoon ladies. Taking a break today is dragging so I am just standing outside....in the rain.... well it's a light rain, I have on a rain jacket and am under the trees in the smokers section. Oh and listening to Christmas music.
    After work DH and I am meeting with a CW from the last job to talk to her about using their timeshare points for Disney next year. It's off property but so much cheaper. This weekend we are going to the Museum of the Bible with my parents in DC.

lucie-maybe one year I'll take a Disney cruise to see you.
    Pam good luck with the car.

Have a great afternoon guess I need to wander back in

luludou likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

I decided not to go to Stroller Warriors this morning even though the rain stopped. There were termites out flying around everywhere, gross. I stayed home and made DS's cake instead. DD is working on her homework. I need to start getting ready here in a bit to go to the Change of Responsibility. I've watched some recorded shows while baking.

Shannon- Using a timeshare for Disney would be awesome even if it's off property.

11. luludou

CW saw the weirdo at noon too and when I left was at the light with dh and he was on the sidewalk beside us still talking a weird made-up language! He has been walking around since 6 in the morning and was 5:00 at night and he was still going on.
    Had lunch with some cw at noon (well spanish but we didn't speak spanish at all).
    Just work, got home 1 load in washer, emptied dishwasher, prepped clothes & gym clothes for tomorrow. still need to figure out my lunch.

Later

12. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

The Change of Responsibility was nice and short and got over just in time before the rain started. It's been raining ever since. DH and I went to grab lunch and it rained so hard and so fast that the streets quickly began flooding. By the time we grabbed lunch (drive-through) and headed back, it was crazy. We were turned around on one street on base due to flooding and had to go a different way back to the office. DH dropped me at the Explorer and I headed home. DS wanted me to pick him up from school today but I told him that I just couldn't with all this flooding. I don't feel safe driving in it. Looks like the rain may have stopped now. We've had thunder for going on 2 hours now and that's been a treat since we really don't get thunderstorms here and if we do it's a couple claps of thunder and it's over. So i'm thoroughly enjoying this one.

Half the post lost power and they had to close the Commissary. DD said ours went off but came right back on, so i'm hoping it stays on. Good thing I made the cake this morning just in case it does go out for good. I should work on some reading for school while i'm waiting for Eli's bus. I have just under an hour. We'll go to dinner tonight at Buffalo Wild Wings.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Slept well last night and feel like I have caught up on sleep now. It only takes one bad night to throw it all out.
    Friday here and today I will be deep cleaning and decluttering my bathroom. I also want to try and get gifts and stocking fillers sorted so that I can start wrapping the fillers next week. Best to do this today as DH is home all next week on holidays.
    Not sure if DD will want to go to BF house tonight to start car etc. If so I might move the car so it looks like it has been moved KWIM?

Have finished my coffee so time to get moving,

14. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening.

Got the trial stimulator out today. Man, when the doc ripped the tape off, in some places it REALLY hurt! But he said I was the perfect patient. Everything looks good, and am looking forward to the permanent one.

That is all I did today. MJ went with me. We ate lunch at Frisch's, wanting Reuben sandwiches. Would you believe they aren't making them any more? We were so annoyed! But they did have a corned beef and Swiss cheese on a pretzel bun. (Would have been better with rye bread.) It was an ok sandwich. Next time if I order it, I will get rye bread.

DD's MIL is still in the hospital. They haven't figured out what is wrong with her. Shoot fire! I have fallen a ton of times, and never went to the doctor about it. Oh well. We all know that I will trip over invisible lint!

I am tired, so I think I will heat up my last bowl of soup for supper. I know it is 7:50 p.m. But hunger knows no time table.

Hope you all enjoy your evening. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Finishing the night watching the Mets beat the Braves!

Did clean the trailer out today; also paid bills, did most of the $ figuring for the caravan - still have to send out checks - finished a cowl I had been knitting and tossed out a number of bottles from under the bathroom and kitchen sinks. And I started a fall craft project. I'm proud of me!

Pam - hi Ms. Perfect Patient!
    Jess - what rapid flooding! Happy birthday to Samuel!
    Lucie - should someone tell the police about that guy?
    Katrina - isn't it great when you sleep well!

16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

I focused Dh into a nap. He was better after that.

I mainly have worked on my genealogy. I get so distracted on the branches. I see something exciting and off I go on a different path. I'm amazed at how many ancestors were living in the same town I grew up in and I never knew them. Of course living with my aunt and uncle caused a lot of that. I think a lot of people didn't like their life style so they stayed away. But I'm loving looking into to the mysteries now.

This afternoon Dh and I tossed a lot of the plants in pots outside. I have two big pots on either side of the garage that will have to be cleaned out next. Dh carried my bay tree in and upstairs. That about did him in. He did fall the other day out of bed during the night hitting his head on the door hinge. He said he was dreaming he was fighting with 3 people. lol I'll keep an eye on him this week.

I ordered DD a noise machine and something called Gem Toes. The noise machine to help with DD's musical ear problems. Maybe she will stop hearing weird noises now. The Gem Toes her PT therapist said to try to release some tightness in her hip area. Sounds interesting. Both items have arrived and she was thrilled.

Anyone know someone who can identify the year and model of this car? That's my grandmother and Dad.

Have a wonderful night.

Attached Files:

17. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Neat looking car. Hope it helps Vanessa.

18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Not much got done here today. I straightened out the Gift closet and tried to contain things in one area. Looks better and now I can find things.
    Have had lunch and am thinking a lie down might be nice. Not sure what to have for dinner, maybe a night out. Will see.

19. MrsSoup

Evening!

We went to BWW for dinner. DD filled up on chocolate milk and didn't eat much of her burger so brought it home. I had a delicious peach cocktail. Then we came home and relaxed a bit before having cake. We did presents before we left.

DD was pretty fine all day, no headaches. Then this evening, just a little bit ago she said her head was hurting. I had her take a Tylenol. She goes back to school tomorrow and of course it's Friday so if she develops a headache there's not much I can do about it. I may message the doctor this evening so she'll get it in the morning and see what she says about it. She's had a headache everyday now since the incident. I'm not sure when that should go away. Tonight was the first time she's left the house and with her going to school tomorrow i'm wondering if that will be too much for her brain. But her note only covered through today.

Goodnight friends!

20. luludou

Diedra - nice looking car! will look up the gem toes machine to see what it is.
    Pam - glad you are the perfect patient... guess you are good at Something ;) hahaha