Tired Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:49 AM.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH People!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

A fast hello!

Got up at 5 and got 5 gifts ready to get out today. I normally do not get gifts out until week of Christmas but wanting people to enjoy this now. Got some bill stuff done for Allen. He has alot of running to do today.

I got bills done last night so glad to have that over. If more money could of paid dentist and eye doctor off......oh well.

I better go get ready.......

I haven't started reading Luke yet so will at lunch and catch up for the 3 days. Wanted to start that December 1st but I guess I am not to far off.

Should be 50s today. Low 20s now.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. missjane

Hello, everyone!

I took off today. I had wanted to sleep late, but that didn't happen. I'm tired already...so the title for today. I need to take the appraisal from the house to the bank and go by the credit union, too. No patients come in Tuesdays or Thursdays, unless they need to make up a therapy session. I do paperwork on those days and PR connections. I have a lunch meeting Thursday with the lab company who does blood work for us, but nothing today, so....today was the best to take off.

I listed the van for sale on FB selling sites last night. I thought my phone was going to explode. I'm selling it for parts, because of the work it needs on the transmission. A guy from a taxi company talked to me a long time about it. He says the year model it is, is pretty much crap...lots of problems all the time, which I know first hand. I had a 2007 I loved, but this 2013 has been a headache! I'm just ready for it to be gone! We're meeting a guy at 5:30 tonight for him to look at it.

Since I'll be in Monroe, I want to go by Sam's and look at flooring for the house. I want that done before we start moving things in. Since there's no deadline to get out of the house we're in, we'll work on it as we can and as money permits. So nice that we can do it like that! Yay!

Lana, I saw a different December reading plan on FB that had passages from other books of the Bible, too, but I'm going to stick with Luke. I paid bills this morning, too.

Hope you all have a great day today!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! short night lots of waking up and awake since 4:00. Did gym. Just a normal work day. DDIL is seeing her doctor this Morning.

DD got her job for when she finishes school as a super-nurse in 1 year! I find it hard to Believe that they give you your job 1 year in advance for nurses!

Have a good day

missjane, Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning, Peeps!

I was awake shortly after 4. Would not have been so bad if I had not fallen asleep around midnight. I did manage to get another 45 minutes before I got up. That danged Mother Nature. So since I was in the bathroom, I took my shower. Came back and got Under the blankets to get warm.

A busy day ahead. Banking. Bill paying. Quilting. Then we are going to lunch. At quilting, all we need to do is stamp the quilts where we can write the name of the recipient. We will distribute them on the 14th. I must do laundry, probably tomorrow. Friday and Saturday will get ready for the Christmas tea. This is probably the only time I will sponsor a table. The theme is Let Him In. I am thinking of using a nativity set for the centerpiece. Using teacups as favors. I have plenty!

I am already tired. Just thinking of all the to do stuff. Oh well, I will do what I can. Hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It snowed overnight! I could tell because there's a sort of pinkish light when it does. Really just a coating on the grass and trees.

Finished straightening up for the cleaning lady and, since I did not go out yesterday, today will go to the library, post office and to pick up meds. Will see if there's anyplace that DH wants to go.

I have almost all of my modest decorations finished - just have to do some stuff on the DR table and put out a BIG canister of candy. I have about 2 or 3 gifts ready to wrap and will be working on more later..

Pam - using the nativity and teacups for is a wonderful idea!
    Lana - I'm sure that the people will appreciate the gifts they got early
    Jane - I'm sure you will get a lot done today
    Lucie - nurses are in great demand - glad that DD already has a job lined up

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have major drainage going on in the back of my throat this morning. I had another stupid headache last night. I'm so tired of this. It has to be my neck. I go to the chiropractor on Friday morning, normally I would have gone yesterday. If the VA doesn't figure their stuff out it might be my last appointment too. :( I ran out of my usual migraine meds so I had to take my old ones last night. We'll see how today goes but I can still feel it hanging around. I need this migraine to go kick rocks...i'm going on day 5 or 6 now. No bueno!

I work from 8-12 this morning, hopefully doing register training and whatever paperwork we are supposed to do. They never had us do W4's for taxes or anything. My first paycheck they took out withholdings for "Single". I also have questions about how to request for certain days off for appointments and such because I have an appointment coming up on the next schedule. I would also like to set up direct deposit.

I need to take Eli for a haircut this afternoon and I really need to run up to Schofield and pick up my med refills. I should see if my chiropractor has an opening. I need to call and get an appointment to take my car in for the ceramic coating as well. I need to make a list. I also need to go grocery shopping. We had McDonalds last night because there's nothing to make in the house right now. :rolleyes: Already failing at the working mom gig.

Lana- Are these the decoration type gifts you were talking about? I'm sure people will love them.
    Jane- I'm glad you took the day off. Good luck selling the van, I hope it sells quickly! I'm so excited for you and the new house and right next door?! Super convenient for sure.
    Lucie- You mentioned a baby this week, are they going to induce or do you think she will just go into labor naturally? Or will that be determined today at her appointment? Congrats to DD!
    Pam- Just take it slow and it will all come together. Things will get done and if something doesn't, it will be fine. Using teacups as favors is a great way to declutter as well.
    Debbie- Enjoy your light snow! I love the glow it makes.

Enjoy your day!

8. luludou

Afternoon!
    Jess, they said they would induce (that was the word I was looking for!) her by the end of the Week, they will call her 2 days in advance.
    No change since Saturday , she is open at 3cm.

DS's physio is a bit better… his arm doesn't quite come straight since he broke his elbow last summer.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. Still coughing. Missing my son...every little thing triggers more tears.

I was up early to get the kids ready for and drive them to school. Dgs has turned into a 13-year-old disrespectful little brat...if he was my kid he would be losing privileges, but alas, he isn't. And dgd thinks it's ok to be bossy. Aah, the fighting and bickering... Don't they know Santa is watching?

I'm finishing yesterday's laundry, and I need to take care of the breakfast dishes. Then the day is mine. I've joined the group reading Luke - read 1 & 2 yesterday and 3 this morning. I'll work on Christmas cards and then crochet. We'll fit in a Christmas movie sometime today - yesterday we watched "Christmas with the Andersons" (on Vudu free with ads - I really liked the movie's message).

Have a nice day.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    DH had a restless night but managed some sleep so that was good. He is off work for the rest of the week so will have him home with me. I need to do my normal Wednesday jobs today, clean fridge and pantry, write grocery list for tomorrow, get ready for DrillDance training etc.

I feel like doing a bit more decorating, I feel I rushed things over the weekend, too late now as the totes are back in the garage and I can not ask DH to lift them.
    Tomorrow when I am at the mall I will go to the fabric store and see what they might have for Christmas crafts for next year, I used a lot of fabric this year.

Better get moving, I hope that you are all warm and safe and cherishing our season.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

Deb, thinking of you today {{{hugs}}}

GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

Busy day here. I have been fighting a headache since last night. I think it's from the flu shot. J had the same reaction and I generally don't get long lasting headaches. Tod was the first day back to school. The student teacher taught 99% of the day, so I put up the tree, did some decorating, got sub plans ready for tomorrow, planned all of next week. I have so many things I'd love to do with my class, but just not enough time to do it. I bought some new books for the classroom with bonus points and would love to read and respond to them all, but we only have 12 days this month...yay!....and 2 will be consumed with Christmas concert things. I have a personal day Monday and then will be out two days for a hearing, so....

H's car broke down. His transmission line leaked. John will be going to pick up the car tomorrow so he can make the repairs. Always something.

I left work on time and came home and made dinner so J could eat before going to work the hockey games tonight. I laid down for a bit....dog wanted out, phone rang, no rest for the weary, so I gave up and decorated the Pittsburgh Penguins tree that J set up for me today.

I need about 900 more step to make my goal, so I guess I'll do some puttering around and house walking.

Katrina...thinking of you!
    Hugs, Deb!
    Jane, will you be selling your current house?
    Lucie...bet you are excited about the new grand Baby!
    Waving hello to you all....
    Peace and blessings,

Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Training was much better today. I talked quite a bit with one of my fellow trainees. She is pregnant, due in May. She's a Navy wife and lives in my area. The other girl is not military affiliated but also not Hawaiian so i'm curious how she came to live on the island. We actually did register training today and then shadowed. Tomorrow we will learn order pickup and get our pin numbers and such so we can actually work, it's our last day of training.

I came home after and checked on Eli. He stayed home from school today with a stomachache. He was quite pale this morning and said his stomach hurt after he ate breakfast. He was going to go to school but he was crying about his stomach when we were getting ready to leave. He seems to be better now but he still doesn't look great. I took the whipped cream I bought for DD's school and dropped it off and then grocery shopped. I also called my friend and talked to her while I shopped. Before I left I completed my W4 and some other online paperwork, had my mentor call and also called the dealership to try to set up the appointment to get the ceramic coating on my car. They will call me back. All I have left is to pick up my meds and get Eli a haircut, neither of which are happening today.

Now i'm going to work on studying math.

Thinking of you Deb!

GrammaDeb likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, sounds like training was a bit better today.
    Lisa, hope that the headache eases soon. Sorry to hear about H's car.

Getting through the list here, cleaned the fridge, not too much thrown out so that is good. I still need to work on either not buying stuff, or if I buy it use it up,there is a lot of food waste in the world and that equals money. One of my goals for next year is to meal plan and get back on track.

Still very windy and cool outside, nice to snuggle under a blanket and watch tv except DH has taken up residence in the loungeroom.o_O

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all!

It was a pretty productive day - mailed all my cards, got my reserved library book and brought donations to the library's food drive and veteran's collection, got my meds, came home and made two cakes and dipped all (130) oreos. Had Jersey Mike's subs for dinner. I only ate half and now I feel like eating the rest of it.

Tomorrow I get a tooth pulled in the morning. I hope it doesn't kill the rest of the day.

Hugs to Deb! It can be a tough time of year.
    Lisa - glad you had an easy day
    Jess - when does your discount click in?
    Katrina - how is DH doing?

GrammaDeb likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Debbie, thanks for asking. He is recovering from the biopsy that was performed yesterday. He is still in a little discomfort but ok.
    Just waiting now to see what the results of the biopsy say, that appointment is Monday of next week.
    That will be the appointment that we will be most stressed about. At this stage just one day at a time.

Hope that your tooth extraction goes well, take care.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. luludou

GrammaDeb ((hugs)) to you.
    Katrina - ((hugs)) to you too - sending positive vibes to your dh.
    Halimer - good luck tomorrow morning for the tooth
    Jess - glad it went better today with the training. Hope Eli is feeling better

I think I need to find a word for 2020 about staying calm! I get po'd when people try to pass on their work to others.. it is their job, they get paid a big salary for that.

Worked on the appliqué dinosaur tonight. Now it just needs to be sewd on the baby blanket.

Received more stuff from Old Navy today for gifts.

Night

18. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hugs to you and your DH.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Very late check-in today - tried to post at lunchtime but our system just wasn't cooperating. Steady day, had a long chat with my new boss (current boss retiring January 31) and it was nice to get to know him a little better. He's a new grandpa and loving every second of being around the little ones.

Came home to attack tonight's piece of the list. Made scones, they turned out amazing! I'll eat this batch for breakfast and after-work snacks and make more on Saturday morning so they are fresh for the tea. Did the other little things - carried the chair with the broken spindle out to the garage, packed up everything in the guest bathroom because I have a holiday shower curtain, towels, and a guest towel holder for the vanity as well as new festive soap which will go in there after the cleaning lady is gone. Made some tea and toast, watched a few December Daily process videos, cleared out today's 31 emails (unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe) and balanced my checkbook. Wrote cards for nephews, added gift cards, they are ready to mail.

That's it - 7:30pm and I think I'll have pumpkin pie for dinner. Today's December Daily layout is easy - a 6x8 page of 2x2 pockets that will hold clippings from the various packages of goodies from the British food store when we open them up. Off to put up a quick blog post now.

Nighty night, talk to you tomorrow!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. missjane

Hi, everyone.

We are approved for the loan, but the owners will have to do some repairs first. I got my stamps in, so my cards will go in the mail tomorrow. Yay! The guy who wants to look at the van couldn't come today, but is coming tomorrow after I get off work. Hope to have it gone by this time tomorrow.

Lisa, sorry about H's car. Glad J know how to fix it. We aren't selling our house. It's jointly owned by DH, DBIL, and DSIL. My mom want to move from my grandmother's house into our house, which I am glad of, because it will put her right next door and easier for us to check in her. My oldest sister wants to move from Texas into my grandmother's house.
    Jess, I hope Eli feels better quickly. Glad work was better today.
    Lucie, congratulations to DD! Nurses here are in high demand...must be there, too. Tough to do at work, but sometimes, we have to just paddle our own canoe and let the chips fall where they may.
    Pam, I know the teacups will be a great favor. Two birds with one stone...getting rid of clutter, too!
    GrammaDeb, letting kids be disrespectful is doing them no favors. So hard to parents to do discipline well sometimes. Sorry you're having a hard time right now. It's perfectly understandable. (((Hugs)))
    Debbie, enjoy the snow. I bet it's beautiful. Prayers for minimal or no pain tomorrow and that you'r mouth heals quickly.
    Katrina, I hope DH feels better soon.
    Pamela, I'm sure everything will be lovely for Saturday. How many guests?

I'm off to bed. Plan to get up when DH does tomorrow. I've decided that's going to be the only way I can keep things going with my 8-5 work schedule.

Night, everyone...praying you rest well.