Tiring Tuesday July 3rd, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I just got up but seems I am tired already!!!!

Not much happening here. Work and home.

Need to go do some bills before work and mail a couple letters.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Half-day for Vic today and then he's off for a couple of days for an extended July 4th holiday. We're off to the thrift store again to see if there are any new uniform items, then the library and Home Depot. Home and then no doubt into the garage for Vic while I work some more on my CIJ posts.

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Nothing on the calendar for today.

I thought I had set my alarm so I could have Boots ready for her 7 am walk. Woke at a few minutes before 7 so hardly made it to the door to met LC1. Boots was thrilled and started barking so now everyone is awake. lol

Dh finished laying down the new lawn edging in the front yard. Looks really nice. I have an idea on how to raise the solar lights that are around the heart garden. I need to send him to Home Depot for some wood and the correct size spade bit and some concrete. He'll love it or not.

Wishing all a good day. Do some random act of kindness today.

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I are going on the ride this morning with, he thinks, about 10 others. There could be more. After that my friend and I were going to hit up the farmers market, but I screwed up and yesterday was the last day. I kept thinking yesterday was Monday. Ugh! I'm sad that I missed it, guess we should have went ahead and gone late yesterday or I should have just gone without her. They were gone all afternoon and I was waiting for her. Oh well. We'll still go to Sam's Club and get everything for tomorrow. DH's watch should be in today at Verizon as well.

Enjoy your day!

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I'm confused...yesterday was Monday.

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Back here after being gone a few days. Saturday we helped moved ds .... I mostly helped cleaning up. He has a nice 4,5 room appartment with his girlfriend. It's condos that are for sale and they are renting while waiting for it to sell. It was clean but you know how it is... still washed some ceilings, walls, cabinets, bathroom.... and it was SOOOOO hot!! Some of ds' friends came at 6:00 pm and they did the rest of the moving while I cleaned with ds' girlfriend. ordered pizza for the lot for supper. got back home at 10:30.
    Sunday up at 6:00 and on to dd's - luckily her boyfriend and his father had moved all furniture on Saturday and finished Sunday... so we did cleaning up... and boy did it need it! How can people be such pigs!!! I told dd to ask for a new shower it was disgusting.... well after cleaning it up and hours of scrubbing it looks quite good after all... I guess it had just NEVER been washed! It too me and my sis all day to clean just the kitchen and the bathroom. Filthy & disgusting. dh painted their bedroom closet and primed all her bedroom. dd & her boyfriend emptied boxes. we would have gone back to help but she is farther from us so she will finish up by herself - she is on vacation for 1 week and she still has TONS to do. She did tell me they finished painting and cleaning up her bedroom yesterday. Today she is attacking the hallway and prepping the office to paint. Once it's cleaned up it will be really nice. we had supper in Trois-rivières with her, her boyfriend, sis & bil. got home around 10:30.
    Monday was HERE - vaccum basement & main floor, lots of laundry & washing the main bathroom.
    We are having very hot temperatures since saturday.. ouff!! and it seems it'll be like that all week! even too hot to go outside. so glad to have a/c.
    This morning I've been just doing ... not much! ordered stuff from Amazon, Globo shoe store and AllieExpress (for Christmas crafting!). Took care of some paperwork, made a macaroni casserole for tomorrow, cooked some hard-boiled eggs for supper tonight (with white bechamel sauce), did dishes, called mom. Need to call my aunt, she is in hospital and they are saying will be put in unit for the dying (soins palliatifs? don't know how to say it in English).
    Enjoyed reading the CIJ blogs this morning.

Later

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! 91* when last I looked but maybe thunderstorms later.

I paid bills yesterday and got up to date on caravan stuff. Since I couldn't sleep I did more caravan stuff at 3 in the morning. Finally slept from about 6 - 10 a.m. Ugh!

Today started the laundry and went to the commissary with DH and got steaks for tomorrow. My friend will be out to join us but DS and DDIL are staying in the city. Tough when the holiday falls mid-week. Got corn and DH said he will buy some potato salad and cole slaw. Thursday I have a doctor's appointment and a haircut. Since we leave again on the 19th to travel through the state I again feel like I am trying to fit everything in too short a period of time.

Pam - hope you are feeling better
    Pamela - loving the CIJ posts
    Lisa - hope you are feeling better every day!
    Lucie - what a lot of work you did on the weekend!
    Lana - everyone into the pool!
    Jess - I often confuse the days. Yesterday seemed like Sunday to me.
    Diedra - your outside must look lovely
    Jane - I hope you are over your reactions to the meds

8. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Afternoon ladies. Technically we got out of work early but DH has to wait on something so I'm chilling at the moment. Walmart is across the street maybe I'll go hang out over there for a bit. It's hot hot hot so not sure I want to go out.

Have a great ladies

9. luludou

Just read and stayed in the shade this afternoon with a an iced tea... ah the good life! I need more days like these ;) My hip is bothering me ... hoping it goes away quickly.

waiting for dh to call so I can cook his bechamel sauce. I'll be eating a tomato sandwich with lettuce and cucumbers, much better for these temperatures. I went to see mil if she was ok in this heat and all is fine. I did propose if she wants to stay here during the next few days with a/c... all she needs is her phone... she talks on the phone ALL day long. I also calle my aunt, she will call back tonight. Has a hard time speaking with her lungs but she is doing better.

All is ready for back to work tomorrow.

10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's hot here too...88, but feels like 95*. It's HOT! We'll probably have T-storms too. We had severe storms yesterday....flooding, trees and wires down, etc....in town. We only had the thunder and rain up

here. I didn't check in yesterday....was in a funk. I did too much again....which was really nothing except run the swiffer over the hard floors....dry and wet. It's frustrating that I can't do what needs done around here. Today is better, only had a bit of pain after driving.

Miss M and I went to H's college town today to visit Hobby Lobby, Pier 1, and Target. We found art for her room, a new curtain rod for her sheers and got gifts for the upcoming parties this weekend. I bought a tobacco basket for the top of my hutch in the dining area. It looks cute. I also bought the first gift of Christmas at HL....a red tractor ornament for H. It was 92 down there.

I bought a comforter set for our master bedroom from JCP online. It is not as expected, but I thought I'd give it a try....so I also ordered a bed skirt, which came today. I've decided to return them. I truly want to do a total makeover, but new furniture is not in the budget. Ours is the set we bought when we married....just no longer our style....23 years later. lol I'm searching for nightstands now to change up something simply, new bedding and drapes.

I tried a new recipe for dinner last night....Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta. It was very good and the family enjoyed it. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/155022412158810376/

We will have Tacos tonight.

Lucie...sounds like a busy weekend, but an exciting time for your children.
    Hi Shannon!
    Safe travels Debbie!
    Waving hello to my gals!

~peace and blessings~

luludou likes this.
  11. p.a.

p.a. Active Member

“Palliative care “ Lucie..

luludou and teachermomof2 like this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning my dear friends.
    Wednesday here. Up and have got the grocery list done for tomorrow. Doing Aldi tomorrow for a change. My mum likes to shop at one certain shop and it is sometimes a challenge to get her to try new things.
    Off to work for an hour or two this morning. Need to show new CW a few end of financial year things. Don't want to be more than an hour but will see. Will need to get bread and milk while I am out. Thrilling day for sure.
    Will pop back later, stay cool everyone.

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lisa, I don't know your style but could you paint your furniture? Chalk paint or if you like distress.

14. luludou

Thanks pa... soins palliatifs vs palliative care... well I should've figured that one out :)

going to see Lisa's recipe.

'Night

15. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

Good evening! Most of this hot steamy day has been spent either shopping or doing food prep for tomorrow. It seemed like it took forever to get things done today. I have some cleaning that I wanted to do tonight but my back says I am done for the day. Our friends are coming at 1 so I'll just get up early and finish.
    The chalk paint is a great idea. It can really change the appearance. We had a second hand store that had classes. People had amazing results. I love the look but it doesn't go with anything we have.

16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Was just getting ready to type when I heard DD trying to let out Twillow. I ran up the stairs screaming NO NO NO. Twillow does not like to come in at night. I had just teased him inside with some raw shrimp, lol All is well except the walls are still vibrating.

Nothing exciting today. I took DD over to her friends house late this afternoon to pick up DD birthday gift. DD was a little disappointed because I think DD thought her friend was having a surprise Birthday for her. She forgets she had a fishing party last week.

Dh is off golfing with his friends at a different golf course than when they play in their league. I guess being so close to the 4th of July they decided not to have league.

We had finally found a shed we liked (10 by 12 feet). Of course it's already put together so there is no way they can lift it over the 5 foot fence we have. Our gate is only 5 feet wide. But we could order one that they can put together on site. So we are thinking that might be the only way we can get a shed in the backyard.

Have a restful night all.

17. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Ugh, I am tired. I had the day of today but was busy with the preparation of Gospel Fest. We had a meeting tonight and got a host of things added to my plate. The the commissioners says this was easy this year. Yes it was because I did the work. BigBoss was kind and told committee that I deserved the credit for the putting it together. That was appreciated. I need to sit down tomorrow after work and sort my notes. for tasks that were added and yet to be done some I can check off the list quickly. Lots of letter writing and information gathering.
    This event can't be done soon enough.

18. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Update on DD she is moving forward with her wedding plans. Her concern is she will have to give up her dream to support them. She said he is getting tired of not having any money and thinks he will get a job to pay his bills and help with the household expenses. Currently, he works 15 some hours a week a jobs that don't pay a lot. He has had interviews but no job offers. She told me she want joy in her life. I told her that her grandma would tell her the joy is spelled Jesus Others Yourself. She as walk away from the Lord and He maybe drawing her back. I am at the place where I feel God is saying to me, let Me work in her life. I continue to pray for her and fiance.

19. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jody, I was wondering about her.

20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

The "quick" visit to work turned into 3 hours. CW and I went through many things and I know that she will work on them over the next few days.
    Popped into Aldi, got bread, milk and a fresh lasagne for tonight's dinner. I will pop it in the oven before DrillDance training and DH and DS can eat whenever.
    Need to quickly clean up so at least some housework was done today. Will start in the loungeroom and move from there.
    Sleep well all.