To Do List Today Saturday August 4, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello MHH Land!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I have lots of things I need to get done so thats all that came to mind as I was opening the day! Some are little things I have to list just to remember and others are bigger things and stuff for Aunt Imogene. So hoping it is a good day and I accomplish things!

I will go do some banking for her while in Centralia. Since the manager is off next week and I don't want to mess with stuff for family with accounts and she would be the only other one at our branch to do it so will go to another branch today. If I take rings in to resize they should be ready for pick up on Thursday I think. Think I will look at a new printer and then have odd and ends to pick up. Have to run stuff by a few places, would like to pick up a few things for the shoeboxes for Christmas (school supplies) and see if I can get a few more shoeboxes (Peebles and Wal-Mart). Will try to accomplish as much as I can out of the house today when gone.

Ryan is suppose to get Teigan today so will see. Tomorrow is the Firemans Breakfast at Hoyleton so ....Anyhoo....

I pray that all of you with back aches find relief fast.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hello to all. just got home work getting ready to go to the wedding. really pretty out.ok have agreat day

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH is off to work at the motorcycle course and i'm sitting here piddling on the internet. I will work on my class some this morning while he's gone. I got my Stitch Fix box yesterday. I got 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of jeans, and a pair of TOMS shoes. I like the jeans and one of the shirts. The shorts are too big and so is one of the shirts but it is an XS already so can't go down anymore in size. The shorts I could probably exchange for a smaller size. The TOMS are $75!!! :eek: I don't spend that much on any pair of shoes unless they are a good pair of running/walking shoes. I'm not keeping the entire box this time so i'm pretty positive i'm not keeping the TOMS. I just can't fathom paying that much for a pair of shoes that don't seem that comfortable to me. I'm going to put a note in for next time to not send anymore shoes. I think i'm going to space my boxes out even more than I already do. The shirt i'm keeping will be good for when I start doing my preclinical and demonstration teaching though. It's a bit dressy. I need to start building up my professional wardrobe.

No idea what we'll do this afternoon once DH gets home. We went to dinner last night with our friends. We had planned to go to BWW but by the time we figured it out and got over there the wait was crazy with two large parties in front of us. While we were waiting us girls walked over to Ross and found shoes for the girls for school. We walked back over and turns out the restaurant had skipped a large party so the wait was going to be way longer than they had said. Some outside tables had opened up at Johnny Rockets so we snagged them and ate there instead. I like them better anyway. hehe

Eli and maybe DS still need shoes. Other than that I think we're ready for school. I do need to make a grocery run for school lunch stuff too. I don't think DD's backpack is going to be here by Monday either. It was coming from Hong Kong, but is now on the way from San Francisco. It should be here this week for sure.

Enjoy your day!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, my friends.

Went to DD's rummage sale. Got a skirt, a dress, a purse, and four scarves. Oh, and a bag of little frames with sayings on them and clips to put pics or stuff on. Cute!

It is so stinkin hot! Lord! My gear shift was too hot to touch. Had to put a napkin on it to use it. That is hot! Not lovin it!

I want to do a little around here. Make some space somewhere. Trying to get organized.

Stay cool. And drink lots of water!

6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Afternoon friends!

It's hot, humid and sunny here. We haven't seen a day like this in about a week. I can do without the humidity.

Not much going on today. I spent a chunk of it in the kitchen making a mock apple pie and making tortellini salad for dinner, along with lunch prep for the kids. M had her braces adjusted yesterday and is miserable, so I made her some alfredo noodles for lunch. I went to start laundry, but the water is brown from the iron....filter needs changed, so I'm waiting for J to do that.

Yesterday was busy....took M to the orthodontist, ran some errands, did some cooking for dinner, cleaned....the usual. Last night, J and I caught up on Yellowstone. Anyone else watching? We have one more episode and we should be right on track.

Pamela...sounds like my kind of dinner. That movie is on my agenda too!
    Pam...good finds at the rummage sale.
    Jess...good idea to build your wardrobe now....you'll save in the long run. I don't find Toms comfy either and at 75, I'd send them back too. They are cute though.
    Lana...hope you accomplished what you set out to do today!
    Hi HW2!

Peace and blessings~

7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Seems we're mostly all caught in this heat. It is so hot here that I set my bread to rise and it actually started cooking right there on the counter. I came upstairs to find the top crust cooked and my bread deflated and hollow. There was no saving it.
    I can't remember ever having a summer like this. Most of the beaches have closed because of bacteria counts, etc. I really hope this isn't the new normal.
    I've been perusing Disney Family's site. Lots of free printables and holiday crafts on there. Some pretty impressive stuff.
    143 days until Christmas.....

luludou likes this.
  8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I did accomplish alot this a.m. but now to see about this bedroom. I ran to bank in town here to pay a water bill for Aunt Imogene and got some more raffle tickets for picnic next Saturday and brought some for the cemetery raffle today. Ran to our branch in Centralia, then to GenFed in Centralia and got our pin number changed on our new cards and changed in smaller bills. After that ran my ring out to get resized. I didn't look at the paper till in the car and it will be $135.00 and take a couple weeks. I about died when I saw that but isn't doing any good laying around so ...... then to Goodwill (got 3 necklaces) and Teigan a pair of unicorn pjs, to Dollar Tree for some items for the shoeboxes and got Jaymee a leopard scarf, to Wal-Mart for mainly shoebox items and to eat. Stopped by to pay the a flea market place monthly fee for Jaymees items and home.

My co-worker had sent me a picture last night but my phone was completely dead and I didn't take it off the charger until this a.m. and turned it on. She had a picture of Great Pyrenee puppies that were at the small animal sale last night. So got the number and Allen called and we should be meeting them in a couple hours to get it. One girl left and 2 boys and from the picture they sent Teigan picked the girl. Black and white. The gray and white and brown and whites gone so glad she picked one they had. She also has picked out Lola for a name. I think. Allen has talked about one for awhile.

They all went swimming and I did dishes and picked up the kitchen.

Ryan got Teigan about 4.

9. MrsSoup

Hey!

A lady came and picked up the microwave we had for sale. Not the original lady that was asking about it but she was flaky and never responded after she made contact, so oh well. I finished up my first module in my class just have to take the quiz, one down and 4 more to go to be done with my first class. Yay! I took the kids to the PX to get a gift for a birthday party this evening and also found Eli some shoes. I was able to use some gift cards to pay for everything. The kids got Starbucks and then we stopped at the library.

DH just got home early so we'll see what the rest of the day holds.

Lana- Can't wait to see the puppy!
    FS- That's pretty hot to cook bread on your countertop!

10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Hi. I got up early - for me - and showered and went to Wal-Mart. I swore I would never shop there on Saturday again, but there I was. Picked up 2 prescriptions - paid $11 instead of the $350 it would have cost without insurance. Bought groceries and a couple t-shirts for me. When I walked out to the parking lot the heat hit me - I bet hell is cooler. By the time I got home the car was cool, and then I was soaked again when I finished unloading everything. Not fun.

I have chicken wings in the oven, and then I'll plop them into teriyaki sauce. I'll bake some French fries and add green salad - and dinner will be served.

I'm ready to sit down with a book and enjoy some laziness. Have a nice evening.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    Woke up before DH is which is unusual. Have had coffee and toast and he is just up now.
    Not too much on my list today but I must do the ironing or I will be going to work this week naked EWW. Need to wash hair and get ready for the new week.
    If I get time I would like to bake a bread like cake for work, might actually do that first and then tackle the ironing.

Would like to start some more Christmas gifts this afternoon too but will see how the day pans out.

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

If you are on FB go to me and my friend Jaymee Renee and she put a picture on. Printer isn't working. I looked at them today but that is all I did.

13. MrsSoup

Lana- I didn't see any dog pictures on her profile. She must have it set to private and not public so only friends can see.

The kids are off to a birthday party and I realized that I completely forgot to RSVP them for it. :oops: I'm sure Eli told the kid that he was coming, I just hope the kid passed the information on to his mom. They sent the invitations out like 2 weeks early and I just forgot about it.

DH and I were going to go on a bike ride but it wouldn't start again.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just after lunch time here. Cake is baked and ironing is done.
    I would like to go to the shops and stock up on frozen chips for the freezer. I would ask DH to go but he rarely goes to the shops and would probably grumble.
    Still need to make lunches for the week. A nap at some stage would be nice.:D