Totally Tuesday December 4th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Up and dressed! Need to pack me a lunch.

Will sew alittle on an ornament I am trying to do.

Allen went to the doctor and got the one we really like at Express Care and she said the meds the last one put him on was good ones but just didn't cut it. She came him more and said if not better by Friday come in and they will cat scan lungs to see what is going on. She hears wheezing but its not pnuemia (as we know I can't spell it---different every time!!!!) so will see.

I did dishes last night and cleaned in laundry room some.

I better get moving.

Have a GREAT day!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Wish I could up when I want instead of 4:50, yuck! Back to work this Morning and my desk is full, so that'll keep me busy and out of mischief!
    Brought my Christmas cards to mail (Don't want to drop them off at the post office, they'll only say they are not regular format, too thick, bla-bla-bla).

Nothing on the Schedule for noon, so that's a good thing.

Later

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Had to scrape the ice off my car with a credit card, can't find the scraper. I REALLY miss my garage. Anyone else off for the National Day of Mourning tomorrow? Will find out if that includes our department or not today. Off to work.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The elves made snowmen out of the donuts I bought yesterday for breakfast. They put them on skewers and used red hots to make the eyes and buttons, so they kind of look like demon snowmen. hahaha They left a sticky note that said, "Do you want to build a snowman?"

I'm going to Stroller Warriors this morning for the first time in a while. I'm running a 4K on Saturday morning so I figured I better get a run in beforehand to see how bad off I am. I have my mentor call at 10ish and then tonight is the Tree Lighting on post. I'll need to have dinner ready so we can eat before we go. I'll be continuing to work on my videos today. I got 2 out of 10 done yesterday. The videos are actually 15 minutes themselves but you have to read the writeup that goes with them so they take about an hour total. This will count towards my preclinical observation.

I should run to Target and see if I can find any shorts for DD, but she's so picky she probably wouldn't like anything I found.

Lana- Glad they are still saying not pneumonia for Allen, hope it doesn't turn into that.
    Lucie- I had to pay postage on a card that arrived yesterday. haha Just 21 cents, no biggie. The poor mailman was so embarrassed when he showed up at my gate.
    Pamela- The entire military is supposed to be off tomorrow. DH is, the kids still have school. Would be nice if they cancelled school too.

Enjoy your day!

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Not sure how I feel about a national day of mourning. I'm wondering if people will get paid for the day off. Not getting paid will be hard for some people. I know our mail lady will not be happy if she isn't paid.

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It is COLD outside! Feels like snow. We live near the base of a mountain with ski runs on top - I bet they get more snow today.

I have a question. Do you have any ideas for Christmas gifts for a truck driver? My bil has been driving for many years, and he has all the fancy doo-dads like fridge & TV, etc. He hates to read and has no interest in books (written or audio), has no hobbies - he just drives and sleeps.

I have a to-do list a mile long. As soon as the washed towels are dry I will shower and get started on it. Why are all my to-do's always so yucky? I wonder if I can find some chocolate hidden somewhere.

Have a great day!

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I'd say a gift card to one of his favorite places to eat.

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and 40's today.

Slept poorly. DH snored and hogged the blanket and at one point both he and Buffy tried to sleep on me. Not a restful night.

Trying to make some plans for tours for our trip to Israel. Should see if I have sufficient stocking stuffers. Almost lunch time.

TTYL

10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you are asking ...My dad was an over the road truck driver. I would give him a basket of treats for his truck.( I didn't know they put refrigerators in them now!) The basket had snacks he could grab and eat while driving. He only stopped once a day for a meal. Since it has a refrigerator would there be a dvd player? Maybe a movie or two?

11. MrsSoup

Deb- What about a microfiber towel that is quick drying for when he showers on the road? You could add it to a basket of items like Jody described. If he didn't want to use it for bathing he could use it for anything else.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Jess, here the mailman never makes you pay, at worst they return the card to sender. I know there are not problems with the ones I send to the USA, but the ones I send around here are a bit bigger.

I better get back to work, quite a busy day here today and angry cw has been on the phone all Morning, her daughter just got seperated and wants to go live with her with her 2 children.
    Next Week I have 4 days of training (including Monday!) so might take my thursday this Week in exchange.

later

13. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. tired didnt sleep good last nite. busy day at work. a santa did drop by and we took pic with him. have a good night

14. MrsSoup

I went to Stroller Warriors this morning and ran 2 1/2 miles! Luckily a friend ran with me (the Commander's wife), otherwise I probably would have walked some of it. At some point while we were running my legs and feet started to go numb. By the time we were done, both of my legs (from the knees down) and feet were completely numb. I could barely feel the gas and brake pedal driving home, luckily I live close by. My head and part of the left side of my face were numb for a little bit too, no drooping I checked. That part went away but my legs and feet are still numb over an hour later. They aren't as numb as they were but they are still numb and stiff when I walk. I'm not sure what's going on and if I should make an appointment or not. My back doesn't hurt or anything. It's weird.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Wednesday and the busiest day of the week for me. Today is grocery list, house cleaning, DrillDance training, and my brother is here to do the lawns. I am also hoping that he can put the garland on the garage for me.
    Boss would like me to look at some applicants for the position that we have advertised for. I looked last night and there was just one that I thought might work.

Anyway better get going and start this day.

16. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all!

Jess - yes, your legs should not be going numb - make an appointment
    Lucie - yes, take that day!
    Katrina - good that the boss is asking for your input
    Deb - I like Diedra's suggestion - or maybe a general gift card for one of the travel plazas like TA or Pilot

Exchanged the dogs meds and went to B & N to get a map of Israel. Didn't have one!!!! Had to order from Amazon and it should be here on Thursday. Did get some holiday food magazines although I notice that there are many fewer than there used to be a few years ago

Also printed out photos of the Hanukkah party and the tree trimming so I can scrap them. Not sure if I will do a December daily this year or not.

Ready to do next to nothing tonight;)

17. MrsSoup

I have an appointment for tomorrow morning. I will have to leave the Holiday Shop early but i'll still be able to volunteer for at least 2 hours. I will miss Eli's class but that's okay. I'll try to pick out stuff for him to get for everyone else while i'm there and leave him a list of ideas before I go. The numbness has finally completely gone away but I need to write down all my symptoms that started yesterday just in case they correlate.

18. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Jess, that is just scary. Glad you have an appointment.

Thank you for the gift suggestions. I love them.