Trash Day Thursday January 3rd, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Today is trash day so hoping to pick up some stuff here in my room to take out and need to go rid the fridge of all the leftovers!!!! It will be EMPTY I am sure then. Hope to wash it out tonight.

This week-end is to be high 50's. Crazy! They say next couple months to be cold.

Teigan will go back to school today. Jaymee will be able to take her today and tomorrow.

Suppose I better be moving it, so something gets done!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

2. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning suppose to rain off and on today. my grandson starts pre school today hes a little nervous but im sure he will enjoy it. its 4 days a week taking my decorations down today except for my tabletop tree. i will keep that up till the end of the month. have a great day

3. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

My house is quiet except for our dog clicky clacking down the hallway. Silly dog!!

Not much to do today. Just need to clean bathrooms and keep working on my hutch (I am folding all the table linens and putting them away extra nice). Suppose to warm up to reasonable temps today. I might get outside for a minute or two today.

I had the chiropractor work on my shoulder last night. It felt great until the middle of the night.... it cramped up and popped again. So frustrating. We go back next week so I can have him work on it again. I am just getting old and falling apart... at least in the joint department.

Oh, I posted a coffee cake recipe on my blog... it is a keeper. So good!!

Hope everyone has a good day.... stay warm.

4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I was up early to sit with neighbor. She is still sleeping, had a bad afternoon yesterday. The last time I was here she had a bad day. My heart hurts for her family - I do not like Alzheimer's.

When I get home this afternoon dsil will probably be cleaning house. I will scoop up DH, and take him to lunch and the grocery store. I guess I should put together some menus and a shopping list.

Have a great day!

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

DD started off the day taking a shower. We always help but today she was leaning out of the bath tub getting water all over the floor which set off the water alarm we have just for this purpose. She was screaming and yelling at LC1 who was helping her. Now she is taking a nap before she goes for a Pedicure.

Boots was to the groomers yesterday so smells great and her nails were clipped. (sounds just like what DD is having today)

Last night Dh called me up to see a deer in the yard. She was eating our lilac bushes. She saw us looking out the blinds on the patio door so walked over to the edge of the porch. She just looked at us and put her head down low so she could see Boots who was looking out the bottom half of the blinds. Not the least bit upset to see us or the dog. Was beautiful to see her so close against the white snow. Then she wandered off between the lilac bushes until a car came. So she trotted off across the front yard. I probably will not think it was so cool in the summer when she's eating all the flowers.

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Clouds giving way to sun today - high in the 40's. Don't I sound like a TV weatherperson!

After dinner last night I just kept drowsing off. Finally went up at 10 and asleep by 11 which is early for me. Feeling a bit more awake this morning and trying to triage what I can reasonably do before we leave (now it's tomorrow) and what I can't). Basically trying to make the house look good so we don't think we've been robbed when we get back. That actually happened to us once many years ago. The house was so messy it took a second look to realize we had been broken into.

Deb - Alzheimer's is one of the scariest things out there for sure
    Jess - glad the chiropractor got you fixed up
    Katrina - you amaze me that you get your shopping done so early.
    Carrie - the recipe looks yummy
    Faye - hope DGS did well at school
    Diedra - the deer must have been beautiful
    Lana - trash day can be a great impetus to declutter.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DD is heading surfing with our friends this morning. I had thought that Eli and I would tag along but then I realized that there just wouldn't be time for me to go and get back to get ready and to my event. I'm going to see Rachel Hollis, author of Girl, Wash Your Face and other books. She is speaking at Fort Shafter this afternoon, put on by the USO, so it's a free event. Luckily I saw it come across FB as soon as they posted the event and registered because it sold out within about an hour or less. They waitlisted a lot of people and I feel like it's going to be a hot mess there today with registration and people trying to get in that aren't on the "list". I definitely want to be there when the doors open.

DH put up cameras in the front and back yesterday and they are pretty cool. He got the Nest cameras. They are on our phone so we can see whether we're home or not and they alert us when someone is in the area or there is movement. We can also talk through the cameras. The one in the front is inside the house at the moment but at night you can't see anything because of the glare on the window so we're going to have to move it outside somewhere, just worried about someone seeing it and stealing it.

I need to call and reschedule DS's appointment today. He called yesterday and Taco Bell finally called him back for an interview. He'll call them when he's back next week and go in. Hoping he gets this job and keeps it! We are still trying to figure out the car situation for him.

Lana- Normally today would be our trash day too but with the holiday ours is pushed to tomorrow. I will work on cleaning out our refrigerator tonight.
    Faye- I hope DGS has a great time at preschool!
    Carrie- Sorry your shoulder was giving you fits. I may just have to try that recipe. Seems like coffee cake has become a big thing in our house with DH buying those little prepackaged individual ones a lot lately. DD loves them too.
    Deb- Alzheimer's is an awful disease. My grandfather had it and it was just horrible to watch him disappear. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Diedra- Very cool about the deer. We don't have deer here on the island. I miss seeing them, but not the chance of them jumping out in front of my vehicle at night. LOL
    Debbie- I hope you get everything done you want before you leave tomorrow!

Enjoy your day!

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

grandson really enjoyed his first day of pre school im so glad. opened a christmas savings account and put money away today want to put something in every week

MrsSoup likes this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! slept in LR - coughing and also dh kept vomiting (he was in bedroom). He was fine this morning though. I have coughing fits and just feeling generally blah.
    All Christmas is down in the basement - needs to be sent up in the attic. Thinking the trees might go in ds's closet as they are heavy to get up in the attic.
    Washed LR floor.
    Vaccumed & washed dd's room & basement bathroom. Washed basement bathroom.
    Replaced normal LR decor and got some fairy lights on the mantel and in corner kitchen armoire, makes it look warmer after all the Christmas lights are gone.
    Washed my bedding and aired bedroom to get rid of germs.
    Emptied fridge of leftovers too.

Later

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Friday here and a lot of little things on the to do list. Got to clean the medicine cupboard in the kitchen and if I get time clean the plastics cupboard. It is the messiest cupboard in my kitchen and can never figure out how to organise it.
    Need to put the things that I bought yesterday into their boxes and mark them off the list in my planner.
    Need to start putting Christmas away.

DD texted me last night to tell me that her and BF have put in an application on an apartment. Her lease is up at the group house in February and did not want to renew it. She is looking at a nice 1 bedroom flat for her and BF. I would like to take them to Ikea and look for a few things that they might need when they move in. They both have birthdays in January so thought I could get them some essentials as gifts.
    I hope that you are all having a great day and getting back to normal, hard to believe that just last week was Christmas, seems so long ago. I miss it lol.

11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I'm behind on posting and reading. It has rained and rained and rained here. I can't even get to my car without wearing my rubber boots.

We left Tuesday morning for Dallas to put DD21 on a plane to California. We made several stops along the way getting additional clothing that she needed. We spent the night and her flight was yesterday afternoon. Luckily, the freezing rain held off just west of Love Field. Then, the plane was delayed in Las Vegas due to some plane maintenance (that made me nervous!). She made it there around 11:45PM (1:45AM our time). It rained from the time we got up yesterday all the way home, and it's still raining here. Our yard is a lake. DD is in orientation for her job today and tomorrow.

DS and DDIL left on a cruise this morning. DGS#1 is staying with us. DGS#2 is staying with DDIL's mom at DS's house. DS and DDIL are taking off Monday and should be back home Monday night. Their boat was delayed three hours this morning due to fog. They stayed in Mobile last night.

I cleaned out two shelves of the pantry today. I need to do the last one. I started having back spasms Monday morning, so I'm having to be careful what I do. Riding five hours to Dallas didn't help it. I had to unwind my back every time we stopped before I could take a step...excruciating.

I need to go to Sam's tomorrow and get things for church. I don't think we need anything. I'm going to try and send lunch for DH and me each day when we go back to work. I'm so bad at doing that. He's better than me about doing it.

Later...

12. sweetpumkinpye

Phew, it is heating up here and going to be another hot one. Ticking off the to do list but also taking lots of water breaks. As much as I like the idea of Summer I cannot wait until Autumn and Winter when it is a lot more comfortable. Don't want to wish the days away, they go so quickly as it is.

13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Great job on opening that saving account!!!!

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

DD went to the beach with our friends this morning. There was a brown water advisory for the beach they were going to surf at so they changed plans. I went to see Rachel Hollis and she was fantastic! If you ever get the chance to see her, do! She is super funny and just real. She even showed us her tan lines on her belly. haha There were stripes from her belly rolls. LOL She was very down to earth and spoke nothing but truth. She was excellent at gearing everything towards us milspouses. Her husband came on stage with about half an hour left and they talked about their relationship and things that worked for them. I took notes throughout and have some things that I want to talk about with DH for us. We'll see. They did a photo op after but the line was so long I would have been there for another hour or two and I didn't want to stay, so I came on home. Traffic was already getting bad so i'm glad I left when I did.

DH took Eli for lunch at McDonald's and then they took the motorcycle to get shave ice in Haleiwa. He had a good time. Both kids are outside now until dinner.

15. sweetpumkinpye

Finally bed time, it has been a hot day. Tomorrow will be a hot one too, then will cool down before heating up again.
    Got all of Christmas packed away. DH will pack the tree up tomorrow and pack it back in the garage along with the totes. I got rid of a few things, stuff I didn’t love. Could probably have gotten rid of more. I did break one of DS ornaments which really upset me. He was fine. Glad I took the time to pack it all properly, will make it easier in December when I go to unpack it all.