Traveling Tuesday February 11th, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Not sure really why I called it Traveling Tuesday. I am working at a branch about 20 minutes north of me today (maybe 25) but I travel that about that to my regular branch to the west.

A dusting of snow is on the ground. I think Wed. night into Thursday they are talking snow, rain and Friday a.m. 6 degrees.

Allen is coughing around again but doctor put him on some steroids.

Starting to get lambs.

Had a murder in town. Town is about 550-600 people. People heard shots on Thursday night and cops came and looked around town but found nothing. Body was found Sunday in his house. Shot thru the door they said. Of course the last 39 1/2 yrs. I have been in the country. Autopsy to be done today. A guy in late 60s, I think he was.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

Debbie, when you getting the truck? LOL! They always have a purpose for taking you to look! LOL!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good Morning Lana and all to come for a visit.

Yesterday was a good restart day for me. I think posting my plans for the week gives me direction as to where to go. I even had some me time.

This morning I am off to volunteer at school. Praying the llittles don't come to school with illnesses. Last week one had a bathroom issue and was asked if he told his mom he didn't feel good, yes he did and she made him go to school anyway....some parents can not be inconvenienced by there children. This mom took over an hour to come and get him from school when he was running a fever.....

I remember when I was working after my first born. I was in a carpool and an hour from home. I had to make a split decision as to weather or not I would stay home with him. DH wor ked 2:00 am -9:00. I expressed to my boss at the time how hard it was, she told me, "God first, then your family, then your job. I can not tell you how much relief it was to hear that.

Almost time to leave but want to update Weekly Wonders before I go.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. I don't have anything planned for today. I'd like to catch up in my calendar/planner but it feels like a "go with the flow" kind of day. It supposed to rain again tomorrow. So tired of all the rain.

Lana I hope Allen's cough is better soon.
    Miss JoDee your former boss sounds like a wise lady.

Have a great day all..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends.

I am going to have lunch with Mary Jo. I will pick her up in about 40 minutes. I don't know for sure where, but we do need some 'girl time'. She is still paying for her son to stay in a motel! Grrrr. Oh well.

Today is gonna be our warmest day. Wanted to do laundry, but DD said she is still pretty sick, so maybe a day later in the week. I don't have a free day later in the week. Except for Friday, and that is Valentine's Day, and I just cannot handle that any more.

It is very gloomy out. I need the sun to shine! I am not a sun worshipper, but I want to see it after so much gloominess! I guess I am weird that way. Lol.

Hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lana- I bet the lambs are darling. Sorry Allen is sick again. A murder is definitely unsettling.
    Jody- I hope everyone stays home that needs to today.
    Hi Tricia!
    Pam- Enjoy your lunch!

The guys are off to the lighthouse for sunrise and then hoping to be able to do Diamond Head this morning. Looks like more rain is coming but hopefully not until later. I am headed to school this morning to observe and like Jody, hope that the truly sick ones stay home. I'm keeping DD home today even though she has been fever free since Sunday just as a precaution, today is 5 days since she was symptomatic and she is on Tamiflu. She will go back to school tomorrow. I'm hoping DS is going to school today but we'll see. Eli was trying to say his stomach was hurting again last night after being fine all weekend and all day yesterday. I wasn't buying it. He will go to school today. :rolleyes:

I need to remember to put dinner in the crockpot before I leave and grab the things that I wished I had with me last time (k-cups, coffee cup, sweater, glasses, highlighter). There was a Keurig but no k-cups so i'm guessing we have to bring our own. I'll bring my own reusable cup as well to cut down on waste. I need to pack my lunch too. Other than that i'm ready to go.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    A running day for me, I have a Dr's appointment and then need to go to the the rego office (DMV) to cancel my registration and to apply to store my number plates. Then to meet DH at 10 to maybe test drive a car. Home to do a grocery list and get ready for DrillDance training tonight.
    Need to catch up with some washing and general chores as well.

Please keep my DS in your thoughts, he is struggling a bit at the moment.
    Have a great day my friends

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It is sunny and warm here - just like summer.

So we need a new truck because of the many new safety features....We decided to cash in part of an annuity ( we are old so there is no penalty) and that would cover the difference on the truck - after trade in - and would also pay off the Airstream. Would leave us entirely debt free with some $ to pay for the things I want to do on our NY house. So maybe it's not such a bad idea. DS has said that all he wants from us inheritance-wise is $1. Good kid!

Today was the PO and the pharmacy which is having trouble with the insurance for my meds. We have decided to take the dog out to dinner at Tiajuana Flats which has a large outside eating area..

Waiting for some things to arrive from Amazon. Ordered a new coat tree, toilet paper, a folding luggage holder, hot chocolate and a cookbook for me:)

Jess - last time I was in HI I convinced DS that it was an easy walk from our hotel - the Hale Koa - to Diamond Head. It's not! By the time we got there I could have collapsed but made it to the top - I was younger then. Took the bus back!
    Pam - hope you had a wonderful lunch. Where did you go?
    Katrina - thinking of DS
    Jody - you had a sensible boss
    Tricia - I don't like rain either
    Lana - don't know about the date for the truck. We haven't officially bought it yet. Maybe I'll get another WaWa lunch out of it;)
    Pamela - thinking of you - where have you been?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello everyone.

I was up at 5:00 to fix breakfast for everyone. At 5:30 dgs came downstairs to say his daddy was home today. I wish I had known, I would have not been up so early. I let dsil have the kitchen, and I stripped my bed and continued doing laundry. Dsil took the dgkids to dgd's 7am acupuncture appt and then to school. While they were gone I cleaned the kitchen and fixed breakfast for the adults.

I got some piggie snuggles while dsil cleaned out their cage and dd bathed them. Now they are clean, sweet-smelling, and sleeping.

Oldest dgs left at lunchtime, headed to Los Angeles - he's a truck driver. He is such a good kid, so kind & respectful - and he sure loves his younger brother & sister.

Time to change laundry and start some embroidery. Have a good day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

School was good today. I got some assist time today. One boy got sent to sit with me in the back because he couldn't calm down after recess. He was fine, did a multiplication timed sheet and then went back to his seat. Then another boy came back with me because he had a complete meltdown after getting behind when the class was filling out a factor chart, so I calmed him down and helped catch him up. Since I was there last week on Tuesday it was the same schedule so not much new to write down. They go to PE at 12:30 so i'm pretty much done by then if i'm not able to stay all day, which i'm usually not because I have to pick up Eli from school.

The guys went for sunrise and then climbed Diamond Head. I think they got rained on a little on the way down. They just went to pick up Eli and then we may run down to Ko'Olina to the lagoons, although rain is on the way so i'm not sure. They fly out tomorrow and it will be nice to have the house back, although it was nice to have visitors as well. Eli needs to go back to his room and have his space back.

Later friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Another day done... not a good one at work, but hey what can you do?
    Had paint class - was fun.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

It was a busy day at work, so that made it go quickly. I left a little after 3 today. DH and I went to Monroe and bought the door handle for the front door at the house and a few other things to repair some minor things that really don't make any difference to others, but I want them fixed. He bought a lock for the outdoor storage building on the property. DBIL is going to look at the front door to see if he can help us get it properly hung. If not, we'll call the carpenter and that will be all we're doing before the appraisal. We also went to Sam's while we were in Monroe to pick up some food for cooking on Wednesday nights at church.

It's raining here, which seems to be the norm for this winter, like last. I noticed several large trees today have laid over because the ground is so saturated the roots are giving way with the slightest wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be very windy and stormy.

I have four loads of clothes that need washing. I'll probably get two or three done before I go to bed tonight.

Lucie, sorry it was a bad day at work. At least you had the short distraction of painting.
    Jess, it's nice to see family, but it is always a relief to get a household back to normal.
    GrammaDeb, to know you could have slept in would certainly have been nice! Is it still cold today?
    Debbie, my Highlander has some of the new safety features. I must say it really is nice. I worry about the cost of repairs when things no longer work correctly, though! :eek: Hope you get a great looking truck!
    Katrina, prayers for DS. My DDs tell me sometimes that we didn't tell them everything there was to being an adult because we knew they would have stayed with us forever! Oh, my! I don't know how I could make it without leaning on prayer and my relationship with God.
    Pam, where did you and MJ end up today? My mom has a friend like MJ who lets her grown son walk all over her. She has done it all his life, and she isn't going to change now. I'm sure MJ is the same way. Just walk beside her and be her friend.
    Tricia, I love those kind of days when I can go through it taking care of things as they come up. It means all the major things are taken care of! :D
    Jody, so many parents don't want to be inconvenienced by their children. Sweet little babies go uncared for because of it. It's such a blessing to work for a boss who has the right priorities.
    Lana, praying Allen doesn't get more sick. So disconcerting about the murder.

First load of laundry is about finished, so time to swap it over and put another on to wash.

Hope you all rest well tonight.

luludou likes this.
  13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Ctown went fine today. Called my sister at lunch and we went out to supper. Her and her partner live in Centralia. Had a nice 1 1/2 hour together.

Allen is just coughing and spitting crap up, not sick. Hope the steroids kick it and it doesn't settle.

Had 2 sets of twins today and a single. Makes 10 lambs and 6 or 7 left to lamb.

It is about 8:45 think I will get some tea and see what else to do.

NIte

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Another busy day and I kept sneaking a peek at my book because I was getting to the really good part and just could hardly put it down. Finished it up on the bus home - Belgravia by Julian Fellowes, so my kind of book.

Home now to catch up on email, Facebook, You Tube, do a little budgeting, relax a little. A package of page protectors I ordered came from Amazon so maybe tomorrow I will work a little more on my December Daily. I'm so behind.

Not much else going on. Found a really nice resort in Okinawa that is opening in the late spring. Might be just the place for a little getaway when I'm out there in the fall. I really wanted to go to China since I would be out that way but Vic said no, too difficult for him to get permission to travel there. Anyway, look at the situation now, so glad we had to pass on that idea.

Looking forward to Sophia coming this weekend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.