Traveling Tuesday March 12th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I really need to get back to MHH---miss it! Seems I get up and start on other stuff and time to leave for work.

Not really traveling but it is my day to work at the Centralia branch. So I go about 20-25 minutes north instead of west today. Same hours.

A lady from a rummage site should bring me in 11 dresses, a short outfit and 4 or 5 shirts for Teigan.

I have my hair in hot rollers and I have the dishwasher going and I handwashed some dishes.

Allen took the bedframes down to Jaymees last night. And I think the couch and kitchen set comes today --- or at least this week. They still have to redo the bathrooms floors. Guy used the wrong grout and then they will be able to go. :( :) ! Teigan is excited at times and others she doesn't want to move. Moving isn't fun she says. But I think she knows she will be here yet with Allen watching her and she can come whenever she wants. He will see her daily yet---but I won't :(. Her and I have nightly routine so might be hard on her (who am I kidding--both of else). But they need their time and space and Lord only knows my house needs help. 4 adults, 1 child and GOBS of toys and 2 cats.

Pam, nice to see you back. House sounds nice.

I better move along--leave in 30 minutes and have to decide what to wear.

Have a GREAT day everybody!!!!!!

CIJ will be here before you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning al MHHers

Dh will go pick up his new dentures this morning. Once he is back I’ll head to the courthouse with the report. DD is downstairs saying ouch ouch ouch my neck. She hasn’t been doing any of her exercises for almost a month.

Weather here is warming up. It’s 19F right now going up to almost 40 as a high. Looks like it might stay above freezing for the rest of the week. We have flood warnings for the next two days because rain is heading our way.

Enjoy your day as best as possible.

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Lana, Bummers about the grout!

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Still a bit rainy this morning but I loved lying in bed last night listening to it fall. Washington is my happy place! I used to drive to the bus stop and sit in my car until the bus arrived but at the new house, the bus stops at the end of the street, just about five or six houses down. Super convenient.

I should have put chili in the CrockPot this morning but I hit both snoozes on my alarm and didn't have time. I'll make sure everything is assembled tonight so it will be quick tomorrow morning.

Off to start my day at work, have a great day everyone!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy now but supposed to get some sun later. Going to be around 80*

Woke up to an e-mail that my BFF who lives in England will be coming for a visit in October. Very happy and excited and starting to make plans in my head!

The installation of the kitchen blinds was supposed to happen today but when the fellow came to do it he found that 3 out of 4 blinds had been cut wrong! He will take cake of complaining to Lowe's but that means that a process that was started in late January still has not been finished.

Someone is coming later today to sharpen our Cutco knives. Hope that goes well.

I have a cooking class tonight - New Orleans foods. Looking forward to that!

Pamela - welcome back! May you have only joy in your new home!
    Lana - it may be more of an adjustment for you than for Teigan - but you will handle it well, I'm sure
    Diedra - hope the weather gets better and the flooding doesn't effect you

PamelaG likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have another day at home with nothing on my schedule except my mentor call. I will be continuing to plow through my performance assessment. I got through 6 of the 10 videos yesterday. 4 more to go and then I can start the write-up. I think DH is taking me to lunch, unless something comes up on his end. This evening is a meeting at DS's school about a trip Spanish class is taking to Barcelona and Paris next March. He really wants to go so i'll attend the mandatory meeting this evening and get the details. I told him he better start saving money. We'll help some but he needs to save a good amount of it himself. I definitely think he should take the opportunity. I wish I could go too... I could but I think he should do this by himself.

DD has her clean card trip today to Sea Life Park. I should have gotten my list made and be going to the store this morning but I didn't. Eli's teacher emailed last night and asked if I could get a few cans of chili instead of drinks for a nacho party they are having on Thursday.

Lana- We miss you too! Good haul on the clothing! I'm sure it will be a hard transition and take some getting used to as close as you all are, but it will all work out. :)
    Diedra- A heat wave! haha
    Pamela- So glad to have you back!
    Debbie- How exciting! Oh boy, I wouldn't be happy about the blinds. Enjoy the class!

Enjoy your day!

PamelaG likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. saw tyler perrys a madea family funeral movie. still cool out but the sun is nice. have a good evening

9. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Howdy!!

Yup, it's me. I'm back.... consider yourselves warned!!

There is an update in the Welcome section of what I have been up to.

My days are long and busy, so will post when I can. I am home sick, so that is why I have time to stop by today. I have missed you all so much and look forward to hearing all about your days again.

We have a mix of snow/rain happening now, but it isn't amounting to much. Warmer temperatures are in the forecast, I am so ready for Spring.

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Welcome back to our dear Mel. You have certainly been missed and we have certainly been warned!
    Also welcome back Pamela, nice when family comes home.

Wednesday here and a busy one. Grocery list needs doing, pantry and fridge need tidying.
    Housing inspection this afternoon so will do a bit of tidying up before then but mostly I am done.
    DrillDance training tonight, will need to have a chat to the team as they are all starting to get a bit antsy with State and Nationals looming. Nerves and frustration starts to kick in about now.
    DH would like sausages for dinner so need to pull some out of the freezer and decide what to have with them. Need to shop for bread and milk at some stage...what a thrilling life I lead.

Better get moving, speak soon.

happy2bme likes this.
  11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! was a busy day but team has been told about the move and that 3 people will be sent to work in other teams (2 of the girls will be coming to sit next to where I am).
    At noon had kinesiotherapist appointment.... 1st time with her and she comes to the office. Postural reeducation and a kind of acupuncture in the ears too... all for my feet. will go back next Thursday at noon.

So nice to have Pam and Mel back! :) makes my day!

Night

PamelaG likes this.
  12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Hello Everyone. It's so good to hear from Mel & Pam...and everyone else too!

It was drippy and cold this morning and I wanted chicken noodle soup for dinner. I had everything except chicken stock, noodles (I was too lazy to make them from scratch) and crackers, and I needed a couple prescriptions refilled - so off to Wal-Mart I went. By the time I finished shopping I was $100 poorer and it was warm outside. I made the soup anyway, and I look forward to having some as soon as dsil takes dgd to gymnastics.

I got a text from one of my dd's this morning with an ultrasound picture, telling me I'm going to be a "great" again. Aack!! They're ganging up on me - I need to start another baby blanket pronto!

I plan to have a nice quiet evening with my feet up. I hope you all have a nice evening too.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again!

Cutco knife sharpener did not come and we had to call him to find that out! Rescheduled for Monday.

Class was good. Made gumbo, shrimp and grits and bananas foster. All delicious.

Great to see our friends back.

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I worked on my performance assessment all morning, ran the cookie money to the girl scout leader and went to lunch at Moe's with DH. I went to the meeting at DS's school about the trip to Paris and Barcelona. It sounds like a fantastic trip and a great opportunity. It will cost just over $3600 for the trip plus money for lunches, tips and spending. Everything else is covered. According to the booklet they will start in Barcelona and then go to Paris. DS has a year to save up money for the trip. We will put up the money to reserve his spot and if you reserve by a certain date you get $100 discount. He can also set up a donation page so family can help fund his trip.

I have one video left to watch and then I can start my write-up.

Congrats Deb!

I'm getting a headache, think i'll go to bed early. I have been so tired lately and have been falling asleep earlier than DH would like I think. Clomping around in this boot is wearing me out. Goodnight friends.

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Congrats Deb

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Congratulations Deb. How exciting.

17. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations, Deb! It's always an exciting time when there is a little one on the way.