Tueday june 12 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jun 12, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH friends!

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

A cool 7C here this morning. Was awake at 4:30 and decided no gym so wanted to take a walk around workplace... I did a quick 20 minutes... cold! but it's supposed to warm up to 26C.
    Nothing much on the agenda... have to do an auto-evaluation at work... duh?? boss is supposed to do that for each one of us but asked us to do it... pfffff
    Have a great day

3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. its cloudy here but suppose to get to 75. going to finish working on the guest room . made 3 bags to go to good will. going to starbucks later when i take my daughters dogs out. not sure what else i will be doing . have agood day

luludou likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Cloudy here. Wind has came up really strong the last 2 nights about dark with thunder and lightening but no rain. Could use alittle. Farmers are starting to cut wheat here.

Last night we ate outside. Need to put my cushions out. Also need to paint the chairs and tables.

Was working on going to bed about 9 but started with some paper work for Aunt Im so got there about 10:30.

Ryan was off before dark so he planted some seeds and Allen finally got the sweet potatoes into the ground. With the tractor being out of commission earlier in spring alittle behind on disking the garden. Need to get sweet corn out.

Was going to wear a dress but I haven't been able to find my half slip. Suppose I could go without-----several do-----BUT........

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Lucie, glad the meds did okay second time around.

HW2, I want 75! We are to be mid 90s.

Lisa, sounds like you are getting stuff done!

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Another quiet day but my back is feeling much better so it will be a good day. Vic is underway on his inspection so he won't be home until tomorrow. Our property manager emailed with a few issues at the house - the light fixture in one of the bedrooms isn't working and the kitchen deadbolt needs attention. He'll take care of both so it will just be the cost of supplies. We are very fortunate that we have such a great PM. I belong to a landlords FB page and I read nightmare stories about the issues people have with their PMs so I am especially thankful.

Today I tackle the office. I.will.have.clear.surfaces.by.dinnertime!

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I did all of DH's and my laundry yesterday. 10 loads and it felt like 100 trips up & down the stairs - ugh. Vacuumed and remade beds. It was my night to fix dinner, but I was too tired and sore to wash dishes & clean the kitchen. That task is staring me in the face now.

I will take DH to the podiatrist this afternoon. I need to do a little shopping for him - I'll try to do that today. His birthday is in a couple days. I want to find a new wallet and a special ring for him - he will be the big 65. I ordered an Edible Arrangements fruit bouquet for Fathers Day. I have always wanted to but we never had a store near us.

My library book is due back today. I need a new book to read but I don't feel like going to the library. How sad is that? I''ll try to renew it online and make the trip another day.

Now I'm just rambling. Sorry. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We are headed to the beach this morning so I need to get in the tub and prepare myself. hehe Then I need to make sure the boys are up and getting ready and have eaten breakfast. I need to gather all the necessary beach supplies, load the car, make some sandwiches and gather snacks and prepare a cooler and the beach bag. Lots to do in a short period of time. Our friends need to run down to the VPC and pick up their Jeep that is ready, I think she is just going to drop him off and then head to meet us at the beach. We're meeting someone from South Carolina that is here visiting family and I don't know them well so I would rather her be there. We'll figure it out.

Enjoy your day!

8. festivefun

festivefun Member

Hello everyone. I had a crummy day at work. Nthg specific, but feeling really down about it all. So much going on with end of term and our school show looming.
    Had enchiladas for dinner and kids in bed (not quite sleeping though). I'm lying on couch browsing here, having a chill out as my DD has a dance show on Thu and dress rehearsal tomorrow night, so going to be exhausted by time Friday arrives.
    Going to have a shower before lying in bed and reading and/or planning.
    Have a good day

luludou likes this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Lovely day! Sunny and low 70's.

Had lunch with my friend and we discussed our camping unit's facebook page and she will be working on it. I went to the yarn shop to find out able blocking a shawl and I'll have to go back with the pattern. I might try the other nearby yarn store and see what they do. Just finished a bunch of printing and I may start printing out photos. Dinner is leftover Chinese food.

Michelle - hope things get better
    Jess - hope you enjoyed the day at the beach. Early morning work would not suit me at this point in my life...
    Deb - 10 loads is a lot!!!
    Lucie - boss throwing off his work on you guys???
    Lana - hope you get all the planting done with Ryan's help
    Pamela - hope all is fixed quickly
    HW2 - I only have one bag for goodwill! You're ahead of me!

festivefun likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Wednesday here and a day off for me. I think new CW may have it figured out so I don't think I will need to go in. 'Have washing in the machine and will hang it inside as it is threatening rain, we need rain so I am happy.
    Will tidy my wardrobe today as I want to make sure any clothes that I do not want are in bags before the big garage clean up next week.
    If time allows I will tidy up the gift cupboard too.
    DrillDance training tonight so a few things need to be done before that. Not sure what is for dinner but I think enchiladas sound good and I have all the ingredients.
    Washer is beeping, back later.

11. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Lana . Cant remember the last time I wore a slip but I hate my legs touching when I wore a dress so I always had some kind of leggings. I discovered the best thing called slip shorts. They are material similar to slips and are about mid thigh in length. I wear them all the time even in the summer under sundresses

PamelaG likes this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Evening!

Work was slow but got several things done.

Came home, ate, watered flowers, changed the hummingbird water, fed fish and cleaned the bird bath. Teig p wanted to go deer looking so we did that. Saw several and 6 turkeys. 5 or 6 little deer. Got home and caught lightening bugs. Inside and I collected kitchen trash, Allen did cat litter and I started dish washer, hand washed a few, have towels in washer and I just got out of the shower.

Had a few more things on my list for tonight but......

Shannon, I have seen them. I have always liked dressed but seems I can't find many I like now a days. I have several skirts but still need that darn slip.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Wardrobe is cleaned. Tossed a few things that were not my size or style. I have a few things that are too small for me so must try and fit back into them. Other than that I think that I am right for clothes. Really need to make sure it is something that I really love/will wear before I buy anything else.
    We will have tacos for dinner, have got the mince out thawing and will do that instead of enchiladas.

Hope you all have a great night.