tuesday 04/16/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Apr 16, 2019 at 6:14 AM.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning everyone have a great day

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I always start training as kittens. First in the house and then in the yard. Twillow wears a hidden fence collar so he can not wander the neighborhood.

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Nothing on the schedule today. LC1 is working today and tomorrow. DD is downstairs saying she is half dressed. Not sure what that means so LC1 went to check it out. lol

I need to go mail a box to my niece today. My brother who didn't want any of the genealogy items emailed yesterday that he now wants some of it. Well the trash went out yesterday before he emailed. I'll still box some things I held back once I made some copies. I do have a box of books (bibles and poetry type) from the family I could mail to him.

Enjoy your day and do something for yourself!

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Morning,
    Spent yesterday baking cookies and this and that. Today I went for a mile walk with DH made a list of what needs to be done around the house, moved items from one set of bookshelves to another set. DS is moving next weekend and we are giving him the good set of bookshelves as I have something totally different in mind once we know where we are going to settle.
    Thought it was going to be in SD but DS and family are not able to make it (financially) where they are and DS is applying for other jobs. The church they are at cannot fully support them and 4 of 5 having celiac there are a lot of medical issues and a large grocery bills having to buy gluten free. Ddil does her best to make as much as she can.

DD is suppose to stop by today for a visit. She said she was coming yesterday and didn't I was so disappointed.
    DH is in a mood, he as some manic/depressive tendencies. The weather hasn't helped. He has been working outside but it is either windy, cold, or snowing. It is starting to warm up and we are waiting for things to dry out.

I have kitchen windows to clean on my list today. I also need to fix the "shoe" as they don't stay open on their own. It is an easy fix once you get it loosen.

If I keep moving I can get that done and finish my CIJ ornaments Let's see what the day brings.

Faye, sorry for the lost of a beloved pet.
    Diedra, it that what always happens, you offer, they decline, you get rid of it, they want it. Frustrating, glad you still have some stuff you can offer.

housewife2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

On my morning show that I listen to Dave Hollis was talking about how you should treat everyone with positivity even those that are negative, especially those that are negative around you, because it almost forces them to become more positive. It's sort of like when someone yawns and you yawn, the mirror image effect. Interesting concept and i'm going to focus on doing that. My friend is negative a lot and it drives me bananas, everything happens to her even though it doesn't and a lot of the time has nothing to do with her...so i'm going to bring on the positive. I have tried before and there have been excuse after excuse thrown at me, almost like resistance to happiness and positivity because it's easier to dwell in the negative. I need to work on my own positivity as well with my thoughts and that starts NOW!

DS texted me last night and asked me to make him an appointment because he said he's having sharp pain in his lower right side. The only appointment that worked with my schedule today was at 0900 this morning, which means he will have to go to school late. :rolleyes: Was really hoping to not have to do that, but I have my Ortho appointment at 1:20 and I doubt I would make it back for the 2:40 appointment and they won't let him be there alone even though he's 16. So, it is what it is. Baseball practice this evening for Eli. I have my mentor call this morning and was hoping to finish up my task beforehand, but now that's not going to happen. :( Ah well, it will get done. I'm almost finished. I can work on it on paper while at the doctor since I don't have to have resources for the last section.

Hi Faye!
    Diedra- You snooze, you lose!
    Jody- Sorry DD didn't come by. What area is DS looking at moving to?

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

He seems to be wide open. They need a place that can support them financially ( send them $ each month, it's like supporting a missionary). There is a church in St Cloud MN that they are very interested in, but it will be a while before they hear back from them as they are just getting started the process. DS will tell Ddil where is church is located and she will research it for doctors, grocery stores, dance studio etc that will meet their needs. They dance studio sounds frivolous, but all 3 girls love ballet etc. dgd5 just started gymnastic and loves it, she has sensory issues and this suits her much better. I think she will be switching to that in the fall rather than dance.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

MissJoDee - I Don't think it's frivolous - it's good the girls get to do Something they love.

Got the inserts for my shoe at noon, no idea how much it'll cost she didn't make the bill, will pay on Thursday (it should be around $100). Had lunch with some cws.

Busy day at work but pork loin is in the crockpot and just need to do the rice when I get home

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Back at work today, stiff, but hanging in there. Bruising is starting to come up on my left side, it will be technicolor in a few days I'm sure! Busy day since I have to catch up from yesterday so it was lunchtime before I knew it. No doubt 4:00pm will come quickly too. Nothing really planned for tonight, just relaxing. Less than two weeks before Vic gets here.

As Miranda Priestly says in The Devil Wears Prada, "That's all".

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon . work was kinda slow today guess everyone is at the grocery store getting ready for easter. t ball game tonite/ i got the stickers for the christmas in july in the mail today thank you. have a good evening

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Started out chilly and Sunny but warmed up to the 60's. Actually a lovely spring day and a great day to walk in the city, which I did.

Got my hair done - from now on it it just grows out on it's own. Then I stopped in by where DS works and got my promised bread! Since I am not as young as I used to be all that walking and I am pooped. I don't think I will do anything tonight and really try to catch up on stuff tomorrow.

Jess - hope DS is OK
    Faye - I'm glad I don't have to go to a grocery anymore before the holiday. Just odds and ends of vegetables.
    Diedre - so what did "half dressed" mean?
    Jody - hope DS finds something soon
    Lucie - crock pot dinners are a real time saver
    Pamela - an easy night sounds great

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Still not sure what half dressed was all about. She came up the stairs dressed. LC1 helped her with a shower today and DD got in her nap. DD is now putting on her PJs for bed. She is working on her round loom coasters.

Not sure what I did today but I took all day to do it. lol Dh mailed my package for me and did the shopping. Dinner was leftover ribs (from the freezer) and coleslaw so not a lot to do for that. Tomorrow I have another added on report to do for DD.

Now I'm going to look for a recipe for Peri Peri Chicken. It was in the book I'm reading, The John Milton Series. Two of the characters are to Nando's eating Peri Peri Chicken and fries. Will have to add it to my menu next week.

snowgoose likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Took DS to the doctor and she said it was IT band and gave him some stretches and a pain patch. He went to school but couldn't find a parking space. He drove around the school for over an hour, to include through the neighborhood across the street and down the road. He even asked the church next door if he could park at the end of their lot and they told him no! Not very Godly of them if you ask me. He finally gave up and came home. I emailed the counselor and explained the situation and said that I thought the office was only supposed to sell enough parking passes for the amount of spaces that were available to the students to park, so if that is the case then there are a lot of people parking without passes. It's ridiculous that DS couldn't attend school because he had an appointment and was coming late and couldn't park. I couldn't drive him because he would have had no way to get home due to my appointment this afternoon. Since you have to pay for the bus here, the bus wasn't an option.

I went to my appointment and the PA spent less than 5 minutes with me. She said since we've exhausted all non-operative options I needed to make an appointment to see another doctor to discuss surgical options. The soonest appointment is May 14th! That's a whole month away. On my way home, my ankle was hurting horribly because there's no support from the boot anymore. I got a phone call from Ortho, which I just left, to say that the new doctor ordered a CT scan and another x-ray to be done before I see him in May. I will call and schedule the CT tomorrow and I should be able to do the x-ray any time here on our post.

Still need to finish my task, worked on it and wrote down some thoughts while I was at the doctor this afternoon.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

DDIL text me this morning to see if I could pick up DGS#2 and take him to the baseball field at 4:30 today. So, when I got off, I did that and we were at the ball park until 8:00. Ate supper out at a local restaurant. Besides work, that's about all that's happened at our house today.

Duty tomorrow, so an earlier than usual morning.

Off to bed, so I'll see you all tomorrow, Lord willing.