Tuesday, 3-24-2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning to all of MHHland.

2. Pam Spaur

Hope you are all starting your day with love in your hearts and happy thoughts in your head!

Another night of crappy sleeping. This is how it went. Fell asleep about 10-ish. Woke up about 11:18. Back to sleep shortly after. Woke up again at at 1:28. Awake till almost 4:30. Back to sleep till about 6:00. That was my night. I had heartburn that wasn't fun. I was finally able to get some relief with my Tums, but it was bad. What is really bad is how thirsty it makes me, esp. When I did not drink water much yesterday.

I have had my shower, and will get dressed and run down to the store. Then back home to do my kitchen again. I made this taco casserole last evening. By the time I got it done, my back was killing me. I would sit down between cooking "sessions". It was ok, and next time I make it, I will add black beans and something else. I used spaghetti as the base. Best spaghetti I ever cooked!

Well, I guess I had better get busy. Have a wonderful day. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

Another gray start to the day. I am not sleeping well either Pam. I was awake earlier than usual due to this tickle cough. I gave up trying to sleep and got out of bed. I showered, made muffins, and had my cereal while watching Rachel Ray. J is working from home, so the vibe is a bit different here today. Not good or bad, just different.

We got word yesterday that schools are closed until at least April 6th. :( Necessary, but sad.

I'm planning on cleaning the playroom today. I don't get upstairs very often, but did last night for M's dance class and was flabbergasted at how messy it is! Those kids of ours! So M and I will be dusting, washing, and vacuuming today. I'm sure she will be thrilled. Lol

Nothing else planned for today....just the usual, cooking, cleaning, praying, repeat.

Love and blessings,

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Add me to the not sleeping well list! I was up multiple times during the night, seemed like DH was as well. I got out of bed about 4:50 and came downstairs. I made more coffee for myself than I usually do and then washed my hair in the kitchen sink. Does anyone else do that sometimes? I usually don't but every once in a while I do. When I was growing up, my mom and I always used to wash our hair in the sink, not sure why but it was what we did.

Homeschooling this morning, mentor call also and I need to finish up my task and get it submitted. DS's success coach is calling this afternoon and on my end it shows that his pacing is behind on a couple classes and in the yellow in another class. o_O He says he's working but I hear him talking to friends frequently. He will get a warning today that if things don't improve he'll have to move the computer downstairs or do his schoolwork on an old laptop down here where I can monitor his work habits. I've warned him multiple times that he should not be talking to friends while doing his work as it's a distraction. We paid too much for this school for him to be stupid. :mad:

Pam- Be careful going out.
    Lisa- Good luck with J working from home. I'm waiting for that to happen with DH and i'm not sure how that will be for us. We are not used to having him home and I don't think the kids will enjoy it at all. haha

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. It's sunny & breezy, should be warmer than yesterday. It will be nice to go outside for awhile.

I also slept rotten last night. This darn sciatica and sore knee kept me awake and moving all night. Acetaminophen doesn't touch it and Ibuprofen is supposed to be bad for the kidneys. Guess I'll break out my bottle of Aleve and see how that works.

Dd & family will take dgs to his heart doctor appointment sometime today for his yearly checkup. He has had 2 open heart surgeries, 5 years since his last valve replacement. It continues to slowly leak. Hopefully he's good for another year.

I will continue crocheting on the baby blanket. I should get it finished tomorrow or the next day. That's the plan anyway. It isn't as if I'm going anywhere.

Have a nice day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Lol! I was awake at 4:15 and got up at 4:30. We should have had a conference call.

chilly and damp here today. I should go down to get the mail but too lazy to put my shoes on. Have laundry going, the dish washer going and husband working on our taxes for the accountant. Which means I can’t be in my sewing room because “he needs me”. I brought a cutting mat up so I can start working on the masks but most of the fabric needs washed so in limbo right. Maybe I’ll take a nap.

Husband wants me to walk to the mail box with him so I guess I’m off. TTUL

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have been staying up late and it has caught up to me. Got out of bed at 9:30, not a choice need the washroom.
    I have showered and washed my hair with high hopes of having a positive day. The bathroom door stuck shut with no one inside and when I told DH about it he snap at me. (he knew it was sticking but did nothing about it) It has happened in the past and he hits it with a hammer. Today he brought the same hammer again. The problem is the latch plate was to far out. He finally took it off and shaved the wood and fixed it right.

I asked him a bit ago why he responded to me they way he did and he said he the stay at home is bothering him. That man doesn't go anywhere..... What he did say last night after watching the news was that it was worse than he thought. That is what is bothering him.

I am feeling really down. More info of the trauma that was suffered was reveled and it crushes me. I don't ask for info it is shared because someone needs to share their burden. I just want to scream at God and cry. I feel so let down by Him. DH won't let me process through it with him as he prefers to stay ignorant of the facts. I thinking I may need to go to counseling to learn how to deal with this. Sorry ladies I am in a bad place today and feel very alone. I groan, Come Lord Jesus, come quickly.

Okay I have to something, I best get myself outside and into some fresh air.
    Love you friends.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Jody, you don't have to apologize to us for anything. We are here for each other, no matter what. God knows how you feel, and He is there to take this burden from you. He really does understand your feelings, because He also lost someone so close to Him...His son. So He really understands.Go ahead and scream and cry. Beat your bed with a frying pan until your arm gets tired. It is ok. He loves you and you are His, Jody. He cares about you so much. Just give it all to Him. Those of us here at MHH who have lost someone, understand what you are going thru, Sweet Girl. We are always here for you!

Ahorsesoul and Miss JoDee like this.
  9. MrsSoup

DH is now working from home and this should be interesting. He is downstairs and we are getting prepared to start our school day. The TV cannot and will not be on during our school day so if he isn't working then he will have to go upstairs. I put the TV on the Soundscapes channel and the kids seemed to enjoy that yesterday. It is not raining this morning so we will go on our walk in about 15 minutes. DH has already run into the office early this morning to grab something and now he is running back because he grabbed the wrong charging cable for his laptop.

I think we should all figure out Zoom and do a call! It would be fun!

Deb- I hope the appointment goes well!
    Amelia- We STILL need to do our taxes but need some assistance because we have some questions. I don't know what to do about it now that everyone is on lockdown.
    Jody- I'm sorry for all your are dealing with. I'm here via PM or telephone if you need to unload and talk through anything at all. Sending you all the love my friend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon... rotten night here too, but with hot flashes. Slept on the couch after 1:00.. guess dh didn't notice as he closed the bedroom door so I could sleep in when he got up at 5:0 :) wasn't there!
    We're up to more than 1000 cases in our province.

DH will be home starting tonight.
    Sis called, she told dad they wouldn't see each other for 2 weeks, she says he didn't take it too well.. she explained so they don't get sick.. he says he prefers to die with them in their arms than alone :( will try to Ftime with my parents tonight. tried calling but they are not there... guess they might'v went to my brother's.

PAM YOU NEED TO STAY HOME... get the essentiels delivered, or ask John or Jennifer to bring them to you.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Another day....

Didn't sleep well either. I didn't fall asleep until almost 4 and was up at 8. Since DH was out I managed to get into the 2nd bedroom and move some stuff around, toss some stuff and just make it look a bit neater. Processed the meat I managed to get. Told DH we might have a ham for Passover since pork seems to be in good supply;)

Went for a solo walk today and the only people on the streets were the homeless. Just doing more genealogy, knitting and reading.

DH is starting to take some of the stuff out of the LR which is making me happy. Otherwise he seems to be adjusting well to watching tv most of the day.

CoronaVirus - wise NY is #!!! and Tampa is finally looking at a "stay home" order

Yes, Pam - stay home! Everyone here who is over 60 should heed the advice and stay home as much as possible - even me, I guess, although it bothers the heck out of me.

Hugs to everyone, especially those doing homeschooling.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Quiet here, DH is still working at the office, he is Federal Government so will be open until they shut him down and he works from home.
    Wednesday here, I will be doing some cleaning and then tomorrow and Friday will do some more of my Winter prep. I lost some time to this last week so I will be on catch up now. No DrillDance training but I have set the team some tasks and we will work on those things tonight. The girls will post photos of what I have asked for and we will critique those photos.

I normally look at the grocery catalogue on line any week, it is normally 20 ish pages long. Today's online catalogue was 4 pages long and only included Easter Eggs and alcohol. Very sad.

Better get my day started, I am going to wash all the throw rugs.....exciting.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I'm sure you could find some online counseling to help. Sometimes it's just nice to talk to someone about it and they will get you on track with some ideas that you just can't think of right now. Maybe someone at your church could help.

14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

After the kids and I completed our homeschool day, DH and I went out to brave the Commissary. We decided to go to Hickam this time instead of the Navy Exchange store. It wasn't busy and we found pretty much everything on the list plus some, except for hamburger. We spent around $360! :eek: This quarantine/stay at home stuff is sure expensive, but hopefully we won't have to go back for at least two weeks.

The kids painted for arts and crafts time this morning. I sure wish we had sidewalk chalk but the Commissary doesn't sell that and I forgot about it, otherwise I would have run over to the PX while we were out. I need to start working on finishing up my task and get it submitted. DH is working away at my desk in the front room. DD is not feeling well since we were out. We came home and I could tell something was off but she didn't want to admit it. Her stomach is hurting, her cheeks are rosy but no fever and her eyes are a bit glassy. We'll see how she does. DS has been in the bathroom with the poops today, probably whatever he ate last night. He likes to come down and night eat.

Our schools are out now until April 30th.

I better get busy!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening!

I have to laugh because I was awake from about 1:18 to 3 this a.m.. Not a good sleeping night for us MHHERS!

Jody, you are in my prayers and we are all here for you. HUGS!!!!

I am showered and going to go work on some paper work.

Allen put a pork roast in the crockpot today and it was good. He found it yesterday and some chicken. I made a loaf of cheddar bread and it cooked while we are supper. Also cooked a few potatoes while eating and then got them ready and in fridge to be fixed tom. night. Cook potaotes then grate or shred. Melt cheese and butter together and then add in sour cream, salt and pepper, onion and then use ice cream scoop and put onto a dish. Refrigerate overnight and bake. Will see how they are.

Have dishwasher loaded.

Need to go put dish towels in washer.

Later my friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

All tucked in bed for the night. I ate way too much for dinner tonight. I made a soup mix that we got for Christmas, that I doctored and some biscuits. Then husband brought me a large glass of wine. We had a fire and watched home improvements and took turns napping. Husband is still watching the news and honestly it makes my blood boil so I came upstairs.

Taxes should be done tomorrow. Hopefully I’m not “needed” and can sew. I think my husband will run them to the accountant since they have a lock box for drop offs.

JoDee, it’s ok to vent here! I think Pam said it best. Those kind of situations in my life make me think of Lt. Dan in forest gump, shaking his fist and cursing God. And I have done it. God can take it and he understands. Continued prayers for you and your family.

Jessica, you mentioned Zoom, I had to laugh. Myron’s behaviorist was trying to help me connect to Zoom. Myron didn’t travel well and their office is almost a 3 hour round trip for us. Anyways, we spent about 2 hours trying to get me set up. Ended up just doing face time. I’m sure the tech need counseling after trying to help me. I’m challenged to say the least.

Wishing everyone sweet dreams and a sound, restful sleep.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

We are now under a tsunami watch. A 7.8 earthquake hit just east of the Kuril islands. The news keeps reiterating that we are under a watch. If it comes the first wave would hit around 10:42 p.m. tonight. I'm waiting for a volcano to erupt as well. o_O I think I have finished my task but i'm going to let it marinate for a bit and then revisit it and read it over.

We watched Frozen II again. I have yet to get tired of it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Another late check-in after a rather frustrating day. Connectivity was so slow, I feel like I spent the better part of the day just staring at the screen. Hope it's better tomorrow. Watched some more Ozark then a video from a UK vlogging friend that almost made me cry. Her mother is elderly, in fragile health physically and mentally after having lost her husband of 42 years. My friend takes her mother out to lunch a couple of times a week and shopping. That has slowed considerably as places close. Her mother rarely cooks or eats for herself, doesn't have wifi so no technology to keep in touch so my friend is torn between keeping her distance from her mother in case there is any risk of her having been exposed to COVID-19 or putting her mother's mental health first and still visiting her. She's been through suggestions like sitting on the patio and having her mother stay in the house, or twice-daily phone calls but she is so concerned about her mother being alone. I think also that her mother's fragile mental state is preventing her from understanding just how serious this is, no matter how much my friend tries to discuss it with her. It's heartbreaking. Sorry, very dismal post here. I'm off to bed, haven't had too much trouble sleeping, hope those of you experiencing interrupted sleep have a better night.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  19. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Everyone is in bed except dd and me. The silence is soothing. Tonight it felt like we were in a movie theater with different movies playing loudly in different rooms. Dh & I watched an Elvis movie - I can't believe I thought his movies were so wonderful when I was young. I crocheted while listening, and looking up periodically. It's time to put the piggies to bed, bring in the dog, and put myself to bed.

Have sweet dreams.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. MrsSoup

Evening!

DD and I went for a short walk around the neighborhood and then DD, DH and I played Monopoly. I won!! I realized how stressed i've actually been when everytime I look at my watch it says i'm stressed. haha We had fun just being silly and playing the game. I decided to have some Mai Tai that I found at the Class Six a couple weeks ago, it is so good. Maybe i'll sleep better tonight.

DD got some work from her PE teacher, workouts and such. I told her that I would do them with her. We'll see how it goes. I got a message from Eli's teacher that they would be posting something soon. I broke another piece of my tooth off earlier on a piece of jerky. I guess i'm just going to have to stop eating on that side altogether. I know the dentists offices are closed, not sure if they have an emergency line but if it starts hurting then i'll call and see.

Goodnight friends. I hope tomorrow dawns with a fresh perspective for us all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.