Tuesday April 7th, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

To be 84 today! And storms possible from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m..

I cut my bangs last night! They were driving me up a wall!

Asparagus is starting to come up---YUMMY!

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul and girlsinmo like this.
  2. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning yes suppose to be in the 80s here. i feel better today. i want to work in the garden today, hope everyone has agood day

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

We are to be around 80 today. But this crazy Indiana weather will be whatever it wants!

I got my sewing machine set up yesterday. That means I will spend the afternoon sewing. And maybe that will calm my spirit. I sure hope so.

The Windows will be open today for sure! And I will still ponder on Holy Week.

Hoping that Jane is doing well with her arm. If she sees this, I just want to tell her that when I broke my wrist, I put a trash bag over my cast to take a shower. It is a royal pain to wash your hair, but it can be done!

I had better get busy! I still have laundry to put away! Lol. I pray that each of you has a great day. Enjoy this beautiful say. May the Lord bless you! Stay safe and be blessed!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept until 5:13 this morning, making progress! haha Tank got up to come look at me and then Perry got up to claim his bed back from Tank and then I got up because it was just too much noise to go back to sleep. I worked on a grocery list from the running list I had and then what DH mentioned last night. He will be the one to go, in my mind anyway. I told him last night that the really only want one person going out, he disagreed, but i'm hoping he'll go this morning while we are doing school so I wanted the list ready. I need to narrow down meals and make sure everything is on the list.

We'll do school this morning and I have my mentor call later. I need to work on my last task for my PCE course and get it turned in. I didn't get to it yesterday. Doesn't look like rain today so we should be able to go on our walk. DD and I went on one last night. I need to make zucchini muffins today before the zucchini goes bad.

Hi Lana and Faye! Lana- i'm sure your bangs look great. Faye- enjoy your gardening, glad you're feeling better.
    Pam- Have fun sewing!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul, girlsinmo and housewife2 like this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It's sunny and pleasant but they're threatening to bring back humidity tomorrow. There goes my hair!

So I've been busy this morning. Made the stuffing for tomorrow's turkey breast, made the charotsets (chopped apples and walnuts mixed with sweet wine) and mock chopped liver that I like (walnuts, hard boiled eggs, sauteed onions and mushrooms) and will soon be making brownies with almond flour. Wonder how they will taste. And I should make some matzoh crunch.

I also made some masks for us out of tie dyed bandanas - looks like DH won't wear his but will stick to his OD bandana.

Lana - it is hard to be well groomed in this situation;)
    Pam - are you sewing masks????
    Faye - glad you're feeling better
    Jess - wondering what Eli said about his birthday
    Pamela - sounds like you did 5 days of work in one day!

Ahorsesoul, girlsinmo and housewife2 like this.
  6. frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman Active Member

Good afternoon/evening peeps...Hope everyone is having a good day so far...Its been another bright and sunny day here today...My wife phoned around a few neighbours today to see if they are all ok as they live alone....I managed to get them some essentials and left it on there doorstep...Spent the morning painting with the gals in the kitchen then we went out for our daily exercise along the bay...Enjoy the rest of your day/evening ahead...Please stay safe and healthy peeps.

7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

The weather goes from sunny to rain and back again today. Temp is 59* but feels cooler to me. I'm so cold in the house...not sure why. It's so quiet outside. It's pretty quiet here. J is working from home. I did a few school items. M is having classes today and doing her work, too. H went to work at the dairy.

I "spoke" with a mom on messenger today. She said her son misses me so much, and that he is sleeping with the note that I enclosed in their work packet. How sweet is that?! The school district is slamming us with information and resources, but there's no direction on what is expected. It's quite frustrating.

That's about it here. Planning Tacos for dinner with some cheesy rice.

Stay safe and healthy friends!
    ~blessings and peace~

8. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. This weather is crazy. We're in the upper 70's today with screens down to air house. Supposed to be mid 80's tomorrow, 60's Thursday & 50's Friday. DH took a sick day today just to use it. He has lost so many over the years because he very seldom used them. I cooked our supper already so as not to heat house up. We're doing all we can to not turn the AC on esp since we're going to be living on a fixed income soon.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Tricia...seems so early for those temps! We are at 63*, but it felt warmer in the sun. Wind is cool. Looks like thunderstorms tonight.

Maddie and I walked the yard and then played some frisbee. It was good to get out and move around. Traffic picked up. I guess people are traveling home from work.

10. MrsSoup

Hi again!

The kids and I went on our morning walk and it was beautiful. Our new neighbors are getting their household goods today, i'm sure they are thankful for that! DH took each of the dogs for a walk individually. I suggested taking them since we are all home right now to try to tame Tank down a bit so the rest of us can walk him. Guess he decided today was the day to start, we'll see if it continues.

I'm almost done with my third task and then i'll be done with PCE. My program mentor said that all praxis tests had been cancelled and they had no idea for how long or what the states were going to do about it since it is a requirement. I am still good for DT since I have at least attempted the praxis II test (passed 2/4). I'll keep studying for when they become available again. I doubt i'll be able to take it on my rescheduled dates in early May.

Debbie- Eli had a great birthday and he was very excited and surprised about the parade that came and went by. :)
    Frosty- Very sweet of you to get essentials for neighbors that live alone.
    Lisa- Oh my heart! How sweet! I'm hoping DH can find hamburger today when he goes out so that we can have tacos too.
    Tricia- Yep, he better use them all up, no sense in wasting them.

11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. It's gray, cold, and drizzly. I sewed another mask for dsil this morning. Making little tweaks here & there. I cut out 2 masks for dh, and I'm ready to get them sewn. They are obviously NOT 15-minute masks.

The dentist office called to say dh's bridge came in today, and they changed his appointment from Thursday to tomorrow. I think that's just silly - what is one day?

I put dh to work this morning making a birthday card for dd#2. I already have the template set up on the computer. All he had to do was find a picture for the front of the card and type a thought in the text box. My husband the computer expert ever since computers became a thing, couldn't remember how to use a text box or even find a picture. That's retirement for you - I am not impressed.

It's time for me to sew this next mask. Have a nice day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

LC3 was here for here second day and will be here again on Friday. She is a cleaner. She cleaned both bathroom and the kitchen floor today. The other day she vacuumed the whole house including the sofas. She wants me to make a list so she has something to do while DD rests. So far she is working out well. She has used sign language before but has forgotten a lot. DD will teach her.

I have Katrina’s Raspberry White Chocolate French Toast in the oven. Had to cook it a little more. Today is one of the days the oven is working slow. Will be glad when Sept gets here so I can replace it.

It turned out to be a beautiful day but started out rainy. Dh and I worked in the hallway closet by the garage. Took out the flimsy wire shelf replacing it with heavy wooden shelves. Put in a board so I could put in hooks for mops and cleaning tools. Then i had Dh put up a row of coat hooks very low to hang shoes on. We kept one hook on the wall for LCs to hang their purse.

DD finished her fishbowl needlepoint project so she is thrilled. Now she is starting a golf bag picture frame. She is getting very good at the stitches....unless she is tired.

13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! woke up a bit later... I think I'm fighting off another cold (or is it the same one yet)? no wonder with those temps... not one nice day since we have been in confinement. At least my back is much better.

An ok work day, caught up on lots of stuff.

DH is watching an old hockey game and practicing his guitar. He goes in to work tomorrow.

We stopped by ds's house (and kept our distance).. except the dog but they will wash him when he goes inside. He was too excited. Xavier kept smiling whe he saw us. we tried taking a picture by the window but it didn't work so we had to open the door. Gave him a shirt, a tp roll :) and a bottle of wine... which he can drink in 3 days to be safe no virus on the bottle.

homemade pizza for supper.

Night
    92360188_153104596061109_2478548957060399104_n.jpg 92688136_585238768748674_3816248570445561856_n.jpg

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

What a cute grin!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  15. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Back to teleworking today, a little catch up from a few things I didn't get done in the office and the usual mountain of email - updates, guidance, new requirements, it's never-ending.

Watched World on Fire on PBS - binged through the whole thing, thought it was just one season but it ended with a cliffhanger and I was relieved to read there will be a Season 2. Sophia took Betty Blue Subaru in for a recall on the rear coil springs and called me to say the dealership recommended rear brake work. I dug out the service records and the front brakes were worked on a while ago but couldn't find anything on the rear. They had time to take care of it so ka-ching, thank goodness for the emergency fund as brakes are not cheap.

My Tupperware lady dropped my package off at the front door - six of the small midget containers (for dressing or sauce, perfect size to take to work) along with four small tubs, maybe 1/2 a cup size. She also included six freebies - two citrus peelers, two scoops and two funnels. I think I'll put one of each in the gift closet for Sophia's stocking. She must be a mind reader because my citrus peeler really was on its last legs. The new one is a lot sturdier than the old. I need to ask her to be on the lookout for something to keep bread fresh - Tupperware used to make a long, rectangular container for a loaf of the cheap square bread like Wonder and a shorter one, a little wider for regular bread loaves. Haven't seen either of them for some time.

It's time for dinner - Pomegranate Fig Lamb Shanks - just a ready dish from Costco, thought it looked like a great deal at $6.99 until I got home and realized that it was $6.99 a pound and the package weighed almost three pounds! There are two so it will make two dinners but at nearly $10 a dinner, it will be a real treat. I just hope it tastes good.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Evening!

Not much going on around here. DH went for a ride earlier, I stayed home. I made zucchini muffins. Eli has been in the pool and I did some reading out there but it got too hot and all of our neighbors are in their backyards, so I came in. DD has been on the front porch reading in the hammock. DH worked out and is now on his computer. We're so exciting. My friend just called and chatted, nothing much new. She is making masks.

I think i'm going to do some more reading and maybe make myself a drink and sit on the porch.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

If you can take a photo of your family with the pink super moon. We lucked out with a nice afternoon. Usually DD thinks something like the moon is dumb but she was ok with it tonight.

Had my bath, just need something to drink (either hot chocolate or cranberry juice) and then I think I will read.

LC3 birthdays this month. I had no idea of what to get her until we got talking about genealogy. I ordered a DNA kit. It will be this years and next year since I ordered the one with ancestry and health results. Next I need an idea for LC22 soon to be LC23. Haven’t a clue this year. DGS will be 5 but we have lots of toys but will not see him until the virus crap is over. May just send a card with a gift card for something (again no idea). I love gift cards but they seem senseless since most can’t be used.

Sleep well under the Pink Moon.

18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone!

Dh mowed yesterday, so I was home alone most of the day. I paid a few bills and looked online for transition pieces where the floor transitions at the new house. It's hard to see the colors online, so I'm reluctant to order them. I can send it back I suppose.

Today, I sanded the window sills at the new house so I can re-varnish them. It was going to be a Saturday project after we moved in, but since it's a one handed job I can do....decided to go ahead with it. I held fruit trees in place for DH to stake them, golden apple and two mayhaw trees.

It's exhausting being able to use only one hand...feel for Diedra even more now.

Stay safe, everyone.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon, Wednesday here and we did groceries today as I think that the shops will be crazy tomorrow. Did not get everything on my list and prices are certainly higher than normal.
    I will put it all away and then have a rest for a while, like many of you my back is sore.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I didn't do much today. I didn't get to bed until after 2 am no reason just not sleepy. I thought I would be sleeping in until the phone rang and it was Ddil saying DS just left in the ambulance to the ER. He has an infection and was having a allergic reaction to some meds. He had been diagnosed via telehealth and wasn't getting better after being on antibiotics for several days. So between antibiotics/steroids and naproxen for pain he woke up with a swollen red face and extreme itching. (Dgd said he had a red pumpkin head.) They did a CT scan at the hospital and said it was not cellulitis the ER told him the evening before. They gave him IV antibiotics and he came home. At around 9 she called and had just dropped him off at the ER again because he was running a fever and the pain was unbearable. He is now admitted into the hospital and receiving IV meds for infection, pain and dehydration. I can't even go and help. No one can go to the hospital to be with him, what an awful ordeal for the family. Prayers appreciated. Ddil is still recovering from knee surgery and is having difficulty caring for everything. (whispering quietly...the problem is in the scrotum)

luludou likes this.