Tuesday Augusth 7th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Aug 7, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends!

2. luludou

Another night of restlessness and quite a thunderstorm around 4:30 this morning. Today should be more gray and some rain and a little less hot. Finally!

Have another mile-long to-do list. 9:30 osteo appointment. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow... ugggg! but with dd going back to school in september I will try to help her out financially a bit.

'Later

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning Lucie and All!

We also had a thunderstorm that I heard about 3:30. Still hear the thundering in a distance. Rain sounded so good getting. Will be nice for the flowers, fish pond and pool.

Use to be when we stayed opened till 6 on Friday it was your day off that week and you'd get a half hour for dinner now you get 20 minutes so time is made and we close at 5 on Friday. Plus you have to be sure you are to work on time. I don't have a problem getting there 7:45 (unless something happens) but 20 minutes go fast!!!!

I did get my closet/vanity area cleaned so now to come into main bedroom part. YIKES!

Lucie, enjoy your day today!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. got up and had steak and eggs nothing else for me today till dinner alight one at that. couple errands and to the library today. clean out the kitchen cabinet. have agood day

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Busy day around the house yesterday - laundry, more inventorying, entering items into the app. More of the same today. I booked our hotels for the cross country trip so that's done. Hard to believe we're under 100 days already. Made a master to-do list and need to sit down with Vic to assign a deadline to each task - all those pain in the neck jobs before you move like take things off walls, drain washer, label all the electronics, dispose of hazardous chemicals, etc., etc. Will work on that this weekend when he's home.

6. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I need to do just general things today. Tidy the kitchen and wash clothes, go to the grocery store...should go to the library and have a reading binge before going back to work!

We're supposed to have rain coming later in the week, but sunny, humid, and hot today. I'm looking forward to some rainy days.

HW2, steak and eggs sound good! Your day sound much like mine.
    Pamela, so much to do before your move!
    Lana, 20 minutes is a very short lunch break. Hope you get to work in the bedroom. Ours is a disaster right now. It seems things that have no home end up in there.
    Lucie, I know what you mean about helping DD. That's the main reason I haven't let go off the job at the bakery. It gives a little extra for me to do some things for our kids that I wouldn't get to. DDIL is working on getting her master's degree. DD25 is working on an RN degree. DD21 is still in college.

Hope you all have a good day.

luludou likes this.
  7. missjane

Jess, which island are y'all on?

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

just cleaned off the back porch some the vacumned out my car soaking wet off to take a shower to run errands will need another shower when i come back. boy i hate the humidity

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Jane- We're on Oahu, it's the next to the last island up the chain. It's looking like our island isn't even going to get really any winds from Hector with the path it's on now.

I have PT at 11:30 this morning and then Audiology at the VA at 2. So I won't come home in between. I think i'll just find lunch at the Army hospital and read a book until my Audiology appointment. I'll work on schoolwork until time to go and I have my mentor call at 10, that's a weekly thing.

Apparently my friend kind of got on to DD yesterday when they were playing because her daughter couldn't find her yesterday morning at school. I wasn't very happy about it. I'm still not sure what to say about it so am keeping my distance until I figure it out. We did speak on the phone last night and she made a passive aggressive comment and I did say something then but i'm still a bit angry about the entire thing.

I better make sure Eli is up!

Enjoy your day!

10. PamelaG

So inappropriate for your friend to get onto DD like that - sounds like a bit of helicopter mom syndrome that she can't leave the issue to be handled by her daughter if it is even an issue at all. That's a tough one for you, say something or don't say something...I'd say let it go and let the girls work it out. If your friend does it again, however, I'd be having a word with her to back off.

MrsSoup likes this.
  11. luludou

Have cleaned basement bathroom, went to osteopath - no more appointment for now unless I feel I need one, stopped to get mail, made muffins, prepped some american stir-fry (macaroni chinois here) for tomorrow, prepped gym clothes & work clothes for tomorrow, 1 load is in washer, made 3 days of overnight oats for my workdays, called mom, called sil to see how she's doing and to tell her there is now someone doing acupuncture at the clinic (might help her with all the cancer symptoms), made a list of things I need to buy.

Need to make a ham/cheese/veggie quiche for supper, wash dishes and fold clothes and then it's all FUN things to do... make lists, go over Halloween notebook, knit, find some posture exercises to add to my weekly routine, go over my list of daily routine to see how much of it is being followed, maybe order some stuff online :)

Later

12. MrsSoup

Yes, that's how I feel about it also. I just need to get myself to the point where I can let it go and not say something. :) So i'm keeping my distance today, which is easy because I have appointments. I did see her at the bus stop this morning and she acted like everything was fine. She was talking to someone else most of the time so I kept to myself. Her daughter seemed absolutely fine, they walked home from school together and she said she had a great day when I asked her, so I don't think she had any hard feelings at all. My friend tends to exaggerate things quite often and put words in the mouths of others that weren't said. So, I don't think it was even an issue between the girls and if it was, i'm sure it was spoken about and already resolved (which is their way), so there was no need at all for her to say something to my DD or to me like that last night in passing.

DS is off to school!! Yay! I'm so hoping and praying for a much better year than last. We have laid down the ground rules and made him 100% aware of what will happen if he starts the antics again. He has a lot to look forward to this year and a lot to lose, so i'm hopeful. I hope today goes well and starts the year off on a good foot.

13. missjane

Hey, everyone. Taking a rest. I found a post on my sister's facebook for some back exercises. I'm going to try them and see if they help. It's classic sciatica, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I went through my closet one final time this morning after seeing what I have that goes with what. I probably kept more than I should have, but I'll make a conscious effort to notice what I wear and don't wear this school year and get rid of anything I don't wear. I saw that the consignment shop is taking fall/winter starting today.

I played with the puppy this morning (45 pound, 5 month old Lab), have finished the laundry, and decluttered in the kitchen. DH has the dog with him at DS's house, now, so she can be outside for a while. I need to try and bathe her. She stinks like a dog, and the house does, too. o_O

HW2, you're so right about the humidity!
    Jess, I agree with Pamela's advice. Glad you're not getting hit by the hurricane.
    Lucie, hope SIL takes a chance on the acupuncture.

Find some time to do something you enjoy today or just to rest.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  14. MrsSoup

I finished module 2 of my class and will start module 3 either later today or tomorrow. Week 1 ends tomorrow so i'm making excellent progress. The pacing is one module a week, i've knocked out two! I need to make some flashcards and start reviewing the agencies though so I can be prepared for the proctored test at the end.

I decided to go on a quick walk before my mentor call in about 15 minutes. I did a lap around the neighborhood which takes about 20 minutes. I haven't walked in about a week so it felt good. I haven't been sleeping well either and have been clenching my jaw again at night i've noticed and the only thing that has changed is that i've stopped walking. So I really need to make an effort to get some form of exercise in every day. I want to go to the free Zumba classes they have a few days during the week but this week I have appointments/meetings during all the times they are offered. Hopefully next week I can catch them. I need to start some laundry and stick my two indoor plants in a bowl of water to soak up through the roots.

Jane- Hope the exercises work for you. Thanks for the support.

15. PamelaG

Haha, I think that's...Glad you're NOT getting hit by the hurricane!

16. PamelaG

Sophia finds the flashcards really helpful.

17. luludou

Jess - I've been wanting to ask how Samuel did all summer? was he better or still having his problems?

I've been online shopping this afternoon - ordered from AllieExpress and Walmart. Now I'm knitting and watching some tv while the quiche is cooking. did the dishes. will fold towels this evening. Looks nice out but I'm tired of the sun so will go in the evening.

18. missjane

haha...changed it!

PamelaG likes this.
  19. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

Hello all,been a crazy day thunderstorms and very humid had to run a few errands,cleaned through the house then made a cake for our womens guild meeting,of course thundering again and getting dark,had a quick dinner now off to our meeting.Take care.

luludou likes this.
  20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Cool here again this morning, misty and a little drizzly. Not a lot on my list.
    I would like to sort out of photos, I am looking for a specific one and can't find it so time for a clean up. Besides that a quiet day here.

Sounds like you are all busy with one thing or another, busy days ahead.
    Try to keep cool,

Much love,