Tuesday Chat 5/14/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, May 14, 2019.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's another rainy, gray day here. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the day ahead. 2 of our teachers are out today, so I will have extra kids. 2 subs left yesterday and said they will not return due to the lack of support from admin and the environment. A student in first grade...not my class...wrote f u teacher...full spelling....on a note to the sub, and another wrote b....on a whiteboard. It is ridiculous. They split classes, but want us to be prepared to present a player to parents on next Tuesday morning. :rolleyes:

M got her teeth done yesterday and they look fabulous. Then we had to go to the orthodontist to get her retainer adjusted. I am so thankful that the orthodontist squeezed us into their schedule. It saved me aa trip, although I am now thinking I should have just taken off. ;) I got to Sam's, tj maxx , and pier one. Pier one had Easter on clearance for 75% off, so I got an adorable felted wool bunny and a bunch of carrots to add to my displays,

I better get moving! Hope you can find some sunshine in your day!
    Peace and blessings---

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello Lisa and All

Lisa nice finds at Pier One. I haven't been to one in quite awhile. Hope your day is a good one. HUGS!

Left from meeting at 6:37. Home and finished up their supper. Jaymee and Teigan walked in about 1 minute after me. I ate too.

Soccer was cancelled last night because of the wetness. Was nice and dry yesterday! Sorry Lisa maybe our weeks of rain are moving up and out.

Allen went to check sheep and feed quail. He will get me a sandwich at the station.

Hoping to finish up or at least half the front room tonight. If nice I will want to be outside some.

Have a GREAT day everybody.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Jane - you will need to rest soon! A good thing your retirement is around the corner, you go non-stop!
    Lisa - I went once to Pier One - great buys. Glad your school days will be over soon - you too need to recoup.
    Lana - Is Jaymee staying in her house yet?

Wish I could've stayed home again, was awaken a few times with urinary ache… I'm thinking probably a small stone needs to pass. for now it seems ok.
    I went to gym this Morning but will see if my foot hurts again, might take a few days to recuperate. I've been slacking alot on the gym.. not at work,... but the part I did at home (yoga)… that part is just out the window with all the spring cleaning Inside / outside, etc... just feel like I Don't have time for anything and I was home 4 days!! DH had to bring back door cabinets to the guy so he can adjust the color and they have to repair the opening of another cabinet.. it just never ends!

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. going to see poms movie today with a friend from work then lunch at paneras. cloudy but no rain today. hope everyone has a good day

Lori K and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning!

225 days until Christmas! Or, as DD8 pointed out, that's only 15 squared, so only fifteen more sets of 15 days until Christmas! That makes it seem shorter to me somehow. Fifteen days passes in a blink these days.

I never seem to be able to get on here on the weekends, so catching up reading everyone's posts now.

We drove out to the coast on Mother's Day and took the girls to walk a trail. We'd planned on going the whole way, but the sign said 4km. We figured the kids could do it, but then realized if we wanted to get back to the car, it would be a total of 8 km and changed our minds. Still, it was beautiful out there. I hadn't seen a bald eagle before (other than at the zoo), and there were 8 or 9 circling us. DH said they were big enough they could pick up DD2 and fly off with her. I wasn't entirely sure he was kidding, so I held her little hand nice and tight!

We had snow in the forecast for this morning, and the girls sat with their little noses pressed against the window with high hopes, but not a single flurry actually fell.

We have a big garbage cleanup coming, so I've been running around all day filling bags. Also filling up bags to donate. It's easier getting rid of the stuff once I start to see open spaces appear.

teachermomof2 - It's a shame what kids get away with at school these days. I have a family member who is a teacher and had a bunch of kids decide to tackle her at recess and beat her. They were only 7-year-olds. Still, when there are 8 or 9 of them, they can do some serious damage.

housewife2 - enjoy your movie

Hi Luludou and Lana!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, Everybody!

I have been up for a few hours, but have accomplished nothing. Hoping to get some gumption soon. Just saw that Tim Conway from the Carol Burnett Show, has passed away. He was 85.

Had another great Bible study yesterday. We will probably finish up Esther next week. Notice I said probably! We may drag it out. Who knows with us! Lol

After that I came home, ate lunch. Then to give MJ her present for M's day and visited with her for a while. That was my day. Today, I need to get dressed, am only half way there. I have lots to do this week. Lots of cleaning and stuff. Jay is going down to Steve's on Sunday. I may see if I can steal a ride with him. I need a Brysen fix!

Lisa, the sun is FINALLY shining today! It will be moving your way soon! The sky is blue and there are wispy clouds in the sky!
    Lucie, take it easy on your body.
    FS, you are an inspiration to me. Way to go on your sorting, etc.
    Faye, enjoy the movie!
    Lana, hope you are having a great day!

I think I will fix myself a tomato sandwich in a little while. But first, I will finish getting dressed, putting on socks to warm my feet, and brushing my teeth. Oh, take my meds, too, because I am hurting. Have a lovely day, MHH Family. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Lori K

Lori K Member

Hope you enjoy it. I saw it on Mother's Day with my daughter.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Pam - that's what I had for supper last night … a good tomato sandwich! yum!

Lunch with cws. Nothing much going on except work - I'm trying to stay zen and not get involved in everybody's drama at work.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We have rain today so DS is dropping DD off at school. I have my Ortho appointment to talk about my ankle now that this new doctor has all my scans. We are supposed to discuss surgery options according to my last doctor but we'll see what he says. If they want to do surgery they are going to have to wait until August after my mom visits in July because I don't want to still be in recovery when she's here. I want to be able to do all the fun things with her when she visits not be hobbling around on crutches or in a boot. It still hurts when I do things but it is tolerable.

Eli has baseball practice tonight unless it is rained out, wouldn't be sad if that happened. DS's car needs new battery cables. I have had to help him get it started the past two days. He had the opportunity for DH to look at it last night but he chose to have a friend come over instead and not ask, so that's on him. DH won't do it unless DS asks and looks at it with him to learn something. I don't blame him. It's his car. I just checked his grades, looks like he should (depending on what happens between now and the end of school) pass his classes although math is still iffy.

After my appointment I will need to do my workout and more schoolwork to get my units finished up.

Lisa- Wow! You would think that the admin would get a clue when things like that keep repeatedly happening in their school. I can't believe the district doesn't crack down.
    Hi Lana!
    Lucie- Sorry you didn't sleep well.
    Faye- Yum Panera!
    FS- Yes, it does make it seem shorter! LOL Love bald eagles, they are so beautiful.
    Hi Pam!
    Hi Lori!

Enjoy your day!

11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Cloudy and just hovering around 50* today. Supposed to be better tomorrow. Hope that Lana's good weather is finally moving towards me.

Of course I didn't sleep too well knowing that I had to get up for jury duty. It went well though. We were dismissed at 11:30 until 2 for lunch so I went to the mall and took a quick spin around JCP but bought nothing. Called for a panel shortly after 2 and they handed us our papers and told us we were done for the next six years. Can't complain. Home now feeling too tired to do much. Well, tomorrow is another day!

Jane and Lisa - hoping that the rest of the school year passes quickly for you.
    Pam - glad you're enjoying Bible study
    Jess - what is the state of DS's knee
    Diedra - how are you feeling today.
    Lucie - hope the stone isn't too painful - I know they can be

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon . yes poms was good so was panera:) looks like its getting ready to pour again. t ball was cancelled tonite bc of rain

13. MrsSoup

Me again...

No surgery for me! Yay! The doc said that my tarsal coalition is mild and fibrous. Had it been caught when I was younger they most likely would have corrected it, but since i'm older and have lived with it for this long there really isn't any reason to. He thinks most of my pain is coming from the peroneal tendon/ligament (?) and/or something else and not the coalition but said the coalition could have been aggravated by the injury. Going forward...he is going to do a steroid injection (although I told him I had them before and they didn't help much) that he thinks will help and if so then I will just need to come back once a year for another injection. For the peroneal he wants to do a PRP injection (plasma? I think) which has to be done in the operating room under anesthesia. I will also be under the x-ray machine, can't remember the name, and he will manipulate my ankle (the coalition) and take my ankle out of socket where the coalition is and maybe try to break up the fibrous part, not 100% clear on that part. All of these things will happen while i'm under anesthesia and it will only take 20-30 minutes. There is a 4-8 week waiting list for him so i'm not sure when all of this will happen. His nurse will call me to set things up.

I was supposed to meet my friend that works there for a quick coffee after my appointment but she cancelled on my again. I had messaged her right before my appointment and asked if we were still on and she said yes. I messaged her after and she said she was about to walk into a meeting, so I headed home. Such is life. I have a slight headache and am super tired today so it was probably best anyway. I just had some yogurt and granola and will try to muster through my schoolwork without falling asleep.

Debbie- DS hasn't said anything else about his knee but I think he's still wearing his knee brace. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Glad you're done with jury duty!

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A pretty day here, some sun and not a lot of wind so should be OK.
    I had a migraine at work yesterday and thought I might need to come home, I took one of my tablets and the headache disappeared but left me feeling quite groggy. I slept very deeply last night.
    Just housework for me today and I need to get organised for tomorrows freezer session at Mum's house. we have a federal election for this Saturday but I already have a busy day with a fundraiser, a movie and dinner so am hoping to get to the polling station today and pre vote. If I can coordinate it I will pick up DH from work as the polling station is close by.
    I need to figure out something for dinner too, the never ending saga.

I hope that you are all achieving exactly what you want to today

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I fell into bed the minute I came home and took a nap. Then, I got up and cooked supper. I took a long bath while it was in the oven. I have dishes I need to wash. We'll see if it happens.

From the minute I got to work until the minute I left work, I was working on graduation stuff. We practiced at the football stadium and lined up the graduates. After practicing, all the senior homeroom teachers were called to the office. A decision had been made that all the students who were part of the vandalism done at the school will not be walking in graduation. So, now, all the rows will be different from the way they practiced, and I had to make completely new row lists. I had to re-do the graduation program before I sent it to the printer, removing some who had speaking parts at graduation and letting other students know they would be doing it. Then, their names had to be removed from the list of graduates. They'll still get their diplomas, but won't be walking in graduation. At least, that's how it stands right now. After parents start complaining to the school board members about it, they'll probably renege and let them walk, and the program will be wrong, but I did what I was instructed to do.

Lisa, behavior is getting more and more ridiculous. DH was telling me about a student at his school today that's a third grader. Some of the things he does is shocking. I told him someone needs to call CPS. I really wish you could get into a different school district that's better.
    Lana, hope you can get outside some. We had sunshine yesterday, but the ground was like a sponge.
    Faye, that movie looks like it's hilarious. I'm jealous of your trip to Panera. Our closest one is 2 hours away.
    FS, bald eagles are so beautiful. That's funny about DD2. I like DD8's thinking!
    Pam, Mj is lucky to have a friend like you. Hope you get to go with DS and see Bryson.
    Lori, neat way to spend Mother's Day with DDs!
    Lucie, it's good to hear you're taking care of your feet. You certainly don't sound to be slacking up on all the other things you do. Always drama at your work, isn't it? Glad you're flying low and avoiding it.
    Jess, ouch! That sounds like it's going to be sore after they pop your ankle out of place!
    Katrina, good thing the medicine worked. Good luck finding time to vote.

Night, friends. Hope you all rest well!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Evening!

Jane- Sorry everything is crazy.

I got caught up on my schoolwork and can now start the 3rd week fresh, another 5 units I think. I ran and picked DD up after school since it was raining this morning so she couldn't ride her bike, talked to my mom while doing that. Then I came home and remembered that I still needed to go pick up prescriptions for all of us. :oops: I headed back out to go to the regular pharmacy and the refill pharmacy. The regular pharmacy was busy so had to sit and wait for a while. Eli called while I was at the counter so couldn't answer. I called him back while I was walking over to the refill pharmacy and he said he didn't feel good. He's had a nasty cough and runny nose for a while now. He was still doing homework when I got home and he felt a little warm but had no fever. I texted his coach and told them that he wouldn't be at practice. I may keep him home tomorrow and let him just rest, it's their short day of the week anyway. I'm supposed to have coffee with another friend but i'll just have to reschedule, which is probably better anyway since I have the crud too and she has a new baby.

Katrina- Dinner is a neverending saga for me too. I'm tired of making the same old stuff.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jess, I don't know what to do about dinners. I too am tired of the same things so then I find a lot of new things to try and the boys don't like them. So I go back to what I know they like and it starts again.
    Tonight I am doing fiesta pie which I haven't cooked for a long time. Hopefully both the boys will eat it but chances are DS will not.

I was working here this morning and DH rang and invited me to lunch and then I went to the polling place to vote. You are not supposed to pre poll unless you have a good reason such as will be out of town or working etc. I told them that I would be working.;) The voting place was full but it only took about 10 minutes so glad that is done. While I was there I ran into a girl that I used to work with, turns out that she is one of the candidates for a party whose leader is awful. I wished her luck.
    Home via the grocery store where I picked up a few things and then have just tidied the outside freezer ready for the freezer meals for tomorrow. Will have a bit of a rest now before starting dinner.

Speak soon,

Ahorsesoul likes this.