Tuesday January 8th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jan 8, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World. Almost 9:00 am here and no thread started?

2. luludou

Went to bed at 9:00 but fell asleep late, will be hard to go back to normal for work the rest of the week. with this cold I slept on and off (very short periods) during nights. I took a sleeping pill last night so at least I slept later this morning, I need to sleep.
    Bed is made, shower taken, recycling is out and I shoveled the doorway and bottom of the steps. Breakfast is done too.
    It is snowing... a Christmas snow! It is beautiful. Doesn't matter as I'm not driving in it today. Last day home.

A plaster guy is supposed to be coming during the day for the bathroom (no idea at what time though).

Have a few things to do but mostly I will try to take it easy today. I still have coughing fits, hope I don't have any tomorrow at work :( some of my cw's (especially angry one have no patience when someone coughs... but when it was her turn well she came in anyways and she was contagious!).... oopps.... I have to remember my 2019 phrase... speak kindly.
    I will write my prase on a paper in my ereader (I open it every day) so it stays fresh in my mind.

Later 'gators

3. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Lucie... sleep is the best way to kick what ails you.

Good morning!! I have had a busy morning and it's not 8am yet. Got Kiddo off the school and hubby to work. I really need to go to the post office but my legs have been bothering me. I can't use my cane and carry packages so... I will see if Kiddo will go with me when he comes home from school.

I need to clean out the fridge. That has been a disaster zone since Christmas. I am hoping I don't find any science projects in the back.

I have a huge pile of ironing. This is what I get for not doing it on Friday of last week. Need to find a tv show to watch while I iron to make it go fast and painless. ;)

Hope everyone has a good day. Oh... I posted my declutter project on my blog. My box of donation items is full to overflowing.

4. luludou

Carrie left you a message on your blog.
    I will be trying to declutter a few things today again too.
    Insurance and hydro papers have been dealt with. House has been aired a little (still a little cold outside) Now I will go declutter and update my Christmas notebook.
    My gym clothes have been prepped for tomorrow (have done NOTHING - cardio or yoga- during my vacation time).

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, Everybody!

All I have done so far is take a shower and gotten dressed. Oh, and I made a business call. I was on hold longer than I was on the phone speaking to someone.

It is very breezy, and will get breezier as the day goes on. It was 55* earlier this a.m., and will get down to 25* by late night! Winter is back, and I do NOT love it at all! I want mid-spring temps! I don't want much, do I?

I am excited to go to the movies with my DD! It has been a very long time since she and I have done anything together (except for Doctor stuff). Spending time with my only baby girl is special to me! We are beginning to have a relationship again. I only hope that it will continue to grow!

Guess I will open my blinds and let some sunshine in! Hope you are all having a good day. Stay safe and be blessed!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DD had the friend stay the night and they stayed up late until we got home with DS. They painted on canvas. Eli went to bed because I made him. DS got in just fine. We got home about midnight. He has a cold and is coughing. He called Taco Bell this morning about the interview and they said the hiring manager is on vacation and to call back next week. :rolleyes: I porch sat this morning and browsed FB on my phone and watched part of a morning show by Rachel and Dave Hollis. I don't think I realized they did that but now that I know, I might make it a point to watch more often. I really enjoyed it. I need to look up their podcasts. They are some pretty motivational people.

I need to eat breakfast and then get ready to head out to DD's appointment. My mentor will call while we're on the way. DS has his nutritionist appointment later this afternoon. He said he tried some new things while at his dad's like celery and salad at a restaurant. He said he might like celery but would have to try it again. I told him a lot of people put peanut butter on it. He didn't care much for the salad but he didn't put any dressing on it either. He doesn't like Ranch so he needs to try other dressings.

Lucie- Glad you are feeling some better, hope it continues.
    Carrie- Good for you on the donation box!
    Pam- Enjoy the movie with DD! What are you seeing?

Enjoy your day!

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good afternoon. I got the kiddoes off to school early. I wish I could let them have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, but since they are athletes they need more substantial meals. Sausages, eggs, toast, fruit, and juice for breakfast today. Lunch is a huge sandwich of various meats w/cheese & lettuce, lots of fresh veggies & fruit, and I tuck in a cookie or a few chips if available. Dinner will be a chicken/veggie soup with noodles.

I did too much yesterday, so I am really dragging today. I went back to bed for a couple hours, but I'm still really tired. I need to pick up meds at some point - I'm having trouble mustering the energy to do it. I guess I should get in the kitchen and start chopping veggies for dinner and get the soup cooking.

Have a great day everyone!

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all,
    An extra day for me at work and I will be training the new girl. I hate training, I am not too good at it and it is not something that enjoy doing. I am hoping that this new girl fits in well, is good at her job and stays for a long time....like me really LOL. I just want to get the workplace to a stable situation.
    After work I will go straight to DrillDance training. It is our first training back after qualifying for Nationals and we have a ton to do. Nationals is in April so not too long to get routines finished and looking good.

Glad to hear that you are all having great day and that our sick ones are beginning to feel better,
    Much love to you all,

9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I was up early and off to dr. appointment I had for 8:40 am. Annual physical. Still need to go for blood test, mammogram, bone density, etc. Will call for appointments after I see cardio dr next week in case he orders tests.
    Once home I started working on decluttering craft supplies I feel I no longer used and other things that were thrown in that room. I am trying hard to be ruthless. I ask myself "do you want to move this when it is time to move to a different and smaller place?" Do it now not later.

10. luludou

Afternoon! I have prepped some breakfasts and some lunches (cooked salmon and made a veggie salad) for the rest of the week. Did dishes too :rolleyes: Decluttered some jewelry and some teas as well as my Christmas notebook.
    MissJoDee you made me think I have to update my notes about doctor's appointment yesterday so I remember when I go back in 6 months. I have gained 2 lbs (in the last 6 months), even with being sick! hmpf! My gyneco exam was fine as was bloodwork.
    I have to be 3 months without my period (been 2) and then do more bloodwork to see if I am in menopause.

Tonight will be sheppard's pie that I prepped yesterday. The guy for plaster did not show up.

I have made a new to-do list for next weekend. January is a more relaxed month, I think I'll take a puzzle out but not before next weekend is over as we will be baby-sitting ds's do.

Later

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening. work was slow. my friend and i went to see the mule. clint eastwood did a great job. steak bpototo and salad for dinner. my show have and have nots come back on tonite cant wait. have a good night

luludou likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DD is no longer in the boot, after some discussion. The new x-ray showed nothing. The doctors are stumped. We saw a different guy this time but her regular doctor came in a bit later. I think it was a resident/attendee situation. He briefed her and then they discussed, we discussed, etc. They put in a referral for rheumatology. She did have one marker that came back positive, the ANA marker. Also, her pain has migrated to the 5th metatarsal now so it isn't localized to the 2nd anymore. They asked if she wanted a scooter to keep weight off the foot and she vehemently said no. I don't think they are understanding that it doesn't matter whether or not she puts weight on it, there is always pain. We'll see what the rheumatologist has to say and if they can get to the bottom of this. I sure hope so! We just have to wait for them to call us now to set up an appointment. I will be doing some research in the meantime.

I had my mentor call and will talk to my mentor again at the end of the month but need to put a reminder in my calendar to email her in two weeks to update her on what i've been doing. Now i'm getting ready to take DS to his nutritionist appointment. Then i'm coming home to do some work around the house and mark some things off my list.

Faye- My DH wants to see that movie but i'm not sure if i'm interested in it.
    Lucie- Sorry the plaster guy didn't show! Glad your appointments were good.
    Jody- I'm saying the same thing as i'm going through things. We were slightly over our allowed weight when we moved here and we've acquired some larger items since we've been here, so we're going to have to pare down tremendously before we leave.
    Katrina- Good luck with the training, i'm sure you'll do great.
    Deb- Your family is so lucky to have you!

13. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Evening everyone!
    I have a house full of sicks kids, so all I'm really aiming for is keeping on top of laundry and dishes these days. Everyone has gone to sleep so I'm watching some clips on YouTube and working on a pair of socks (Christmas gift for 2019.)
    Sitting here with a pile of henna on my head and a plastic cap. Just hoping it doesn't turn orange. I seem to be getting sensitive to even semi-permanent hair dyes, so I'm giving it a try to cover those whites......
    Has anyone been inspired by the Tidying Up show on Netflix?

14. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Oh, yes!! She is my favorite organizing guru. I have my living room almost done (I don't do the sections like she recommends. I do it room by room. It keeps me from getting overwhelmed and my house and complete disaster. I love the clothes folding. I have been doing that for about 2 years now.

15. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

cmerth - I love her methods too! I'm also doing it room by room.....I don't think most people can realistically tear their houses apart to do the categories all at once.....we do have lives to live in the midst of it all. I refolded all of my clothes her way the other day! Works well for me, but I'm finding it hard with my kids' socks and underwear.....they're just so small they keep coming unfolded....and they just pull one out and let all the ones surrounding it flop out too. Also making a point of putting all the clothes away as soon as they come out of the dryer and trying to "enjoy" the folding process.....in the past I've been guilty of having a couch covered in laundry. The other day I found a little tree in a pot with little LED lights all over it. One of my resolutions is to watch my spending better, but I looked at it and thought "It sparks joy!" :)

Rinsed out my henna.....it came out great! It covered all of my white hair....much to my surprise! Actually feels much healthier and about 1/3 thicker than it did before I used it. So happy to be able to cover those grays without having to use chemicals that burn my scalp!

16. MrsSoup

I guess I will have to check out this Marie Kondo, it's all over my FB newsfeed. I haven't gotten much of anything done today. DS has some new goals from the nutritionist and the same goals to follow through with since he didn't really do any of them from last time. He did come home and try cucumber and orange bell pepper since we had some already here and cut up for DH's salads. I talked to my mom and let her know about DD's foot.

DS took Eli to the PX and DD is at girl scouts helping with a Daisy meeting. I'm waiting for DH to get home to do dinner. We'll have steak and burgers tonight I think. I'll do some type of potatoes to go with it and corn or something. I'll do my yoga later and epsom salt bath, I find that it keeps me from getting sore.

FS- Sorry everyone is sick, hope it's short lived.

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

Thanks, Katrina. That means a lot.

DD21 texted and thinks her going to take the job in California is a mistake. How can she even know after being out there for only a week and having only worked two days? She had a speeding ticket about a year ago. She was late for a doctor appointment and was driving my mom's Lincoln MKZ because her car was in the shop - a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire - and didn't realize she was going over the speed limit. Big difference in the way the Sunfire and Lincoln ride! Because of it, they won't let her drive at all out there - church vans to get anywhere they need to go, including drug store or grocery store, etc. Everyone else went to the grocery store earlier, but she didn't go because when we ordered her clothes, they hadn't come in when she left, and she didn't have any "snow proof" clothing, but she doesn't want to ask anyone to drive her, either. She has this big complex about being an inconvenience to everyone. I think that has a lot to do with it. I'm pretty upset about it and don't really know what to do. She says there's nowhere really private that she can call and talk that everyone can't hear her. I'm torn about what to tell her. One side wants to tell her she hasn't given it a real chance - which she hasn't. The mama side wants to tell her to tell them she made a mistake and just come home. Partly, I find fault with the set up about the driving. I think they should have set days or times that transportation is provided for them for going and doing shopping, etc. For one thing, all of the new workers who flew in last week are from the South and have no experience driving in the snow, so why aren't some of the church staff or church families available to take these kids where they need to go? They work from 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM, and sunset is around 4:45PM. Sorry....just a lot of questions and not many answers! I suppose I needed to vent about it. I mean, I would want to do everything possible, at least the first few weeks to help them feel "settled in." Then, as they adjusted to the new situation and conditions, got to know each other, and became more familiar with their surroundings, back off and let them figure things out. I guess I'm just too much of a care giver.

I haven't mentioned that at some point while we were off, the breaker threw on one of the refrigerators in my classroom and it stinks to high heaven in there! Everything ruined, of course. I went back last night and cleaned it out because it stank so badly that I didn't want to open it up with the students there. I'm going to have to try and get the smell out. Today, I put apple juice mixed with cinnamon and cloves on to simmer just to make the classroom smell better.

After school, I went and told my principal that I wanted him to know that my stress level has increased exponentially since my copies have been limited, and that I have to print from 12-16 copies on my classroom printer to get no more than three usable copies. That's one reason my copies are so limited on the teacher printers in the teacher workroom is because I'm supposed to be able to print copies on a copier bought with vocational funds that I have in my room.

I guess I'm really on one today...SORRY! I just feel so stressed lately...seems nothing goes right lately.

Lucie, at least you did some things today that you could sit down and do.
    FS, sorry it's a sick bay at your house. Glad the henna worked!
    Jess, that's curious about DD's foot. It would be great to have answers, and I'm sure there are things worse than arthritis, but I'm sure hoping it's not. My cousin's step-son had it (he died from complications of an auto accident several years ago). There were times he had to use a wheel chair and other times, he would be completely ambulatory with little to no pain. I'm glad DS is being open to trying some new foods. Maybe you could get him interested in looking up some recipes he thinks he might want to try and encourage him to spend some time learning to experiment in the kitchen...seems there are more male chefs than female.
    Faye, glad you had a slow day. I would think people may be trying to recover after the holiday spending.
    Carrie...haha! I laughed at the science projects. My oldest sister did her student teaching (YEARS AGO) at a very affluent school district. She was teaching about molds, etc. and was telling them to just look in their refrigerators; she was sure they would find some. NOPE! They all had maids...so they had no idea what she was talking about! Our mom hated cleaning the refrigerator, so we always had it! When I got old enough, I took over the job of cleaning it out.
    Pam, I do like the warmer temps, but not so much that it makes our fruit trees bloom too soon. Peaches are grown here and they have to have a certain number of chill hours. Plus...you know us school teachers. We're always hoping for weather days! Sometimes, I think more so than the students!
    GrammDeb, glad you took the time to let yourself go back to bed for a while. You have a lot of responsibility with helping the grandkids.
    Jody, how long do you think it will be before y'all downsize? I've been trying to do the same thing. I have way too many sets of dishes...but how do you decide?
    Katrina, I hope the new help works out. It must be exhausting to keep having to find someone.

Hope you all rest well. Sorry to be so negative tonight.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

MissJane, (((hugs))) to you and your DD. I can see what you mean. The practical mamma is saying that you haven't even tried it out yet but the loving mamma is saying come home for a hug. It is so tough when our kids are struggling. I feel for you and hope it all works out. Aren't some days just hard? Everything seems so tough at times. Hoping that it is all on the up and up soon.

Training went OK, the poor girl was so overwhelmed. Boss said that she would be working by herself tomorrow. I thought that that was unfair so volunteered to come in in the morning and sit with her. I think it made her feel a bit better. Still a few hours left so better get some work done.
    Hope that you all have a great night.
    Much love,

19. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good evening everyone,

Busy day at work today - steady all morning and then it really picked up about 2pm. It certainly made the day fly. Not much else going on here - work, Netflix, sleep, get up and do it all over again. It is so cold I am just hibernating at home in the evenings. Can't wait until my couch is here so I can sit and read a book in comfort or just sit and be still...in comfort!

The septic installation at our rental house will begin next Monday, yay! It's been in the works since October 2017 so I am relieved it's finally going to begin. I received the maintenance agreement and have to call tomorrow to get a few questions answered. There's something about a hose bib, no idea what that is, and having a landline connected to the system for monitoring. The good news is the two inspections are only $275 per year; I thought the figure was monthly and much higher than that.

Off to bed, I wanted to stay up later so that I sleep through the night, still having trouble with that, but I am falling asleep at my desk. Good night all.

20. MrsSoup

Jane- That was one of the suggestions from the nutritionist was that DS find one recipe each week on his own to make and he can shop for the groceries or ask for my help if needed. I'm so sorry that DD is having a tough time and I do agree with all of the things you said about the people there making a set schedule to take the new employees to the store on a schedule. My two cents: She is an adult and needs to learn how to act like one and by that I mean, she is going to have to learn to speak up and ask for what she needs and not rely on other people to anticipate her needs and care for her like you do and fix things for her. It's hard but something that all children have to learn at some point. This job away from home is a great opportunity for her to learn just that because she doesn't have anyone there to do it for her or make it okay by doing it for her. She's going to have to toughen up a bit and make it happen for herself. She's only been there for a week and that really isn't that much time. I think that once she gets over the homesickness, because that's what it really is (been there done that when I went to the military), and gets into a set routine and figures out how everything runs, she will be fine. I hope you know that I say all this with the utmost love from the heart.

Katrina- Very sweet of you to offer to go in and sit with her on your day off.
    Pamela- Glad things are finally moving forward for the installation!