Tuesday June 11th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 11, 2019 at 4:34 AM.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Woke up before 5 so I am up.

Last night I picked up the 7 Pioneer Woman cookbooks I ordered from library to look at.

Still haven't gotten cabbage into garden and no seeds planted. So much for a canning year I think. Would love to get some beets planted to can.

Allen mowed here last night.

Not much happening in my world--work and home is the plan.

Deb, congrats to DGS. Good Luck on diet!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! rainy day here with cold winds. did gym this Morning… I am gaining tummy weight so I Added ,5 km to my normal Morning… and I guess I'll have to add another Morning to my routine too (will have to work hard on that one).

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. kinda cool this morning but will get to the 80s. rain last nite only got the back yard cut. . have a good day. movie day with my grandson the secret life of pets2.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD is going for her nap. You know how tiring eating breakfast can be. lol She is also in the mood to argue. Every time she asked a question she wasn't happy with the answers. When the LC said she was arguing today DD said she was not. We all got a good laugh.

Dh has to take stepmom to doctor appointments today. Better him than me. She is down from 102 last week to 96 pounds this week. I have two tenderloins to clean and cut up and two racks of ribs to cook up in the Instant pot.

The flowers are finally starting to put out blooms. My iris look nice but certainly need some thinning. I have one lilac bush that needs to either be gone or put in a new place. I just don't think we have an open space for it. It's by the back deck now. Makes sitting on the deck very nice with the french lilac smell. I have one hostage to plant. It's called praying hands. Dh said he wanted to wait until it rained so now is the time.

DD is still downstairs arguing with the LC. lol

6. Lori K

Lori K Member

Lana, I have several of her cookbooks and enjoy perusing them for inspiration. A favorite recipe of mine is the olive bread. It's great to serve cut into pieces as an appetizer for a group, or to have along with a salad. Because it's just me, now, I'll typically halve the recipe and use half on a sub roll and refrigerate the remainder for another time (just allow time for it to come to room temperature or it will be hard to spread). .

Lana, Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm going to start filling in gaps in my meal plan and composing my grocery list so I can run to the Commissary this morning. DD wants to go to the library today and i'm not sure what else we'll do. I need to vacuum the baking soda off of DS's mattress and floor and then flip the mattress and put the cover back on. I won't remake the bed until right before my mom comes. No reason to. Then i'll put fresh sheets and cover on. I still have some work to do in his room but the majority is done. I scrubbed walls yesterday, picked up all the trash, dusted, vacuumed, have the clothes basket full of clothing to wash still. I wasn't going to go through his drawers but looks like i'll have to in order to the put basket full of clothes away once they're washed. I also still need to address the closet, I didn't even open it yesterday. :rolleyes: I'm telling his dad that he can't even buy his ticket next year until his room is 100% clean otherwise he's not leaving my house. DH said we're going to start doing room inspections, I think weekly is going to be the new standard around here. I found two bowls under his bed. He had more in his room but they were out in the open and I made him remove them before he left. I will say, his room isn't half as bad as it was last year when he left.

The kids want to go to the pool so maybe we'll do that this afternoon. It will be so hot at the one that is open though as there's no shade. They don't believe in umbrellas I guess. My favorite pool up here is closed on Tuesdays and I don't want to drive all the way down to the really nice, free pool at the other base, they have umbrellas on their lounge chairs. Hmmm. The beach is my favorite, I don't care for the pool at all but the kids do.

Lana- 7? Now i'm going to have to check to make sure I have them all. haha I'm not sure I have 7, but maybe I do. I got the newest on sale Black Friday last year.
    Lucie- DD is wishing for a rainy day so she can just cuddle up and listen to the rain and read.
    Faye- I want to see that one, let us know how it is, if it's worth seeing in the theater.
    Diedra- Hope DD wakes up less argumentative. That's quite a drop in weight. Love lilacs! I really miss all my lilac bushes from our Kansas house.
    Hi Lori!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's a beautiful, sunshine filled day here. The temps are cooler...only 68 today. It's been another busy week. I don't even recall when I posted last....I believe it was after recital. We've been busy since then. Today was the last day for students! Tomorrow is in-service and then we are done for about 2 months. My room is pretty packed up. I did all the wash from school last night and today. Just need to wipe counters, organize books, and clean out my closet and I should be ready for summer. We went to a wedding on Saturday, graduation last night, some family things last week. M starts soccer practice tonight. o_O Thursday night is John's annual work banquet.

M finished school on Friday. She earned high honors and the principal's award for a 4.0 throughout middle school. It's hard to believe she starts HS in the fall. Time just flies.

Can't decide on a family vacation spot for this summer. Of course, all the planning is left to me....and no one will say what they want to do. Sigh.

That's about it for me....hope all is well with you all!

MrsSoup likes this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

movie so cute we both liked it

MrsSoup likes this.
  10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! After a foggy, misty, chilly day yesterday it is sunny today with temps in the 70's.

Had a nice weekend rally in Biglersvile PA. It was DH's last as president of the Region so we got a very nice plaque and a small honorarium from the Region. Saw some of our Canadian friends who we had not seen for a while and sold some stuff at the flea market - made enough $ to buy a great looking Hanukkah wreath. Will try and post a picture on FB. The FB page is Sassafras Creations and her wreaths are very unique and not too expensive so maybe take a look.

Found out yesterday that a friend's cancer has spread and she is in a lot of pain. If you could spare a prayer for Barb I'd appreciate it.

Went to the grocery and spent almost $100 on odds and ends. With food price sure to go up due to all the flooding I should start filling my larder/pantry with stuff for the coming months. Have to look for sales and pick up things a I can.

Also doing laundry - looks like only 3 loads today. And still have to empty the camper.

Stopped by the library and got 2 cookbooks and a knitting book.

Lisa - so glad school is over!
    Lana - you have a lot of great reading ahead of you!
    Lucie - as we age our tummies grow. Sigh!
    Jess - I guess you can alternate the beach and the pool with the kids
    Diedra - I'm getting some blooms too and the backyard is looking nice
    Faye - glad you enjoyed the movie
    Lori - I love reading cookbooks - makes me hungry though;)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, up and moving early, I have an early appointment at the dentist to repair a tooth. Will read all about what you are up to when I get home. Looks like a lot of news to read.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Back from the dentist, the repair took longer than I thought but glad that it is done. Booked in for a check up and clean for in a few weeks so hopefully after that there will be no more trips to the dentist this year.
    Will sit in a minute and order some books from the library, interested to see if they stock any of the Pioneer Woman books.
    DH and DD are going to a show tonight so I will have leftover Chicken and Broccoli casserole.....it was good!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Guess I only picked 5 up but have 7 ordered.

Right now I am in the process of making Billie's Italian Cream Cake. Frosting is made and in fridge and letting the cakes cool. I did 3 9" round cakes with the batter.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

(Thought I posted this Tuesday morning, but guess I never hit post)

Good morning, everyone. I lazed around this morning and am just finishing eating breakfast. Had a bath already and am dressed.

My mom and I are going to the Crowville House today. There won't be much I can do other than lending moral support since she'll be going through things that belong to her and my dad. I hope she's able to let go of a lot of it and not wanting to keep it. 20 years this August since he died, and I still miss him terribly.

DD22 went to an auction last night with a friend of hers who's getting married in November. DD is the maid of honor. Her friend is looking for furniture and appliances. Her house is the house we have DD22's bedroom suite, etc., at from after the tornado. That's one of the reasons my mom and I are working today at Crowville. We need to make space for DD's things so her friend can start setting their house up for when they get married.

We had nice weather yesterday, and it's cool this morning with low humidity!

Pamela, forget customer service and ask for the district manager or the owner if it's a local business. Let Vic do it. Often, women, even in today's world, are not taken seriously, but when the DH gets involved, it's a whole new ballgame. They've had more than ample times to make this right. Also, call the local Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

Lana, I hope you can at least get some things planted to have some fresh vegetables, even if you don't have enough for canning.
    Lucie, you're so diligent about taking care of yourself!
    GrammaDeb, good luck with Keto. DGS did great!

Hope you all have a great day!

PamelaG likes this.
  15. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

A long stern letter is in the works and a scathing review on Yelp will be next. Unfortunately, it will be just one more negative review - should have looked their first and we would have gone to another store.