Tuesday November 14th, 2017

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:53 AM.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Would like to leave earlier to get some gas, laundry soap, maybe dinner and maybe look for some stuff at Dollar General for the shoe boxes. Will see!

For the deer season wkend they are saying 64 Friday with 70% rain. High 50's for Sat. and Sun.. To shower Wed. and Thurs..

Suppose I better close and start getting ready.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I got a magazine at DG the other day about Elf on the Shelf. He has a new friend (I think new for this year) a St. Bernard. I am still looking at it but has a few ideals in it.

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lana and all who follow!

Looks like it will be in the 40s today. I'm heading to school and then home for the evening. Yay! Just have to make it through another day, hoping that everyone shows up for work so I don't have to cover again. That gets old fast. I think I have 10 days this year and it's only day 52. Sad, but true.

Lana...our rifle season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. Sounds like a great weekend of family fun.
    Jess...hope DS is better today. Anxiety just stinks.

Have a good day!

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I still have this pesky headache hanging around. It came back last night but I didn't take anything, hoping it would go away during the night. It didn't. I am at the USO today from 10-12 so I sure hope it goes away by then. DD has band after school so i'll only be picking up Eli and then coming back home, no waiting around. I need to work on a grocery list for Thanksgiving meal food and other needed items. Hoping DH finds out today if the people we invited are coming or not. I think the one guy is on pass because his daughter came in for a few days, but he could still text back. If I don't hear then i'm just going to buy a regular sized turkey and then i'll get a ham later if I need to. Everything else isn't a problem to get more of closer to.

The house looks so good now that we've hung more stuff. I mentioned last night about the possible paid shoot this weekend (still haven't heard anything else from her so we'll see). I had someone else contact me about possibly doing a maternity shoot for them in January. She wants to see samples of my work and asked for a price. I have no idea what to charge since I haven't really done any full shoots yet. I'm thinking about $75 or should I go $100? Ugh! I just don't know. DH says i'm selling myself short, but at the same time I don't have the experience that others do. I told her I would get some samples together and get back to her this morning.

DS just texted and he's having anxiety again. I told him he HAS to go to school today, it's not an option. I just find it weird that it hits in the morning when it's time to get ready for school. Granted he had the episode Saturday night, but that was a rare thing. I may need to see someone just to work through my emotions regarding all of this.

Enjoy your day!

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I've paid $200 for a photo shoot that did not include any photos at all. I did not think was worth it at all. If I had gotten a copy of the photos so I could have printed them off I would have been happy. So you could say that you will charge $100 since you are just starting. You do a wonderful job with your photos.

Isn't DS starting to drive? You might mention that he could cause an accident if his anxiety attacks aren't under control. I have a friend who had one while driving and ended up in a ditch. Fortunately she wasn't hurt and didn't cause anyone harm since she was out in a farm land area.

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD is at work with LC1. Cleaning vans today. She will be tired when she comes home.

I got a message today that our internet wasn't being paid. I'm sure I set it up to pay automatically but guess it didn't happen. I'll try again. Our internet company is small so isn't very organized. Doesn't help when I'm sometimes the same way.

I'm having a paperwork day. Can't believe all the paper that comes into the house. I'm sure I've had enough to take down a whole city park's worth of trees.

Yesterday Dh decided he wanted to buy a new vacuum. So off we went to the Twin Cities. Ended up at Bed, Bath and Beyond since they had the model of Vacuum Dh had his mind set on. We were trying to turn on the demo model. Ended finding a sales guy. He couldn't get it on either. We hauled that vacuum around the store trying different outlets. Nothing. Finally the guy clicks a button on the canister. Yep, there were two buttons. One on the canister that actually turns on the vacuum and the one on the handle just turns on the brush attachment. It worked great so we now have added another vacuum to our already 6 piece collection. lol On the bright side a coupon worked on the vacuum so we saved $120.

Once home Dh starts trying to see why our other two vacuums were so hard to push around. (men, why do it before buying a new one). So he fixed one of them (hair around the wheels) but the other needed a new belt which he has now ordered. DS is already claiming he needs one of these vacuums. lol

Last night we put up the Polar Express train around our Christmas tree. Looks nice. I need to get some type of tree skirt that will work with it. I'm thinking maybe just a white round table cloth will work.

Wishing all a good day.

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We are to be 73° today - I miss that Fall crispness in the air.

It is sure different living with my DD's family. I love them dearly, but I miss my old routines and activities. I just can't get in the spirit of the holidays. After a lifetime of making and buying gifts, everyone is getting gift cards this year. The cost of shipping gifts is ridiculous - I pay more to ship than the cost of the gifts.

I'm going to take DH shopping with me today. DSIL told me I get to cook Thanksgiving dinner since he fixed his Canadian Thanksgiving dinner. DD said she would like the foods she grew up with, so that's what it will be.

Have a great day everyone.

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. just picked up layaway toys at walmart for my grandson. almost thur with my shopping. did my bathroom for christmas. put out a few things in living rooom. i dont feel sick i just cant talk . crazy weather have agood evening

10. MrsSoup

Wow Diedra! I have heard of some photographers doing that but it's ridiculous. They should have at least included some prints or the digital files of the photographs. I will absolutely be including the digitals. I did sign up with a photo lab so I can offer prints if I want to. Thank you for the compliment!

DS is just practicing with DH right now every once in a while. He can't get his permit until the end of March. I have told him before that we will not allow him to drive until he gets this under control because it's dangerous for him and others. We'll be having the discussion again for sure.

11. MrsSoup

I got out of the shower and came downstairs and had another message on FB from a potential client asking if I would do photos for her and her husband and their pups. :D I'm not sure if they saw my comment on the one post or if they are now talking among themselves about me, but I like it! I told her I would charge $50 as well since it's just the two adults and possibly the dogs. I'm not sure it would be a full shoot, it sounded like she really only wanted a few photos. Hopefully she will want to shoot this weekend too and I could get two done and edited and added to my portfolio and see where I stand and then up my prices for future inquiries. I did create a FB page for my "business" but it's not live yet. I want it to be perfect before I make it live and that includes actual samples of my work from sessions, so this will definitely help that. Please send some good thoughts my way that all of this pans out! I could really use this boost right now.

I'm going to call JAG and see if they are able to help me with a contract, not sure if they can do that or not but hoping so because it's free to use them. Then I need to find out if I need a license and insurance and how much those are. I don't want to do those things though until i'm a sure thing. If i'm not making enough to cover those costs then what's the point, ya know? Lots to think about and work on this week!

Here is a link to my sample work in my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bXrOijpkB8RPL8hw3GvQ0_cgyqIYNa20 This is what i've created for clients to view. It's really all I have so far. I do have more photos I need to edit and add to this, just haven't had time yet.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A pretty day here.
    An important day here in Australia. We have had a vote here to see what Australians think of same sex marriage. It is not a change in the law yet allowing same sex couples to marry, but an indication from the public of their thoughts. It was a simple yes/no vote.
    The results will be announced today at 10.00am. I am so hoping for a positive result. It is long overdue.
    DH works at the building where the announcement will be made and he and his other staff are in early to prepare.

I in the meantime will be spending my day cleaning the pantry and freezers...so exciting.
    DrillDance training tonight and my day is done.

tomorrow I go to my mums and wrap all of her Christmas presents so that she has that done.

13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Work today. lots of catching up to do. Supper will be stuffed bell peppers, was frozen just needs reheating.

Later

14. halimer

halimer Active Member

Hi all! It was pretty raw out today - only in the 40's.

DH and Buffy went to pick up the camper today and it is now safely in the driveway waiting to be reloaded with all the stuff from the house:) I can't wait!

I puttered around in the morning and then had lunch with my friend at our favorite Italian restaurant. She is in her early 80's and I can suddenly see that she is getting old... Well,she did say that the decade I am starting - the 70's - is a good one - I hope so!

Probably will not do much else today. I need to get the stuff I want to send to England together and tomorrow I want to shop at the BX/Commissary to get the rest of the stuff I need for holiday baking.

Jess - hope that DS finds a way to control the attacks. I have no way to know what to charge for a photo shoot but it is easier to lower a price than to raise it
    Deb - sorry you are having a tough time...
    Katrina - how did the vote go?
    Diedra - my DH is very excited by vacuums too. He is currently very happy with his Dyson
    Lucie - hope you are all caught up at work
    p.a. - laryngitis?
    Lisa - hope it was an easy day
    Lana - do you get any help preparing for deer camp?
    Mel - were you able to get your hours reduced?; how is K doing?

15. sweetpumkinpye

Debbie, won't find out for another 45 minutes or so how it will go...fingers crossed.
    DD will be travelling to the U.S in January, primarily Boston as a base and the up to RI, Connecticut, NYC and such.
    I know you live in that neck of the woods. Can you give me a quick run down of what the weather will be like in late January early Feb. We are not equipped for really cold days so will have to look at buying her appropriate clothes etc.

She remembers fondly our last visit to the U.S and our gorgeous lunch at Juniors.
    Thanks Debbie for any information you can supply.

16. MrsSoup

Debbie- That is so true about pricing!
    Katrina- I hope the vote is in favor as well, can't wait to hear how it went.

DS was texting asking me to pick him up from school but I just can't/won't do it. He simply can't miss any more. I feel like he knows he can use his anxiety as an excuse so he does. And that's what he's doing right now. I won't be played and he needs to understand that when he does crap like that then I absolutely cannot trust that a real attack is a real attack. THIS is why it's so hard with him. I just want to smack him. He's whining about having to ride the bus and he doesn't feel good, etc. Tough luck buttercup. I don't feel good either, have a migraine again, but I still have to do things I don't want to do, it's called life. Sorry for the rant.

17. sweetpumkinpye

The vote was absolutely YES!!!!!
    I am so happy. Equality is a beautiful thing.

18. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I love cooking and I prepare ahead of time. On Sunday Allen helps with the chicken/cabbage soup. He helps if not working with deer or in tree. We do the same menu so pretty easy peasy.

Jess you do, do good work so don't sell yourself short. Shoots are high here too.

Think I will go shower and start on top the TV.

19. halimer

halimer Active Member

Katrina - really happy to hear about the vote. As far as the weather I would prep for cold and possibly snow. Last year Boston had a ton of snow and NYC had one big blizzard in the midst of an unusually mild winter. DD can also do layers - fleece is always a good bet. Snow boots because snow can quickly turn to slush in the cities. And if she needs anything in NYC, while I won't be there, DS and DDIL will be.....

Lana - glad you get some help

20. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Active Member

I have been MIA for a few days. But I have read.

On Sunday, MJ and I stop at McD's for breakfast. I was so thirsty. Could hardly wait to drink some sweet tea.

At church I was in the nursery with my buddy, Mark. I walked four, maybe five feet across the room to the sink to get a drink. BAM!!! I fell on my back, bounced my head off the cement, and then did it again. I am so talented, am I not? I am ok, no bruises even. We have several nurses in our church, and they came to my aid. They refused to let me drive home. So a young couple from church took care of that. I even got up easily with help. I am really sore all over.

Last night, my BFF and her DH were in an accident. Some yahoo was speeding and going the wrong way on a one way street. He sped away! Dirt bag! The truck is probably totaled, but praise God they were not injured. They are both just sore. He got the worst of it, because they were hit on his side. People are crazy.

It seems to me that people are getting more in the Christmas spirit. They are putting lights outside and their trees up already. Still a little too early for this Christmas lover!

Tomorrow is laundry day. I don't think I have two loads. Glory, hallelujahs! I need gas, and it was $2.79 here today. I almost had a heart attack! Who can afford that stuff? I have $10 to buy gas and that will have to last me till Dec. 3!!!! Yikes! The good thing is most of my shopping is done for Christmas. Didn't spend a lot; ordered it most online. I just can't do the shopping anymore.

On that lovely note, I bid you good night. Sleep well, my angels!