Tuesday November 5th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 5, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning everyone :)
    hooked-on-autumn-snoopy-with-falling-fall-leaves-doing-his-happy-Cya2Cy-clipart.jpg

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Ended up taking Allen to Express Care last night. He has been feeling light headed and draining and coughing (after I had it--which I am still hacking around). They gave him an antibiotic and cough meds. He hasn't been taking his water pill due to he is ALWAYS peeing and they said he should regardless and would help with shortness of breath. So will see. I think a checkup with doctor/or heart doctor is good ideal but.....

Cooler air is to be coming.

I better get off and get dinner together and something to work on at lunch.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lana- I hope you both get to feeling better and it's nothing serious developing with Allen.
    Hi Lucie!

I was sleeping well and then I woke up with something in my eye and it just kept burning and hurting. Everytime I closed my eye it would hurt and water and I had a hard time getting back to sleep. I thought I finally got water it was to move out but I think it scratched the inside of my eye. It is still hurting this morning when I look a certain way, my eye is swollen from all the trauma of course. :rolleyes: I feel like I have gravel in that eye and it still has that icky burning sensation from where it is scratched i'm sure. Super irritating.

I have the dermatologist this morning, the precancer on my cheek is still there even though he has frozen it twice. Not sure what he'll say about it, probably just freeze it again I guess. I have my mentor call this morning as well, but that will be quick. I'll finish up my content today and look at my task. I can use a lesson plan that I created for another class and just modify it but it's still going to take some work i'm sure. I should be done with this class by sometime next week as long as I don't procrastinate.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Sickness continues in our house. DD6 seems much better other than a lingering cough...she looks a lot better. When I took her temprerature this morning it was very low after fighting a fever for several days. It was so low I thought my thermometer must be broken, but I found another that came in just as low. I've cranked the heat and have her in a pile of blankets drinking hot chocolate and tea. I've never heard of being sick lowering your temperature. I'm trying to get her in to see someone just to make sure everything's okay, but the clinic doesn't seem to be answering their phone this morning. Going to keep calling until they do.

Otherwise, just laundry and cleaning to do around here today. I need to come up with an idea for DH for Christmas - hardest person in the world to buy for.

I found a pattern for making a plain pullover sweater in DK yarn. I have so many scrap balls. I think I'm going to try to make it up for DD2 and then for the others depending on how much I have in my stash. Just make them each a really crazy mix-matched sweater for wearing around the house when it's cold.

luludou - love Snoopy :)
    lana - I hope Allen is feeling better soon
    Mrs Soup - ouch! Hope your eye feels better soon and if you scracthed it it wasn't too badly.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Still here on Tybee where it's in the 60's. Had a rain shower earlier but now the sun is creeping out.

Had a caravan breakfast this morning. It was OK but it seems like this was the only pace on the island open and there were other groups there so quite crowded.
    After that, since someone was kind enough to give me a Sunday NYT so I've been curled up in a corner reading while DH putters around outside.

Later a group of us will be going to the Crab Shack to eat oysters.

FS - would love to see how your sweater turns out - I have lots of mini-balls in my stash too
    Lisa - don't know about Poldark but did hear it was the last season. The books, which I read long ago, go on forever, through several generations.
    Jess - hope you're feeling better
    Lana - hope you can get Allen to a doctor!
    Diedra - glad all the papers got signed
    Lucie - I'm sure you're out being busy!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Did gym and been running around the office. Just had 3rd paint class, next Week is last one. Panda needs a few corrctions but it's not too bad as is.
    Last night I addressed a few Christmas cards while watching tv and updated my 'seen dvrd Christmas movies' , Don't want to dvr them twice as there are LOTS of Christmas movies nowadays.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. have my grandson his ears still hurt some . he cant seem to catch a break.kids in kindergarten catching something from other kids- crazy weather. have agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Slow morning at work until I found a job that needed doing that kept me busy and here it is, lunch time already. Two packages from Amazon came last night so I started the evening responding to blog comments and then worked with my new transparencies and green ink from the Amazon packages. The transparencies are great - sturdy enough to stick wood veneer, stiff felt, and rubber embellishments on them with ease. I did have to do the layout twice as I forgot to factor in the holes that needed to be punched. The green ink was less successful - it's the wrong shade but it will come in handy for other things; I need a more olive shade which I located on Amazon and ordered.

Tonight is the first lesson of the December Daily Product Play 3 class - we are working with hexagons this week so I'm looking forward to that this evening. The Starbucks holiday cups will be released on Thursday so I'll be making several trips there over the next few days. There were four patterns last year - I flatten the cups and cut them into circles or strips to use in my album (clean cups, of course!). The baristas are always accommodating when I ask for an extra cup.

I need to make a grocery list - Saturday is the online prep party for December Daily - 12 hours with a video at the top of each hour so I need some things to snack on. I can't wait, it sounds like so much fun. I think we have one more December Daily fan in the MHH group but I can't remember who it is?

I brought my Christmas inventory list to work today so if it gets slow this afternoon, I'll be making some notes on what can be decluttered and what will go where in the house. I decided - November 10 is decorating day for the small trees.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

Hi again!

I went to the Derm and had 3 spots on my face frozen. I have a new precancer on my left temple and another spot on my nose, he also refroze (for the 3rd time) the existing precancer on my cheek. Everything else was fine and I go back in a month for a recheck of those spots. I stopped by the drive-thru Starbucks and grabbed coffee and then came home and picked up Eli's math workbook and took it to the school. Then came back and called my friend and chatted some more. She called me earlier and we talked for quite a while, but I wasn't quite finished so I called her back. haha I folded DH's laundry while we were talking.

Now i'm going to update the check ledger and try to do some schoolwork before I have to pick up Eli. I also need to write out the grocery list. My eye is a tiny bit better than during the night but still feels like crap, but I managed to put some makeup on (no mascara!).

FS- Believe it or not, it's called a reverse fever. We've looked it up before because my temp typically runs low but a few times it has been super low when i've felt under the weather.
    Debbie- Enjoy your reading!
    Faye- Hope DGS feels better!
    Pamela- Looks like i'll be going to Starbucks just to see the new cups! You reminded me that i'm supposed to be going to the Commissary today. Blah!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning dear friends,
    Wednesday here and as usual a bit to do on the list.
    Washing, shopping list, general house work, all the good things. I am normally prepping for DrillDance too but we are having a night off because the hall is being used for a school function. I can certainly use the bonus time.
    Looking at Facebook yesterday there was a lot of talk about Hallmark movies and I said to DH it is a pity we don't get Hallmark here, He did some research and when I got home last night he had set up the Hallmark channel for me. One of the movies I started to watch was not synced and the sound did not match the picture so I am hoping that that was just a small glitch and will resolve itself. I can see some great TV viewing in December.

Washer is beeping so I better go and hang out the washing, it is cooler today but think it may warm up later.

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening!

Been on the go all day with MJ. We went to breakfast, and then to Dollar Tree, our DTs do not have a huge selection of craft items as some of the stores do. Boo hiss. But, I managed to spend money. Lol. I got some various Christmas items, like fancy boxes for the bath sheets I bought. Some fancy tissue paper, some kitchen linens, etc. I also bought two pair of warm, fuzzy socks to put in Samuel's blessing boxes. That kid has a big heart.

After, the DT, we went to quilting. MJ And I tied three quilts in almost two hours. I had to make some corrections. I think most of the mistakes were her's, but I know I did make one, ar least. After quilting, I paid my rent, got some coupons from my apartment. Then to vote. Saw Neighbor on the way, and stopped to pick her up. It was quite a bit chilly! After that, I took her home, even tho I invited her to go with us to get a bite to eat. So, I took her home, and we went to Hardee's. Had a coupon for a BOGO roast beef sandwich. It was SO good! I am stuffed still! Took MJ home and I came home. I am really tired!

Tomorrow I have my eye exam. I know my eyes are really bad. I will order new glasses from Zenni. Will have to have DD help me with the right eye and left eye scripts. Then on Thursday, I have a follow up for my back. MJ will go with me, and then we will go to Cracker Barrel! I can already taste the chicken and dumplings! Yum. I think I have a free day on Friday. I will have to play catch up on housework, dishes, putting away laundry. Busy, busy week. Phew!

Jess, I know that getting something in your eye can be extremely painful. And you don't want to mess with your eyes. The only set you will have.
    FS, so sorry about DD6. I hope all your little ones feel better soon.
    Pamela, you have things scheduled to a "T"! I should be so organized.
    Katrina, glad you have a free evening.
    Faye, saying a prayer for your DGS!
    Lucie, you are a busy girl!
    Debbie, is the NYT a huge paper? You know, like it takes hours to read? Enjoy!
    Lana, how is Allen this evening? I hope he is better. Ever since I had pneumonia a few years ago, I still cough and sometimes it sounds like I am at death's door. I wonder if a person ever gets it completely out of one's system?

I need to balance my checkbook now. That will be a lot of fun, huh? Hope you all have had a good day! Will talk later. Stay safe and be blessed.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

Pam, sounds like you had a huge day, hope you rest well this evening.

Just pausing for a bit of a break, beds are made and bathrooms are cleaned. I have written my shopping list for tomorrow. Mum and I are doing a bulk freezer cooking session on Saturday so tomorrows list is quite large. I am hoping to get at least 12 meals in the freezer for use over the Summer. We don't like doing a lot of cooking in the Summer due to the heat so it will be nice to be able to pull meals out and not heat up the kitchen.

It is windy here and a lot cooler than forecast, I might need to go and put on a hoodie.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening friends!

What a day! Gray skies and cool temps here. Snow in the forecast for Thursday. We had split kids this morning, so that threw everything off for the morning, including the students. Thankfully it was half a day. Then, a parent called about a missing glove at dismissal....sure don't understand people these days....so the child and I went to lost and found, the after school program and his locker in search of the glove. As I'm searching through his coat and hat and book bag, the school nurse says...his family has bedbugs...didn't you know?! WELL NO! I don't know if you all have bed bug experience, but they are travelers....so...I came home and stripped in the basement, put my clothes in the dryer on high for an hour and am hopeful that I didn't bring any home. Then there were about 10 other crazy things today. It's plain exhausting.

Once I got dressed again, J and I went to vote in the local elections. Then we made Pittsburgh style steak salads for dinner. They were soooo good. I just worked on school data for about an hour and am ready to take my spot on the couch for the evening until bedtime.

Lana...I hope Allen is feeling better.
    Jessica...how's the eye?
    Debbie...I have Tybee Island on my list of places to visit. Is it nice?
    Pamela....you are on it!
    FS...hope your dd is doing better this evening.
    Pam...still have to check out the DT videos....sounds like you got some great things!
    Sending love and blessings to you all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

My eye seems to be better than it has been all day (thanks for asking Lisa!). Hopefully it will heal quickly! I finished my class content and looked at the task, I don't have as much to do as I thought I would I don't believe so it shouldn't take long once I start. I will most likely stay home and work on it tomorrow.

DD came home with her registration packet for high school and she has to choose her electives. She wants to take PE over the summer in summer school so it's only a month and she has another period to take another elective. It will cost $190 but I think i'll let her do it. She is definitely doing AVID and Spanish 1, she's trying to decide what else to choose. She has to pick 4.

I need to do my PT exercises and decide what we're having for dinner. I went to the Commissary and did the shopping for the week's meals and grabbed whatever else we needed. Everything is put away and i'm watching the Christmas Cookie Challenge from last night.

Katrina- Glad you were able to get Hallmark! I know they do a streaming for $5.99 during the holiday season.
    Pam- Sounds like a busy day out for you!
    Lisa- Bedbugs, yuck!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

Lisa, did you end up finding the glove?
    Jess, glad the eye is feeling a little better, if not some anesthetic eye drops may work.

Still cool here do not think it will hit the maximum temperature.
    I have pulled taco mince form the freezer for a quick taco dinner for tonight, I have no shells but I have tortillas so that will work.
    I have just tidied my plastics cupboard, out of all the cupboards in my house it is the one the annoys me the most, I can never keep it tidy.

I think I have done all I really need to do until dinner so I might sit on the couch and do some knitting and watch a movie.....bliss.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh no bed bugs!! I’m so sorry. We used to have outbreaks at the hospital. And yes they do travel well. One of the reasons I dislike staying in hotels these days.
    We have a busy week here so the big living room tree will start to go up next week. If my husband had his way I’d already be working on it. I wanted to finish cleaning house before I start on that.
    Sending prayers for everyone’s needs, concerns and for good health.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I thought I had lost my planner!:confused::eek:o_O:( I realized last night before I went to bed and was going to update it that I couldn't find it, so I didn't sleep too well. Then, that was on my mind all day. But, I FOUND IT!!! Hallelujah and praise the Lord! :):cool::D It had fallen behind and slightly under my chair which sits against the wall in the living room.

I didn't say yesterday that the IT guy at work is Dr. R's SIL and that the SIL told me yesterday when I asked him to check the print spooler error on a tablet that he doesn't take care of IT for our business, which is housed at Dr. R's office, he only takes care of Dr. R's business. Anyway, Dr. R and his wife are on a short vacation and Dr. R texted me today to see if the problem with our program not loading was repaired. I didn't tell Dr. R yesterday what his SIL told me, but when he asked me today to check with him to see if our problem was fixed, I did. Dr. R's son in the president of the company I work for, so I did tell Dr. R's son what the SIL said to me yesterday. He told me to just tell him when I need something, so that's what I told Dr. R I would do. Dr. R didn't reply to my message about his SIL, so I don't know what all went on with that. Finally, at almost 4:00 today, the glitch in our program was fixed. I don't know how or who...if it was on our side or the program writer's side, but I'm just glad it's fixed.

Between not being able to find my planner and the IT issues (and rude people issues), it's been a day for sure! I came home, threw a casserole in the oven, finished loading the dishwasher, and put a load of clothes on to wash before I started searching everywhere I could think of for my planner. I even looked in the storage shed, at the church, and called stores I had gone to over the weekend.

Lisa, oh, no! Bed bugs! My ex-MIL had them so bad in the apartment she was in, she had to move. My ex (DS's dad) contacted a local news station who did an investigation on it. They are the hardest things in the world to kill.
    Lucie, you're right about there being a lot of Christmas movies now.
    Katrina, you accomplished a lot. I understand the struggle with the plastic containers!
    Debbie, glad you found a newspaper to curl up with!
    Myron's Mom, I've passed several houses today that already have decorations up.
    Jess, hard to believe DD will start HS next year. I hope the talk with Eli's teacher helps. That's the way DH's eye was when he had a virus in it.
    Pamela, you find plenty to fill your time when you're not at work. I'm tired just reading.
    Faye, kids catch so much that first year. DD26 stayed sick her whole first year of school. There have been a lot of children in to see the doctors and NPs at the office in just the last two days.
    Pam, you did quite the gallivanting around today! You should sleep well tonight.
    FS, I wish we could see the sweaters when you finish them. I love mottled sweaters.
    Lana, men can be so stubborn about going to the doctor. I hope Allen will do what's best and not wait until he's even more sick.

Time to fold the clothes and unload the dishwasher.

Rest well, friends. Tomorrow is another day!

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.