Tuesday October 23rd, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Howdy!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Will go get an egg on to boil here shortly. Normally don't eat breakfast but trying to be better!

Should be in low to mid 60's.

Teigan has a dentist appt. this a.m. so Allen will take her. It is at Nashville so he will go see Aunt Im and get her some depends, needs to check on hangers and a tote too.

The flu shot didn't seem to brother me this year. Some years I would get a runny nose or such but lucky this time.

Teigans soccer pictures were cute that Jaymee got last night.

Have a GREAT day!

I ended up yesterday a.m. ordering the set of 3 books by Susan Branch. Library only had one other to get. Ebay had prices form !3.99 to 79.99 for one book and found a set of 3 for $45.00. I read the middle one Isle of Dreams and really liked it. I like Susan Branch items.

PamelaG likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! awake by 4:15, did gym. Nothing on the agenda except work.

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good Morning,
    I am up and dressed. I have pulled out the hamburger to make taco's and a double batch of chili (for wedding). I am about to set up the ironing board and do some ironing that needs to be done. Once done, I hope to sit at the sewing machine and sew a doll dress. No other plans for today unless I end up following the bunny trail in the front closet.

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning . housework and a couple errands to do today. suppose to be 71 today. calling for rain fri sat and sun of course have the weekend off. had pumpkin coffee for breakfast. have agood day to all

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Nice and sunny out - didn't need a jacket, just a shirt for Buffy's walk.

I have an appointment with the hand surgeon today about my carpal tunnel. It is in both hands - different problems in each hand but both nonetheless. Will see what he recommends. Also having foot problems so need to find a podiatrist. Definitely feel like I am old and falling apart - not a good feeling.

Jess - I haven't had a flu shot in years. The one year I did I developed a 6 month headache and I feel it is the cause of the neurological problems I developed after. Also, DH got a shot last year and had a real bad case of the flu anyhow - and pneumonia
    Faye - maybe the weekend forecast will change
    Lucie - you're an early riser!
    Jody - sounds like a peaceful day
    Lana - hope Teigan's dentist appointment goes well. I always loved the dentist as a child

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm not sure if i'll go to Stroller Warriors this morning or not. I need to finish up my homework and have my mentor call and I need to get to Target and Sam's Club. If I go, that will take up my entire morning. I can't go on Thursday, so if I don't go today then I won't be there all week. I can do my runs on my own though. I'm still not feeling 100% either. Hmmm. Eli is getting out at 1 p.m. from today until early November due to parent-teacher conferences.

Nothing on the agenda tonight except DS's driver's ed class, just have to take him and pick him up. I need to figure out dinner too.

Lana- Hope Teigan does well at the dentist.
    Lucie- Sorry about the exam.
    Jody- I hope you have time to sew!
    Faye- I don't think i've had pumpkin coffee.
    Debbie- Good luck with the appointments. I normally don't do the shots but being on an island I kind of feel like we're in an incubator.

Enjoy your day!

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I'm enjoying the quiet, after getting the dgkids off to school. I don't know what's up with dgs - lots of dawdling and bickering with dgd. Every day it's a battle to keep him on task and get him out the door on time to get the school bus. Today was the worst.

I didn't make it to the pharmacy yesterday and today there's no option. I'll swing by Michael's while I'm out - I saw they have the supplies I need for my next CIJ ornaments.

The last time I got a flu shot - 7 years ago? - I asked the nurse to use one of my itty bitty insulin needles instead of the huge horse needle she came at me with. She laughed. I was serious.

Have a great day everyone!

9. luludou

:) :) GrammaDeb

Had lunch with cws. I now have a list of things to do at work - great! I hate having to wait for someone all the time.

Posted on my blog yesterday too

10. MrsSoup

DS is home from school today. When will that boy learn that he has a sensitive stomach and can't eat and drink certain things?!? He came home from work last night, early because there were a bunch of baggers and only two lanes open, with a Mountain Dew Kickstart. He said he bought a snack while on break and that was part of it. I told him he shouldn't be drinking that crap (he hardly ever drinks soda) and he didn't say what his "snack" was. Now this morning (or I guess throughout the night) he's been having diarrhea and throwing up. He couldn't even eat his cereal. I gave him some Pepto and told him he was going to school. Well, then he threw up the Pepto. :rolleyes: I gave him his Loperamide (sp?) for diarrhea and he's in bed. He has drivers ed tonight and he can't miss that (not allowed to miss a class), so he'll have to rally if he's still not feeling well. I told him that I was sure it was due to his poor food/drink choices last night and I hope that this would be a lesson to him. His dad is the same way and pays the price when he eats something that he shouldn't. I doubt he learned his lesson though. He sees a nutritionist tomorrow, one specifically for pediatrics, so i'm hoping she will have some suggestions to get him to eat better. I'm sure i'll get blamed for it all at the appointment, isn't that the way it goes?

I've decided not to go to SW, i'm going to finish homework and then do my shopping so I can be back in time to get Eli off the bus.

Deb- Sorry about DGS. Eli hasn't been getting up with his alarm since Fall break and i've even taken away his TV watching at bedtime, hasn't mattered a bit. Must be a phase for both of them. Have you tried a timer for each morning activity? Set the timer for whatever amount of time he should take to get each thing done to help him manage his time. It can be one of those annoying counter kitchen timers and once he gets used to it, he can be responsible for setting it. Might help with his time management.

11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Late check-in today - woke up early to an email from household goods saying they were coming Friday to pick up Vic's Okinawa shipment, uh no, that was cancelled in September. Called to verify and it was cancelled but someone didn't tell the automatic email department! Ran out to get my bangs trimmed, then to the base to schedule the new round of household goods shipments - the Navy will reimburse us to move what I take in my car next month, and then we will have the Okinawa shipment and the household goods to Washington in June. Thank goodness for my planner to keep track of all this.

I bought Sophia an expensive jacket about five years ago and the cuffs are frayed from wear. She contacted the company and they said to send it back to them and they will take care of the cuffs. No mention of a cost, that's great customer service. Can't wait to see what it looks like. It's a bit like LLBean replacing my four year old robe because part of the zipper failed. Honestly, companies like this will always get my business.

Off to scan more books.

Lana - I love Susan Branch, her website is amazing. I'll take one of everything please! ;)

MrsSoup likes this.
  12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again.

Back from my appointments. Will have hand surgery on November 7 and then, hopefully, 3 weeks later. Also managed to make a podiatrist appointment for Thursday.

Deb - I have to get to Michael's too - I need some "p"'s for my Happy Hanukkah sign
    Lucie - glad you're keeping busy
    Pamela- glad the shipments worked out

13. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Jess - I do set a timer for dgs. 15 minutes for breakfast - this morning he went over by 25 minutes. I watched him chew chew chew, off in lala land. Asked what was in his mouth...nothing.

MrsSoup likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Wednesday here, bright and sunny.
    Not too much on the list today, I am having coffee with a friend at 10.30. Need to do grocery list for shopping tomorrow. DH is still away so not sure what time he is home and not sure what dinner will be. I have DrillDance training tonight.
    I am still feeling unwell, not sure what is going on, am seeing the doctor on Friday morning so maybe she can shed some light on these symptoms.

Better go, washing machine is beeping.

15. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I got my schoolwork done and then after DH came home and left I went to Target and Sam's. Didn't find what I was looking for at Target so i'll have to look online. I was hoping to find it on clearance like my friend did but they must have sold out. I did get stuff for DD's market day on Thursday for her to make cupcakes. I picked up 4 big bags of candy at Sam's Club and a pounder bag of jerky for DH. DH called as I was coming onto base and asked about lunch so I met him at his office and we walked over to the Shoppette. He got pizza from Dominos and I got a Lunchable and some Combos from the Shoppette.

I'm watching Halloween Baking Championship from last night and catching up on some other recorded shows. Eli just got home from school. My chest feels horrible. I'm not coughing a lot or anything but it just feels like I can't breathe right. Not sure i'll get a run in today.

Pamela- That's awesome that the company will fix the cuffs.
    Debbie- Wow, I hope the surgery helps!
    Deb- Hmm, how old is DGS? Has he always been like this? Is he like that at school too or just in the morning?
    Katrina- I hope the doctor can figure it out!

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I got my hair cut this afternoon...trimmed really, because I'm letting it grow out, but I'm still keeping layers in it. While I was there, one of the stylists was getting towels out of the dryer and found a dead rat in there. She came running out of the back room like she had seen a ghost! My stylist is a friend (she's been doing my hair for 20+ years), so I went back there with her to clean it out.

I planted greens in our garden while supper was cooking. I need to pick up some more broccoli and some lettuce and put it out. I have the storm doors open letting the house get some fresh air. It makes the house smell so good!

I've never gotten the flu shot. I'm allergic to eggs and it's inoculated in an egg base. I don't have the same type allergic reaction to them I had as a child, but still don't want to take the chance. I used to have wheezing. Now, I have adverse stomach symptoms when I eat them...depends on how many.

Lucie, sorry about your not passing the test. Was the list for just today or is it a list of things you're responsible in the new position?
    Pamela, the mistakes would make me worried about whether or not things will go well for the move. Hope things do go well.
    Debbie, things definitely change as we age...not always pleasant. I hope your surgeries go well. All the more reason to try and get things done before you start all that.
    Lana, I'm not much of a breakfast eater, either. The new medicine they have me on for diabetes tends to make me feel nauseous if I don't eat something before I take it, even though it says take it with or without food. I hope Teigan's dentist appointment went alright.
    Jody, did you follow the bunny trail?!
    GrammaDeb, give DGS his 15 minutes and then take his food up. After he's gone hungry for a few days, maybe he will stop dawdling. Is he sleeping well at night? I don't know how old he is, but does he have a cell phone and have it in his room at night? I always took my children's phones when I went to bed if I found out they had been on them. And...it could just be his age!
    Katrina, hope you feel better and if not, that the doctor can find out what's wrong.
    Faye, sorry the weather isn't going to cooperate for your weekend off. Maybe you can plan some things to do inside?

Night, everyone. Hope you all rest well.

17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

I talked to DD tonight, and I will remove dgs's food after 15 minutes. He does the same thing at every meal - always has. He just turned 12. He does well in school, surprisingly - all A's with sometimes a B. Does not have a phone or bedroom TV. Gets up on time, obedient, pleasant - I think he has a lot of stuff going on in his brain.

MrsSoup likes this.
  18. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I managed not to follow the bunny trail. I got the ironing done. Made chili, and tacos and baked cookies. I have half the the doll dress sewn. Just need to attach the skirt to bodice and finish edges. 18" doll clothes has the same steps as it does for children and adult clothes. The fabric I am sewing right now really ravels so I have to zigzag the edges. Probably won't finish it tomorrow because it is my volunteer day at school and I am meeting with former teachers from where I worked for dinner. I should be able to Thursday.

luludou likes this.
  19. luludou

Jane, it's a monthly list, things to update.. some weekly, some every 2 weeks and most monthly. At least I have some of work I can do on my own.

20. MrsSoup

Great suggestion Jane! Deb- i'm glad that you have something new to try, I hope it works!

missjane likes this.