Tuesday, October 2nd 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is about 6:25 and I am up showered and dressed.

Yesterday got to about 86 and should be the same today. Tomorrow they are saying 90! Week-end was just a tease. Hope next week is nice! I am off!

Hoping tonight after work to get outside and work in the yard. Get some more stuff ready for the junk on Thursday. I have an appt. tomorrow night after work so will be dark when I get home. Hate the darkness coming sooner when could make could time doing stuff with the temps down. Have had windows open the last 2 or 3 nights. The humidity is down so the nights are really nice. Plus my power meter loves it.

Sorry to remember all the personals yesterday but I read it last night.

Soccer they had group pictures and really cooled off when sun went down. They will have to be sure to start these on time the next few weeks. Allen, mom, Teigan and I went to McDonalds and Jaymee went home herself.

Suppose I better go do a few things.

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Finally had a good night's sleep with no headache. We have a new govt this morning, will see where it leads us - they did say they would cut on govt employees.
    Did gym.

Have a great day

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning going to see night school movie today with my friend. suppose to get up to 86 90 on thur what happen to fall. got up washed a load of clothes cleaned the bathroom. hope everyone has a good day

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just popping in to say goodnight. It was a busy day here, deep cleaned my room, still need to sort clothes. Washed all the quilts and pillows, changed to Summer bedding.
    Planted some petunias and seaside daisy in the beds in the backyard.
    Took the dogs for a drive to pick up DD.

Time for bed now, have a great day all.

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

DD is still in bed. Dh just got up. I've gotten my morning routine done.

DD has a meeting at 11 this morning. Not her favorite one as it's mainly about her personal care and medication. She always feels kind of left out but will also say she doesn't want to hear anything about her medications. lol

It is still cloudy and looks like rain any minute. Highs today will be in the 50sF/10sC. Yesterday Dh was just getting ready to go mow the grass when we had heavy rain. I need to get the trim varnished but I think it will take forever to dry with the humidity.

I still haven't done my menu planning so I need to get on that too. I'm trying to eat out of the freezer to reduce what I have so it will all fit in the smaller refrig that is arriving this week.

Enjoy the minutes in your life.

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends!

I joined the migraine club yesterday. Haven't had one in a long time, and it was not fun! Still have some headache 'hangover'. I tried to take a nap, but no luck.

Today is quilting. MJ and I will go to lunch and then to church to see what will be ready to tie. Well, MJ just called and she is not going to quilting. She is having trouble with the little finger on her right hand. It is very painful. I have suggested that she call her doctor, but she just hasn't done it. She is not faking it, because I have seen the pain in her reaction to it.

Well I need to get my shower and get dressed. Being lazy today. What else is new, right? Lol

Hope you all have a blessed day!

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I ordered pizza for dinner last night and worked on creating a data sheet for the Soldiers and family members to fill out for FRG. DH said he needed one by today when he got home last night. I kept it simple with necessary contact information so we'll see how it goes. It's usually like pulling teeth to get those things back with actual information.

DD has a follow up this morning and then i'll take her to school. Then i'll head to Stroller Warriors. I have my mentor call and then i'll work on homework most likely. I do need to do my meal plan and grocery list and get to the Commissary if possible so I can make dinner tonight. My friend called last night and asked what I was doing this morning, she was wanting me to watch her youngest while she had an appointment. I told her I could take her with me to Stroller Warriors but she said she would just drop her in the daycare at the clinic. Whatever. I have to get to the library today to return and renew some of DD's books. She uses her ID card to check out books but for some reason her login isn't working in the system so we couldn't get in to renew the books, so they are way overdue. Good thing they don't charge.

Lana- I remember those soccer days when it would be super hot on the weekends and freezing during practice on the weeknights. LOL
    Lucie- Glad you were able to get a good nights sleep!
    HW2- Enjoy the movie! Let us know how it is, looks funny!
    Katrina- Feel free to come to my house next. ;)
    Diedra- I still need to do my menu planning as well. I wish I had a personal chef, don't we all. hehe
    Pam- I have always wanted to learn quilting. They offer a class here for free I think, I just need to sign up and go. I will add that to my list. But my sewing machine isn't working so I wonder if you have to bring your own? I will check. Time to start doing things I want to do.

Enjoy your day!

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  9. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Mrs. Soup... quilting is fun.
    Pam, Sorry about the migraine.
    Ahorsesoul-- Thanks for visiting my blog.

It is cloudy here again today. Suppose to get be cold and rainy all this upcoming weekend. Even a chance of "the white stuff" for next Monday. That should be fun for Kiddo driving in for the first time.

Went to the chiropractor yesterday. Asked him to work on my lower back due to my hip injury. He messed up my hip instead. I woke up this morning in massive pain. This is the second time he has done this. I felt good after my adjustment... even walked a bit without my cane. Now today I am almost totally depending on the cane due to the pain and pinching. So upset.

A friend of mine gave me a box of scrap fabric. I found enough of one fabric that I can make myself a dress. I found another large piece that I might be able to make a skirt out of it. So excited. Since I am not able to walk much... I might as well sit and sew. I am knitting baby booties in the afternoons. Hubby's cousin is having another baby and I love giving a new baby quilt, a newborn hat and booties. The ones I am making look like Mary Jane shoes. So darn cute.

Hope everyone has a great day.

10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Today is filled with making phone calls. I helping DH with forms that need to be filled out for his retirement. Lots of questions about finances and insurance. What makes it hard is sometimes they will not talk to me only him.

I went to bed and woke up feeling puny. Feels like a headache wants to come but hasn't. Neck has a slight kink in it. Oh, well if it is still there tomorrow I will call the chiropractor. Hmmm just realized I have not eaten a real meal for a couple of days maybe if I actually eat I would feel better. I tend to get busy and just nibble on something rather than eat. Not a good weight loss plan as the body will think it is starving and not let go of fat.
    Time to eat!

11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Busy morning - haircut and schedule my last bangs trim and then last haircut here in Virginia, dropped bags of clothes at the Salvation Army (did the reverse hanger thing last year and was amazed at all the clothes I did not wear in a whole year - off they go to new owners), stopped at Office Depot for photo paper, and then headed to Sit 'n Sip. Great new crowd, lots of hilarious conversation, and yummy pumpkin coffee and donuts. Stopped at drive-through pharmacy and then headed home. Yesterday I received my formal job offer (yeah, they are taking me back at my old pay grade which was really only a temporary promotion at the time - you're temporary for a year and then move to permanent status - I really expected to be hired back at my lower pay grade but no, thank you Lord, the higher rate it is!!) and all my employment documents to fill out, sign, and return so that took up most of the afternoon.

A load of towels to wash and dry, then some more purging and breaking up a lot of cardboard boxes I threw in the trunk after the Welcome Social last week. A little more Project Life sometime this afternoon or evening, getting caught up which is a great feeling! Even remembered to take a photo every day so far this week - yes, I know it's only Tuesday! :rolleyes:

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It just keeps getting warmer. Mid 70's today and hotter tomorrow - somewhat overcast, though.

Well, my tooth was pulled, the bone replaced and I'm all sewed up. The novacane is starting to wear off. DH has to get my meds. Otherwise I think I'll just take it easy today. Maybe knit.

TTYL

13. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning everyone. Blue skies for now...we're supposed to get more rain today and tomorrow. So far we haven't had anything worth talking about. Lots of hot humidity, though - ugh.

I was up at 5:30 to get the kids fed and out the door to school. Dgd brought her laptop to breakfast so she could study - she can't study on the school bus because there are no text books and no Wi-Fi on the bus. I told her she couldn't have food or drink with the laptop open, she could study when she was ready for school - as soon as she shut the case, she spilled her orange juice. Whew! Disaster averted. She got to clean up her mess. There's no need to tell her daddy - I think she learned her lesson.

The last 2 loads of laundry are done, morning chores are done, and I'm waiting for DH to get out of the shower so I can get in. Then it's grocery shopping and home to fix dinner. French dip sandwiches, deli potato salad, and green salad.

Have a great day!

Doodlebug likes this.
  14. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I have been thinking about everyone so much!! No reason not to be on here. I was swamped a couple of weeks ago with getting all the fair projects finished and then I had my trip to Iowa for the CWC (Country Women's Council) Meeting. It was a wonderful time. I was elected as the Vice-Chairman. I made my Registration for the Triennial Meeting which will be held in Melbourne, Australia in April. It is for the ACWW (Associated Country Women of the World). We do so many projects to help women and children.
    DS#1 and DDIL have been on the road quite a bit so I have had the girls. They just got back early this morning from Arizona. They are to leave Wednesday for Ohio. Just three more extended weekends away and filming should be over for this season.
    Going to have more work done here at the farm. Need to have a row of trees taken out so we can put new fence up. The other fence is so old and brittle. The cows kept getting out so we moved them about three weeks ago. The guy was to start clearing trees yesterday but hasn't shown up yet.
    Pam - did you go ahead and go to quilting? Wish I was there to join you.
    Lana - we are having the same weather here. However, I did break down and turn the air on last night. It was just so hot. Next week it will be nice and cool again in the 70's.
    Pamela, Congrats on your job!
    Jess, have you thought about setting the info sheet up online so that they could just fill it out and send it?
    GrandmaDeb, saved by your quick thinking.

Need to run downstairs a nd get an ink pad for ddil. I will be back!!!

15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Me again!

Took DD for her follow-up. The doctor said that when she is 7 days without a headache she can start back with light physical activity. Her last headache was Friday. She rode her bike to and from school yesterday with no issues, so unless she starts getting headaches again, she will continue. She knows her body and won't push herself if she starts hurting. I took her back to school and came home for a few minutes. DH was just getting ready to leave so kissed him goodbye. I went to Stroller Warriors and ran about 2.15 miles. Everyone else in my C25K group is on Week 3 and i'm on Week 2 because I skipped last week and didn't run on my own. Oh well. I could definitely tell that I skipped a week though and will not do that again. I just signed up for a Commemorative 4K Run over on Wheeler Army Airfield at the beginning of December, it's to commemorate Pearl Harbor so we will run by historic sites and get history as we run. It will be so cool! It's about 2 1/2 miles. I'm debating on signing up for the Zombie 5K closer to Halloween. Sounds like fun but I don't know if i'm ready to run that far yet, however my battle buddy (Commander's wife) said that there will be people walking too, so I could alternate if I needed to. I'll look into it.

I had my mentor call and now I am having a snack before I hop in the shower. Then i'll tackle the grocery list and meal plan.

Carrie- Sorry about your hip. Maybe it's just sore from the position he used to adjust your back? My mom used to be sore the day after the chiropractor. Just a thought. Hope it feels better tomorrow.
    Jody- Eat something woman! And feel better. :)
    Pamela- Congrats on the higher pay!
    Debbie- Stay on top of those meds!
    Deb- Good thinking on closing the laptop!
    Debbie- Congratulations on your election! I'm not sure that we could do it online because then storage becomes an issue with keeping everyone's personal information confidential and the risk of it being "stolen" or "leaked" into cyberspace. I will ask about that though when I have my class in a couple weeks.

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I stayed after school to grade papers and get grades in for the first six weeks. 30 weeks left! DH called and left his shirt at home, so I've run home to get it. I surely could take a nap! No time, though. Game starts at 5;30. It was sprinkling rain as I was coming home. I better take rain gear with me.

No time for personals, but will try to return tonight.

17. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

I am so excited.... Kiddo came home and we cleaned out his closet.

I washed the new fabric that my friend gave me and I have a dress cut out and a skirt all cut out. Will start sewing them tomorrow. New clothes!!!

I am going to spend the evening go through my fabric and plan out some projects and then work on my knitted booties for about an hour. Finally getting some things done.

Mrs. Soup--- No... I wish I was just sore from the adjustment. My hip was in the wrong position. I had a few clunks from it today ...now... it is correct. :eek:

MrsSoup likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning,
    It is a cold one here today, after the gorgeous day yesterday it is a bit of a shock. The wind is blowing and it looks like it might rain. I still have one quilt on the clothesline so I hope it doe not rain just yet.
    More house work today and DrillDance training tonight. Thinking about what to do for dinner, I think poppy seed chicken or something similar would be nice.

19. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

DH picked me up at 6:00 :eek:
    got the rav4 at the garage - need to get the handbreak repaired.
    Nothing much else. dishes are done, gym & work clothes ready for tomorrow as well as lunch.

Have asked for my Friday off.

20. sweetpumkinpye

Have walked to the shop for ingredients for dinner, will do chicken in cream of mushroom soup with potatoes and asparagus. It is cold enough that I want something warm for dinner. Will do enough to freeze a portion.
    Trying to get things done here but DH is home and as much as I like his company he does put a chink in my plans.