Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Oct 30, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

Up early to get Vic's lunch ready and see him off to work. A little computer time then a shower and off to take the car for the cross country road check and new tires. I will have a loaner so I have a long list of errands. It's time for Vic to have that procedure that's recommended when you're over 50, you know, the one that involves the long nap! He has to start the prep tomorrow and is not looking forward to it. His low residue diet had a lot more things on the list than mine did but tomorrow he will start the clear liquids only regimen after breakfast. He wanted his prep powder mixed with 7-Up which just sounds gross to me but he drinks flat soda when it's been in the fridge overnight so 7-Up it is. I called it the Recipe but he didn't get it because he didn't grow up watching the Waltons!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello Pam and the rest!

To be another day near 75 but I think rain is to come in.

Still working on the computer. A guy is to call back again tonight.

Working on the 12 Days of Christmas items.

Pam, hope you get your running all done and that nothing shows up with the car. The prep part is the worse!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! woke up at 4:15. Did gym. I have to move my desk before noon so that'll be what I,ll be doing this am. For 2 weeks then change of place again.

Later

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. Super windy and a chilly 61 degrees.

Another stress-free morning and the kiddoes were out the door 5 minutes early - they must be plotting something. The last load of laundry is ready for the dryer, and then that chore is done for the week.

Dgs's tryout for a swim team went well last night. He's first on the waiting list. The coach was awe-struck with his butterfly stroke - he's stiff for his other strokes, but that's pretty good since he has been swimming for only 8 months.

Stay safe, and have a great day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and in the 40's today.

I wrapped 4 Christmas gifts yesterday and put them in their appropriate bags. I also determined what several more gifts will be based on my gift closet. I feel so proud of myself. I'm also almost finished with my latest knitting project. What a feeling of accoplishment;)

Today I have my pre-op regular doctor's check up. It's at 1 and I reall shouldn't eat so they can do my bloodwork. Normally that doesn't bother me but kind of knowing that I can't eat rather than just don't feel like it bothers me - oh well. Not sure what the rest of the day will hold.

Deb - congrats to DGS!
    Lucie - does work have a reason for all this desk moving? how annoying
    Jess - hope you and DD are feeling better. Is DS getting used to his job schedule? Has DH's mood improved?
    Pamela - tell Vic that I feel his pain about the prep - ugh!
    Lana - hope the computer gets straightened out
    Jane - glad to hear that all is set for DNiece's homecoming

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We had major rain most of the night. I woke up and heard it pouring and howling several times. Once I thought it was in my dream. I will drive DD to school today. Honestly, I kind of miss driving her to school because that's when we always have a conversation. Eli has his parent-teacher conference right after school today so he won't ride the bus home, DH and I will meet him there. I heard about a haunted house and trunk or treat being put on by one of the MP Battalions this evening and it's open to all, so I might see if my friend wants to go and take the kids for the trunk or treat part (the older kids could do the haunted house if they wanted), if the rain stops. I realized that we never did buy pumpkins and no one has said a word about it so i'm not bringing it up. It's just such a waste here to even bother.

I have a facial scheduled for this morning! Yay! I decided to go with that instead of the massage this month since they screwed up my neck so much last time and I had that horrible migraine for a week. I'm going to see about buying the moisturizer I want while i'm there. I'll use my birthday money.

Last night DH took me to the PX and bought me and him wireless bluetooth earbuds. He said it's an early Christmas gift. :) We're doing a 5K on Sunday so he said we both needed some. He used to have some but they quit working. We bought the 2 year protection plans as well so if they quit working we just call and they will either fix or replace them. Now I just need to see if Pandora has a military cadence station or download some military cadence to make my own playlist. I find that I run better with military cadence like when I was in the Army. Strange I know.

Pamela- Haha, I didn't mind the prep when I had to do that, for other reasons than my age. ;) The drink wasn't the best for sure though. I bought Luigi's Ice frozen lemonade things. They sustained me. LOL
    Lana- I hope you get it figured out.
    Lucie- Why so much moving?
    Deb- Haha, plotting something. I'm so glad that things have been going smoothly though. So much less stress for you. Yay for DGS!
    Debbie- Good on you for having so much done! Knowing I can't do something always makes me want to do it more. :p DS went to work with no complaints last night. I'm hoping since this week is payday he'll make more money and be happier about it. I'm feeling much better after taking the magic pill. Thanks for asking. Not sure about DD, she hasn't gotten up yet, although she was fine last night. DH's mood has improved for now. haha

Enjoy your day friends!

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Debbie - they keep changing the work spaces because the teams are changing and they are trying to regroup people.

Today is a weird day here.. people are talking about changing jobs and how the atmosphere is not good. I got a call from one of the interviews I passed at the beginning of Fall to see if I'm interested in another job they have. will call this afternoon to see - will tell I'm 4 days a Week 32 hours and if that's ok with them will go meet them.

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. housework clothes washed and dry put away. errands all done. dinner in the crockpot roast with pot carrots and onions will have mac and cheese and green beans. will make brownies for work tomo

10. PamelaG

Which ear buds did you buy? Let us know how you like them. Sounds like a great Christmas gift idea.

11. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Hi ladies. Closed the Card exchange over the weekend and sent out the list to everyone.
    Stayed home sick today, have a nasty cough. I tried to rest some but feel like I would doze off and wake up coughing.
    I got it under control long enough to fix a cake to take to work tomorrow and have a roast in the instapot cooking for dinner.

Lots of changes going on at our work as well. Some good some I'm not so sure about. I talked to a manager about a new project that they are testing that may get new out of sales and into the admin size. I think I will be much happier there. We will see.

Have a good evening ladies

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to my dear, dear friends,
    Wednesday here, Halloween.
    I did a lot of my Wednesday jobs yesterday so today I will be tackling the study. It is not a big room so I don't anticipate that it will take too long.
    Yesterday was busy, rang the estate agent about the long running air con problem and according to their records it was fixed back in July. I had to send them a detailed email stating that what the aircon technicians had done etc. I received an email back saying that it should be fixed very soon.

Went to friends funeral, it was a lovely, well attended service. Went for about an hour but it was a lovely time of the day and luckily the evening turned to be a balmy one.
    Went to dinner with DD BF and his parents. They paid for the meal as a thankyou for me taking them to and from the airport for their recent trip. It was a lovely evening and we thoroughly enjoy each others company. As we were leaving BF mum gave DH a hug and said that she is glad that we are family. Very sweet.
    Suppose I better get moving and try to get these chores done before DrillDance training tonight.
    Love to you all,

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I picked out JBL Harman Reflect Mini 2 earbuds. They are the smallest ones I could find that are compatible with my phone. Everything else I looked at were made for iPhone and I have an Android. I had to put on the smallest earpieces for them to even begin to fit in my ears and i'm not 100% sure that they are going to be comfortable enough yet. I'm going to run with them tomorrow and see. The lady said we had 30 days to bring them back, even if we use them and they will refund us. I have tiny ears (child ears pretty much) so finding anything is hard for me. I'll put a photo of them on FB later.

PamelaG and luludou like this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I feel like I need about three more of me to get everything done lately. Since the guest bedroom closet is empty in anticipation of Dniece staying a little with us, I want to paint the inside of it. It's never been painted since DH's family built the house in 1960. :eek: But...I had to go to Walmart after church to get stuff for the wiener roast tomorrow night, cook supper, and go back to Walmart to do the big grocery shop for my classes to start cooking. Three classes cook tomorrow. I did manage to plant six more broccoli plants and make two large packages of hamburger into patties, too. Guess the closet will have to wait until tomorrow night after church. My van is badly neglected and needs to be cleaned out and washed. Oil needs to be changed. And I also need to finish decluttering the house. DD25 needs a dress for graduation, so there will probably be a shopping trip Saturday.

It turns out the girl who wouldn't go to the office because of blue jeans is in one of my classes. She has 30 days at the alternative school site. A girl started yelling obscenities at another one in my class today "because she was looking at her." This school year is really trying my patience.

There is bad weather forecast for tomorrow...we'll see...

Shannon...hope you get the better position.

Praying you all rest well.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

The study is taking me longer than I thought to get done. The bookcase is in here and I started looking through the kids baby books and other special books that are in here. It was lovely looking through them but has now put me behind. Will have it finished by today though.

MissJane, sorry that school has been tough.

missjane likes this.